Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! (8727 Views)

Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / Who Are The 3 Best Teachers Of The Scripture In Nigeria? / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 3:47pm On Mar 15, 2015
1. Luke 24:24-27
24 Some of those who were with us went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said, but him they did not see.” 25 And he (JESUS) said to them, “O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Was it not necessary that the Christ should suffer these things and enter into his glory?” 27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.

when did JESUS speak to Isaiah, Elijah, Moses, Ezekiel, Noah, David etc.

I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that[b] I am he[/b], you will indeed die in your sins." John 8:24

“For from him and[b] through him[/b] and to him are all things."

who is that HIM

1 Like

Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 3:55pm On Mar 15, 2015
Colossians 1:16

For by him (JESUS CHRIST) all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.

1 Like

Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 4:00pm On Mar 15, 2015
John 6:44

"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.

John 12:32

And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

JESUS IS THE FATHER....NO CONTROVERSY
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by Ace119(m): 4:01pm On Mar 15, 2015
Bruh u throwing stones?
Wetin JW do u?

2 Likes

Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 4:15pm On Mar 15, 2015
Jude 1:25

to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.

Luke 2:11

For unto you is born this day in the city of David[b] a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord[/b].

Psalm 100:3

Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

John 10:14

"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me--JESUS CHRIST

So do we have two saviours and 2 shepherds

brrrrrrrrrrrrr
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 4:16pm On Mar 15, 2015
Ace119:
Bruh u throwing stones?
Wetin JW do u?

let them come defend their doctrine now.....
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by Hawlahscho(m): 5:04pm On Mar 15, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 5:17pm On Mar 15, 2015
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by Hawlahscho(m): 5:27pm On Mar 15, 2015
bingbagbo:

grin

Na so o bro. cool
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 16, 2015
bingbagbo:
1. Luke 24:24-27
24 Some of those who were with us went to the tomb and found it just as the women had said, but him they did not see.” 25 And he (JESUS) said to them, “O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Was it not necessary that the Christ should suffer these things and enter into his glory?” 27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.
when did JESUS speak to Isaiah, Elijah, Moses, Ezekiel, Noah, David etc.

@Bingbagbo, Why can't you look for a jw literature on Trinity and see their full explanation? Try www.jw.org/en/
But I can't stop laughing that you do not understand simple English Grammar!

So that place said that 'beginning with Moses and all the prophets, Jesus interpreted to them in all the scriptures the thing about himself'. You understand this as meaning 'Jesus interpreted to Moses and all the prophets?'.
Let us use algebra to dissect that text.
What that place is saying is that: "Moses" = Genesis to Deutronomy and Job. "All the prophets" = the remaining books of the Hebrew Scriptures(the Old Testament). "All the scriptures" = all the books of the bible available to the first century Christians during Christ Life on earth. "interpreted to them" = interpreted those Scriptures to the two men traveling to Emmaus.

So Bingbagbo, what is hard for you to understand? Learn your Bible today stop justifying your ignorant stand visit www.jw.org/en/

2 Likes

Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 16, 2015
@Bingbagbo, the teaching of Trinity is not something we are breaking our heads debating about these days. Even some little girls from you people are asking: "If Jesus is God, who then did he pray to?".

We are trying to prove to Atheists, Agnostics, Evolutionists and Freethinkers that God exists and that He created the earth, and you are here going back to 20th century fairy tale about Trinity.

1 Like

Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 10:37pm On Mar 16, 2015
AgricSalt:

@Bingbagbo, Why can't you look for a jw literature on Trinity and see their full explanation? Try www.jw.org/en/
But I can't stop laughing that you do not understand simple English Grammar!

So that place said that 'beginning with Moses and all the prophets, Jesus interpreted to them in all the scriptures the thing about himself'. You understand this as meaning 'Jesus interpreted to Moses and all the prophets?'.
Let us use algebra to dissect that text.
What that place is saying is that: "Moses" = Genesis to Deutronomy and Job. "All the prophets" = the remaining books of the Hebrew Scriptures(the Old Testament). "All the scriptures" = all the books of the bible available to the first century Christians during Christ Life on earth. "interpreted to them" = interpreted those Scriptures to the two men traveling to Emmaus.

So Bingbagbo, what is hard for you to understand? Learn your Bible today stop justifying your ignorant stand visit www.jw.org/en/

lol....jw.org for what ? to look for 1914 prophesy that Jesus is coming that he didnt come?

lol......u see how u are sweating?....anybody that preaches Christ is not God must twist all bible verses to achieve that blasphemy....exactly what your new world translation is doing....yet even right in your own new world translation, Isaiah 9:6 says "the child will be called MIGHTY GOD"......Deutronomy 6:4, James 2:19 (GOD is one)

jw is a cult!!! cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 10:41pm On Mar 16, 2015
AgricSalt:
@Bingbagbo, the teaching of Trinity is not something we are breaking our heads debating about these days. Even some little girls from you people are asking: "If Jesus is God, who then did he pray to?".

