Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

E. Fantasy(short Stories) - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / E. Fantasy(short Stories) (66057 Views)

Memoirs Of Blood And Steel ( A Fantasy Novel) / Mikumbi - An African Inspired Fantasy Short Story / 21 Horrifying Short Stories To Scare The Hell Out of You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by 0lushola(m): 1:18am On Jul 14, 2015
A lowprofile follower of this great writeup.. swithrt, keep it up. more updates in range i guess.
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Crixina(f): 9:00am On Jul 14, 2015
0lushola:
A lowprofile follower of this great writeup.. swithrt, keep it up. more updates in range i guess.
all kinds of followers are welcome. Yeah more updates.
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by xtremelygifted: 6:45pm On Jul 18, 2015
Alice must come out alive oh
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Crixina(f): 8:50am On Jul 23, 2015
I know some folks might be pissed or disappointed, but I really wish I could help these delays.

But I haven't abandoned this thread,it's not over until it is over. Next episode is revealing our mystery killer.
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by 0lushola(m): 10:24am On Jul 23, 2015
Crixina:
I know some folks might be pissed or disappointed, but I really wish I could help these delays.

But I haven't abandoned this thread,it's not over until it is over. Next episode is revealing our mystery killer.

since u'r back, can you complete the story pls.
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by biddieluvzyaho(f): 3:30pm On Jul 23, 2015
Crixina:

Crixina,pls nau,let's finish dis story,plsssssssss
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by dayojags10(m): 8:04pm On Jul 23, 2015
I wish I ddnt start this story. y'all story writer here can give one suspense
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Felinize: 4:09pm On Jul 25, 2015
The update is taking too long pls try and drop something for us
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Crixina(f): 8:05pm On Jul 26, 2015
Episode 7
I was locked up in that cell for three days, the only face I kept seeing was one of Lucas’s security aide or whatever he was, and that was because he kept bringing my meals, it was surprising that he wasn’t starving me like the first time he locked me up here, but it was frustrating that he kept me anxious by not showing up or making me know what he was going to do to me, not that the strong face guy who kept bringing my food said any word to me, all he did was bring in the food and take it out the dishes later, The first evening he brought in the food, I pounced on him like an angry dog, but he didn’t exert much energy overpowering and locking the door behind him, I kept screaming like a rabid dog, but after two days of screaming, no one told me to keep calm because it wasn’t yielding any result. At about the third day I wanted to establish a real conversation, I hadn’t spoken to anyone in three days, at least when I was first locked in here, Lucas came from time to time to interrogate me, and silently I wish he came.
You guys can’t keep me in here forever, I said, but he just took one look at me and turned around locking the door behind him, I felt like really punching him in face, at that point I could understand why most people that have been in solitary confinement rarely made it out sane, the silence is enough to drive one insane, but I realized that Lucas was playing his twisted game as usual, I was fed up, the anticipation of what he will do to me, I even started having nightmares of dead bodies by the beach, I realized I thought too much about what Amira and her friends told me Lucas does to people who mess with him, I thought about Elliot, he warned me, I told them not to contact me, will they figure out that I’m not okay? as much as I wanted to play Lucas’ game, I was so anxious to know what will happen next, I was still reveling in my thoughts when the metal door creaked open, it must have be Mr. straight face bringing my food,
You know keeping me here and feeding me shows that your boss or whoever he is to you doesn’t have a plan, I said thinking it was Mr. straight face again, but the air in the room felt different, the cologne, I could even feel the pride, I turned around, there he was, dressed in his favourite colour of black jean and a black polo, he looked good as usual, but devilish, he stood there looking at me with his dark piercing eyes, for a second there, I felt adrenaline rush through me, I couldn’t really tell if the expression on his face was that of anger,
Well, well, it’s about time you showed up, what do you hope to achieve by locking me in, I will suggest you go on with your plan that is if you even have one, because I will never tell you anything you evil son of a b.itch, I said summoning the last courage in me,
Do you mind if I smoke? He asked in a tone that almost made me explode me with anger, he took out one of those big cigars from his pocket and lighted it, who is putting you up to all these heroic acts you are trying to display? you see from the moment you walked into this place, I have been honest with you, but you were lying to me the whole time, you were betraying me, he said, sounding not angry,
What is he talking about and why does he sound cold and composed, he wasn’t some days ago, I thought, he shifted close to me puffing the cigar on my face,
I spat on his face, f.uck you! you can go ahead and do your worst, I said I’m not helping you, a sudden anger reflected on his face as he wiped the saliva off his face composing himself again,
Why would I kill you just yet, when I can torture whatever I want out of you, before killing you, he said clenching his teeth, for a second there, my courage disappeared and I could feel the fear again, but once again despite your treachery, I’m still going to be honest with you,
You don’t fool me Lucas, you don’t, you think I don’t know, you killed someone, pinned the murder on me, kidnapped and tortured my parents, tried to kill me why?, I could feel the tears holding up somewhere around my throat, I have spent the last few months of my life on the run because of you, the tears began streaming down my cheeks, my family is torn apart because of you, but you know what Lucas, I said wiping my tears, and my courage seemed to have bounced back, from the moment I walked in here, I was prepared for the worst, but I swear to you, I will make sure that I don’t go down alone, so the only thing you can do is to kill me right here and now or the slightest chance I get…I paused, giving him the evil smile he likes giving me,
Nicely stated, he said clapping in a mocking way, how do you intend to do that? Kill me exactly?
Okay, that is so not the point, he said in an attempt to make light of the situation which got me thinking again of why he is so composed and not angry, even after spilling my guts to him, even after making him realize my reason for being there, or did he already know I was lying to him the whole time, does he know about Elliot and the others? Are they safe? I felt a gripping fear surging through me,
Tell you what Alice, you are right about all you said, I’m evil, but I want you to know that I did all that for a reason, so now, if you just give me a chance to explain, I will let you out of this cell, you take a warm bath, then we sit and talk like civilized people over drinks,
What? Is he okay? What is he trying to do? He is up to something? i thought,
And why would i do that? I asked, because Alice, you didn’t pull all these stunts on your own, there are people on the outside helping you, I want to know their names and in return I will still stand on every promise I made to you, he said squatting in front of me, revealing the gun, tucked neatly in the waist part of his jean,
If Lucas is asking for names, that means he hasn’t figured out Elliot and the rest, this is a good thing, I could feel a little bit of relief, and if I accept his offer, I could get a better chance of getting out of here or at least warn the others, but I can’t trust Lucas, he is up to something, I have to be very careful, I thought,
So what do you say? Lucas asked as he stood up, fine, I agree, I said, composing myself so as not to give up my intention, he turned around as I quickly grabbed the gun from his waist pointing it at him,
What the hell are you doing Alice?
Turn around you son of a b.itch, you think you can fool me? You never even denied my accusations, which means you tried to kill me, you put me and my family through a whole lot, now where the f.uck are my parents?
Drop the gun! He said, I could feel the fear in his voice, as I held it firmly closer to his face, even if you shoot me and make it out of this room, do you think you can make it out of the building?
Oh I can! You underestimate me,
So what now? He asked, reminding me that I don’t have a plan, how could I have had a plan when grabbing the gun was just an impulsive action, but I had to do something fast, I thought,
Now call off your guys in the hallway, I’m sure one or two might be there, go ahead, I lifted the gun again to his face, divert their attention somewhere, now!
There is nobody in the hallway; Max and peter are in the technical room,
Great! So they are watching us from Technical?
No, I asked them to turn the camera in here off,
You are lying! I screamed,
I’m not Alice, trust me, you don’t want to shoot me, you don’t have it in you, I know you couldn’t have come up with all these on your own…
Shut up you son of a b.itch, I screamed,
Alice, drop the gun!
shut up, I screamed again and with anger I aimed the gun at his leg and pulled the trigger, but it got jammed, I pressed it again, it was still jammed, that’s when I realized what was going on, there were no bullets in it,
Lucas broke into a hysterical laughter, Alice; you try so hard, so so hard, you know this is why I like you, you are strong and feisty as hell, I rushed towards him, but he flung me in a way that I landed so hard on the bunk bed hitting my back, while he rushed towards me pinning me to the bed, you think I will leave a loaded gun like that, how stupid do you think I am, it was a test Alice and you failed he said through clenched teeth, then he broke free from me, as I sat up panting and coughing,
I knew if I made you that offer, you will jump at it, because it will give you a chance to strategize, so I knew the odds, but I was really hoping you wouldn’t try something stupid, so I decided to test you and you failed, but you know what? My offer still stands and this time don’t be stupid, or I will kill you without thinking, he clenched his teeth again,
I will never help you, I said clenching my teeth too,
Oh! You will, not just yet, you will even beg me to take my offer, give it time, he said walking towards the door, while I kept screaming I will never help you until I broke into tears as I heard the metal door close. The days dragged like an old woman, I could have sworn I had been there for a year; I kept remembering Lucas’ words that I would beg to see him, I didn’t want to give him that satisfaction, but I didn’t also have a plan, I was clinging unto the hope that Elliot and the rest would figure out everything and come for me, but I also knew that it was a one out of ten chance, with every passing day, my courage seemed to grow weaker, I couldn’t hold it anymore, I remember saying to the straight face guy,
Okay, tell Lucas I’m ready to talk, I said it with the last bit of pride left in me, I wasn’t expecting an answer from straight face guy, because I knew he would not talk to me, I was expecting Lucas to show up which he didn’t, straight face guy kept coming and going, I had even lost my appetite for food,
Hey! Did you give my message to your boss? I asked with arrogance, he didn’t reply, you think I care about this stupid food? I said kicking the food tray away, but he silently closed the door behind him, I realized what Lucas’ words meant, that I would beg to see him, is this his way of making me beg?
By frustrating me, if it is, then it’s working, I thought as I looked at the food I kicked away, my stomach grumbled and I regretted my action immediately as tears sprang to my eyes.
I didn’t hear from Lucas not until three days later when I was frustrated up to the point I couldn’t hold myself anymore, I began crying wailing and screaming, it was way past my breakfast time, straight face didn’t bring my food, I was beginning to wonder what’s going on because I was extremely hungry, but then the door creaked open, instead of the straight face guy, it was Max, the guy that follows Lucas around,
Lucas wants to see you. Max said with a straight face, I almost couldn’t believe my ears, I couldn’t believe that I was excited about meeting the guy I hated with all my guts, I didn’t even think of what he might do to me, because something in my guts kept telling me that Lucas would not hurt me at least not as far as he doesn’t know who I’m working with, and I hoped he will not find out anytime soon.
Max led me straight to the apartment I occupied, for a moment I wanted to ask him why he brought me there, Adeline was there, immediately she saw me, her eyes lit up, I couldn’t tell why exactly, but it was partly relief and partly happiness, she didn’t quite know what to say, so she managed a soft good morning, the shower is ready, and I will still be here by the time you get out in case you need anything, I didn’t know what to say to her too, so I walked past her into the bathroom, I noticed that Max didn’t leave the door, in fact he left it open, I’m sure they were worried that I might pull a stunt, I wasn’t sure I could even if I had the chance. The feel of the warm water on my body was indescribable, water is indeed life, I thought as I wiped the water off my body, I soon realized that part of my frustration might have come from not having had a shower for about a week, because as I stepped out of the bathroom it was as if a large fog hovering over me has just cleared off, I was less angry, less frustrated, I could even feel my brain think again. Adeline was sitting on the bed; Max was still by the door,
Do you mind? I need to change, I snapped at Max who gave me a little smirk and shifted away from the door. Your clothes are here, make ups, shoes… Adeline scurried around in a nervous uncomfortable way.
Adeline! I snapped, have got this, okay. I’m sorry; I said realizing I just snapped at her, I’m just tired,
It’s okay, just get dressed, I’m sure Lucas is waiting for you, she said in a soft tone, then she turned out into the hallway, it didn’t take me twenty minutes to get dressed, I wore a grey sweater and a black jean with boots, I didn’t bother applying makeup, I just tied up my hair in a bun, and stepped out of the door, immediately Max saw me, he moved, I didn’t need to be told I had to follow him, as usual the breakfast table was set with Lucas sitting relaxed in one of the chairs he was looking businesslike with his Jacket, white shirt and black tie, my stomach turned immediately I saw him,
Does this i.diot expect me to eat with him, I thought, but I quickly dismissed that thought, I wasn’t about to do anything that will get me thrown back into that room, so I took my seat facing him, I kept a straight face and he did too.
Now let’s be clear, if you try to do anything, I mean anything stupid like what you did the last time I will kill you, he said clenching his teeth, but I ignored his threat,
Where are the hell are my parents, what have you done to them?
But he banged the table and carried the table knife in a way that spooked me; I said do you understand me? I could see the darkness in his eyes,
Yes I do,
I’m so going to love putting a bullet in this a.sshole’ head, I thought as I struggled to bottle up my anger.
If you try to call or text anyone from this place I would know, and I will kill you, if you to try to run, I will kill you, you will do as I say until I figure out what to do with you. Now eat, we have some things to do today. He said.
What things? I thought, but I dare not ask him, I was at least relieved, because I knew he isn’t going to hurt me, we ate in silence, until his voice broke the silence,
I didn’t kidnap your parents; he said with a straight face, I chuckled,
Yeah, yeah, my grandmother is a virgin, I thought, you expect me to believe that? I asked, I so wanted to tell him that I know he did, I saw your car at Evans’ funeral, I know about Naomi, in fact I know about you more than you think, I so wanted to tell him how I know, but I couldn’t do it without implicating Elliot and the rest, so I decided to swallow my next statement.
No, I don’t, because it doesn’t matter, by the time I’m done with you, it won’t matter, he replied,
What the hell did he mean by that? I didn’t asked, we both finished our breakfast, come on he said, I stood up and followed him like a puppy while Max and two other guys joined us, we took the elevator, we were soon in a hallway I have never used since I got here, we walked down the long hallway and then turned left and descended down a staircase, I was beginning to get scared where is he taking me to, I’m sure if anything happened to me here, nobody will ever find out, what does he have planned out? I was itching to ask him, but the fear in me swallowed all my courage,
As we went further, this place was beginning to seem familiar, I haven’t been here before but it felt like I knew where we were. Then there it was written boldly on the main entrance door SB3.
My voice almost betrayed me, this was where Amira and her friends talked about, the restricted area, I knew it felt familiar, i must have caught a glimpse of it in Trevor’s office on the screen before he turned it off, we walked further and came to a stop at a large iron door like a mini gate, up on the entrance was also boldly written THE TANK.

