Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Water Elements And 'Water Children' - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Water Elements And 'Water Children' (100808 Views)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens (oct. 13th 2015) -ELEMENTS PROVIDE SUPPORT / 40 Days Word And Water Therapy Challenge / Who Created Darkness And Water? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Note: They don't exist!
just the way some years back there was nothing like the God particle.

Note : What you don't know is bigger than you
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by skylane: 10:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

The world has heard about the Loch Ness Monster. Billions of people know about the LEGEND - only a few hundred believe it - WHY? It does not exist!

Legends of Mermaids have been around for hundreds/thousands of years but NEVER proven. WHY They don't exist! grin
I wish I can take you somewhere and I bet u u will be suprised
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Idowuogbo(f): 10:50pm On Mar 15, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Note: They don't exist!
Ogbeni, stop forcing your opinions on others na.Jeez! we heard you the first time gademmit! move it abeg! jog the hell on.

2 Likes

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by KoloOyinbo(m): 10:50pm On Mar 15, 2015
skylane:
I wish I can take you somewhere and I bet u u will be suprised

I have travelled all over the world and seen all kinds of stupid superstitions. I am only ever surprised by how silly people are and how stubborn they can be rather than admit the rest of the world knows better than some fools back in their villages filling their heads with nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by KoloOyinbo(m): 10:52pm On Mar 15, 2015
proevan:
just the way some years back there was nothing like the God particle.

Note : What you don't know is bigger than you

Science reveals sub atomic particles AFTER proof!

Legends exist but without proof!
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by arimahoseloka(m): 10:53pm On Mar 15, 2015
Ishilove:
I just had a most interesting conversation with a friend. Let's call him 'Dada'. Dada is a bible believing Christian and he mentioned that he doesn't believe that Satan and Lucifer are one and the same spirit, but that is a topic for another day.

What prompted me to bring up this topic was Dada's opinion on a subject that has puzzled me for years because it is close to me heart and I will love to get the views of nairalanders. It is 'The Water Element'.

What is the Water Element? According to Dada, there are some people who are 'from the water', and that itself is not a bad thing. I have a very close pal who belongs to this class of people. She is the first born of her family. According to her, before she (my friend) was born, her mother had a dream, and in this dream, she was in front of a river. Someone dipped their hands inside the river and brought out a baby girl and gave it to her mother.

That same month, her mother conceived and gave birth to my friend 9mths later. Now my friend, who is in her 30s has had dreams where she sees herself in the water with a crown on her head. She has gone for deliverance session several times but these water thingy goes on casual leave, only to return after some months. She didn't ask to ''come from the water'', but finds herself in that situation.

In another illustration, I have sat down and interviewed a woman who claims she was born with a cowrie and a piece of thread in her hand. This lady is from the riverine area, and she has communes with water spirits as a result of the circumstances of her birth.

The Yoruba call this set of people 'awon omo omi', the water children.

Now, Dada says it isn't so bad being someone with the water element, but such a person should not let the influence of the water element become excessive because if it does, such a person will start 'misbehaving'.

These things are very real, and It's all rather confusing and I will like experienced nairalanders to shed more light on this phenomenon.
Op, there are spirits everywhere, those operating on land, those operating in the heavenlies, territorial spirits and we have water spirits or marine spirits. Nigerians call them mammy water.

these are spirits that rule the vast oceans and rivers of the world they have keen interest in beauty, jewelry, fashion and others, they have a reputation 4 giving barren women kids.

so if a mortal woman approaches them 4 a child, they give on the condition that the child will serve them. any body that finds himself or herself in such condition needs prayers and deliverance.

ultimately this wicked marine spirits will want to kill the child at adolescence so the child can be totally devoted to them in the spiritual realm. they don't allow their host to marry or have a decent relationship.
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by KoloOyinbo(m): 10:54pm On Mar 15, 2015
Idowuogbo:

Ogbeni, stop forcing your opinions on others na.Jeez! we heard you the first time gademmit! move it abeg! jog the hell on.