We are trying to prove to Atheists, Agnostics, Evolutionists and Freethinkers that God exists and that He created the earth, and you are here going back to 20th century fairy tale about Trinity.

have u seen trinity in my write-up?

God is one

this same GOD is JESUS Christ

For HE made all things (Collosians 1:16)

Your new world translation twisted that and said He created all other things grin

You are now calling the bible a liar (Isaiah 48:12-14)

Jw is a cult cheesy
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by johnw74: 12:39am On Mar 17, 2015
AgricSalt:

The Word God, while being the flesh Jesus, prayed to the Father God.
You do not believe the scriptures that tell of Jesus-the Word being God
you change John 1:1 to say in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was a god.
there is only one true God and so you have a false god in Heaven with God
you have two gods in Heaven

God the Word became man, lower than the angels
why would not the Word-Jesus prays to the Father-God
they communicate in Heaven why not while the Word was on earth a man
God the Word did not cease to exist, He became weak flesh
so as the world can be saved by believing on Him and His sacrifice for us.

You also say the Word is mighty god, and Jehovah is almighty god
you believe in two gods.

You believe Jesus is an angel, although God said He never called any angel His only begotten son.

Heb 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 17, 2015
bingbagbo:

"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.

John 12:32

And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

Who resurrected him??.....no controversy
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 17, 2015
johnw74:

The Word God, while being the flesh Jesus, prayed to the Father God.
You do not believe the scriptures that tell of Jesus-the Word being God
you change John 1:1 to say in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was a god.
there is only one true God and so you have a false god in Heaven with God
you have two gods in Heaven

God the Word became man, lower than the angels
why would not the Word-Jesus prays to the Father-God
they communicate in Heaven why not while the Word was on earth a man
God the Word did not cease to exist, He became weak flesh
so as the world can be saved by believing on Him and His sacrifice for us.

You also say the Word is mighty god, and Jehovah is almighty god
you believe in two gods.

You believe Jesus is an angel, although God said He never called any angel His only begotten son.

Heb 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

A God is someone of authority...different levels.
Even Satan was called the god of this system of things.. does it mean he's good?
No,it means he has authority over the earth right now.
If you think it's not Satan who's ruling,then let me tell you that the bible condemn homosexuality and it is something the world embraced.
Jehovah is not that kind of person to Change..from hating homosexuality to loving it.. never!

He's name is JEHOVAH and Will always be,he doesn't change.
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by RikoduoSennin(m): 5:35pm On Mar 17, 2015
OP, You have filled Nairaland with your chants " JW is a Cult" and posted a lot of topics about Trinity. The thing is, if you don't get it then you won't get it now- since your attitude has not changed YET.
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by johnw74: 10:59pm On Mar 17, 2015
a god is a false god
because there is only one true God
He is:
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
God and the Word is God

the Word became flesh:
Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
the Father (God) and Jesus (the Word) is God

you change John 1:1
and replacing "the Word" with "a god" the verse would read like this:
In the beginning was a god, and a god was with God, and a god was God.
ridiculous

God said: you shall have no other gods before me
yet you have another god with God

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure wink grin

you mean prideful beyond measure.

IN THE END THERE SHALL BE ONLY ONE BECAUSE A TRUE GOD HAS NO FATHER.

God is one now and always has been
it's all through the Bible

Only Jesus human body died
the Word can never die, He is God.

Even with us ordinary mortal humans, our bodys die
but our spirits go back to God who gave them.

OP, You have filled Nairaland with your chants " JW is a Cult"

I agree with him, jw's are a cult
the majority of Christianity believe that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh
jw's believe Jesus is an angel
and a god

I haven't posted much scripture here because I have discovered that Jw's
don't believe many of them
and even post against them giving them other meanings
as is what recently happened to scriptures I posted.
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by johnw74: 3:07am On Mar 18, 2015
IN THE END THERE SHALL BE ONLY ONE BECAUSE A TRUE GOD HAS NO FATHER.

and there, is a jw saying that Jesus is not a true god, as opposed to the true God
and they say He is a god, as opposed to the God
and they say He is mighty god, as opposed to Almighty God

and then they say they are not talking about two gods

confusion stalks the jw's in all areas.
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 4:15am On Mar 18, 2015
Optimall:

Who resurrected him??.....no controversy

John 10:18

No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded."

i and my father are one. John 10:30

Anyone that has seen me has seen the father
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 6:53am On Mar 18, 2015
Bingbagbo Bingbagbo Bingbagbo!!! The other day I sent you some scriptures about this matter to study. I thought by now, you would have grown past this stage in your scriptural understanding. Why have you decided not to study them?

Well, out of my generousity and love for you and others in Nairaland, I'll send them again. Consider each scripture thoughtfully for your own good.

If Jesus is Almighty God...

1. Then why is "God head of Christ just as Christ is head of man"? (1 Cor. 11:3)

2. Then why does Scripture consistently phrase Jesus as a separate person from God? (John 20:17; John 14:1; Mark 10:18; John 17:1-3; etc. Also in heaven, 1 Cor. 11:3; Luke 22:69; etc.)

