Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,183 members, 7,780,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:30 AM

Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) (32836 Views)

Civilian JTF Reveal The Real Flag Of Shekau Rumoured To Have Been Captured(pics) / Battle Of Kukawa Between Nigeria Army And Boko Haram / Photo Shows Civilian-JTF Going To War With Nigerian Soldiers In Boko Haram War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by tbaba1234: 1:30am On Mar 15, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXntjE2zGDc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Commentary is by a member of the civilian JTF..

#victoryforNigeria

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by charlos14: 1:35am On Mar 15, 2015
sweet
Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by kilokeys(m): 2:06am On Mar 15, 2015
wow.. was tensed all thru.. mehn.. war zone no b moi moi o

18 Likes

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by seunlayi(m): 2:20am On Mar 15, 2015
moderator can help move this to fp for those e warrior's to see

2 Likes

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by Ikengawo: 2:26am On Mar 15, 2015
FRONT.PAGE.
Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by HrtBrkSteve(m): 2:34am On Mar 15, 2015
#RESPECT
Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by Jaypea98: 2:51am On Mar 15, 2015
According to the video civillian JTF retrieve Uniforms and helmets from slain Boko Haram Fighters and share them amongst their members and members of the Nigerian army who dont have........Sad indeed

12 Likes

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by Nobody: 2:51am On Mar 15, 2015
Are we being deceived?

Some questions:

[b]How can we be certain from the video that they are pounding "Boko Haram" as OP stated?

Are we sure that what we are watching is not our enemies colluding with Nigerian troops to clear our territory.

So the federal army of Nigeria communicate with each other in a language other than English during battles?

Why does the scene of battle seem so laid back that people can be talking to the camera and almost nobody is taking cover?

Can we be certain the video is of the town that the OP said was captured, and not another town which would later be announced as being under BH or Chadian control?

Who authorised CJTF to accompany soldiers into battle, and why are they not equipped with protective uniform?

Why do rag tag Boko Haram have quality military uniforms (narrator claims that military clothes are being taken from BH) whilst our military have soldiers without uniform?

Why no film of captured or dead Boko Haram ?

Why Nigeria going into battle with untrained and apparently unarmed civilians travelling in bright coloured vehicles (not camouflaged) is that how a professional army operates?.

Could this video have been staged?

Could it be that the so called CTF are really Boko Haram members? seeing as some are even wearing Boko Haram uniforms (although the video narrative claims it was taken from Boko Haram).

Who starts dressing in their enemies clothes during a war?[/b]

A lot does not add up.

BTW why hasn't anybody witnessed any large Nigerian military convoys heading to the North around the 14th Febuhari ? After all were we not told the entire military would be engaged in a war against insurgency for 6 weeks starting Febuhari 14th?.

If we are using all the military personnel in the nation, why do we need to have so many CTF in battle ground ?

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by alizenbohr: 3:24am On Mar 15, 2015
GenBuhari:
Don't be deceived .

Some questions:

How can we be certain from the video that they are pounding "Boko Haram" as OP stated?

Are we sure that what we are watching is not our enemies colluding with Nigerian troops to clear our territory.

So the federal army of Nigeria communicate with each other in a language other than English during battles?

Why does the scene of battle seem so laid back that people can be talking to the camera and almost nobody is taking cover?

Why Nigeria going into battle with untrained and apparently unarmed civilians travelling in bright coloured vehicles (not camouflaged) is that how a professional army operates?.

Could it be that the so called CTF are really Boko Haram members? seeing as some are even wearing Boko Haram uniforms (although the video narrative claims it was taken from Boko Haram).

Who starts dressing in their enemies clothes during a war?

A lot does not add up.

There's only one way to get reply to your questions:

Carry your high-tech smart phone go join dem do investigative journalism then bring back the full report.

You can believe that France bombed Nigeria without pix.

You can post about Book Haram claiming villages in NE without video.

But here you have video evidence of the collaboration of NA and CJTF to curb BH menace and you're asking 'silly' questions.

You are the deceiver here.

178 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by bighead1(m): 3:26am On Mar 15, 2015
BRB
Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by bighead1(m): 3:36am On Mar 15, 2015
Seen this before
Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by Mckennedy: 4:00am On Mar 15, 2015
Apc evil party instead of given credit to NA hear them claiming its Civilian Jtf whereas according to the video, I'm watching Nigerian soldiers doing their job, this was my main reason of disassociate myself with apc. No worry 28th march is around the corner and we shall see who wins ,,mind you election is not played on Nairaland nor facebook, election is a practical thing until then keep on with your rubbish fake media while it last.

18 Likes

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by makzeze: 5:35am On Mar 15, 2015
Good job by the civilian JTF and the military.

Buhari will come and complete the Job insha Allah.

3 Likes

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by dannyville2(m): 5:39am On Mar 15, 2015
Front page material.
Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by Nobody: 6:28am On Mar 15, 2015
Nice
Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by tbaba1234: 6:57am On Mar 15, 2015
Jaypea98:
According to the video civillian JTF retrieve Uniforms and helmets from slain Boko Haram Fighters and share them amongst their members and members of the Nigerian army who dont have........Sad indeed

After this war is over, a lot of things need to change in the Nigerian Army.
Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by Gondonu: 7:14am On Mar 15, 2015
alizenbohr:

Carry your high-tech smart phone go join dem do investigative journalism then bring back the full report.

But here you have video evidence of the collaboration of NA and CJTF to curb BH menace and you're asking 'silly' questions.

Thanks so much dear.

18 Likes

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by XketchDesigns(m): 7:45am On Mar 15, 2015
This is not ryt, the video contains names of nigerian soliders. That part should have been beeped.