Fact not opinion. I love Nigeria and try and get business to invest and come. I tell them about wonderful opportunities and an educated workforce. THEN they see rubbish like this! How could anyone so silly expect to be employed in any responsible position?

1 Like

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by KoloOyinbo(m): 10:54pm On Mar 15, 2015
arimahoseloka:
Op, there are spirits everywhere, those operating on land, those operating in the heavenlies, territorial spirits and we have water spirits or marine spirits. Nigerians call them mammy water.

these are spirits that rule the vast oceans and rivers of the world they have keen interest in beauty, jewelry, fashion and others, they have a reputation 4 giving barren women kids.

so if a mortal woman approaches them 4 a child, they give on the condition that the child will serve them. any body that finds himself or herself in such condition needs prayers and deliverance.

ultimately this wicked marine spirits will want to kill the child at adolescence so the child can be totally devoted to them in the spiritual realm. they don't allow their host to marry or have a decent relationship.

But they only live in Nigerian Waters?
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 15, 2015
Ezekiel.28: 12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord God; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. 13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

If one happens to see what is described above what will it be called.

God created so many different things and we know that there are about or even more than 1million undiscovered creatures under the seas.
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by skylane: 10:56pm On Mar 15, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

I have travelled all over the world and seen all kinds of stupid superstitions. I am only ever surprised by how silly people are and how stubborn they can be rather than admit the rest of the world knows better than some fools back in their villages filling their heads with nonsense!
well that cool you travelled but it doesn't mean youv seen it all

1 Like

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by KoloOyinbo(m): 10:58pm On Mar 15, 2015
skylane:
well that cool you travelled but it doesn't mean youv seen it all

Well I couldn't see things that don't exist now could I?
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by arimahoseloka(m): 10:59pm On Mar 15, 2015
deadie:
Now my friend, who is in her 30s has had dreams where she sees herself in the water with a crown on her head.
No be only crown. Rubbish.
smh
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by KoloOyinbo(m): 10:59pm On Mar 15, 2015
proevan:
Ezekiel.28: 12 Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord God; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. 13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

If one happens to see what is described above what will it be called.

God created so many different things and we know that there are about or even more than 1million undiscovered creatures under the seas.

And when they are discovered the world KNOWS about them! But these silly superstitions have NEVER been discovered as they don't exist! Simple!
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 15, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Science reveals sub atomic particles AFTER proof!

Legends exist but without proof!

Hope you don't expect me to choose science that only proved the earth round some 300yrs ago over one that had discovered it 4000yrs now

2 Likes

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by arimahoseloka(m): 11:04pm On Mar 15, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

But they only live in Nigerian Waters?
no o, not just Nigerian waters o
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Nobody: 11:08pm On Mar 15, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

And when they are discovered the world KNOWS about them! But these silly superstitions have NEVER been discovered as they don't exist! Simple!

Ermm, don't forget that you came as aresult of one of these silly superstition.

Genesis.1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by bond77(m): 11:09pm On Mar 15, 2015
Just observing and reading comments, and I can see some have taken there level of inquisitiveness to a greater height based on this issue

*whistle *.....
The more you see the less you know, and mind you, if I should dish out some secret and sacred things on the marine world, none of you would sleep this night... I promise you

1 Like

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Nobody: 11:10pm On Mar 15, 2015
proevan:

Genesis.1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Well I take it you don't exist. I am probably chatting with myself grin
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by KoloOyinbo(m): 11:16pm On Mar 15, 2015
proevan:

Now we confuse Religion and superstition! FAITH in God does not equate to belief in magic etc.

Remember that Christians in Africa are still sadly very influence by all this rubbish.

MOST Christians the world over would not believe in this rubbish and a few even consider it sinful to do so!