3. Then how can Jesus have a God? Could Almighty God have a God? (Mic. 5:4; Ps. 45:6, 7; 89:26; John 20:17; Rom. 15:6; 2 Cor. 1:3; Eph 1:3; Col 1:3; Mark 15:34; John 17:1-3; Also in heaven, Rev. 1:6; 3:2, 12)

4. Then why does Scripture say he was born and is part of Creation? (Col. 1:15)

5. Then why does Rev. 3:14 say that Jesus is "the beginning of the creation of God"?

6. Then why is he subject to GOD, like we're subject to him? (1 Cor. 15:27, 28; Eph. 1:17)

7. Then why does Micah 5:2 say that Jesus' ORIGIN was “from early times”?

8. Then why does Jesus not know what God knows? (Matt. 24:36, Rev.1:1; Luke 8:45)

9. Then why is Jesus still subject to God when he is as high as he will ever be? (1 Cor. 15:27, 28)

10. Then why does Proverbs 8:22-31 show that the Messiah was CREATED / PRODUCED by God?

11. Then why is he not powerful enough to subject things to himself? (1 Cor. 15:27, Eph. 1:17, 22)

12. Then why would he have to be given any power and authority? (Mt. 28:18; 11:27; Jn. 5:22; 17:2; 3:35; 2 Pet. 1:17)

13. Then why did he have to learn anything? (Heb. 5:8; John 5:19; 8:28)

14. Then why is speaking against him not as bad as speaking against the Holy Spirit? (Mt. 12:31,32; Luke 12:10)

15. Then why did Jesus call the "Father...the only true God"? (John 17:3)

16. Then why did he need to be saved? (Heb. 5:7; John 12:27)

17. Then why did he have to be exalted to Leader and Savior? (Acts 5:31)

18. Then how could he be exalted and given a higher name than he had? (Phil. 2:9-11; Heb. 1:2-4)

19. Then why did he have to be given life in himself? (John 5:25,26)

20. Then how can the Father be greater than he? (John 14:28)

21. Then how could Jesus be tempted by Satan when God cannot be tempted with evil? (James 1:13)

22. Then why did he worship the Father? (John 4:22)

23. Then why can he not do anything on his own? (John 5:19; 6:38)

24. Then why would he pray to anybody? (Luke 22:44; John 17:1,2; Heb. 5:7)

25. Then why do John 1:18 and 1 John 4:9 say that Jesus is God's "only BEGOTTEN Son"? ASV

26. Then how can he be God's servant? (Acts 4:26,27,30)

27. Then how could he receive strength from an angel? (Luke 22:43)

28. Then how could he be a mediator between God and man? (1 Tim. 2:5)

29. Then how could he be with God (ton theon)? (John 1:1)

30. Then how can he be God's image? (Col. 1:15; Heb. 1:3)

31. Then why is he called the agency (dia) of creation and not the Originator (ek)? (1 Cor. 8:6; John 1:1-3; Prov. 8:30; Heb. 2:10; Col. 1:15,16)

32. Then why did Jesus say GOD was "good" in a way that Jesus was not? (Mark 10:18)

33. Then why does he have an archangel's voice instead of God's voice? (1 Thess. 4:16)

34. Then why is the only "worship" given to him the same given to humans? (Heb. 1:6, cf. Mt. 18:26; Rev. 3:9 - "Proskuneo"

35. Then why do many who believe this rely on a few selected, so-called 'proof-texts' instead of the context of the consistent teaching of the entire Bible?

36. Then how could he be commanded to do anything? (John 12:49; Deut. 18:18)

37. Then why did Steven see two separate entities, GOD and Jesus, and not just one God or three persons? (Acts 7:55)

38. Then how could he be seen at GOD's right hand? (Luke 22:69; Acts 7:55; Rom. 8:34)

39. Then how could Jesus be exalted (not to become God Himself, but) to the position of the "right hand OF God"? (Acts 2:33)

40. Then why would he have to receive a revelation from God? (Rev.1:1)

41. Then why is he called God's "begotten" Son before he came to earth? (John 3:16; Gal. 4:4; 1 John 4:9)

42. Then how could he have a Father? (John 20:17)

43. Then how could he come in flesh? (1 Kings 8:27; Acts 17:24,25)

44. Then why did he not come in his own name? (John 5:41-44)

45. Then why did Jesus "come down from heaven to do" God's will and not his own will? (Luke 22:42; John 6:38; John 5:30; John 8:42)

46. Then how could he appear before GOD? (Heb. 9:24)

47. Then how could he die? Can God die? Can part of God die? (Rom. 5:10; Acts 5:30; 1 Cor. 15:3; Hab.1:12; cf. 1 Tim. 6:16; Num. 23:19; Ps. 90:2; Dan. 6:25-26)

48. Then why is it that God resurrected Jesus? (Acts 2:32)

49. Then why can we see him if "no man has seen God at any time"? (John 1:18)

50. Then why is there not one clear Scripture where Jesus is called "God the Son," (equal to those declaring "God, the Father)?