1 Like

Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Crixina(f): 8:10pm On Jul 26, 2015
i have been trying to update, but i dont know what is going on, will keep trying.
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Crixina(f): 8:11pm On Jul 26, 2015
Episode 7
I was locked up in that cell for three days, the only face I kept seeing was one of Lucas’s security aide or whatever he was, and that was because he kept bringing my meals, it was surprising that he wasn’t starving me like the first time he locked me up here, but it was frustrating that he kept me anxious by not showing up or making me know what he was going to do to me, not that the strong face guy who kept bringing my food said any word to me, all he did was bring in the food and take it out the dishes later, The first evening he brought in the food, I pounced on him like an angry dog, but he didn’t exert much energy overpowering and locking the door behind him, I kept screaming like a rabid dog, but after two days of screaming, no one told me to keep calm because it wasn’t yielding any result. At about the third day I wanted to establish a real conversation, I hadn’t spoken to anyone in three days, at least when I was first locked in here, Lucas came from time to time to interrogate me, and silently I wish he came.
You guys can’t keep me in here forever, I said, but he just took one look at me and turned around locking the door behind him, I felt like really punching him in face, at that point I could understand why most people that have been in solitary confinement rarely made it out sane, the silence is enough to drive one insane, but I realized that Lucas was playing his twisted game as usual, I was fed up, the anticipation of what he will do to me, I even started having nightmares of dead bodies by the beach, I realized I thought too much about what Amira and her friends told me Lucas does to people who mess with him, I thought about Elliot, he warned me, I told them not to contact me, will they figure out that I’m not okay? as much as I wanted to play Lucas’ game, I was so anxious to know what will happen next, I was still reveling in my thoughts when the metal door creaked open, it must have be Mr. straight face bringing my food,
You know keeping me here and feeding me shows that your boss or whoever he is to you doesn’t have a plan, I said thinking it was Mr. straight face again, but the air in the room felt different, the cologne, I could even feel the pride, I turned around, there he was, dressed in his favourite colour of black jean and a black polo, he looked good as usual, but devilish, he stood there looking at me with his dark piercing eyes, for a second there, I felt adrenaline rush through me, I couldn’t really tell if the expression on his face was that of anger,
Well, well, it’s about time you showed up, what do you hope to achieve by locking me in, I will suggest you go on with your plan that is if you even have one, because I will never tell you anything you evil son of a b.itch, I said summoning the last courage in me,
Do you mind if I smoke? He asked in a tone that almost made me explode me with anger, he took out one of those big cigars from his pocket and lighted it, who is putting you up to all these heroic acts you are trying to display? you see from the moment you walked into this place, I have been honest with you, but you were lying to me the whole time, you were betraying me, he said, sounding not angry,
What is he talking about and why does he sound cold and composed, he wasn’t some days ago, I thought, he shifted close to me puffing the cigar on my face,
I spat on his face, f.uck you! you can go ahead and do your worst, I said I’m not helping you, a sudden anger reflected on his face as he wiped the saliva off his face composing himself again,
Why would I kill you just yet, when I can torture whatever I want out of you, before killing you, he said clenching his teeth, for a second there, my courage disappeared and I could feel the fear again, but once again despite your treachery, I’m still going to be honest with you,
You don’t fool me Lucas, you don’t, you think I don’t know, you killed someone, pinned the murder on me, kidnapped and tortured my parents, tried to kill me why?, I could feel the tears holding up somewhere around my throat, I have spent the last few months of my life on the run because of you, the tears began streaming down my cheeks, my family is torn apart because of you, but you know what Lucas, I said wiping my tears, and my courage seemed to have bounced back, from the moment I walked in here, I was prepared for the worst, but I swear to you, I will make sure that I don’t go down alone, so the only thing you can do is to kill me right here and now or the slightest chance I get…I paused, giving him the evil smile he likes giving me,
Nicely stated, he said clapping in a mocking way, how do you intend to do that? Kill me exactly?
Okay, that is so not the point, he said in an attempt to make light of the situation which got me thinking again of why he is so composed and not angry, even after spilling my guts to him, even after making him realize my reason for being there, or did he already know I was lying to him the whole time, does he know about Elliot and the others? Are they safe? I felt a gripping fear surging through me,
Tell you what Alice, you are right about all you said, I’m evil, but I want you to know that I did all that for a reason, so now, if you just give me a chance to explain, I will let you out of this cell, you take a warm bath, then we sit and talk like civilized people over drinks,
What? Is he okay? What is he trying to do? He is up to something? i thought,
And why would i do that? I asked, because Alice, you didn’t pull all these stunts on your own, there are people on the outside helping you, I want to know their names and in return I will still stand on every promise I made to you, he said squatting in front of me, revealing the gun, tucked neatly in the waist part of his jean,
If Lucas is asking for names, that means he hasn’t figured out Elliot and the rest, this is a good thing, I could feel a little bit of relief, and if I accept his offer, I could get a better chance of getting out of here or at least warn the others, but I can’t trust Lucas, he is up to something, I have to be very careful, I thought,
So what do you say? Lucas asked as he stood up, fine, I agree, I said, composing myself so as not to give up my intention, he turned around as I quickly grabbed the gun from his waist pointing it at him,
What the hell are you doing Alice?
Turn around you son of a b.itch, you think you can fool me? You never even denied my accusations, which means you tried to kill me, you put me and my family through a whole lot, now where the f.uck are my parents?
Drop the gun! He said, I could feel the fear in his voice, as I held it firmly closer to his face, even if you shoot me and make it out of this room, do you think you can make it out of the building?
Oh I can! You underestimate me,
So what now? He asked, reminding me that I don’t have a plan, how could I have had a plan when grabbing the gun was just an impulsive action, but I had to do something fast, I thought,
Now call off your guys in the hallway, I’m sure one or two might be there, go ahead, I lifted the gun again to his face, divert their attention somewhere, now!
There is nobody in the hallway; Max and peter are in the technical room,
Great! So they are watching us from Technical?
No, I asked them to turn the camera in here off,
You are lying! I screamed,
I’m not Alice, trust me, you don’t want to shoot me, you don’t have it in you, I know you couldn’t have come up with all these on your own…
Shut up you son of a b.itch, I screamed,
Alice, drop the gun!
shut up, I screamed again and with anger I aimed the gun at his leg and pulled the trigger, but it got jammed, I pressed it again, it was still jammed, that’s when I realized what was going on, there were no bullets in it,
Lucas broke into a hysterical laughter, Alice; you try so hard, so so hard, you know this is why I like you, you are strong and feisty as hell, I rushed towards him, but he flung me in a way that I landed so hard on the bunk bed hitting my back, while he rushed towards me pinning me to the bed, you think I will leave a loaded gun like that, how stupid do you think I am, it was a test Alice and you failed he said through clenched teeth, then he broke free from me, as I sat up panting and coughing,
I knew if I made you that offer, you will jump at it, because it will give you a chance to strategize, so I knew the odds, but I was really hoping you wouldn’t try something stupid, so I decided to test you and you failed, but you know what? My offer still stands and this time don’t be stupid, or I will kill you without thinking, he clenched his teeth again,
I will never help you, I said clenching my teeth too,
Oh! You will, not just yet, you will even beg me to take my offer, give it time, he said walking towards the door, while I kept screaming I will never help you until I broke into tears as I heard the metal door close. The days dragged like an old woman, I could have sworn I had been there for a year; I kept remembering Lucas’ words that I would beg to see him, I didn’t want to give him that satisfaction, but I didn’t also have a plan, I was clinging unto the hope that Elliot and the rest would figure out everything and come for me, but I also knew that it was a one out of ten chance, with every passing day, my courage seemed to grow weaker, I couldn’t hold it anymore, I remember saying to the straight face guy,
Okay, tell Lucas I’m ready to talk, I said it with the last bit of pride left in me, I wasn’t expecting an answer from straight face guy, because I knew he would not talk to me, I was expecting Lucas to show up which he didn’t, straight face guy kept coming and going, I had even lost my appetite for food,
