Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria (61607 Views)

How To Apply For Transcript In University Of Lagos / Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by venahoro(m): 10:32pm On Mar 13, 2015
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by dafuturis(m): 10:36pm On Mar 13, 2015
Except UNIBEN

2 Likes

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Euckybaby(f): 10:38pm On Mar 13, 2015
mine took almost a year... it is well
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by lebete3000: 10:41pm On Mar 13, 2015
JumiaQuickSales:
You got yours in 2 months? That was fast!

Mine took 8 months. My results and scores disappeared. Later, my file was nowhere to be found. Infact, I lost the masters admission. After much of tipping everyone involved, all the missing documents appeared. I just told them to send it to UKEAS for me. Now, I have my transcript with me...

How much you tip dem in all?
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by LastProphet: 10:41pm On Mar 13, 2015
JumiaQuickSales:
You got yours in 2 months? That was fast!

Mine took 8 months. My results and scores disappeared. Later, my file was nowhere to be found. Infact, I lost the masters admission. After much of tipping everyone involved, all the missing documents appeared. I just told them to send it to UKEAS for me. Now, I have my transcript with me...

So u tink 8 months is long? My sister that read computer science from ATBU Bauchi took 1and half year which is normal there

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by lastpage: 10:44pm On Mar 13, 2015
Apologies folks but we Nigerians are funny somehow!

We tend to "isolate" issues without realising that "Action we take/support, has a profound and connected effect in and on our lives".

In summary, it takes long to get this Transcript because most Universities did not COMPUTERIZE their EXAM RECORDS.... for a long time.
Once that is done, such Transcript are only a button away from Printing it or even Emailing a soft copy to your inbox.
Anything done manually will suffer same fate. SIMPLES!

But dont point too much fingers at the Universities/School.
Ask yourself: What is the purpose of having a Computer and its Database, when there is no light/Electricity to power it 24/7?

In countries where the citizens take their future seriously (by voting-in the right people, not based on sentiments or tribe or religion and being objective), each Lecturer records your scores into the central database, ....as he marks your scripts.
I have experienced it in the past, having taught in a foreign school in the West, in the past.

This Database is always on and always available...... a Lecturer can even access it via "secure tunnel", from home, to record scores
Printing Score Cards, generating CGPA's, Transcripts, e.t.c are done via small "automated" scripts.

The reason is that Electricity is CONSTANT and AVAILABLE!

So, in the case of our dear Nigeria, as long as we still POLITICIZE TRUTH, Vote based on Tribe and religion...... then we should not complain because "AS YOU LAY YOUR BED, SO YOU WILL LIE ON IT". undecided undecided

Lastpage!

7 Likes

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by tushburg(m): 10:46pm On Mar 13, 2015
So sad
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by 360command: 10:47pm On Mar 13, 2015
Here in Ghana, we get our transcript in 3 days...2 weeks at most.. If there is a delay, then the server must have caused the delay for them to access your result...

It beats my imagination to read various comments on such delay trying to access your transcript from the university in nigeria...

Africa must wake up abeg...

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by dohyn(m): 10:47pm On Mar 13, 2015
dovelike:
Yeah. Nigerian wastes time. But when I was trying to evaluated my waec, they were helpful,made things go a little bit more smooth with some compensation and strong influence.But this was a weac board. I don't know about institutions and schools
I don't know if you have heard of WES in America. Now this is an agency that wastes time.

WES is presently doing me strong thing...deadline is on the 15th,WES says my evaluation won't be ready till 23rd,this is despite me sending numerous mails to them..It's not their fault sha,na USPS wey no gree deliver transcript that had been posted since 3rd of February.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by lebete3000: 10:47pm On Mar 13, 2015
nollyj:
Getting your university result transcript can be a hell if you graduated from a university where you must follow undue protocols and bribe your way to get your transcript.

I remembered when I applied for a masters program abroad with a friend of mine who studied abroad. I contacted my university in Nigeria the same day as my friend but his transcript was in his mail box three days later. I took the intervention of other lecturers before I could get my transcript in 2 months.

I have met some other graduates who felt so bad that the university their graduated from will still treat them this way.

It will be hard for some people to understand this situation especially if you are from a private university or a university that works well administratively.

I have seen many Nigerians miss different opportunities abroad because of the failure of their home universities in Nigeria to forward their transcript to the required bodies.

Some time ago, I came across an online business service provider that deals on helping people to obtain their transcript from universities in Nigeria. Although I did not finally use their service because I heard many complaints from their customers who have paid without getting their transcripts many months later. Although there are others they where able to secure their transcript.

I will advice that if you need your transcript in Nigeria you should start processing it three months or more before the time you need it.

I will like to hear your experience in obtaining your transcript from your university especially when you are no longer living in the state where your university is located?

Is it better in your university after making the normal payment and sending application for your transcript?

source: http://toscanyacademy.com/blog/

Wanna know if the School for your Masters program actually requested your School of graduation send them your Transcript directly or you sent them yourself?