51. How is it that the Jews rounded up some false witnesses to make up lies to obtain a death sentence for Jesus, but neither the Jewish officials nor even one of these false witnesses made a claim that he was God or equally God? (Matt. 26:59-67)

52. John summed up his whole Gospel by saying that it was written that we may believe "that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God." Why is there is no mention in that summary of the entire Gospel of what would be the most important thing of all - that Jesus is God? (John 20:31)

53. How could Jesus teach in the Jewish synagogues and the temple? This would never happen if any of the authorities believed he claimed to be God (or that his followers believed such a thing). - Matt. 26:55; John 7:14, 28. Matt. 4:23.

54. How could Jesus' followers teach in Jewish synagogues after Jesus' death and for the remainder of that first century (at least)? Again, this would not have been allowed if there were any suspicion that they believed Jesus to be God. Acts 9:20; 13:5, Acts 13:13-15.

If the Holy Spirit is Almighty God...

1. Then why do quotes from Trinitarians admit that the Holy Spirit is not God but rather is a force from God?

2. Then why would Jews instructed in the Old Testament scriptures and in the teachings of John the Baptist, NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT THE HOLY SPIRIT WAS? (Acts 19:2)

3. Then why isn't the Holy Spirit given equal description in the Bible?

4. Then why didn't Jesus ever teach that the Holy Spirit was God along with the Father and Son?

5. Then why does the Bible describe the Holy Spirit as an "it"? (Is. 34:16 ASV, KJV; Numbers 11:17, 25 ASV, KJV, RSV, NRSV, AT, LB, NEB, REB, NAB, JB, NJB; and Romans 8:16, 26 in the KJV.)

6. Then why does the Bible describe the Holy Spirit as a thing that can be poured out into portions? (Acts 2:17, 18, 33; Numbers 11:17, 25)

7. Then why is the holy spirit nameless and indistinguishable from all of the other holy spirits?

8. Then why did the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD disregard the Holy Spirit as a member of the Godhead when they made Jesus 'God' in 325 AD? Why did they wait until the Council of Constantinople in 381 AD to include the Holy Spirit in the formula?

9. Then wouldn't the water and blood be persons too according to Trinitarian reasoning and 1 John 5:8?

10. Then why is the Holy Spirit sandwiched between a list of QUALITIES at 2 Cor. 6:6?

11. Then why does the NT Greek Lexicon describes the Holy Spirit as "this" at Acts 2:33?

12. Then why is it that nowhere in the Bible is the Holy Spirit ever said to be an equal member of a trinity?

13. Then why is it that nowhere is it mentioned in the Bible the words, "God, the Holy Spirit," or "The Holy Spirit is God"?

14. Then why is it that there is never mentioned a vision, dream or clear description in scripture wherein God and the Holy Spirit are shown as the same person?

If the Trinity Doctrine is a Bible teaching...

1. Then why do NUMEROUS encyclopedias agree that

"... the doctrine of the Trinity was of gradual and comparatively late formation; that it had its origin in a source entirely foreign from that of the Jewish and Christian scriptures; that it grew up, and was ingrafted on Christianity"? – p. 34, The Church of the First Three Centuries, Alvan Lamson, D.D.

2. Then why do many encyclopedias, dictionaries and other sources (including Sir Isaac Newton) agree that the "Trinity was a pagan corruption imposed on Christianity in the fourth century by Athanasius"?

3. Then why does the Bible consistently identify God by singular person pronouns: "I, "Me," "He, and "Him" instead of "We", "Us", "They" or "Them"?

4. Then why does 2 Cor. 13:14 say that the Lord Jesus Christ is one individual, the Holy Spirit is another individual (whether a person or a thing), and that "GOD" IS ANOTHER DIFFERENT INDIVIDUAL?

5. Then why is there not even one Scripture which clearly defines the Trinity?

6. Then why is there not even one Scripture of a vision, dream, or CLEAR description wherein God is shown as three persons?

7. Then why is there not even one Scripture where God is described using the word "three"?

2 Likes

Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 7:52am On Mar 18, 2015
BIBLESPEAKS:
Bingbagbo Bingbagbo Bingbagbo!!! The other day I sent you some scriptures about this matter to study. I thought by now, you would have grown past this stage in your scriptural understanding. Why have you decided not to study them?

Well, out of my generousity and love for you and others in Nairaland, I'll send them again. Consider each scripture thoughtfully for your own good.

1. Then why is "God head of Christ just as Christ is head of man"? (1 Cor. 11:3)

2. Then why does Scripture consistently phrase Jesus as a separate person from God? (John 20:17; John 14:1; Mark 10:18; John 17:1-3; etc. Also in heaven, 1 Cor. 11:3; Luke 22:69; etc.)

