Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,424 members, 7,781,233 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:04 AM

Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria (61448 Views)

How To Apply For Transcript In University Of Lagos / Opinion: Courses That Are Easy To Obtain A FIRST CLASS Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:30am On Mar 14, 2015
inibro:
I dont knw about ur sch OP, but Uniben where i went; I was able to get mine, one week after applying. Although i hve to drop an address where it should be sent to.
inibro how did u do urs? Is it possible to collect ur transcript and then keep it for later use? Thanks in advance 4 ur comprehensive response.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Ekii(f): 6:44am On Mar 14, 2015
I applied for msc programme in scotland and needed my transcript to be sent to the school. In as much as I kept going to my school and paid the dues,it was still being delayed. The school kept sending me mails to be quick with it as admission will soon be over and I also kept going to the records office in unilag urging them to be quick and was told they already sent it. I also discovered they sent it via Nipost which can take time before it gets to its destination. That was how I missed it and I was really pissed when the said transcript got to the school after the admission had already closed.

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Raymonbell(m): 6:47am On Mar 14, 2015
Am sure u didn't graduate from OAU.

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by inibro(m): 6:55am On Mar 14, 2015
Martins301:

inibro how did u do urs? Is it possible to collect ur transcript and then keep it for later use? Thanks in advance 4 ur comprehensive response.

PM me.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by spenca: 7:02am On Mar 14, 2015
Mine wasn't that stressful , but it took over a week to obtain it after reprinting twice due to errors even with the fact that I had an insider, when it seems they were not ready to make an error free Transcript I just had to do with the one with a slight error but all in all it wasn't a smooth process still

ROOM 203
Senate extension building
OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by LOVEGINO(m): 7:15am On Mar 14, 2015
Tank God 4 National Open University! U have it all in ur portal.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:18am On Mar 14, 2015
just look at the useless thing u guys call contry abi university. iwill just say shame to everyone. pathetic, in this case it is very obvious that it is not GEJ neither is it the govt that is directly responsible for this particular problem. it is ordinary nigerians which have always been the problem.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by frenddy6(m): 7:25am On Mar 14, 2015
Thank you ope for this topic. I love it when someone brings out what is in my head this way. I missed applyin for a scholarship all because i didn't have my graduate transcript. I'll be going to my school soon to apply. Ours usually spans a whole month from time of application to time of collection
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by McGibson(m): 7:34am On Mar 14, 2015
UNN is just a week and its online.

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by DEBUCHMANNY: 7:53am On Mar 14, 2015
my UNN transcript too just 8days to get delivered to the destination I requested, and it takes lees than 30mins to apply online. Though expensive @15 and 30k for local and international delivery respectively. But I now appreciate the cost!

2 Likes

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by stynhaq(m): 7:53am On Mar 14, 2015
University of Uyo, you get your transcript ready within 12hours.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by egorov(m): 7:56am On Mar 14, 2015
nollyj:
Getting your university result transcript can be a hell if you graduated from a university where you must follow undue protocols and bribe your way to get your transcript.

I remembered when I applied for a masters program abroad with a friend of mine who studied abroad. I contacted my university in Nigeria the same day as my friend but his transcript was in his mail box three days later. I took the intervention of other lecturers before I could get my transcript in 2 months.

I have met some other graduates who felt so bad that the university their graduated from will still treat them this way.

It will be hard for some people to understand this situation especially if you are from a private university or a university that works well administratively.

I have seen many Nigerians miss different opportunities abroad because of the failure of their home universities in Nigeria to forward their transcript to the required bodies.

Some time ago, I came across an online business service provider that deals on helping people to obtain their transcript from universities in Nigeria. Although I did not finally use their service because I heard many complaints from their customers who have paid without getting their transcripts many months later. Although there are others they where able to secure their transcript.

I will advice that if you need your transcript in Nigeria you should start processing it three months or more before the time you need it.

I will like to hear your experience in obtaining your transcript from your university especially when you are no longer living in the state where your university is located?