2 Likes

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 13, 2015
dohyn:

WES is presently doing me strong thing...deadline is on the 15th,WES says my evaluation won't be ready till 23rd,this is despite me sending numerous mails to them..It's not their fault sha,na USPS wey no gree deliver transcript that had been posted since 3rd of February.
March 23rd? Do you call them?
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by wunmi590(m): 10:49pm On Mar 13, 2015
rill:
j

J= JESUS the name above all names

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by CCsurplus007(m): 10:52pm On Mar 13, 2015
Not all schools. In FUTA it takes a week if you have never requested for your transcripts, It could be less though.If you have collected before it takes 3 days.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by meforyou1(m): 10:53pm On Mar 13, 2015
FUT Minna is hell. They can't even give u a copy. And they placed such exorbitant prices to send it abroad. Applied for 3 universities abroad last year, paid 60k as it was 20k for each uni. And took over a month to get delivered to each

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Bitojoe(m): 10:54pm On Mar 13, 2015
I was in ekiti state university this week, and after I've applied for the transcript, all they could tell me is to come back for it in 4 weeks later. And a friend collected his own just within 2 weeks.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 13, 2015
WTF! Here in Beppu, we don't even have to request for our transcripts before it's sent to us. Nigeria though. Smh.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Applaner: 10:59pm On Mar 13, 2015
thank God i reside in pakistan
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by 360command: 11:01pm On Mar 13, 2015
LastProphet:

So u tink 8 months is long? My sister that read computer science from ATBU Bauchi took 1and half year which is normal there
wonderful! Your comment gives me the creeps.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by 360command: 11:03pm On Mar 13, 2015
Applaner:
thank God i reside in pakistan
oh you do? Where in pakistan; islamabad or lahore?
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by ololo12: 11:06pm On Mar 13, 2015
Na him you never die for bomb blast yet...

360command:
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by bloglover(m): 11:07pm On Mar 13, 2015
antontech:
Here at Unizik if u hv money and can sort urself through the workers, it will not take time. Also if u hv processed it before, it should not take more than 3 days.

Please how many times is one allowed to apply for transcript? Is there restriction on it?
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by ololo12: 11:07pm On Mar 13, 2015
Na him you never die for bomb blast yet

360command:
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by smudge2079(m): 11:09pm On Mar 13, 2015
Got mine from Uniben afta a whole year. Wicked people
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Handsomeemmy(m): 11:14pm On Mar 13, 2015
I requested for transcript from IMSU in December and it took almost eleven weeks before it was finally delivered to the school where I applied for my Masters, imagine, their first list is out and my name was not there because of the delay in sending transcript.
I paid 30,000 plus delivery money and I made use of this guys www.etx-ng.com though expensive but I know if I go by myself, the stress and sorting will be too much for me to bear.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by vodacom: 11:15pm On Mar 13, 2015
inibro:
I dont knw about ur sch OP, but Uniben where i went; I was able to get mine, one week after applying. Although i hve to drop an address where it should be sent to.
Delsu is 3 months except u get long leg
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by 360command: 11:15pm On Mar 13, 2015
ololo12:
Na him you never die for bomb blast yet...

lol! When foreign friends tell me ,"they are bombing nigeria" or "nigeria is at war" ,I say to them, "it is the north east of Nigeria been in violence". They do not understand. I will take it that you do not understand. You need to travel so that you know. People like you can never understand.

4 Likes

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by vodacom: 11:18pm On Mar 13, 2015
slyfoxxjoe:
I graduated from a UK University. My transcript got posted to me even before I received my certificate I never even 'requested' it so this is news to me. Why should a transcript be difficult to get?
In Nigeria the reverse is the case for public universities and polythenics

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by dohyn(m): 11:22pm On Mar 13, 2015
dovelike:

March 23rd? Do you call them?

I called them some days back,I was put on hold for 30minutes..yesterday,I called again, was told all agents were busy and I should call back..called 2 hours later,they had closed for the day...lol
I have decided not to give myself Hbp over the matter..it will sort itself out.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by AgreatMan: 11:23pm On Mar 13, 2015
I think the op is generalizing this thing. perhaps, we can separate the schools. unilorin, futa n unilag(a friend says they lag even sends email copies). on d other hand, we hv ATBU, Futminna, Delsu n Imsu.

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by AgreatMan: 11:23pm On Mar 13, 2015
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by vodacom: 11:24pm On Mar 13, 2015
slyfoxxjoe:
I graduated from a UK University. My transcript got posted to me even before I received my certificate I never even 'requested' it so this is news to me. Why should a transcript be difficult to get?
Most public universities in Nigeria purposely delay students to gets theirs unlike other countries

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan's VC At Son's Convocation In US While UI Students Suffer / Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams / Happie Boys Arrested In Cyprus, Remanded In Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.