Hey! Did you give my message to your boss? I asked with arrogance, he didn’t reply, you think I care about this stupid food? I said kicking the food tray away, but he silently closed the door behind him, I realized what Lucas’ words meant, that I would beg to see him, is this his way of making me beg?
By frustrating me, if it is, then it’s working, I thought as I looked at the food I kicked away, my stomach grumbled and I regretted my action immediately as tears sprang to my eyes.
I didn’t hear from Lucas not until three days later when I was frustrated up to the point I couldn’t hold myself anymore, I began crying wailing and screaming, it was way past my breakfast time, straight face didn’t bring my food, I was beginning to wonder what’s going on because I was extremely hungry, but then the door creaked open, instead of the straight face guy, it was Max, the guy that follows Lucas around,
Lucas wants to see you. Max said with a straight face, I almost couldn’t believe my ears, I couldn’t believe that I was excited about meeting the guy I hated with all my guts, I didn’t even think of what he might do to me, because something in my guts kept telling me that Lucas would not hurt me at least not as far as he doesn’t know who I’m working with, and I hoped he will not find out anytime soon.
Max led me straight to the apartment I occupied, for a moment I wanted to ask him why he brought me there, Adeline was there, immediately she saw me, her eyes lit up, I couldn’t tell why exactly, but it was partly relief and partly happiness, she didn’t quite know what to say, so she managed a soft good morning, the shower is ready, and I will still be here by the time you get out in case you need anything, I didn’t know what to say to her too, so I walked past her into the bathroom, I noticed that Max didn’t leave the door, in fact he left it open, I’m sure they were worried that I might pull a stunt, I wasn’t sure I could even if I had the chance. The feel of the warm water on my body was indescribable, water is indeed life, I thought as I wiped the water off my body, I soon realized that part of my frustration might have come from not having had a shower for about a week, because as I stepped out of the bathroom it was as if a large fog hovering over me has just cleared off, I was less angry, less frustrated, I could even feel my brain think again. Adeline was sitting on the bed; Max was still by the door,
Do you mind? I need to change, I snapped at Max who gave me a little smirk and shifted away from the door. Your clothes are here, make ups, shoes… Adeline scurried around in a nervous uncomfortable way.
Adeline! I snapped, have got this, okay. I’m sorry; I said realizing I just snapped at her, I’m just tired,
It’s okay, just get dressed, I’m sure Lucas is waiting for you, she said in a soft tone, then she turned out into the hallway, it didn’t take me twenty minutes to get dressed, I wore a grey sweater and a black jean with boots, I didn’t bother applying makeup, I just tied up my hair in a bun, and stepped out of the door, immediately Max saw me, he moved, I didn’t need to be told I had to follow him, as usual the breakfast table was set with Lucas sitting relaxed in one of the chairs he was looking businesslike with his Jacket, white shirt and black tie, my stomach turned immediately I saw him,
Does this i.diot expect me to eat with him, I thought, but I quickly dismissed that thought, I wasn’t about to do anything that will get me thrown back into that room, so I took my seat facing him, I kept a straight face and he did too.
Now let’s be clear, if you try to do anything, I mean anything stupid like what you did the last time I will kill you, he said clenching his teeth, but I ignored his threat,
Where are the hell are my parents, what have you done to them?
But he banged the table and carried the table knife in a way that spooked me; I said do you understand me? I could see the darkness in his eyes,
Yes I do,
I’m so going to love putting a bullet in this a.sshole’ head, I thought as I struggled to bottle up my anger.
If you try to call or text anyone from this place I would know, and I will kill you, if you to try to run, I will kill you, you will do as I say until I figure out what to do with you. Now eat, we have some things to do today. He said.
What things? I thought, but I dare not ask him, I was at least relieved, because I knew he isn’t going to hurt me, we ate in silence, until his voice broke the silence,
I didn’t kidnap your parents; he said with a straight face, I chuckled,
Yeah, yeah, my grandmother is a virgin, I thought, you expect me to believe that? I asked, I so wanted to tell him that I know he did, I saw your car at Evans’ funeral, I know about Naomi, in fact I know about you more than you think, I so wanted to tell him how I know, but I couldn’t do it without implicating Elliot and the rest, so I decided to swallow my next statement.
No, I don’t, because it doesn’t matter, by the time I’m done with you, it won’t matter, he replied,
What the hell did he mean by that? I didn’t asked, we both finished our breakfast, come on he said, I stood up and followed him like a puppy while Max and two other guys joined us, we took the elevator, we were soon in a hallway I have never used since I got here, we walked down the long hallway and then turned left and descended down a staircase, I was beginning to get scared where is he taking me to, I’m sure if anything happened to me here, nobody will ever find out, what does he have planned out? I was itching to ask him, but the fear in me swallowed all my courage,
As we went further, this place was beginning to seem familiar, I haven’t been here before but it felt like I knew where we were. Then there it was written boldly on the main entrance door SB3.
My voice almost betrayed me, this was where Amira and her friends talked about, the restricted area, I knew it felt familiar, i must have caught a glimpse of it in Trevor’s office on the screen before he turned it off, we walked further and came to a stop at a large iron door like a mini gate, up on the entrance was also boldly written THE TANK.

2 Likes

Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Crixina(f): 8:31pm On Jul 26, 2015
Oh my God! Jerry told me about this place, this is probably where he is keeping my parents, why is he bringing me here? Are my parents dead? Oh no! No! No! don’t think of that, there are not, does he want to lock me up with them, I could feel my fear mingling with my tears they flowed slowly down my cheeks, no! no! Alice, don’t cry, you have to hold it together. All these were my thoughts, but the Iron door was rolled open and there was another glass door that slide open as we stood before it.
I came into a large hall that looked like a laboratory, the last time I saw some of those equipment was in my senior secondary one when I opted out for arts, it was actually the last time I visited a chemistry laboratory, I couldn’t even make sense of what I saw, it was as if my brain was transported out of my body, there were about seven guys and a lady, they were all dressed like doctors with lab coats, nose masks and white rubber gloves.
Alice! Alice!
Yes, I replied, and I realized Lucas had been calling me; I must have been lost for a while, here! Put this on, he handed me the nose mask, I realized they were all on nose mask even Max and the other two guys with us, the other guys we met were busy, something like distillation was going on, bubbling liquid, heating, stuffs that I think will only happen in a lab, others were transporting stuff in cartons to an inner apartment in the same hall, I couldn’t hold my curiosity again, I walked up to Lucas, I removed my nose mask because I was almost choking on it,
What is going on here?
If I were you, I will put that mask back on, what is this? I pointed to a vacuum that was kind of heating up, my head instantly felt heavy, it was as if Lucas noticed it, he collected the mask and put it back on my nose and dragged me into the inner room where pile of cartons were stocked.
What is going on here? I asked, it’s a laboratory as you can see, he replied,
I can see that, but what sort of lab? He chuckled, but I rushed, opening one of the cartons,
don’t touch that, he screamed, inside the cartons were white nylons that contained brown substance,
What the hell is this? I asked with eyes wide open, I may not have known what that was, but I had a feeling,
Drugs! Hard drugs! He replied sharply, my eyes popped open, you mean… like… I couldn’t even get the words out of my mouth, I didn’t know the right question to ask, I could see the amusement in his eyes, you mean like heroin? I spat out the word at last,
Way tougher babe, this is locally made, from the strongest of our herbs and leaves, you know we Africans are truly blessed, but we don’t know it, this is a blend of some many things which makes it quite exceptional, something our white friends are paying so much to have, he smiled satisfactorily like he just finish giving a lecture on the discovery of a cure to cancer and Aids, I was still in my state of shock when he made a quick call to someone, I didn’t even know that the basement we were in opened up into the sea when ten minutes later, some guys in a boat arrived and loaded the cartons on their boat and sailed away. I was still dumbfounded even after we got to the penthouse, I couldn’t really think in a particular direction, Lucas was more devilish than I thought, I knew he traded drugs in here, but I didn’t have the slightest idea that he made them himself, what the hell are our law enforcement agents doing?
Here! He handed me a glass of scotch, I didn’t say no, because I needed it, what kind of drug is that? I finally decided the order of my question because I had too many, I didn’t know which one to ask first,