3. Then how can Jesus have a God? Could Almighty God have a God? (Mic. 5:4; Ps. 45:6, 7; 89:26; John 20:17; Rom. 15:6; 2 Cor. 1:3; Eph 1:3; Col 1:3; Mark 15:34; John 17:1-3; Also in heaven, Rev. 1:6; 3:2, 12)

4. Then why does Scripture say he was born and is part of Creation? (Col. 1:15)

5. Then why does Rev. 3:14 say that Jesus is "the beginning of the creation of God"?

6. Then why is he subject to GOD, like we're subject to him? (1 Cor. 15:27, 28; Eph. 1:17)

8. Then why does Jesus not know what God knows? (Matt. 24:36, Rev.1:1; Luke 8:45)

9. Then why is Jesus still subject to God when he is as high as he will ever be? (1 Cor. 15:27, 28)

10. Then why does Proverbs 8:22-31 show that the Messiah was CREATED / PRODUCED by God?

11. Then why is he not powerful enough to subject things to himself? (1 Cor. 15:27, Eph. 1:17, 22)

12. Then why would he have to be given any power and authority? (Mt. 28:18; 11:27; Jn. 5:22; 17:2; 3:35; 2 Pet. 1:17)

13. Then why did he have to learn anything? (Heb. 5:8; John 5:19; 8:28)

14. Then why is speaking against him not as bad as speaking against the Holy Spirit? (Mt. 12:31,32; Luke 12:10)

17. Then why did he have to be exalted to Leader and Savior? (Acts 5:31)

18. Then how could he be exalted and given a higher name than he had? (Phil. 2:9-11; Heb. 1:2-4)

19. Then why did he have to be given life in himself? (John 5:25,26)

21. Then how could Jesus be tempted by Satan when God cannot be tempted with evil? (James 1:13)

25. Then why do John 1:18 and 1 John 4:9 say that Jesus is God's "only BEGOTTEN Son"? ASV

28. Then how could he be a mediator between God and man? (1 Tim. 2:5)

29. Then how could he be with God (ton theon)? (John 1:1)

31. Then why is he called the agency (dia) of creation and not the Originator (ek)? (1 Cor. 8:6; John 1:1-3; Prov. 8:30; Heb. 2:10; Col. 1:15,16)

32. Then why did Jesus say GOD was "good" in a way that Jesus was not? (Mark 10:18)

33. Then why does he have an archangel's voice instead of God's voice? (1 Thess. 4:16)

34. Then why is the only "worship" given to him the same given to humans? (Heb. 1:6, cf. Mt. 18:26; Rev. 3:9 - "Proskuneo"

35. Then why do many who believe this rely on a few selected, so-called 'proof-texts' instead of the context of the consistent teaching of the entire Bible?

36. Then how could he be commanded to do anything? (John 12:49; Deut. 18:18)

37. Then why did Steven see two separate entities, GOD and Jesus, and not just one God or three persons? (Acts 7:55)

38. Then how could he be seen at GOD's right hand? (Luke 22:69; Acts 7:55; Rom. 8:34)

39. Then how could Jesus be exalted (not to become God Himself, but) to the position of the "right hand OF God"? (Acts 2:33)

40. Then why would he have to receive a revelation from God? (Rev.1:1)

41. Then why is he called God's "begotten" Son before he came to earth? (John 3:16; Gal. 4:4; 1 John 4:9)

45. Then why did Jesus "come down from heaven to do" God's will and not his own will? (Luke 22:42; John 6:38; John 5:30; John 8:42)

47. Then how could he die? Can God die? Can part of God die? (Rom. 5:10; Acts 5:30; 1 Cor. 15:3; Hab.1:12; cf. 1 Tim. 6:16; Num. 23:19; Ps. 90:2; Dan. 6:25-26)

50. Then why is there not one clear Scripture where Jesus is called "God the Son," (equal to those declaring "God, the Father)?

51. How is it that the Jews rounded up some false witnesses to make up lies to obtain a death sentence for Jesus, but neither the Jewish officials nor even one of these false witnesses made a claim that he was God or equally God? (Matt. 26:59-67)

52. John summed up his whole Gospel by saying that it was written that we may believe "that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God." Why is there is no mention in that summary of the entire Gospel of what would be the most important thing of all - that Jesus is God? (John 20:31)

53. How could Jesus teach in the Jewish synagogues and the temple? This would never happen if any of the authorities believed he claimed to be God (or that his followers believed such a thing). - Matt. 26:55; John 7:14, 28. Matt. 4:23.

54. How could Jesus' followers teach in Jewish synagogues after Jesus' death and for the remainder of that first century (at least)? Again, this would not have been allowed if there were any suspicion that they believed Jesus to be God. Acts 9:20; 13:5, Acts 13:13-15.

If the Holy Spirit is Almighty God...

1. Then why do quotes from Trinitarians admit that the Holy Spirit is not God but rather is a force from God?

2. Then why would Jews instructed in the Old Testament scriptures and in the teachings of John the Baptist, NOT EVEN KNOW WHAT THE HOLY SPIRIT WAS? (Acts 19:2)

3. Then why isn't the Holy Spirit given equal description in the Bible?

4. Then why didn't Jesus ever teach that the Holy Spirit was God along with the Father and Son?

5. Then why does the Bible describe the Holy Spirit as an "it"? (Is. 34:16 ASV, KJV; Numbers 11:17, 25 ASV, KJV, RSV, NRSV, AT, LB, NEB, REB, NAB, JB, NJB; and Romans 8:16, 26 in the KJV.)