1 Like

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by KoloOyinbo(m): 11:18pm On Mar 15, 2015
proevan:

Hope you don't expect me to choose science that only proved the earth round some 300yrs ago over one that had discovered it 4000yrs now

Sorry, Eratosthenes in Ancient Greece not only proved it round but measured it with quite a good degree of accuracy! And this was over 2000 years ago.
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 15, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Now we confuse Religion and superstition! FAITH in God does not equate to belief in magic etc.

Remember that Christians in Africa are still sadly very influence by all this rubbish.

MOST Christians the world over would not believe in this rubbish and a few even consider it sinful to do so!

You cant speak for the christians, because I believe you are not one. I quoted bible verses ; How did their christianity come about if not the word of God.

You are becoming inconsistent undecided

1 Like

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Nobody: 11:22pm On Mar 15, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Sorry, Eratosthenes in Ancient Greece not only proved it round but measured it with quite a good degree of accuracy! And this was over 2000 years ago.

But your scientist didn't give the credit to him, why didn't they stop there
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by KoloOyinbo(m): 11:27pm On Mar 15, 2015
proevan:

But your scientist didn't give the credit to him, why didn't they stop there

Of course it gave him credit! Why do you think it is taught all over the world? Whatever gave you the idea it did not? Your schools need to do better!
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by KoloOyinbo(m): 11:30pm On Mar 15, 2015
proevan:

You cant speak for the christians, because I believe you are not one. I quoted bible verses ; How did their christianity come about if not the word of God.

You are becoming inconsistent undecided

Sigh. Christians know that Bible verses are often open to different interpretations. That is why we have so many different denominations. Or is it only the members of one Church that are Christian and all others false (I know this idea is prevalent in Africa where the scourge of FUNDAMENTALISM is strong).

We believe the Word and Message of God not the silly superstitions of a tiny uneducated minority in one part of the world!
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 15, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Of course it gave him credit! Why do you think it is taught all over the world? Whatever gave you the idea it did not? Your schools need to do better!

The focus of our schools aren't that of yours ; you should be given me dates that beats 4000yrs back
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 15, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Sigh. Christians know that Bible verses are often open to different interpretations. That is why we have so many different denominations. Or is it only the members of one Church that are Christian and all others false (I know this idea is prevalent in Africa where the scourge of FUNDAMENTALISM is strong).

We believe the Word and Message of God not the silly superstitions of a tiny uneducated minority in one part of the world!

You just abused one of the laws of human rights

#All humans are equal.
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by KoloOyinbo(m): 11:35pm On Mar 15, 2015
proevan:

#All humans are equal.

I never contradicted that all are equal. What has that to do with some not being educated enough to reject stupid and obvious superstition when they see it?
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by KoloOyinbo(m): 11:36pm On Mar 15, 2015
proevan:

The focus of our schools aren't that of yours ; you should be given me dates that beats 4000yrs back

Dates for what? And what has that to do with people being foolish enough not to reject stupid superstition?
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Nobody: 11:39pm On Mar 15, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

#All humans are equal.

So your belief in God is superior
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 15, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

I never contradicted that all are equal. What has that to do with some not being educated enough to reject stupid and obvious superstition when they see it?

If I may ask, what is your own defination of Education ; say generally ?

1 Like

Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by KoloOyinbo(m): 11:45pm On Mar 15, 2015
proevan:

#All humans are equal.

So your belief in God is superior

What has that to do with all humans being equal? We have MANY different religions and opinions of religion. Do you believe all religions and opinions are equal? It seems evident that there is more fundamentalism in Africa and the developing world than in the developed world. This is because the more educated someone is the less fundamentalist they tend to be.

This is rather a different topic than people believing silly legends of mermaids etc!
Re: Water Elements And 'Water Children' by Nobody: 11:46pm On Mar 15, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

Dates for what? And what has that to do with people being foolish enough not to reject stupid superstition?

I need tell you this ; If you don't know everything, you don't know anything.

Are we talking about the science that told us we have 9planets in our solar system

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

The Grail Message / TB Joshua's Simple Sitting Room (Photos) / Is Catholic Church Of The Transfiguration Most Beautiful Church In Nigeria?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.