Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,648 members, 7,801,890 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

FG Weeds Out HND Graduates In Ongoing NIS Recruitment. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / FG Weeds Out HND Graduates In Ongoing NIS Recruitment. (1901 Views)

HND Holder Vs Third Class Degree Bsc Holder: Which Is Better? - EDUREGARD / Pls How Much Are Graduates Paid At NSCDC ( Civil Defense) / Help!!! Newly Recruited NIS Conpass 08 Need Your Prayer Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Weeds Out HND Graduates In Ongoing NIS Recruitment. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 14, 2015
Following the botched Nigerian Immigration Service
(NIS) recruitment held last year at various stadia
across the country, which led to the untimely death
of over 14 job seekers, the federal government has
systematically weeded out HND graduates in the
ongoing recruitment exercise.
The ongoing recruitment, which started about a week ago, has three categories of vacancies:
Superintendent Cadre - Assistant Superintendent of
Immigration II (ASI II) – CONPASS 08, which is strictly for B.Sc holders; Inspectorate Cadre - Assistant Inspector of Immigration (AII) – CONPASS 06, for holders of ND and NCE; Immigration Assistant Cadre- Immigration Assistant III (IA3) – CONPASS 03 for ‘O’ and ‘A’ level holders.
This shows that the HND graduates are being forced
under the present arrangement to use ND certificates as they are short of options and considering the high level of unemployment in the country.
Speaking with THISDAY at one of the cybercafes in
Abuja where the registration is being done, an
applicant, Mr. Usman Sikiru, a graduate of Adamawa Polytechnic, Mubi, said: “For two years now, I have been looking for a job without any success, I’m left with no choice than to use my ND result so that I will be able to apply for the job.”
He lamented that the dichotomy between the HND
and B.sc holders must stop.
Also, another applicant, Mr. Solomon Afijara, said:
“Last year I applied for this same job before it was
cancelled due to the death of some applicants and
the woeful arrangement. We all paid the same
amount with the B.Sc holders, but now government is trying to relegate us to the bench, is it a crime to be a polytechnic graduate?”
On his part, Mr. Ogunsanya Timothy who is also an
applicant, stated that if the government cannot put a stop to the discrimination against HND holders,
polytechnics in the country should be scraped.
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-weeds-out-hnd-graduates-in-ongoing-nis-recruitment/203855/
Re: FG Weeds Out HND Graduates In Ongoing NIS Recruitment. by GboyegaD(m): 5:25pm On Mar 14, 2015
Truth is some FG parastatals do not follow the no discrimination rule of the FGN.I hope those affected take this up with the parastatals. More so, they should scrap the polytechnics so that people don't waste valuable time and money if at the end of day their certificates are not recognized.
Re: FG Weeds Out HND Graduates In Ongoing NIS Recruitment. by kestolove95(m): 5:30pm On Mar 14, 2015
I prefer nce to hnd....dat tin na waste...
Thank u mama for givn me degree
Re: FG Weeds Out HND Graduates In Ongoing NIS Recruitment. by Ibrochaka(m): 5:31pm On Mar 14, 2015
Re: FG Weeds Out HND Graduates In Ongoing NIS Recruitment. by ifekemmie(f): 5:43pm On Mar 14, 2015
Hmm, so y running HND in tertiary institution. wen fg is doing dis wat do u expect from private sectors

#teamhndnovoteforgej#
Re: FG Weeds Out HND Graduates In Ongoing NIS Recruitment. by suzelle: 5:45pm On Mar 14, 2015
The Elite PushCV employee quest is ending soon. Register now at http:///191c7ce5 to be among the over 5000 that will be placed in multinational corporations in Nigeria and abroad.
Re: FG Weeds Out HND Graduates In Ongoing NIS Recruitment. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 14, 2015
ifekemmie:

#teamhndnovoteforgej#
Lol.... Now now now.... Team of HND shouldn't vote for GEJ.... Haba! It could be a better stand for them afterall.... The FG is making provision to employ more o'level and A'level applicant than the B'sc holders!..... It could be of favour to them!
Re: FG Weeds Out HND Graduates In Ongoing NIS Recruitment. by ifekemmie(f): 5:59pm On Mar 14, 2015
Lol.... Now now now.... Team of HND shouldn't vote for GEJ.... Haba! It could be a better stand for them afterall.... The FG is making provision to employ more o'level and A'level applicant than the B'sc holders!..... It could be of favour to them!

I hate hearing companies weeding out HND holder, y did dey go to sch den, so dey re telling me it is waste of time applying for HND.

Am waiting impatiently
Re: FG Weeds Out HND Graduates In Ongoing NIS Recruitment. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Mar 14, 2015
ifekemmie:

I hate hearing companies weeding out HND holder, y did dey go to sch den, so dey re telling me it is waste of time applying for HND.

Am waiting impatiently
Most blames should be channelled to minister of education and UBEc and other boodies that are involve in these academic avocation! Should blames be thrown to the president for every little trouble people encounter in their daily living?
Re: FG Weeds Out HND Graduates In Ongoing NIS Recruitment. by sammieguze(m): 8:00pm On Mar 14, 2015
Hmmm....

Exactly my problem with hnd. God go win sha

(1) (Reply)

Year 2016: From Nothing To Something / NYSC Batch B Stream One Passing Out September 5 / Ministry Of Defence: Pay Us Our Salaries, Its 15 Months Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.