Is it better in your university after making the normal payment and sending application for your transcript?

source: http://toscanyacademy.com/blog/
Unilag transcript takes less than a week, I've collected twice. U pay anywhere u reside @d designated bank, u scan ur teller and ur form, send to their mail address and under one week u have ur transcript

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Chars1289: 7:59am On Mar 14, 2015
A school like Lautech, workers are so lazy. I wonder where they descend from atimes.I applied since oct 2014, till date transcript not ready still.So pathetic!!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Oseni007(m): 7:59am On Mar 14, 2015
Seconded,Unilag transcript is easy to collect,i v collected mine twice too.
egorov:
Unilag transcript takes less than a week, I've collected twice. U pay anywhere u reside @d designated bank, u scan ur teller and ur form, send to their mail address and under one week u have ur transcript
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Goldenboy007(m): 8:17am On Mar 14, 2015
Fantastic topic !!!! The worst hit people are those of us that live outside the country. There is this image already that most of our claims are false or that our documents are forged so when you apply to schools or a job and they want to confirm your degrees, it becomes a jamb question ! I know what I went through before being admitted for an MBA here even though I am resident, my crime ? because the useless university I graduated from (in Lagos) have not heard of the term a - online presence or internet anf emails. The only thing that saved me was the conversion copy of my transcript by WES. Now things have changed, employers and schools in US are not accepting converted transcripts again, even their professional bodies like CPA. The worst part is the employers certificate verification - they know us Nigerians - our cerficates are mostly never verified ! I know the embarrassment I went through before I was employed, I can't wait to finish my MBA and get rid of the useless Nigerian B.Sc that keeps haunting me ! For every transcript that I managed to collect I paid through my nose, as for paper certificate itself? I have dashed the school ! Funny enough it is not GEJ's fault, it is we Nigerians ! It is who and what we are ! I rest my case !

2 Likes

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by otr1(m): 8:19am On Mar 14, 2015
Getting it in Unilorin won't take more than a week.

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by tr3y(m): 8:20am On Mar 14, 2015
At unilorin your transcript is ready as soon as you graduate.
You don't even have to process anything. Just go and collect.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by jayM: 8:20am On Mar 14, 2015
greatestman:

Is not that difficult but you need wisdom, first of all immadiately after getting your statement of result. Just go to anybody you know that has his or company, or NGO or any government office that the person has influence. They should write letter to your school that, they need your transcript for purpose of employment and they should give them specific date they want it. Like in my school you will be required to pay the sum of #10,000 for transcript. A day before the deadline you should go and remind them. If your transcript reach to the organization you can collect it from that your friend, uncle etc scan it and photocopy it much. You are free from transcript wahala.
Sorry no time to edit
Note with this method you will get your transcript before going to service.
Please, hope it is not illegal to have a hard copy of the transcript and send it to schools on my own because some schools in abroad will ask you to upload the scanned copy in your reg.portal.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Abdulleeh: 8:58am On Mar 14, 2015
It took me just 2 weeks to get mine from Unilorin. I don't know if 2 weeks is a long time.

The better by far university
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 14, 2015
Chars1289:
A school like Lautech, workers are so lazy. I wonder where they descend from atimes.I applied since oct 2014, till date transcript not ready still.So pathetic!!!

I have been looking for comment on lautech and I got one. We did our first semester exams in oct n finished in Nov. Now results just came our, 4 months after exams
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by hrykanu231(m): 9:28am On Mar 14, 2015
I lost my admission at UNN in 2011, due to the inability of my former school to send my transcript despite paying every dime required and evening going the "extra mile"...2012. I learnt my lesson from the previous year, so I pursed/processed it with a whole lota cash. Finally got it, but with another person's grades and department. Threatened to sue the school, but was advised against it by some lecturers, finally got the transcript in less than 24hrs to the deadline my new school gave. How they did that, despite the distance and perceived bottlenecks expected I don't know till date.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 14, 2015
nollyj:
Getting your university result transcript can be a hell if you graduated from a university where you must follow undue protocols and bribe your way to get your transcript.

I remembered when I applied for a masters program abroad with a friend of mine who studied abroad. I contacted my university in Nigeria the same day as my friend but his transcript was in his mail box three days later. I took the intervention of other lecturers before I could get my transcript in 2 months.

I have met some other graduates who felt so bad that the university their graduated from will still treat them this way.

It will be hard for some people to understand this situation especially if you are from a private university or a university that works well administratively.

