Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,762 members, 7,798,553 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Health-wise Advice Are Welcomed. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health-wise Advice Are Welcomed. (690 Views)

Six Important Things Water Does To The Body(health Wise) / Health Wise / Are Bottled Up Water Better Than Tap Water Health Wise? A Must Read! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Health-wise Advice Are Welcomed. by CollinsSam(m): 10:42pm On Mar 13, 2015
Pls, i have a wound that i'm nursing currently... I av been nursing it since may last year... It's started with just a little bruise beside the ankle of my left leg... I
have used couples of antiboitics but they seem not to cure it... Someone advised that i go for bloodsugar test which i did... I was
told that the sugar is high and can be controlled by eating friuts like cucumber, garden egg, little rice, more bean, wheat, vegetables, little or no meat which i observed... The face of the wound dried up during harmattan, but now it's back and really paining me... I used to clean it with uzul lotion and drip water (forgotten the name) then i'd apply grinded flagn tablet (bfor i do apply injection power, but saw no changes).
I need your help(advice) on what to do because i heard such wound shouldnt be till a year in one's body.
I'd appreciate your comment (advice).

Mr Centje
Thanks.
Re: Health-wise Advice Are Welcomed. by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 17, 2015
From your write up, it seems you're diabetic and it's poorly controlled that's why you're having the chronic ulcer. What you're having is most likely what is called Diabetic foot.

You need to go to a hospital so that you will be properly evaluated for other possible causes of non-healing ulcer like anaemia, infection, dead tissues in the ulcer, varicose vein etc. If it's just due to diabetes, then controling the blood sugar level and proper wound care including debriding the wound, use of Antiboitics and use honey, will help the ulcer to heal, unless there's serious vascular insufficiency.

Your blood sugar level cannot be controlled by those methods you're using. And if you keep delaying proper medical care, the ulcer can complicate further leading to amputation of your toes or whole leg.
Re: Health-wise Advice Are Welcomed. by CollinsSam(m): 12:01am On Mar 19, 2015
centje:
From your write up, it seems you're diabetic and it's poorly controlled that's why you're having the chronic ulcer. What you're having is most likely what is called Diabetic foot.

You need to go to a hospital so that you will be properly evaluated for other possible cause of non-healing ulcer like anaemia, infection, dead tissues in the ulcer, varicose vein etc. If it's just due to diabetes then control the blood sugar level and proper wound care including debriding the wound, use of Antiboitics and use honey, will help the ulcer to heal, unless there's serious vascular insufficiency.

Your blood sugar level cannot be controlled by those methods you're using. And if you keep delaying proper medical care, the ulcer can complicate further leading to amputation of your toes or whole leg.
Thanks very much... God bless you.
Re: Health-wise Advice Are Welcomed. by Nobody: 9:21pm On Mar 19, 2015
CollinsSam:

Thanks very much... God bless you.
you're welcome.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mum Discovers She Has Cancer After Recognising Symptoms On Facebook / Symptoms Of Vaginal Infections / Read The History Of Tea.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.