Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,345 members, 7,808,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (662172 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 11:23pm On Jul 18, 2015
Hasn't anybody else watched it yet? I know my sister watched it today at a cinema in Lagos (she loved it BTW)...What are y'all waiting for?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 2:36am On Jul 19, 2015
I haven't seen the movie,
But Ant-man is seriously underrated has a superhero,
How can any body in the marvel verse fight a man who can crawl up your nostril and punch your brain directly ?

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by superbloke(m): 1:19pm On Jul 19, 2015
cao:
Hasn't anybody else watched it yet? I know my sister watched it today at a cinema in Lagos (she loved it BTW)...What are y'all waiting for?
It was more of a fun movie. Although I felt like they made Scott retrieve that item from avengers Base just so they could include the cameo appearance. There was no point. But generally speaking, good movie.
Speculations say that the events of civil war had already started during this period. This explains the end of the movie plus the second end credits scene.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2015
superbloke:

It was more of a fun movie. Although I felt like they made Scott retrieve that item from avengers Base just so they could include the cameo appearance. There was no point. But generally speaking, good movie.
Speculations say that the events of civil war had already started during this period. This explains the end of the movie plus the second end credits scene.
Yup, it certainly fits with Civil War. I know the next season of MAoS will definitely cover the beginnings of this, thanks to the previous season's Inhumans arc. Plus, the fact that Hydra isn't truly dead and Ward has his own wahala...the possibilities! I wonder if Netflix's Jessica Jones will also cover this? Her being a former superhero and all, probably with SHIELD, since it appears they were in charge of all the superhero ish. This shared cinematic universe really helps in expending a story arc.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by superbloke(m): 2:37pm On Jul 19, 2015
cao:

Yup, it certainly fits with Civil War. I know the next season of MAoS will definitely cover the beginnings of this, thanks to the previous season's Inhumans arc. Plus, the fact that Hydra isn't truly dead and Ward has his own wahala...the possibilities! I wonder if Netflix's Jessica Jones will also cover this? Her being a former superhero and all, probably with SHIELD, since it appears they were in charge of all the superhero ish. This shared cinematic universe really helps in expending a story arc.
Don't know about Jessica Jones, but agents of shield...definitely!
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 5:01pm On Jul 19, 2015
I'm currently re-watching AAoU, how in the hell did Quicksilver die? Like seriously, I just watched the dude with South African arms dealer, the dude removed the bullets and arranged said bullets in a line from his gun in the blink of an eye. And his ass died in a hale of bullets?!
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MrDojo(m): 5:21pm On Jul 19, 2015
cao:
I'm currently re-watching AAoU, how in the hell did Quicksilver die? Like seriously, I just watched the dude with South African arms dealer, the dude removed the bullets and arranged said bullets in a line from his gun in the blink of an eye. And his ass died in a hale of bullets?!

Movie logic......wen they need u to die nothing is gonna save u...... cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Elparaiso(m): 5:29pm On Jul 19, 2015
MrDojo:

I love your answer...
But if you notice there was a time when a soldier's bullet grazed his arm...
Personally, I don't think he's that fast.
He's just not fast enough.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 5:48pm On Jul 19, 2015
MrDojo:

As in. The dude just ran and destroyed a bunch of robots by running through them. Maybe he was just tired of all the running...
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MrDojo(m): 5:54pm On Jul 19, 2015
Elparaiso:

I love your answer...
But if you notice there was a time when a soldier's bullet grazed his arm...
Personally, I don't think he's that fast.
He's just not fast enough.

Yeah.......I remember d@ place.....d guy is actually really fast bt MCU in der wisdom tone down most of their powers.....
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MrDojo(m): 5:56pm On Jul 19, 2015
cao:

As in. The dude just ran and destroyed a bunch of robots by running through them. Maybe he was just tired of all the running...

I tink sometime dis writers/directors...... Forget we d fans are actually keepin track of all d@'s goin on...... Running tru a bunch of robots made frm a tough metal.....gets killed by bullets.... MCU logic
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 5:59pm On Jul 19, 2015
Actually just watched that scene, it was just pure luck from a trigger happy officer.

Anywho, I forgot how much I enjoyed this, I'm surprised I didn't watch this again in the cinema.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by dannycrest(m): 6:01pm On Jul 19, 2015
With only one episode remaining, Season Three’s first arc seems determined to fill its remaining time with as much lurid pageantry as possible. If Hannibal sustains this current level of bloodshed, I fear that the entire cast is going to end up permanently crippled and will have to chase each other around exotic locations in wheel-chairs, dragging IV drips and respiratory tanks behind them!