6. Then why does the Bible describe the Holy Spirit as a thing that can be poured out into portions? (Acts 2:17, 18, 33; Numbers 11:17, 25)

7. Then why is the holy spirit nameless and indistinguishable from all of the other holy spirits?

8. Then why did the Council of Nicaea in 325 AD disregard the Holy Spirit as a member of the Godhead when they made Jesus 'God' in 325 AD? Why did they wait until the Council of Constantinople in 381 AD to include the Holy Spirit in the formula?

9. Then wouldn't the water and blood be persons too according to Trinitarian reasoning and 1 John 5:8?

10. Then why is the Holy Spirit sandwiched between a list of QUALITIES at 2 Cor. 6:6?

11. Then why does the NT Greek Lexicon describes the Holy Spirit as "this" at Acts 2:33?

12. Then why is it that nowhere in the Bible is the Holy Spirit ever said to be an equal member of a trinity?

13. Then why is it that nowhere is it mentioned in the Bible the words, "God, the Holy Spirit," or "The Holy Spirit is God"?

14. Then why is it that there is never mentioned a vision, dream or clear description in scripture wherein God and the Holy Spirit are shown as the same person?

If the Trinity Doctrine is a Bible teaching...

1. Then why do NUMEROUS encyclopedias agree that

"... the doctrine of the Trinity was of gradual and comparatively late formation; that it had its origin in a source entirely foreign from that of the Jewish and Christian scriptures; that it grew up, and was ingrafted on Christianity"? – p. 34, The Church of the First Three Centuries, Alvan Lamson, D.D.

2. Then why do many encyclopedias, dictionaries and other sources (including Sir Isaac Newton) agree that the "Trinity was a pagan corruption imposed on Christianity in the fourth century by Athanasius"?

3. Then why does the Bible consistently identify God by singular person pronouns: "I, "Me," "He, and "Him" instead of "We", "Us", "They" or "Them"?

4. Then why does 2 Cor. 13:14 say that the Lord Jesus Christ is one individual, the Holy Spirit is another individual (whether a person or a thing), and that "GOD" IS ANOTHER DIFFERENT INDIVIDUAL?

5. Then why is there not even one Scripture which clearly defines the Trinity?

6. Then why is there not even one Scripture of a vision, dream, or CLEAR description wherein God is shown as three persons?

7. Then why is there not even one Scripture where God is described using the word "three"?

thanK God i have never mentioned any trinity in my posts. TRINITY is a heresy. jw is a cult. Jws are postulating that, Jesus is God(mighty GOD) and Jehovah is also God (almighty GOD) , contradicting the Deutronomy 6:4 and James 2:19. The God of the bible God consistently says "THERE IS NO GOD BUT ME"....But jws say no....there is another GOD called Jesus, only he is a mighty GOD....May the Lord open your eyes. GOD IS ONE!!!....And this ONE GOD manifested in flesh (JESUS CHRIST) 1 Timothy 3:16.

jw is a cult
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by CANTICLES: 8:11am On Mar 18, 2015
johnw74:

and there, is a jw saying that Jesus is not a true god, as opposed to the true God
and they say He is a god, as opposed to the God
and they say He is mighty god, as opposed to Almighty God

and then they say they are not talking about two gods

confusion stalks the jw's in all areas.

Mr, Satan is called " THE GOD" , Humans are called " GODS" , angels are also called " GOD" . So why do u shout around when Jesus is also called GOD ? Whereas uv forgotten he is still under the authority of someone ( 1 cor 11:3)....

The moment u can answer this question, ur eyes will open .

WHO is " the ONLY GOD" ?

WHO is " the True GOD" ?

1 Like

Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by CANTICLES: 8:37am On Mar 18, 2015
bingbagbo:

thanK God i have never mentioned any trinity in my posts. TRINITY is a heresy.

Why do u say trinity is heresy ? smiley
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by Longstride: 9:08am On Mar 18, 2015
pathetic
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by CANTICLES: 9:29am On Mar 18, 2015
bingbagbo:

Jesus here says "the Father sent me" ? He cant send himself and claim somone sent him.

VERY GOOD .... That scripture u posted urself, expose ur lies that Jesus is the Father

There is controversy UNTIL you tell us who sent Jesus to the earth ?
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 9:29am On Mar 18, 2015
TO MR BIBLESPEAKS, this sayeth the LORD

Answer: For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form Colossians 2:9

2. Then why does Scripture consistently phrase Jesus as a separate person from God? (John 20:17; John 14:1; Mark 10:18; John 17:1-3; etc. Also in heaven, 1 Cor. 11:3; Luke 22:69; etc.)

Answer: I and my Father are one. John 10:30, Jesus said to him, “Have I been among you all this time without your knowing Me, Philip? The one who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
John 14:9

Answer: Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. Philippians 2:6

3. Then how can Jesus have a God? Could Almighty God have a God? (Mic. 5:4; Ps. 45:6, 7; 89:26; John 20:17; Rom. 15:6; 2 Cor. 1:3; Eph 1:3; Col 1:3; Mark 15:34; John 17:1-3; Also in heaven, Rev. 1:6; 3:2, 12)

Answer: Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. Philippians 2:6

4. Then why does Scripture say he was born and is part of Creation? (Col. 1:15)

Answer: For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. Colossians 1:16.