Mescaline! He replied, Mesca what? Oh! It’s not really that though, but I choose to call it that because of the final touch it gives to my stuff,
What touch? I asked, the hallucinatory effect, giving me a grin, it adds to the highness, he winked at me, a little over of a small quantity can either make you go loco or send you on an errand to your ancestors, it is highly concentrated, he said without any emotions,
Tell me what do you think? He asked in an attempt to shake me,
What do I think? You produce something that is against the law and harmful to fellow human beings and you don’t care at all, do you know how many people will die or have already died from this evil you are doing? I don’t think you really want to know what I think,
no, Alice, I didn’t mean what you think of my business, or should I ask what you feel about discovering THE TANK isn’t what you thought it was, that your parents aren’t there or that it is not a place I keep hostages,
I almost spilled my drink, how the hell did he know, is he reading my mind? Or has he been able to figure out Elliot and the others,
Are you disappointed or shocked? If you are, then you are right to be, because you are about to discover more shocking things in the weeks to come.
What does he mean by that? I thought, here! He handed me my tab, go ahead and tell whoever you are working for that you are fine, because I’m sure if they don’t hear from you in weeks, they will come looking for you, and I don’t want that, I don’t want anyone interrupting the fun we are about to have, Lucas said, why would I do that? I asked, my courage had suddenly returned, or you want me to contact them, so you can track them down, I won’t do that.
Lucas grinned and shifted close to me, do you really think Alice that I don’t know who you work for? I told you this is a game, and it just got more fun, so go ahead and send the damn message, he screamed. My courage suddenly disappeared again,
Is he serious? Does he know about Elliot and the rest, no, he doesn’t, he is just trying to intimidate me to tell him, I thought, but I did as he told me, I quickly accessed the hidden folders on my tab, Jerry came up almost immediately, I acted normal, giving away nothing, even when he kept pressing to find out if i was okay, I told him I was fine, but I so wanted to tell him I wasn’t, but I couldn’t because Lucas’ eyes were on me, and I didn’t want to get him angry after all the threats he had made, especially if he knew about them, I signed off and Lucas collected the tab from me,
You can go now, have fun! He said with that expression that showed he was hiding something, but remember if you try to leave or contact anyone via text or call or any means, I will kill all of you.
As I took the elevator down, I pondered over Lucas’ words, “You think I don’t know who you work for… I will kill all of you…” what is he up to? I was lost, I needed someone to talk to because I was going insane, and who do I talk to right now, at least someone to have a normal conversation with before I go crazy, because as it was, I had that tendency.
I stopped at the lounge, I barely walked in when I saw Amira, oh thank God, I murmured, I know she wasn’t the kind of person I would have loved to talk to, but I didn’t mind, Amira! Amira! I screamed as I saw her collect a big bottle of McDowell striding fast across the hall, Amira! I shouted once again,
What! She snapped at once and turned, oh! It’s you Alice, I’m sorry,
Are you having a bad day? I asked,
if you are, then we both should talk, I thought, yeah it was good until thirty minutes ago, she replied, I could feel the anger in her voice, c’mon what’s wrong, I asked going close to her,
That b.itch is back, just when I thought I was gaining Lucas’ attention, she popped up, why couldn’t she just die from that gunshot or whatever?
Okay, slow down Amira, who are we talking about here?
Who else? That bi.tch Naomi, my heart stopped for a few seconds on hearing her name, i just stared at Amira with my mouth open, I realized she was still talking, but I couldn’t make sense of what she was saying until I heard are you okay,
Yes, yes, I’m okay, I chuckled a bit to hide my obvious expression, I regained my composure, don’t worry Amira, I’m sure she doesn’t stand a chance, she smiled as if I had just fixed all her problems,
Hey, I heard you got in trouble with Lucas? She whispered, no, don’t worry, I’m fine, I said waving my hands as it was nothing, so where is the b.itch Naomi anyway? I asked, let me go check if she even stands a chance against you, I added, chuckling, to erase her suspicion,
She is in Lucas’ private lounge, she’s here just thirty minutes, yet she seems to be all over the place, is Lucas in there? I asked,
No, I don’t think so, she replied, Amira I will see you later, I bolted away not caring if she will suspect me or not.
I stood outside Lucas’ private lounge contemplating if to go in or not, I kept seeing flashing images of what Naomi and her people did to me, I felt fear and pain at the same time, I just wanted to get in there and strangle her, my courage decided to show up at the right time. I pressed the button, the door slide open, there she was, backing me, I didn’t know what she was staring at, but for some reason she didn’t turn when I stepped in,
She was wearing a fitted red gown with a big V shape opening at the back, it showed her curves, i stood there for about two seconds, and she didn’t turn, is she expecting me? Is she prepared for me? I thought,
Hey, we meet again; this time in a more con… my words were cut short when she turned,
Who are you? She asked,
I wasn’t sure if I was disappointed or relieved or angry, she wasn’t the person I thought her to be, this face was completely different, she had an oblong face which matched her sharp nose and bright eyes, it’s no wonder Amira feels threatened by her, but more importantly she isn’t the Naomi I thought her to be.
I’m Alice, I managed to speak finally, but she just smiled, Lucas always love them hot and cool, nice to meet you Alice, I’m Naomi, she said stretching out her hands which I reluctantly took, then without waiting another second I bolted out straight to my apartment. What game is Lucas playing?
What does he think he is doing? I laid down there lost in thought until I dozed off.
When I woke up, everywhere was dark, I wondered how long I had slept, I felt more relaxed and light, it was already eight P. M, so I rushed into the shower, came out, changed into short gown that rarely went beyond my thighs, wore a sandal and stepped out, first I needed to eat, then get myself drunk, because I knew I might not be able to sleep after having slept that long in the day, and not being able to sleep meant thinking all through the night, that, I didn’t like. I made my way straight to the ground floor, the main club, I didn’t bother looking for Lucas or Adeline or anybody, and I was trying to put away the craziness of the day. The club was hitting up already with the tons of people pushing in, I totally forgot about food, I walked up to the bar, there was the guy I met the first day, but for some reason he wasn’t comfortable with me like he was the first day,
Oh! I get it, word’s out that I’m Lucas’ whatever, so he kept a professional look, and then he pulled out a bottle of Carlo Rossi and placed it before me, I would have loved that, but I needed to initiate a conversation to be sure why he isn’t comfortable,
I didn’t ask for this, I was blunt, Lucas wanted me to give you that, if you ever came around, he said giving me a soft smile,
Off course he did, I murmured, then grabbed the bottle and walked away to an empty table, after two glasses, the sudden urge to step into the dance floor came on me, but just when I was about getting up, I felt a hand touch me on the shoulder.
I didn’t know if it was the alcohol or I was hallucinating, but I think the face I saw was Sam’s, I almost lost balance, but I recovered almost immediately, I pulled him by the hand to the bathroom, at least that was one place I knew there was just one camera facing the entrance, I pushed him to the wall where the camera might not capture us,
Sam… what… I mean…how? I didn’t even know the right question to ask,
What the hell are you doing here? His tone seemed angry, Sam, you have to believe me, I did not kill Evans, I would never do anything like that,
Alice, I know you did not, for one second there, I didn’t know if he was being serious, I know you did not kill Evans, that’s why I’m wondering what you are doing here, you should be out of town,
What? You believe me? How?
Look, the night Evans was shot, his neighbours confirmed that a green colour Nissan pathfinder drove into his place, about thirty minutes later, they heard a gunshot, so they were scared to go out, they thought perhaps they were robbers, but immediately after the gunshot sound, the Nissan quickly drove out, but I didn’t really understand all this until I met Fred your neighbour few weeks ago, he then paused, I was anxious,
So you met Fred, and?
Fred told me that at about nine P.M, a certain green colour Nissan pathfinder drove into your compound and made straight for your apartment, somehow found a way in, so he thought perhaps you were the one, so he came to check on you, but when he met this guy that was busy turning your apartment upside down, so he wanted to scream because he also thought it was a robbery, but the guy pointed a gun at him, and ordered him to lie down till he left the apartment, Alice that was about thirty minutes after Evans was killed, maybe you were also a target. I could feel the blood freeze in my body,
Sam, why didn’t you guys go to the police, I said raising my voice, calm down Alice, I didn’t know any of this until three weeks ago when I met Fred, besides Fred was scared to death, you know what our police force is like, and they might turn the whole thing against you. But the big question is what are you doing here, don’t you think you might be in danger?
Sam, it’s a very long story and I got no time, I said scanning my environment, but believe it or not, I think I know who killed Evans, that’s why I’m here,
What? i.. mean…he wanted to ask more questions, but I interrupted, like I said I don’t have time, do you have a pen? I asked,
Errrm.. he stammered, searching his pockets for one, then found it, I stretched out my palms, write your number here, he hurriedly did, Sam, I will talk to you later, I bolted away, while he tried to speak but I was already out of earshot.
I made straight for the private lounge where I knew Lucas will be, the lady I met in the afternoon was sitting in one of the couches, I ignored her and made straight to the large red couch where Lucas was sitting,
You think you can fool me? you can’t, whatever game you are playing, I will find out what you did you son of a b.itch and when I do you will pay, I am no more scared of you, you can go ahead and lock me up, kill me, but I promise you, I will get to the root of this, I found myself screaming, my voice echoed as the soft music that was playing in the lounge had suddenly stopped, I was enraged, I had never been that way in a long time, I couldn’t even remember when I was that angry,
What’s going on here? The lady asked from my back, oh! You stay out of this missy, I screamed at her, but she shifted closer, while Lucas calmly stood signaling her to back off,
You are quite angry Alice, I can see that, he said, I didn’t know when I picked up the bottle of bourbon on the table and swung it so fast that it almost got to him, but he ducked and it landed on the wall splattering around,
Naomi quickly ran towards me screaming as she pushed me to the couch, I punched her as we engaged in a serious fight, I couldn’t believe what I was doing, she fought like someone who had been trained, like Gloria did the first time we engaged in a fight, but the more surprising thing was the way I defended myself, I didn’t know all of Jerry’s training paid off until that moment, Naomi was actually doing good, until I kicked her making her lose her balance, she fell to the ground while she tried to retrieved a knife that was tucked to her boots, but I pressed her hands down, while I reached out to grab the knife, we were both struggling when we heard a gunshot in the air,
Enough you two! Lucas screamed while two security aides restrained restrained both of us,
Lucas who is this b.itch? I thought you said she was just some cheap w.hore, she doesn’t fight like one, she said panting,
Oh! Yeah you are the cheap wh.ore I replied,
Max, take Naomi out, Alice stay, let’s fix this once and for all, Lucas added,
Yeah it’s about time you started talking, I snapped, arranging my strayed hair while putting myself back together,
You are angry because you are beginning to see the possibility of the fact that I’m not guilty of all you are accusing me of, you are beginning to see that I don’t have your parents, and you are scared of what more you are about to find, that is the real reason you are angry,
Don’t play games with me Lucas, I snapped, No I’m not, and you know it, he cut in, first this morning, you discovered that THE TANK wasn’t what you thought it to be, you thought it was where I held your parents hostage, you didn’t recover from that shock when you met Naomi, she wasn’t the person you thought her to be right?
What are you talking about? If you have something to say, why not say it fast, and stop playing games with me, I snapped again,
No, I won’t Alice, you are going to figure this out on your own, and finally tonight as fate will have it, you met Sam,
How do you know Sam? I screamed, not being able to contain the fact that Lucas knew everything I thought was a secret, tell me what you know now! I said banging my fist on the table; I could even feel the edge in my voice,
NO! I WON’T, he screamed back at me, I told you Alice, and you are a smart girl, THINK! Use your brain like you did the first time you figured out a way to come to me, figure out who did this because the only thing I can tell you now is that I didn’t kidnap your parents, and that you are starting to know that, but you don’t want to accept it because it’s too hard, if you accept that now, it will mean that everything you have believed in the past months, every hope you have held unto, every anger you have felt towards me, every chance of revenge will be gone and you will be left with nothing,
Shut up! I screamed,
No, I won’t Lucas said,
I said shut up, I screamed again,
Alice, face the truth, open your eyes,
Shut up, I screamed, launching myself towards him, but he restrained me in such a way that I couldn’t fight anymore, I just broke into tears I believed had been building up in the past hours, while he gently let me down slowly unto the cold marble floor,
Open your eyes wide Alice, the truth is staring you in the face, he held my chin up so that I’m facing him, staring at me were those dark eyes,
Search! Think! I’m sure you will find the answer, if you will excuse me, I have a business meeting to attend to, he said as he turned and headed for the door,
One more thing Alice, he added without turning to look at me,
I don’t bleeping drive a Nissan Pathfinder, it’s an ugly car.