PROS
+ Exciting twists!
+ Another great ending
+ Plots coming together

CONS
- Puzzling character choices
- Gratuitous sex scene

Read Full Story and Photos: http://arvimax..com/2015/07/hannibal-season-3-episode-6-dolce-review.html
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 6:02pm On Jul 19, 2015
"You get hit, hit em back. You get killed...walk it off." - Captain America (AAoU). Joss Whedon got his Shane Black on with this line.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 6:05pm On Jul 19, 2015
Dannycrest, last time I checked we didn't have a cannibal named Hannibal in the MCU. We didn't even have him in all the many many many Marvel universes.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Elparaiso(m): 7:22pm On Jul 19, 2015
MrDojo:

Yeah.......I remember d@ place.....d guy is actually really fast bt MCU in der wisdom tone down most of their powers.....
It made me angry....
One yeye DCCU fan rubbed it all over my face...
Flash vs Quicksilver
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Luluvich(m): 11:19pm On Jul 19, 2015
Let's face it. As much as I'm a big fan of MCU, quicksilver never did it for me. His greatest achievement in my book is being the son of magneto. (In the real Marvel Universe not the one that got shoved into our faces , no Thanks to the wormbats (good one Hank Pym ) known as Fox)
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Jaymaestro(m): 12:18am On Jul 20, 2015
Elparaiso:

It made me angry....
One yeye DCCU fan rubbed it all over my face...
Flash vs Quicksilver
obviously ` Quicksilver got Marvel`d . However ` Flash is faster.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Elparaiso(m): 12:19am On Jul 20, 2015
Jaymaestro:
Couldn't he have been faster?
A teeny weeny bit faster?

Joss Whedon, well done...
Kill people anyhow
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 12:52am On Jul 20, 2015
Joss Whedon loves to kill fan favourites, one of his biggest goals in life was to kill someone whose name appeared as a cast regular in the opening credits in a TV show. He tried to pull it off with Eric Balfour's character in the pilot episode of Buffy. Apparently, it was too expensive, he later achieved it when he killed off Tara, after the actress's name finally appeared in the opening credits. Man, I was pissed.

Then he did it again in Angel, when he killed off one of the main characters of the show during the first season, seriously they were only three main characters, the mofo killed off a third of the main cast.

Then of course, he later messed up Cordelia Chase in Angel, the chic had fantastic character development from the whiny b****y cheerleader to a competent, sensible, potential BAMF woman, all that growth dashed because the actress became pregnant. Cordelia ended ascending to a higher plane & got knocked up & body snatched & some BS. Long story short, she died. Joss, I might be one of your biggest fangirls, but you messed up there. I'm not even going to talk about Fred. Nope. Not gonna.

Then of course, there's Serenity, where he killed off Shepherd like he was some random non-entity, then killed off Wash. Bearing in mind, I watched Serenity first before I watched Firefly - I felt the pain, then I watched Firefly - let's just say the pain became full blown cruel & unusual punishment.

S*** even Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog ends with the death of the love interest.

Finally, we get to the MCU, he killed Coulson! He might be one of the best writers and a rather decent writer of women, but there are times I just want to use the force and choke the s*** outta him.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Elparaiso(m): 12:58am On Jul 20, 2015
cao:
Joss Whedon loves to kill fan favourites, one of his biggest goals in life was to kill a someone whose name appeared as a cast regular in the opening credits in a TV show. He tried to pull it off with Eric Balfour's character in the pilot episode of Buffy. Apparently, it was too expensive, he later achieved it when he killed off Tara, after the actress's name finally appeared in the opening credits. Man, I was pissed.

Then he did it again in Angel, when he killed off one of the main characters of the show during the first season, seriously they were only three main characters, the mofo killed off a third of the main cast.

Then of course, he later messed up Cordelia Chase in Angel, the chic had fantastic character development from the whiny b****y cheerleader to a competent, sensible, potential BAMF woman, all that growth dashed because the actress became pregnant. Cordelia ended ascending to a higher plane & got knocked up & body snatched & some BS. Long story short, she died. Joss, I might be one of your biggest fangirls, but you messed up there. I'm not even going to talk about Fred. Nope. Not gonna.

Then of course, there's Serenity, where he killed off Shepherd like he was some random non-entity, then killed off Wash. Bearing in mind, I watched Serenity first before I watched Firefly - I felt the pain, then I watched Firefly - let's just say the pain became full blown cruel & unusual punishment.

S*** even Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-Long Blog ends with the death of the love interest.

Finally, we get to the MCU, he killed Coulson! He might be one of the best writers and a rather decent writer of women, but there are times I just want to use the force and choke the s*** outta him.

He should be happy I did not read this post in his presence...
I'll just strangle him with his sshoe laces.

