Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,898 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Different Breeds Of DOG (details) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Different Breeds Of DOG (details) (1343 Views)

I Have The Following Breeds Of Dog For Sale / I Have The Following Breeds Of Dog For Sale / Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! (2) (3) (4)

Different Breeds Of DOG (details) by freecharles(m): 12:43pm On Mar 14, 2015
It's been a long time since I posted here on Nairaland ooo....missing a lot. I just thought I would make a comeback and start having fun with the various kind of people here again (idea for a thread sha cheesy)

I have a list of Dog breeds that can be bred here in Naija. I'm gonna start this list with the EXOTIC DOGS though. Please o, I no dey sell dog o (my mother don't like them though), I just love their companion.

You can add pictures and name of your own dog too just to enlighten dog lovers and HATERS.

Have fun!!!

EXOTIC DOGS: They no dey chop shit.

GERMAN SHEPHERD
OTHER NAMES:Alsatian, Berger Allemand , Deutscher Schäferhund ,GSD , Schäferhund
ORIGIN: Germany
BREED GROUP: herding dogs breed (AKC)
LIFE SPAN: 7 to 10 Yrs
COLORS: Most commonly tan with black saddle

Give the impression of a good German Shepherd is a strong, agile, well muscled, alert and energetic. Very smooth, very harmonious front and rear hindquarters.

AMERICAN SHEPHERD
OTHER NAMES: White German Shepherd Dog
Berger Blanc Suisse
American White Shepherd
WS, WGSD
ORIGIN: United States
BREED GROUP: None Standard
LIFE SPAN: 12 - 14 yrs
TEMPERAMENT:Aloof, Alert, Companionable, Fearless, Eager, Self-Confident
HEIGHT: Male: 24–26 inches (60–65 cm)
Female: 22–24 inches (55–60 cm)
WEIGHT: Male: 35–40 kg
Female: 35–40 kg
COLOR: White

SCHIPPERKE
OTHER NAMES: Spitzke (until 1888), Spits(until 1888), Spitske(until 1888)
ORIGIN: Belgium
DOG BREED: Non-sporting Dog Breeds (AKC)
Companion Breeds (UKC)
LIFE SPAN: 13 - 15 Yrs
TEMPERAMENT: Confident, Fearless, Faithful, Agile, Independent, Curious
COLOR: Chocolate, Blue, Cream, Apricot, Black & Tan, Black

It has a large robust body but its members are well into the bone.

BULLDOG
OTHER NAMES: English bulldog
ORIGIN: England
LIFE SPAN: 8 - 12yrs
BREED GROUP: Non-Sporting dog breeds (AKC)
TEMPERAMENT: Friendly, Docile, Willful, Gregarious
COLORS: Fawn, Red, Red & White, Fawn & White, Gray Brindle, Brindle & White

The perfect Bulldog must be of medium size and smooth coat; with heavy, thick-set, low-swung body, massive short-faced head, wide shoulders and sturdy limbs.

See The Scorpion Killed In My Hostel This Night! / Can You Take This Animal As A Pet? (Graphic pix) / Pure Breed Lhasa Puppies For New Homes