HE CREATED ALL THINGS INCLUDING YOU, YET YOU DOUBT HIM
Answer: I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.Revelation 22:13

HOW CAN THE FIRST AND THE LAST BE CREATED? grin

Answer: Without father or mother, without genealogy, without beginning of days or end of life, resembling the Son of God, he remains a priest forever. Hebrews 7:3

Answer: The third time he said to him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, "Do you love me?" He said, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my sheep. John 21:17

Answer: while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ

THE SON IS ALSO THE FATHER (GREATEST MYSTERY) 1 TIMOTHY 3:16

10. Then why does Proverbs 8:22-31 show that the Messiah was CREATED / PRODUCED by God?
Answer: Read that scripture and note the scripture is talking about 'wisdom'....wisdom personified....The Hebrew word that commonly means "create" (bara') is not used in verse 22; rather the word is qanah, which occurs eighty-four times in the Old Testament and almost always means "to get, acquire."

NB: (About Jesus,) He (God) also says, "In the beginning, Lord, you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. Hebrews 1:10; Remember “Listen to me, Jacob,Israel, whom I have called:I am he;I am the first and I am the last.13 My own hand laid the foundations of the earth, and my right hand spread out the heavens; when I summon them, they all stand up together. Isaiah 48:12-13

Answer: that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,Philippians 2:10; remember It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.'" Romans 14:11
12. Then why would he have to be given any power and authority? (Mt. 28:18; 11:27; Jn. 5:22; 17:2; 3:35; 2 Pet. 1:17)
Answer: Because that is HIS own purpose and HIS will before all things
13. Then why did he have to learn anything? (Heb. 5:8; John 5:19; 8:28)
Answer: Jesus was fully man and fully God

Answer: rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness Philippians 2:7

Answer: But Jesus Himself is that God (Isaiah 9:6, zachariah 12:10 etc)
Answer: rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness Philippians 2:7

17. Then why did he have to be exalted to Leader and Savior? (Acts 5:31)

Answer: According to his own purpose and will
18. Then how could he be exalted and given a higher name than he had? (Phil. 2:9-11; Heb. 1:2-4)

Answer: According to his own purpose and will
19. Then why did he have to be given life in himself? (John 5:25,26)
Answer: He is the way, the truth and the life

Answer: Phillipians 2;6
21. Then how could Jesus be tempted by Satan when God cannot be tempted with evil? (James 1:13)
Answer: God was now in human form

Answer: Because the father was in human form, and HE taught us how to worship HIM. Remember His model prayer..."Our father, who art in heaven....thy Kingdom come..." remember Jesus told Pilate that "my kingdom [/b]is not of this world" So the father had a kingdom and Jesus has another kingdom? grin

Answer: The flesh cant do anything unless the SPIRIT(FATHER) which is actually HIMSELF. You cant do anything unless your spirit. "I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me and I in Him, the same bringeth forth much fruit, f[b]or without me, ye can do nothing.
" John 15:5

Answer: To teach us to pray, for the flesh to communicate with the father, to fulfill what is written
Answer: You clearly dont understand beget do you?...Beget is not create....Remember Jesus was conceived of the HOLY SPIRIT(GOD)

Answer: brrrrrrr.......He was fully God and fully man, that is why he wept and and he walked on the sea

28. Then how could he be a mediator between God and man? (1 Tim. 2:5)
Answer: The man Jesus Christ is the mediator between man and the God JESUS Christ

29. Then how could he be with God (ton theon)? (John 1:1)
Answer: Is your soul with your flesh?? Is your spirit different from you?

Answer: Because HE IS GOD HIMSELF

31. Then why is he called the agency (dia) of creation and not the Originator (ek)? (1 Cor. 8:6; John 1:1-3; Prov. 8:30; Heb. 2:10; Col. 1:15,16)
Answr: That is according to your translation done by occultists

Answer: He actually meant there that HE was God that was why the guy called HIM good. Isnt Jesus good??AAnswer me

Answer: That is your demonic understanding, because you worship what you dont know. when you said Jesus was coming in 1914, what happened? liars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer: Which human do Angels worship?? (Hebrew 1)

35. Then why do many who believe this rely on a few selected, so-called 'proof-texts' instead of the context of the consistent teaching of the entire Bible?
DO u own a bible? Never be deceived that the new world translation is a bible
36. Then how could he be commanded to do anything? (John 12:49; Deut. 18:18)
Answer: Check up i have answered you over and over
Answer: That is your level of understanding. When a baby sees his father on his mother, it thinks dad is just resting on mum

Answer: Expression...just as in English i can tell you , you are my right hand's man. That is your level of understanding

Answer: At the mention of his name all knees in HEAVEN and on earth bow

40. Then why would he have to receive a revelation from God? (Rev.1:1)

Answer: JESUS IS GOD HIMSELF (Isaiah 9:6)

Answer: What is the meaning of begotten??