4 Likes

Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Mario1983(m): 10:58pm On Jul 26, 2015
wow well written, the plot is getting ticker I wonder who has Alice parents hmm they suspect Elliot oh hmmm
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Crixina(f): 5:46am On Jul 27, 2015
Sorry guys, I tried to post a lot more yesterday but network messed up my plans, I will try again later today, I really hope it works.

1 Like

Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Galaxdiva(f): 8:24am On Jul 27, 2015
Pls oooo.... Kip postin inorder to make up for d tyms u werent around..... Tnx dear@crixina....
Lemme call on other monikers...
Onemansquad,simpledawg,adeh39,shebarh,kitme....when u get here,call on others too...
Am comin bak and hope to meet more updates

cc: lalasticlala come over and see this,u wil b thrilled
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Onemansquad(m): 8:32am On Jul 27, 2015
Galaxdiva:
Pls oooo.... Kip postin inorder to make up for d tyms u werent around..... Tnx dear@crixina....
Lemme call on other monikers...
Onemansquad,simpledawg,adeh39,shebarh,kitme....when u get here,call on others too...
Am comin bak and hope to meet more updates

cc: lalasticlala come over and see this,u wil b thrilled
reserve a seat for me wanna go buy some popcorn *shey u go chop??
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Galaxdiva(f): 11:10am On Jul 27, 2015
Onemansquad:

reserve a seat for me wanna go buy some popcorn *shey u go chop??

ya,am gonna eat... Dnt worry,crixina is equal to d task,there is more dan enof seats here....invite others too..
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 27, 2015
i must confess d truth this is awesome. i devoted my time to reading it and am very happy i avn't wasted my precious time
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Crixina(f): 6:51pm On Jul 28, 2015
I sat there in Lucas’ lounge for the next thirty minutes, I couldn’t really process all he had said, is he trying to convince me that he didn’t kill my parents? There were so many things Lucas just said that I haven’t told anyone, if he doesn’t have my parents, he probably knows who does,
NO! NO! NO! Alice, you can’t be this stupid, don’t believe him, he is trying to hit your emotions hard, he is trying to play a game here, it is his specialty, don’t fall for it, No! No! Don’t fall for it, my thoughts kept spinning, on my palm was the number Sam gave to me, I quickly got up, found a pen and paper, wrote it down before the ink fades away. I tried to shut down my thoughts. I didn’t really have a good sleep because i kept having nightmares.

The next day, I woke up quite early, by 6 A.M, I was dressed in a sweatpants and a sweatshirt with a pair of sneakers, whoever stocked up the wardrobe thought of everything, then I quickly remembered that I’m not allowed to go out, but then I had to at least try to, so I pressed the button on the door, I had never had to use that button which I was told to use if I needed anything, but that day I needed something, I was startled by the ring of the telephone on the bedside table, I had never really paid attention to it, maybe because I never had a chance to use it, I picked it up immediately,
Good morning! Do you need anything? I recognized the voice, it was Adeline’s, yes, I do, I didn’t bother sounding polite, I need to go for a run, I need to clear my head, and can you handle that?
She paused for a while, then she said I will be with you in a second, I kept pacing until some minutes later there was a knock on the door, I opened up, it was one of Lucas’ security aides,
Great! You are being asked to go with me right?
No, as a matter of fact, you are being asked to use the lounge gym, he said giving me a grin,
Let me guess, your boss, whatever! Let’s just go, I replied rudely, the gym was a standard one, I wasn’t surprised, some of those workout equipments I had no idea how they were being used, there were a few people in there working out, immediately I walked in someone I figured out to be one of the gym assistants walked me to a machine, I didn’t even know how it was called, nor did I know how to use it, but I saw it a couple of times, so he went ahead to explain,
Go ahead; it will just be like you are actually jogging he said, giving me a shy smile apparently noticing that I haven’t used it before.
In about an hour, I was back to my apartment, Adeline was already there with breakfast, so I just had to take my bath, I told her to tell Lucas that I will love to see him, but she reacted in a way that made me question her,
I’m sorry Alice, Lucas is out of town, but hopefully he will be back in three days, he replied, but I saw him last night, when did he leave and where has he gone to? I asked feeling a bit frustrated because I wanted to talk to him about last night,
He left this morning, though I can’t tell where he has gone to.
I decided to use those three days in finding out some things, Lucas said I should think and search, maybe it’s time to really do that.
Where is Naomi? I asked trying to my best to conceal my tone in case she had heard of our little melodrama last night,
I think she is in the right wing, I cocked my head as to tell her I don’t understand what she means, but she just gave me a smile, where we are right now is the left wing of the penthouse, Lucas stays in the right wing, oh! I see, I said with a little amusement,
The names here are epic; I managed a little smile as I headed to the right wing as they called it,
I pressed a button as the glass door slide open, the large part that served as the living room was quite empty,
Hello! Hello! Naomi I’m sorry about last night, I just want to talk please, Hello! I called out again, but there was no answer, I walked towards the other large part which I guessed would be the bedroom, kitchen and all that, that place was way bigger than what I imagined or even saw on the blueprint, I guess Skiter just gave us the part he had access to, Hello! I called again,
Well, maybe I shouldn’t go in here, I might be a trap, besides cameras may be watching you right now, I thought, but the courageous part of me disagreed, you said you wanted to find answers and now you are right in the secret chamber and you want to turn back, how foolish! The courageous part of me urged strongly,
So I went further, opened up the second glass door, Lucas really had high taste, he made his bedroom his personal fantasy land, from the large double bed and clean white shirt to the soft but outspoken colour, to the paintings on the wall, the centre pieces were amazing, not to mention the fact that it was overlooking the blue waters, the air in there was different from the persona of Lucas I knew, something told me that he held that bedroom sacred and so they may be some amount of answers there, for a minute there I was lost in the beautiful sight of the room, i went to the wardrobe, which was made with glass too, Lucas must have a thing for glasses, I tried to slide it open, but it was locked,
Wow! That’s a first; I thought he doesn’t lock things, since he has… oh my God! Cameras, they may be cameras and if they are, I may have already being captured, but I didn’t really give a damn anymore, then something unusual struck me, the rose vase beneath the bed on the floor, I quickly remembered Mr Abass’ hotel room, how they hid the camera in the flower vase, I rushed towards it,
Yeah! I got you, I beamed as I carefully removed the flower and looked underneath, what I saw wasn’t a security Camera, but a tiny micro device, something like a memory card, I looked at it well, I realized it was the same device Lucas planted on my tab,
Then why is it here? I took it immediately, replaced the flower and rushed out without looking back, I went straight to my apartment, i checked the sides of the T.V like Lucas did the other time, I saw a tiny slot, I inserted the micro device, it fit in perfectly, then a dialog box popped up asking if I want to play device I should press okay, I did, a video began playing, at first all I just saw was a moving vehicle on a road, then the road got familiar, i looked closer, it was one of the highways in town, then it struck,
The moving vehicle was a green colour Nissan pathfinder, my pulse instantly plummeted as I paid close attention to the video, for after what was about some minutes of driving, the driver turned left into an area, I didn’t recognize at first, but as I kept looking, I realized it was Evans’ street,
Oh my God! I realized what the video was all about, I was about to witness a murder, he turned into Evans’s compound, I couldn’t sit anymore, I stood up and began to pace, then the car stopped when it got to a place I presumed was in front of Evans’s apartment, then the Nissan’s door popped open, someone stepped out, as soon as the person stepped out, his face went blur,
What the fu..ck! What is Lucas doing? But I looked closer even with the face blurred, I could still pick out distinctive features, this person seemed so familiar, I kept watching up to the point where he got into Evans’s apartment, then everything went blur, then the sound ceased, and after about five minutes, I heard the loud sound of a gunshot, then the video ended, I felt the tears rush to my eyes like a pool of water,
Why is Lucas messing with me? why is he doing this, I sat there crying for about thirty minutes, then I played the video again, I noticed the licence plate number, so I wrote it down, then it hit me like a bomb,
Lucas deliberately left his apartment open for me to find this video, he told me he wasn’t going to help me, that I was going to figure it out on my own, so maybe he is leaving me clues to fix the puzzle for myself, I got up immediately, called for Adeline,
Adeline, I need to borrow your phone, I said in a commanding voice, just in case Lucas had asked her not to give it to me, but she handed it to me, I was almost tempted to call Elliot, but I didn’t want to blow my chance with Lucas, besides I wanted to be careful, so I dialed the number Sam gave me, he picked,
Hey! Sam, it’s Alice,
Oh my God, Alice, where are you,
Listen to me carefully Sam, I need your help and I need it fast, I want you to reach out to Emmanuel, Evans’ cousin, now take a pen and paper, write down this licence plate number, tell him to find out who owns that car,
Do you understand me? Yes, he replied, but Alice, what’s going on?
Sam please just do this for me, I can’t really talk now, but this has to do with Evans’ murder, I promise I will tell you everything later, I will call back later in the evening to find out how far you have gone.
Emmanuel is Evans’ maternal cousin, they were very close, Evans once said that Emma like he called him was like the brother he never had, Emmanuel works with the state security service, I remember pestering Evans about what Emmanuel does for a living when I found out that he acts weird at times, cautious, and observant, and could ask tactical questions, it took Evans a while to tell me that, and he begged me to not talk about it, I saw Emmanuel during Evans’ funeral, he was so broken, he couldn’t even hold himself together anymore, he just had to cry out, so I felt I was giving him the chance to help bring whoever killed his cousin to justice and somehow I knew he wasn’t going to pass on the offer.
I called Sam again later that evening, I didn’t care if my calls were monitored, but if Lucas wanted to prove he doesn’t have a hand in this, then he shouldn’t care about my findings, immediately Sam picked, he handed it over to Emmanuel,
So are you trying to say you didn’t murder my cousin because he left you for another woman, Emmanuel attacked,
I almost yelled at him, but I controlled my emotions, if I did, would I be looking for who did, look, it’s either you believe me and help me look for whoever did this or you sit there and say things to make yourself feel better,
Sam, are you there? That plate number I gave you is the number of the car you told me about, so did you guys find anything?
Yes, I put my sources to it, they said they will get back to me in an hour, so we will call you back then, Emmanuel reluctantly spoke.
No, I will do the calling, wait! Wait! That was Sam’s voice,
Are you okay Alice? Are you safe?
Yes I am, just get the plate number, I ended the call.
That car belongs to a rental company, whoever used that car rented it that day, Emmanuel’s voice from the other end resonated through the phone, it seemed like he was angry,
Sh.it! What is the name of the rental company?
Jossy car rental services, I know the fuc.king manager, maybe I should be interrogating his arse, he probably does business with criminals too he said,
Hold on! No Emmanuel, don’t try anything stupid, this situation is way messier than you know, I know you are the law and you feel you can handle this, but it’s way steeper, what are you talking about? Unless you are involved and you don’t want me to find out, he replied harshly,
Sam! Sam! Are you there? I screamed into the phone, tell him not to do anything stupid or he will be killed, I know how to handle this and I will sure keep you guys posted,
okay, okay Alice, but you have to tell us what is fuc.king going on? Sam replied,
I promise I will, I said as I hung up.
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Crixina(f): 6:59pm On Jul 28, 2015
I walked briskly to one of the security aides at the door who tried to stop, but I pushed him off walking briskly into Lucas’ lounge where he was confidently sitting on the bar stool smoking one of those big cigars that had an awful smell, and sipping from a glass of wine,
We need to talk, I said rudely, I can see you missed me, he tried to bring on weird his sense of humour, but I kept a blank face,
He got up from the bar stool and walked towards me, the look on your face tells me you found the little gift I left for you, I have always known you are a smart girl and sometimes you are so predictable, he said grinning,
I’m tired of your stupid games Lucas, whatever you cooked up on that tape, I don’t buy it, so I think you are the predictable one, I replied,
No, that’s where you are wrong Alice, you buy it, that’s why you are still here, your eyes are beginning to open, but you trying to convince yourself that what you are seeing is not true, you recognized the person on that tape, he snapped, how would I have when you blurred out the truth, for all I know you just manipulated that to convince me, so since you are trying so hard to do that, why not let me see the full tape,
Oh! I can’t wait, but you are not just ready for it, you can’t even handle the little you saw, I can imagine you fighting yourself, trying to tell your mind that everything you are beginning to know is a lie, but you are smart you are even doing better on figuring it out, I heard you made a call out to the Jossy car rental services, that’s a good move, but also very stupid, he said, blowing out the smoke in my direction,
And why is that? I asked in an annoying tone,
Because you are getting closer to the truth, and you know what the truth does sometimes, he said smiling,
Well, I’m willing to take that risk, and I’m glad you know that I’m getting closer to the truth, so do well not to stop me, because if you do, the truth will just become more obvious,
What is that supposed to mean? He asked assuming a serious look; it means I’m going to Jossy car rental services, I said cocking my head to one side expecting him to object, but he just took one last sip from his glass of wine,
By all means please, I was a little bit surprised that he obliged,