I have seen many Nigerians miss different opportunities abroad because of the failure of their home universities in Nigeria to forward their transcript to the required bodies.

Some time ago, I came across an online business service provider that deals on helping people to obtain their transcript from universities in Nigeria. Although I did not finally use their service because I heard many complaints from their customers who have paid without getting their transcripts many months later. Although there are others they where able to secure their transcript.

I will advice that if you need your transcript in Nigeria you should start processing it three months or more before the time you need it.

I will like to hear your experience in obtaining your transcript from your university especially when you are no longer living in the state where your university is located?

Is it better in your university after making the normal payment and sending application for your transcript?

source: http://toscanyacademy.com/blog/
I would like...
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 14, 2015
jayM:

Please, hope it is not illegal to have a hard copy of the transcript and send it to schools on my own because some schools in abroad will ask you to upload the scanned copy in your reg.portal.
in abroad?
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Chars1289: 9:51am On Mar 14, 2015
Soyedele1:

I have been looking for comment on lautech and I got one. We did our first semester exams in oct n finished in Nov. Now results just came our, 4 months after exams

dts lautech for u...can't advise my grandma to seek for admission in that sch..choii
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Chars1289: 9:56am On Mar 14, 2015
tr3y:
At unilorin your transcript is ready as soon as you graduate.
You don't even have to process anything. Just go and collect.
Choii..envy in my eyes while reading this comment.
Did my final year project in unilorin back den...I love the sch setting a lot..lecturers means business including sch authority and moreso the non-teaching staff were so kind to us.
When I hear better than far, had the illusion before that na form den day form bt afta my little stay dere, I cannot bt agree wit dem...

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by LastProphet: 10:01am On Mar 14, 2015
wayodude:

Your sister is a great balewite...what year?

'04
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by lakusi(m): 10:01am On Mar 14, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Datz not true, as for unilorin, if ya nid ya transcript anytime ya will get it. #betterbyfar

Na lie ooo ... mine (official copy) took 1 month and they promised me 2 weeks cos I had earlier obtained a student's copy but it was false. I had to start calling everyday den later I was told to settle some peeps so my bro pls forget better by far ooo. Better by far no dey transcript matter o. grin cheesy + I doubt if U have applied for transcript in Unilorin before undecided angry sad

1 Like

Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:02am On Mar 14, 2015
lakusi:

Na lie ooo ... mine took 1 month and they promised me 2 weeks cos I had earlier obtained a student's copy but it was false. I had to start calling everyday den later I was told to settle some peeps so my bro pls forget better by far ooo. Better by far no dey transcript matter o. grin cheesy + I doubt if U have applied for transcript in Unilorin before undecided angry sad
ogbenni I did last year august, so I knw wad am saying.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by lakusi(m): 10:06am On Mar 14, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
ogbenni I did last year august, so I knw wad am saying.

Lool and how long did it take I mean official copy sir because my padi dey school now sef because of transcript cos he needs it to be sent b4 March 26th.

*Student's copy was ready before convo tho* undecided
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 14, 2015
lakusi:

Lool and how long did it take I mean official copy sir because my padi dey school now sef because of transcript cos he needs it to be sent b4 March 26th.

*Student's copy was ready before convo tho* undecided
official copy was sent september ending for wad I wanted to use it for.
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by lakusi(m): 10:15am On Mar 14, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
official copy was sent september ending for wad I wanted to use it for.

So dts lyk 4wks den Well lemme still say better by far bt I have my reservations tho or mayb because the person in charge of Engrg was on leave embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria by Sylverbox(m): 10:37am On Mar 14, 2015
babyosisi:

I missed a golden opportunity for an MPH with zero tuition because my transcript never arrived
That's so sad, I can relate with you. Right now my family is trying to raise fund for me too make a deposit and secure my spot for this sept. Pending when another scholarship offer opens up.
My friend in bowen got hers in just 2days and she paid the same 5k official fee. It really hurt me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lecturer Beats UNIZIK Student For Not Wearing Ankara (Pix, Video) / Meet Oluwatunmise Idowu, 14-year-old With An 'Electric Brain' / Female Secondary School Student Ruthlessly Beating Her Male Schoolmate ( Video )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.