ANSWER: THE SON IS THE FATHER (Greatest mystery)

Answer: 1 Timothy 3:16

ANSWER: Because as the son HE bears the NAME of HIS FATHER (I know u dont understand....2 corinthians 4:4)

Answer: Not the will of the flesh HE was in....but HIS(The spirit he was) will

Answer : The man Jesus

47. Then how could he die? Can God die? Can part of God die? (Rom. 5:10; Acts 5:30; 1 Cor. 15:3; Hab.1:12; cf. 1 Tim. 6:16; Num. 23:19; Ps. 90:2; Dan. 6:25-26)

Answer: what is death? Death is a separation between the flesh and the spirit. The flesh wasnt GOD, the SPIRIT in HIM was GOD. The SPIRIT didnt die
Answer: No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father."John 10:18

Answer: God is a spirit(John 4:24) HE (the spirit) manifested in flesh (1 timothy 3:16)...that was why HE could be seen. Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? John 14:9

Answer: JESUS IS GOD....HE IS THE FATHER, HE IS THE ALMIGHTY and the BIBLE has thousand verses saying this

Answer: "We are not stoning you for any good work," they replied, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."John 10:33

Answer: Cant you see?

Answer: "We are not stoning you for any good work," they replied, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."John 10:33

ANSWER: YOU ARE INDEED BLIND (2 CORINTHIANS 4:4)

[size=18pt]I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins."[/size] John 8:24
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 9:33am On Mar 18, 2015
CANTICLES:

Why do u say trinity is heresy ? smiley

Deutronomy 6:4, James 2:19 (GOD IS ONE)

Trinity (God is three in one) is false

jw doctrine that Jesus is not God but an angel is false

JESUS IS THE ALMIGHTY GOD
Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by CANTICLES: 9:49am On Mar 18, 2015
bingbagbo:

JESUS IS THE ALMIGHTY GOD

Simple arithmetic should tell u that an Almighty God cannot have a God he is subjected to

Almighty God means Most High , can the most high God also have a GOD ? NO

Jesus is NOT the Almighty God , He has " a God and Father" under whom authority he is subjected to 1 cor 15:24 - 28 , also called " the God of .... Jesus Christ" Eph 1:17

WHO is the God of Jesus Christ ?

2 Likes

Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by bingbagbo(m): 9:57am On Mar 18, 2015
CANTICLES:

Simple arithmetic should tell u that an Almighty God cannot have a God he is subjected to

Almighty God means Most High , can the most high God also have a GOD ? NO

Jesus is NOT the Almighty God , He has " a God and Father" under whom authority he is subjected to 1 cor 15:24 - 28 , also called " the God of .... Jesus Christ" Eph 1:17

WHO is the God of Jesus Christ ?

sorry to disappoint you but the bible is not about simple arithmetic, that is why a man shall leave his house to meet his wife and become one flesh. 1+1= 1 is that simple arithmetic?...Rather seek the HOLY SPIRIT to reveal these things to you (John 14:26)

1 Like

Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by CANTICLES: 10:16am On Mar 18, 2015
bingbagbo:

sorry to disappoint you but the bible is not about simple arithmetic, that is why a man shall leave his house to meet his wife and become one flesh. 1+1= 1 is that simple arithmetic?...Rather seek the HOLY SPIRIT to reveal these things to you (John 14:26)

Somone is called " the God Of Jesus Christ" in ephesian 1:17 , who is that person ?

1 Like

Re: Jehohava Witnesses, Please Explain This Scripture For Me!!!! by johnw74: 12:33am On Mar 19, 2015
CANTICLES:

Mr, Satan is called " THE GOD" , Humans are called " GODS" , angels are also called " GOD" . So why do u shout around when Jesus is also called GOD ? Whereas uv forgotten he is still under the authority of someone ( 1 cor 11:3)....

"Mr"
I wouldn't give satan a respected title or a capital "S".

You don't call Jesus God,
be truthful
you call Jesus a god

1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

The Word became man-the Son of God
Fathers are head of the Sons
when the Word became the Son He did not cease to be God, impossible.
Which is something sectarian orginisations don't and could not understand

The moment u can answer this question, ur eyes will open .

WHO is " the ONLY GOD" ?

WHO is " the True GOD" ?

The father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are the three persons in the Only God
the three persons are One God.
However your God and a god cannot be One God as the scriptures say,
your gods are two gods.

The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are three persons in the True God
However your God and a god cannot be "the" True God,
because your gods (God and a god) are two gods.

God's name is HAYAH in Hebrew as He said it to Moses, and it is I AM in English
and His name is "YHOVAH" in Hebrew, and as He said it to the Israelies

or JEHOVAH which is popular today, and is an English translation of the German name for "YHOVAH"
which was JEHOVA
It could be spelt and pronounced something else like YAHWEH or YEHOVAH or other still.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Provoking Blessings!!!!! / Was Adam Really 90ft Tall? Scientific Proof! / Will Mad People Go To Heaven Or Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.