And alone, I quickly added knowing that he might ask one of his goons to accompany me,
Alice, I’m not the bad guy you are looking for, I might be someone else’ bad guy, but not yours, I’m just looking out for you, that’s why I will let you go, but if you decide to try anything stupid like running back to your friends, he paused and gave me a look I have never seen before, then he continued, don’t say I didn’t tell you so, believe it or not I’m not the bad guy here,
Lucas had never spoken like that to me, for once I saw a different person, the person that actually owned the room I saw some days ago, but I wasn’t about to fall for that, as far as I know he was up to one of his mind games,
Well, thank you, I said in a mocking tone, but I’m not running anymore, I’m fighting this time, I said turning to walk out, then I turned again,
There’s one more thing I need you to do for me, I added.
I didn’t realized that Lucas had paid for the cab I boarded until the man dropped me off in front of Jossy car rental services at about eight P.M, they run a twenty four hour service, it’s no wonder they also have killers as their clients, I thought as I stepped out of the cab, my plan was to ask the cab to wait and take me back, at least when I got back I would have figured out a way to pay him, I can’t even remember the last time I handled my own money, I didn’t have access to my account since I became a fugitive, I have been living off people, but immediately he dropped me, he zoomed off without asking for money, then it occurred to me that someone must have paid him, who else if not Lucas, I’m sure he did when he decided to be part of my plan, first he decided to help out by giving me the little information I needed to know about the manager.
I was a little nervous to walk in there, I knew why I was, but I had to do it anyway, I walked into the reception, the lady I met there gave me a warm smile,
Good evening, please I would like to see the manager,
Errrrm… I think he is about packing up, but I could help you with whatever you want, she said, but I insisted I wanted to see the manager, it will just take some minutes I promise, it’s urgent please, she spoke into the telephone, then paused to ask for my name, when she dropped, she told me to walk down the corridor to the third door on the left.
She was right, the manager was about packing up, and he looked tired and not so pleased to have a client at that time,
What can I do for you Ma? He asked trying to be polite,
I’m sorry to bother you Sir, but someone rented your green colour Nissan pathfinder six months ago, to be precise, on the 29th of march 2014 with this particular license plate number, I placed the paper on the table in front of him,
May I ask who you are and why you want this information?
Well, my name is Alice Daniel, his face instantly changed and I know he must have recognized me from the T.V or papers six months ago, he became uneasy, he adjusted his tie, picked up his phone,
I drew out the hand gun I collected from Lucas, safely tucked at the back of my jean where it was concealed safely under the jacket I wore, I pointed it at him,
Please sit down and don’t move Mr. Edgar, I know you recognize me and you weren’t just going to give out the information easily, so I brought a little something to persuade you, I’m not a killer, so I’m not going to hurt you, but you have to help me not to, by not doing anything stupid and giving me the information I need.
What do you want? Please don’t kill me, He said stammering and sweating, I just need to find who rented that Nissan, he clicked open the records on his desktop with his hands shaking, he scrolled down to six months ago, a lot of people rented cars that day, my eyes quickly darted to the Nissan pathfinder, same plate number, the name said J. Rowlings, I checked the address, the person used Evans’ address,
What a creep! Why use your victim’s address? I wondered, I didn’t recognize the phone number, now Mr. Edgar, print it out for me, he quickly did, then I pushed him aside and did a trick Steve taught me, wiped that entire information from the server. I folded the print out neatly into my pocket,
Now Mr. Edgar, walk me out the door, and don’t make any stupid move, act normal if you don’t want your brains blown out, do you understand me?
He nodded still sweating, for a minute I marveled at what a loaded gun could do, the power it wields, he did as I told him, when I got to the reception, I talked out loudly so the receptionist could hear me,
Thank you so much Mr. Edgar for your help and turning to the receptionist, I gave her a warm smile which she returned same as we stepped out,
Now, call me a cab, I held the gun up a bit to his waist, but before we could move, a car flashed its headlights at us, I turned, and held Mr. Edgar back, then Lucas stepped out,
C’mon let’s get out of here, he must have noticed I was holding a gun to Edgar, I held Edgar as we walked to the car and I shoved him aside as Lucas zoomed off into the highway.
Why did you follow me, I told you not to, my voice was flat, but he ignored me,
Did you find what you were looking for? He asked and kind of sounded genuine, I did, I replied, and then why didn’t you kill Edgar?
What? I’m not a killer, why should I kill him?
Because Edgar might call the person who rented that car and try to warn him, then your life will be in more danger than it already is, I gave him a long stare,
Or maybe you still think I’m responsible, he asked as he flashed me a soft smile, no, he won’t because I wiped the number off his server,
He gave me a soft smile I have never seen before, you are smart Alice, and you are right, you are not a killer, our eyes locked for a while and for the first time I didn’t know what to make of Lucas,
I started contemplating the possibility of the fact that he might be telling me the truth, though I almost smacked myself for thinking that, he pulled into a street, where are we going to? I asked,
Well there are many entrances to heaven, he said grinning, I don’t want to risk anybody seeing us, as he pulled in through a back gate, Max was there to take the car while we made our way down a basement that led into the club,
Whoever designed this building, I murmured, are you ever going to tell me what you found out? Lucas asked as we got into the elevator heading to the penthouse, I ignored him, as we got into the penthouse, I took out the gun from where it was concealed and gave it to him,
Thanks for this and goodnight, I said walking away leaving him there with that same look he gave me in the car.
I kept tossing on the bed despite the cold shower I had and the air conditioner in the room, I was worried, the more I searched, the less I found,
What is really going on? I missed my family, the life I had, I missed my friends especially Rosie, and here I am lying right in the home of who probably is or is not responsible for all I’m going through,
Lucas was right, I think I had recognized the person in the video, but I didn’t want to believe he was right, but as I laid there with my thoughts, I didn’t know what to believe anymore,

