Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,013 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday (17810 Views)

Happy Mothers Day, Come Share Your Mums Pic Celebrating Her / MOTHERS’ DAY: A Poem Dedicated To All Mothers / HAPPY MOTHERING SUNDAY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by Nobody: 12:41am On Mar 15, 2015
MOTHERS’ DAY
By Jeremiah Onoriode Atomre

Waking up that morning was just like every other day
Ooh! Ooh! Were the responses of my other siblings
Time for morning devotion
As she led the way

After some extra rest
Decided to take my bathe
Wao! Today really is mother’s day
Sorry, women’s day
But whose day is this really?
As I begin to ponder over
Who really owns the day?
Is it for all women or only for mothers?

Even as we headed for the day’s service
Parents were seen with their children
Leading them were the mothers
But which woman would never wanted to be a mother
Grieve in my heart
As I pondered on this issue
Oh God! Make them all mothers

The faith of the barren widows sounded
Oh! Can she for once be a mother?
Oh! Others who after many years of marriage
Can they be mothers too?

All mothers, oh! All women
Seen very happy and excited
As their God’s children present them gifts
Will she accept one of these as her?
No! Yes! No! Yes! No! No! Yes! Yes!

Even as she returns home
None of the God sons or daughters
Alone she went to a lonely home
Alone she went to the hands of him
“God’s time is the best”
As he consoles her

But what society can do without them?
I don’t think there’s any

Children, pupils, students and even husbands
Depends on these women for most things
Could it be for all things?
Only time and times can tell
She even borrowed when the going gets tough
Always there for the children upkeep
Even in the midst of none
Always sought for a way out

School fees, good clothes, good foods, better houses
Were her plight
When one is sick, hungry, accused or even arrested
She is always there

Wonder what life would have been without them
Oh God! Bless our mothers
Oh! Our women
Oh God! Bless all women
Oh God! Bless us all.

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by Nobody: 12:44am On Mar 15, 2015
Hmmmmmm...so touching. God bless all mothers. Wishing all mothers happy celebration. This deserve FP mod. Please do the needful to celebrate the day.

....buy 1GB MTN Data plan for N1,200 only. 30 days duration. Works in all devices (Andriod/iPhone, Phone or Modem). Also Convert Airtime to Cash (20% Processing Fee). Call: 08107873795. Thanks & God bless.

2 Likes

Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by iphanyiuma(m): 1:21am On Mar 15, 2015
kiss

HMD kiss

1 Like

Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by Nobody: 4:00am On Mar 15, 2015
Happy mothering sunday to all the loving mothers and wives in the house!!!

May all the NL women praying for the fruit of the womb experience the joy of motherhood this 2015 in Jesus name, Amen.

7 Likes

Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 15, 2015
wisemany2k:
Happy mothering sunday to all the loving mothers and wives in the house!!!

May all the NL women praying for the fruit of the womb experience the joy of motherhood this 2015 in Jesus name, Amen.
Amen!
Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by Bigsolo88: 8:57am On Mar 15, 2015
K
Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by NetBizguy: 8:57am On Mar 15, 2015
HMD Mama
Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by trayvon360: 8:57am On Mar 15, 2015
Brb
Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by elantraceey(f): 8:58am On Mar 15, 2015
Happy mothers day sweet mama kiss

I love you but God loves you more smiley

You're going to live to keep on enjoying the fruits of your labor .

Nice poem.

3 Likes

Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by kindnyce(m): 8:59am On Mar 15, 2015
Dear,mother,
There no words dat can xplain how are feel about you.

YOU ARE SIMPLY ONE IN A MILLION!

MAY ALLAH FORGIVE ALL UR MISTAKES.

RIP MAMA.

1 Like

Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by Nobody: 9:00am On Mar 15, 2015
Fathers days grin
Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by Bigsolo88: 9:00am On Mar 15, 2015
Our virgins were kidnap by bokoharam.. Mean while My mum shall vote 4 change...
Sai Buhari
Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by kay1one2(m): 9:01am On Mar 15, 2015
How come no happy mothers friday (islam undecided )?

Happy mothers sunday to my ma!
Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by Wuuworld(m): 9:01am On Mar 15, 2015
God Bless and perfect the works of your hands Mum.......if the word reincarnate is a actually real,u gonna be my mum over and over again....I love u to the Bone...#Happy mothering sunday.
Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by natasha: 9:01am On Mar 15, 2015
My 8 year old made me breakfast in bed. Such a gentleman. Makes me feel proud as a mum.
I pray everyone trusting God for marriage/children will receive their miracle within the next 12 months.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by Ridwan440(m): 9:02am On Mar 15, 2015
nice 1
embarassednice 1
Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 15, 2015
Awww so nice.

Happy mother's day mum! You rock my world. You run the world cheesy Cause you are a strong woman

Nwanyi m ji eje mba!

onye isi ndi nne Mama! cheesy

Ezigbo nwanyi oma kiss i love you kiss

AND TO ALL MOTHER'S AROUND THE WORLD cool without them this world won't be complete smiley

Show some love to your momma! people!

1 Like

Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by Nobody: 9:03am On Mar 15, 2015
Happy Mothering Sunday to my grandmum for allowing my mum come thru her.

Happy Mothering Sunday to my mum for always encouraging me wt her doggedness, I, ur last child must make u proud.

Happy Mothering Sunday to my Sisters, may God sustain ur homes.

Happy Mothering Sunday to my sis-inlaw

Happy Mothering Sunday to every barren woman that didn't toy wt her womb thru abortion b4 marriage, rejoice for ye shall soon b called MOTHERS,

Happy Mothering Sunday to every single mom for not aborting or abandoning that child.

Happy Mothering Sunday to every widow, may God comfort y'all.

Let †нε celebrations begin!!!
Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by holatin(m): 9:04am On Mar 15, 2015
kk read
Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 15, 2015
Hit like if you love your mom...
I so much love mine.

2 Likes

Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by jbsam: 9:07am On Mar 15, 2015
Our mothers will forever remain blessed.
Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by Arysexy(m): 9:07am On Mar 15, 2015
Guess Catholic church is not doing theirs during lent.

Wish the celebrating mothers Happy day.
Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by Nobody: 9:08am On Mar 15, 2015
HMS
Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by MagicEmpire: 9:18am On Mar 15, 2015
Why having different Mothers day, Catholics, Anglican and others celebrate there's on different days so which one is Original abeg?

I think it's best if all these different dates are unified and consolidated.

Love you NNE
Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by Acme77: 9:23am On Mar 15, 2015
happy mothers' day
Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:23am On Mar 15, 2015
londongal02:
HMS
Lovely dp
Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by mmsen: 9:29am On Mar 15, 2015
What about the bad mothers?

The many that have abused, neglected or abandoned their children.

Let's not act as though they do not exist.
Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by funnysaint(m): 9:30am On Mar 15, 2015
God bless my mum and all mothers.
May you all live long to enjoy the fruits of your labour. Amen
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

1 Like

Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by Divineluv14(f): 9:30am On Mar 15, 2015
Happy Mother's Day Mum

LOVE YOU SO MUCH kiss

1 Like

Re: A Poem Mothers’ Day Dedicated To All Mothers: Happy Mothering Sunday by steppin: 9:34am On Mar 15, 2015
Happy Mothers day!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are The Reasons One Should Get Married? / The Society And The Male Child / Sisi Quadri Biography: Wife, Age, Net Worth, Cause Of Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.