But this is nice, this is the kind of videos we have been looking for, just like the US army they have hundreds of videos of the wars they fight on YouTube.

May Allah swt be with them. May they be victorious against the enemy.

10 Likes

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by VolvoS60(m): 8:15am On Mar 15, 2015
alizenbohr:

^^^^
There is no need to insult him and call him names. Your catty comments about him 'carrying a high tech camera to go do investigative journalism' undecided will not help anyone.

He has asked some pertinent questions. Whether or not you want to admit it, Nigerians have a right to be skeptical. You know the things that have happened concerning this whole Boko Haram nonsense. I do not need to repeat them here. Your fellow citizens should not be branded unpatriotic when they ask questions - questions that are sensible and rational.

Some points addressing some of the questions raised by 'genbuhari' grin:

I believe that the language being spoken by some of the soldiers in the video is Hausa - the most widely spoken language in Northern Nigeria. When it is considered that a significant number of Nigerian soldiers are of Northern extraction, then you have the answer to your question right here - it is understandable that they would communicate in Hausa. Of course, the question of whether this is proper is another matter entirely. But remember that Northern Nigerians historically made up the bulk of the rank and file of NA from the time when it was formed, through independence and over the years till now. Maybe the military high command just didn't aggressively enforce the use of english over the years. Who knows?

It may also seem unusual that none of the soldiers takes cover even though gun and artillery fire is all around them. I guess the answer to that question is that it is their (NA) fire (and not enemy fire) that is booming. It appears that NA troops are the ones shelling enemy positions and they are not under any threat of returned fire from Boko Haram combatants.

As for NA troops travelling with 'civilian JTF' fighters - I do not have any easy answers on this one. The civilian JTF has been a useful ally (despite the potential for abuse) to the NA in solving the problem. They provide useful intelligence and help with 'recce' since these are their towns and villages and they know the terrain well. However, I am not sure its best for them to accompany the NA on operations and missions. I even suspect (I am not sure though) that the stand off at the end of the video was between some NA troops and civilian JTF members. The camera phone is knocked out of the recorder's hand towards the end of the video and you can hear raised voices alluding to some violence carried out by some combatants on some other party. Again, I'm not sure - I wasn't there.

Summary: The poster has asked some relevant questions. Answer them instead of branding him a deceiver.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by Nutase: 8:25am On Mar 15, 2015
grin
Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by queensmith: 8:37am On Mar 15, 2015
these bloody civilians!! what are they doing there? They want to get shot ni?

Why werent they chased back into their houses!!! They need to move and let the army do their jobs!
ah ah!
Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by ThunderTrail(f): 8:59am On Mar 15, 2015
Mckennedy:
Apc evil party instead of given credit to NA hear them claiming its Civilian Jtf whereas according to the video, I'm watching Nigerian soldiers doing their job, this was my main reason of disassociate myself with apc. No worry 28th march is around the corner and we shall see who wins ,,mind you election is not played on Nairaland nor facebook, election is a practical thing until then keep on with your rubbish fake media while it last.

God bless you and your generations.

The Narrator is THANKING THE NIGERIAN SOLDIERS and in the same vein calls several of them by name for their acts of bravery.
God bless Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by tbaba1234: 9:09am On Mar 15, 2015
queensmith:
these bloody civilians!! what are they doing there? They want to get shot ni?

Why werent they chased back into their houses!!! They need to move and let the army do their jobs!
ah ah!

The Civilian JTF have been following the soldiers to the front for a long time. They understand the terrain.

They fought alongside soldiers in repelling BH from maiduguri.

My worry is what happens after. I hope they are trained and made soldiers.

2 Likes

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by henryangelo: 9:09am On Mar 15, 2015
GenBuhari:
Don't be deceived .

Some questions:

How can we be certain from the video that they are pounding "Boko Haram" as OP stated?

Who starts dressing in their enemies clothes during a war?

A lot does not add up.
Enemy of progress, if sahara should bring up a report claiming that bokoharam killed 50 NA,u will be the first foolish thinker to say #GEJ caused it# you will fall inside that same trap you have laid for others

13 Likes

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by queensmith: 9:11am On Mar 15, 2015
tbaba1234:

The Civilian JTF have been following the soldiers to the front for a long time. They understand the terrain.

They fought alongside soldiers in repelling BH from maiduguri.

My worry is what happens after. I hope they are trained and made soldiers.

No i dont mean the JTF - i mean the one recording the video - or is he a part of the JTF?

I agree - but its a shame we've had to put civilians in danger like this - afterwards they probably wont even be thanked by the Nigerian Govt.
Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by ThunderTrail(f): 9:11am On Mar 15, 2015
If some posters actually watched the video with an open mind, you will see that the Town was already captured and the insurgents out.

It was only the final tail end of a mop up operation.

6 Likes

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by tbaba1234: 9:16am On Mar 15, 2015
queensmith:

No i dont mean the JTF - i mean the one recording the video - or is he a part of the JTF?

I agree - but its a shame we've had to put civilians in danger like this - afterwards they probably wont even be thanked by the Nigerian Govt.

He is part of the CJTF
Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by Ejodamen1(m): 9:33am On Mar 15, 2015
Here is an opportunity for you to get ur dream job... link http:///174364c9
Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by Adyrin(m): 9:33am On Mar 15, 2015
God bless them!

1 Like

Re: Battle Of Kukawa, Nigerian Army, Civilian JTF Pound Boko Haram (video) by loomer: 9:34am On Mar 15, 2015
It's well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Violence At APC Governorship Primaries In Ekiti In Pictures / War On Niger Republic Will Be War On Northern Nigeria - Usman Yusuf / Jonathan Visits Late Ibrahim Dasuki's Family (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.