Who the hell is J. Rowlings? I sat up retrieving the paper from my jacket and placed it in front of me, then it hit me Adeline…Amira…Vee…Naya… there are all not real names, there are aliases,
Oh my God! J. Rowlings… J. K. Rowlings, he is a writer, I read one of his books, oh my! Everything just came flooding like a memory that was locked away; I jumped from the bed with the skimpy night wear I wore, but that wasn’t the time to care, it was about two A.M, I didn’t care about the time too, I walked briskly to the other wing of the penthouse, I met one of Lucas’ security aides, don’t these guys ever sleep? I thought as I approached him,
Where is Lucas? I asked, he is down in the lounge.
In less than Five minutes, Lucas came up to the penthouse, smelling of alcohol, it seemed like he was high and drunk, I didn’t care as long as he was sane enough to answer my questions.
What is it Alice? You told me you had a library? Where is it?
Where is it? Calm down! He said, I need to see the library, he walked me into his bedroom, he pressed a button on the wall and the glass like ward robe swerved slowly revealing an entrance that ushered us into a large room filled with books, I knew that was no ordinary ward robe.
The library was a marvel, it had the digital section, all the paintings he spoke of the other day hung neatly on the wall, there were lots of shelves which the books were neatly stacked on, it was beautiful,
I noticed he didn’t speak as we stepped into the library, so I turned and caught him staring at me, it was have been the skimpy night wear, but I didn’t mind,

I need a particular book by J. K Rowlings, I asked pacing around the shelf, the guy has written a million books and why are we even here at this hour? Lucas asked walking towards me,
It’s a book about a detective and his girlfriend, who is also a detective,
Are we having a book review or something? He taunted again,
Just fuc..king help me okay! I screamed, but he looked at me surprised as he walked over to the lap top on the large table, brought it on and tapped a few keys as lights flickered on the projector, then the following words came on in bold,
THE MYSTERY MAN BY BEN ROWLINGS, the shock flowed from my brain to my knees as they could no longer hold my body, I fell slowly to the cold floor, all my denial in the last few days came to reality, though I still struggled to not accept it,
Alice, can you tell me what’s going on? Lucas asked feeling left out, at first I was skeptical, but when I looked into his eyes again, I could see that he was really concerned and he never understood anything since that evening in the car, for once he felt like he was losing control of things, he was hurt, and in that moment I could see that somehow he was truly as confused as I was, so I gave the paper to him,
That was the print out I got from Edgar, the name of whoever rented that car,
J. K. Rowlings, like the author, he asked confused again,
J. K. Rowlings is just an alias,
I don’t still get it, he said, then he turned and looked at the screen again,
Holy Sh.it, wait a minute! You know “the mystery man” he quoted Ben Rowlings, you know who he is don’t you?
No, I don’t, I said as tears streamed down my cheeks,
Yes you do, he said, we both were silent for some minutes, then he spoke again
Maybe it’s time for one last piece of truth Alice, he said walking out while I sat there crying my eyes off.
Here! Drink this, you will feel better, Lucas handed me a mug,
What is it? I asked,
Think of it as tea, just take a few gulps, it will help you sleep well, i drained the content of the mug in a bit, I began sweating, few seconds later I got drowsy.
I woke up to a not so familiar environment, oh my God! How on earth did I get into Lucas’ bed, I got up immediately, I felt light, I looked at myself just to make sure he didn’t… I cringed at the thought, I opened the door out into the living room, and there he was on his laptop,
What the hell happened last night?
How did I get into your bed?
I hope you didn’t…
Didn’t do what? Defile sleeping beauty?
Sorry princess, I don’t do dead bodies,
Dead bodies? Are you saying I was dead…I mean, what the hell really happened last night,
Oh my God! Please tell me that tea…
Relax! It was nothing, but I trust you are relaxed now, because there is someone I would like you to meet today,
Who? I asked sharply,
If I tell you, then where’s the surprise in that? He said giving me a soft smile.
I spent most of the day going over what I found out the night before, I tried to fight the conviction I was beginning to have, I wished with all heart that it would all be a lie.
At about eight P.M, Adeline knocked on my door; Lucas wants you to be ready by nine P.M,
Okay I said, but she gave me that look she always did each time she wants to tell me something she senses I may not like,
What? I asked sharply recognizing the look,
Lucas insists you wear the green gown and the silver colour strap sandals, Adeline said, before I could even say anything,
I know, I know, I told him you may not like that, but he insisted the meeting is formal,
A formal meeting?
With who? I asked surprised,
I don’t know. She shrugged.

About forty minutes later, I was already in the elevator heading to the lounge, dressed in a green flowing gown with a corset that was few minutes away from gushing out my intestines and a silver colour strap heels, Adeline had wrapped my hair up and did her makeup tricks, I liked myself more. Lucas truly had great taste in fashion, but I didn’t understand why he always wanted me to dress up, and somehow I always felt intimidated by his fashion sense, which explains why I was always not comfortable with the dress up thing, which got me back to thinking of the formal meeting, he didn’t mention anything about a formal meeting.
I stood at the entrance to Lucas’ private lounge, the sight of the security aide turned my stomach because it reminded me of when he brought me food in Lucas’ cell and wouldn’t talk to me. I decided to dismiss the thought and focus on what Lucas has cooked up, the lounge was chilly as usual, and to think that I’m wearing a gown that barely covers my body, as soon as Lucas saw me he stood up in a gentlemanly gesture, he looked nice in the suit he wore with a blue tie, he did know how to clean up pretty well, I didn’t know if he stood up out of courtesy or he was trying to anticipate my next move, because he wasn’t alone,
Naomi was sitting comfortably on the table, she was all dressed up too, she wore a red gown almost as beautiful as mine, her face was heavily made up with her annoying red lipstick, I instantly felt angry, maybe Lucas plays dress up too with her, I could care less, but why am I here with this woman, I couldn’t hold it so I spoke out,
What is going on here Lucas?

Take a seat Alice, he said sternly with a serious look on his face and those dark piercing eyes, I sat down, there was a bottle of champagne in a bucket of ice, two bottles of red wine tucked in another bucket and then a bottle of brandy, I couldn’t really read the expression on Naomi’s face as we both exchanged glances, the glass in front of her was almost empty, which was an indication that she had been drinking,
Oh! At least we are allowed to drink, I picked up one of the bottles of brandy, opened it and poured a considerable amount into a glass and gulped it down like my life depended on it.

Lucas received a call, all I heard was yeah, and then he ended the call and gave me a grin, I ignored it,
Five minutes later, the light went dimmer that it already was, then someone else walked in, I paid less attention when the door opened, but I noticed Lucas became more focused, so I turned, the stranger wore a suit too, I couldn’t really tell the colour because of the dim lights, but as he approached our table, there was something familiar about him, at first I thought the brandy had kicked in, but when he got closer, Lucas stood up and said,
Alice, meet or should I say re meet Jerry.

1 Like

Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Crixina(f): 7:04pm On Jul 28, 2015
For a second, it seemed like the earth had suddenly shifted and I was standing at the edge of it ready to fall off, my mouth opened, my head spun, my vision kept alternating between blur and sharp, the room suddenly became hot, I started sweating profusely while my feet went cold,
You! I finally spoke, you son of a b.itch, how much? How much did Lucas pay you?
How much did he pay you to betray your own friends? You were lying the whole time, a fuc..king traitor, we trusted you, and we believed you, was this about money you evil bastard? I screamed as my hand reached out for the brandy bottle hitting him with it as he blocked the bottle with his hands causing it to spiral to floor and scatter in a thousand pieces, Lucas quickly restrained me while I kept kicking, screaming and struggling to break free,
How much were you paid? I kept repeating that,
Calm down Alice, Calm down, those were the words I kept hearing as my rage kept burning, ten minutes later we were all seated again on the table, though I was still angry, I prayed for an opportunity to lay my hands on a gun or a knife or even a bottle, but Lucas clearly knew that when he asked for the bottles to be removed from the table.
It isn’t what it looks like, Jerry finally spoke, I’m sure it isn’t I replied trying to calm my nerves, Alice, it’s hard to say but the truth is Elliot has been lying to you, he is not who you think he is, the anger gushed through me again as I found myself reaching out to hit him, but he grabbed me holding my hands firmly,
Don’t you dare, I said through clenched teeth,
Listen to me, open your eyes; Elliot has been lying to you for months now, that video you saw was real, you know within you that things are adding up, but you just don’t want to accept the truth, he screamed,
There is no truth here, you are the liar, you all are liars, I said pointing in Lucas’ direction who was comfortably calm, you were working with Lucas this whole time, I couldn’t help the tears; I broke down on the floor as I let the tears fall freely, Jerry came and sat beside me,
I’m sorry this is happening, but it is the truth, think about it, the only person that ever believed you were innocent was Elliot, he helped you for months, why did he ever do that? Have you ever asked yourself that?
Maybe because he was better than you, I said amidst tears, no, Alice, because he had plans of his own,
Lucas who had been sitting quietly there sipping his brandy suddenly stood up, Naomi can give you give us a while alone?
Excuse me, what? She replied harshly, I want you to leave us, he said harshly too, moving closer to her.
I won’t leave, why are you always shutting me out? after what happened, the least you could do is to stop pushing me around, I think I deserve that, I almost got killed because of you, and to even think that it had to do with her, she said pointing to me,
No, you brought that on yourself, don’t even try to put that on me, now get your a.ss out of here, Lucas’ eyes darken and his face got more serious than ever, Naomi left angrily,
Alice, look, I know all this is too much to take in but it is the truth, and I have one last thing to prove to you, after that, you can do whatever you want, Lucas said spitting the words out of his mouth as if he is trying to hide the pain he is feeling,
What are you talking about? I asked,
Elliot is right now in Fresia’s palace, but tomorrow at about noon, he will be going somewhere and you might want to be there.
Where?
It’s a surprise, Lucas cut in, I’m damn tired of all these surprises, I screamed gathering my shoes as I bolted out of the lounge, I didn’t know what to do, I was so confused, I tried to sleep, I couldn’t,
Are you okay? Lucas asked as he knocked and entered, that tea I drank yesterday, I need some, I ordered rather than request, I was still fussy,
Alice, two nights on a row, it is addictive, you asked if I was okay, I’m not, and the only think that could make me sleep right now is that, so if you really want to help, start there, few minutes later, Adeline brought in a tray containing a flask and a mug with two teabags, i drank it immediately as Lucas kept watching me intently, I couldn’t read his expression, I didn’t even care,
I know it’s kind of hard, but I’m still here, he said softly, yeah, people always tell me that but… you know what? Just leave, I snapped, i locked the door behind him and climbed into the bed.
Where’s Jerry? I asked as Lucas and I sat eating breakfast, he left, he answered without looking at me,
For the record, I still don’t trust you two and whatever this is, I will get to the bottom of it, he chuckled, Alice, we both know that’s a lie or you won’t be sitting here with me,
Tell me, how did Elliot find you? He asked,
You see, that’s my point, because Elliot didn’t find me, I called him, he smiled as if to say I have no idea, Elliot has been leading you to clues, showing you want you wanted to see, and I must say he did a good job, especially with the part he led you to me,
So you knew about Elliot all this time? Off course you did, Jerry has been filling you in, I answered my own question; wait a minute, Is Steve and Gloria also on this? I asked again, but he just smiled and I got my answer,
Oh my God! You said Elliot led me to you, so Elliot knows you; this isn’t really about me, is it? This is about you, I said dropping my spoon as I connected the dots, then why me? Tell me Lucas? I raised my voice,
It’s a long story, he replied as he placed the napkin back on the table, adjusting his tie, hold on! Elliot and I first met three years ago; does it mean this is deeper than I think?
Smart girl! He said winking at me as he stood up from the table, I told you it’s a long story, but have got work to do, be ready by eleven thirty, he said as he disappeared into the elevator.

By noon, we took the entrance we came in from the other night into the building, I had a feeling where we were going wouldn’t be pleasant, so I dressed in a jean with a tee shirt and a pair of black boots, somehow I had always been comfortable in boots especially since I assumed a different life six months ago, my suspicions were confirmed when I saw Lucas on jean and boots too. A little fear crept into me but I dismissed it immediately I saw Max and the taxi driver from the other night,
I turned to Lucas, what are you doing?
Taking a taxi to avoid being followed, he jumped into the seat beside the driver, then slid his aviator sunglasses on, I jumped into the back seat and the driver zoomed off, we drove for about thirty minutes, then the driver turned into a road that wasn’t tarred, as we drove further in, something felt familiar about it, then Lucas ordered the driver to pull over, he did, then he turned to me and said we will go on foot from here,
I looked further and saw a tiny path in the bushy surroundings, we are going this way, and he pointed to the path,
I chuckled, Lucas why on earth do you think I trust you enough to go into this bush with you?
Because if I wanted to kill you, I wouldn’t even have to bring you out here, and also because this is where your final answer lies, he then drew out the hand gun he gave me the other night,
I’m sure you know how to use this, hold on to it, if that will make you feel better; he smirked, turning into the path which I reluctantly followed.
What’s that in your back pocket? I asked as I saw something gorging out, binoculars he replied, we will need it, as we kept going, the surroundings became more and more familiar, I spotted an anthill,
Hold on a second! I know this place, I said stopping,
You mean like from five months ago, he smirked again, come on it’s right over that hill, we had to cross a little stream, I almost tripped over a marine algae when Lucas rushed to hold me so I don’t fall, his hands mistakenly brushed my breasts and for a few seconds, there was kind of an emotional trigger as we both looked into each other’s eyes, realizing that, he quickly withdrew and I shoved him aside not wanting to even imagine anything, I rushed up the hill and he rushed up behind me,
From the hill there I looked down, I almost tripped over again when I saw the house from a distance,
Oh my God! That is the… place you were kept in few months ago, Lucas completed my statement, that’s Elliot’s warehouse or whatever, he added, my mouth went dry again,
Ware house? I managed to ask,
Yeah, from the outside it is just an empty space, but the basements are where it all happens, he said looking into the binoculars,
What happens? It depends, drugs? Kidnapped victims, arms dealings,
Really? Is that all you can come up with? Why are you trying to spin all this on Elliot? I asked,
And why are you trying so much to trust him even when the truth is right in front of you? He screamed at me clenching his teeth,
You want answers, there! He handed me the binoculars, I looked into it, I saw the gate open and Elliot came out with someone I recognized,
Silas! Oh my God!

What! Lucas asked sharply, I know that guy, just then another car pulled in while Elliot and Silas were still there discussing, a lady came out of the vehicle, I looked closely, it was Naomi, I recognized her, she was the nasty b..itch that tried to kill me unfortunately I shot her first, she looked well, she must have recovered from the bullet wound, she walked up to Elliot, hugged and they kissed, the binoculars fell from my hands, I stood there with my eyes and wide open, Elliot looked different from the person I knew, like a completely different person.
Are you going to make it down the hill, Lucas asked in an I-told-you-so tone.
As we made our way back through the basement into the club, I stopped at the bar,
What are you doing? Lucas asked, but I ignored him,
A bottle of your finest whiskey, I told the bar man sharply, do you want to talk about this?
No, I don’t, I answered sharply,
Alice!
Lucas, I said I don’t want to talk about it, I took a long gulp from the bottle, as we got to the pent house, I walked straight to my apartment locking the door behind me,
The next afternoon, I woke up drip fed with saline, Lucas was sitting beside me, I couldn’t move my feet or any part of my body, my mouth was bitter and I felt nauseated,
What happened? I murmured,
You downed a whole bottle of vin jaune and passed out, what the hell is wrong with you? What if something bad happened? He said sounding a bit pissed, then he heaved a sigh of relief so now do you want to talk about it?
No, I don’t, I snapped,
Fine, he stood up and walked out.

It took me three days to get over the shock, the fourth day, anger started seeping in, I snapped at Adeline, I broke a couple of glasses, worked out seriously in the gym, hitting the punch bag like my life depended on it. Lucas had tried to talk to me about Elliot, but I kept ignoring him, but I knew I had to face this once and for all, so I walked up from the gym to the pent house looking for Lucas, he wasn’t there, when I came out from the shower with the towel around my chest, he was there waiting, he gave me a stare I could see lust written in his eyes,
A silly idea popped into my mind, Elliot hurt me in many different ways, though I had been fighting the pain by trying to pretend I wasn’t hurt, the more I pretended, the more hurt I was, I thought of many ways to deal with it, I couldn’t even come to terms with the situation, if I have to deal with Elliot, I had to first of all deal with my feelings for him, erase whatever we may have had in the past few months, find a way to hate him more than I already had, what better way than to have sex with the guy he probably hates, so without thinking, I dropped my towel, as far as I know Lucas has had his fair share of women, he was fearless, he is all I could call good, bad and ugly, he was most times unpredictable, nothing takes him by surprise because at least in those last few days, he had proven to me that he was always two steps ahead, but I couldn’t explain the surprise and fear I saw in his eyes when he saw me standing there right before him n.aked,
Isn’t this what you have been looking for, I see the way you look at me sometimes, don’t you fantasize about you would love to f..uck me, I said walking towards him slowly and seductively, then I sat astride on his legs, pressing my b,reasts towards his mouth, while I lifted up his face kissing him violently,
Yeah, yeah, that’s more like it, I murmured as he kissed me back, then pushed me to the bed, pinning my hands to the bed as he kissed me violently, I wriggled my hands out of his grip while I kept struggling with his zippers and I kept lifting up my pelvis so I could feel his hardness, but he took one long last kiss and jumped away from,
No way! He laughed like he was high on something, you almost got me, I know what you are doing, you are hurt, you are mad at Elliot, so you use me as an escape hatch, you are using se..x to distract yourself from the pain rather than facing it, I can’t believe you are doing this, I mean I’m always the one using people,
quit whining Lucas, it’s just se..x and admit it you wanted it too, that’s not the point Alice, the point is se..x can never take away what you feel, you just have to deal with it, he said, closing the door behind him. Two hours later I went back to Lucas in the pent house, he was busy on his laptop,

I want Elliot arrested, I feel I should do this right; Lucas broke into laughter, arrested for what? A guy that could plan all this and play you for months, no offence there, don’t you think he will see it coming especially with our messed up system, he may have even have some buddies in the police force, I should know, I do, even if you succeed in getting him arrested, this will definitely end up in court, are you ready for all that?
So what do you suggest I do?
Take him out, he said sternly,
Take him out like kill him, I asked with a scowl on my face, I told you Lucas I’m not a killer, and if you go behind my back to kill him, I will kill you and I’m dead serious about that,
Alright ma’am, I will just follow your lead, but you have to think fast, because I’m withdrawing my guys out from their cover, a guy like Elliot is smart, he will figure it out pretty soon, I hate being taken unaware, Lucas added.
And he was right; I had to think of something pretty fast…

2 Likes

Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Mario1983(m): 7:54pm On Jul 28, 2015
wow this serious I always know Elliott was up-to something
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Olaitan3784(f): 7:58pm On Jul 28, 2015
wow wow wow wow......... Speechless
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by alleazardous(m): 8:04pm On Jul 28, 2015
Wow this is serious
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Oppy4God(f): 8:32pm On Jul 28, 2015
u are just too much.keep it up grin
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by larrykay0(f): 9:16pm On Jul 28, 2015
i tout as much...i knew dis Elliot guy is not clean
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by SofiaAmrozia(f): 9:43pm On Jul 28, 2015
Micheal Jackson read my mind wen he sang Speechless. Omg, u r awesome gal
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 29, 2015
wow! this is awesome God bless u. i am in love with this write up the best so far i am happy we still have great mind in our generation u r surely one of us. keep up the good work and pls for God, Allah sake do well to update as soon as possible
just a request from someone addicted to ur evergreen writeup

1 Like

Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Crixina(f): 12:47pm On Jul 29, 2015
joykito:
wow! this is awesome God bless u. i am in love with this write up the best so far i am happy we still have great mind in our generation u r surely one of us. keep up the good work and pls for God, Allah sake do well to update as soon as possible
just a request from someone addicted to ur evergreen writeup
thank you, I appreciate that. In fact I appreciate all the encouragements I'm getting from this forum.

About the update, I know what it's like to want to read more. I wouldn't mind updating everything, but sometimes I just get so busy that I miss the thread myself, but a promise is a promise, we will definitely see this write up to the end.

1 Like

Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by mariamferanmi(f): 4:56pm On Jul 29, 2015
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! I love dis crixina, dis get me speechless!!!! I knw dis Elliot can't be so perfect like dat, he's d devil here n he's playing d role of an angel!!!! Crixina anoda update plssssssssssssssss!!!

1 Like

Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by Essyprity(f): 5:57pm On Jul 29, 2015
#wondering# wow! This story eh!
Re: E. Fantasy(short Stories) by ElvisGee94(m): 6:59pm On Jul 30, 2015
Dis work is just too CLASSIC.... I LOVE D BRAIN BEHIND DIS WORK.... wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Questions, Theories, And Trivia Of The ASOIAF (Game Of Thrones) Books. / Life Of A Broke Naija Graduate ( Short Story) / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Wedding Of His Son, Oretunlewa And Nneka Ekechukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 215
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.