But I guess that's the whedon touch...
Is he writing infinity war?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by cao(f): 1:05am On Jul 20, 2015
Elparaiso:

He should be happy I did not read this post in his presence...
I'll just strangle him with his sshoe laces.

But I guess that's the whedon touch...
Is he writing infinity war?
Nope. The Russo brothers (directors of CATWS) are directing and Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely (writers of both Cap A films, Thor 2 and Civil War. Also the creators of Agent Carter) are writing, my expectations for Infinity Wars are stupendously high.

EDIT: Plus, Joss is responsible for bringing back Collosus into the Marvel comics and he's responsible for the brilliant dialogue in Speed (he's uncredited) and bunch of other films during his time as a script doctor. S*** his ass actually co-wrote Toy Story.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Jaymaestro(m): 1:13am On Jul 20, 2015
Elparaiso:

Couldn't he have been faster?
A teeny weeny bit faster?

Joss Whedon, well done...
Kill people anyhow
lol ` died well. Being a hero's hero , especially one they started out being hostile to each other.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Elparaiso(m): 1:14am On Jul 20, 2015
cao:

Nope. The Russo brothers (directors of CATWS) are directing and Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely (writers of both Cap A films, Thor 2 and Civil War. Also the creators of Agent Carter) are writing, my expectations for Infinity Wars are stupendously high.

EDIT: Plus, Joss is responsible for bringing back Collosus into the Marvel comics and he's responsible for the brilliant dialogue in Speed (he's uncredited) and bunch of other films during his time as a script doctor. S*** his ass actually co-wrote Toy Story.
Russo brothers, huh?
Hope they can make me laugh like James Gunn?
I don't want a serious avengers movie...
Neither do I want a movie where everyone's a comedian like AAOU with their one liners.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Elparaiso(m): 1:16am On Jul 20, 2015
Jaymaestro:

lol ` died well. Being a hero's hero , especially one they started out being hostile to each other.
That's true tho...
They should have named the dude "Usain Bolt" or just"Bolt".
He's super fast but not superhero fast!
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 8:40am On Jul 20, 2015
Quicksilver is not on Flash's level but he should still be fast enough to dodge a few bullets. Yet he got hit.Maybe it's cos he really didn't "see that coming". Maybe he was tired like you said or cos the studio guys just decided he had to die. Maybe it's cos Ultron was behind that gun and calculated his trajectory, just like how Gorilla Grodd hit Flash by calculating his movement in that episode i watched....maybe i'm just overanalysing cos i''m heartbroken he's dead and never coming back.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Elparaiso(m): 9:38am On Jul 20, 2015
moneyallowed:
Quicksilver is not on Flash's level but he should still be fast enough to dodge a few bullets. Yet he got hit.Maybe it's cos he really didn't "see that coming". Maybe he was tired like you said or cos the studio guys just decided he had to die. Maybe it's cos Ultron was behind that gun and calculated his trajectory, just like how Gorilla Grodd hit Flash by calculating his movement in that episode i watched....maybe i'm just overanalysing cos i''m heartbroken he's dead and never coming back.
Whedon is an assassin...
That's all.
Ehya...
Sorry, so you liked the dude that much?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by moneyallowed(m): 10:10am On Jul 20, 2015
Elparaiso:

Whedon is an assassin...
That's all.
Ehya...
Sorry, so you liked the dude that much?

Whedon shattered my belief. I always thought the good guys could never drop. The way it's looking, more heroes are going to die. That makes it worse, knowing Quicksilver's death is only the beginning
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MrDojo(m): 10:25am On Jul 20, 2015
Jaymaestro:

I dnt really knw who is faster bt.....Qs shuld have dogded those bullets veri easily dis is a guy d@ is supposely able to travle @ speeds close to "Mach 2"
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MrDojo(m): 10:28am On Jul 20, 2015
moneyallowed:

A real waste of a good character.......if dey wnted some1 to die dey shuld ave jst killed one random guy d@ nobody will really care abt..........also read somewhere d@ any Film JW directs some1 important must Die......
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by SIRcumalot: 10:30am On Jul 20, 2015
moneyallowed:
Never say never
Coulson came back.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by MrDojo(m): 10:36am On Jul 20, 2015
Elparaiso:

Russo brothers, huh?
Hope they can make me laugh like James Gunn?
I don't want a serious avengers movie...
Neither do I want a movie where everyone's a comedian like AAOU with their one liners.

Honestly.....if d Infinity war is like GOTG.....I'll be really pissed off....I want a huge action film d@ actually shows d@ sometin is @ stake if dey dnt defeat d big Bad guy....nt a film where tony and Star lord will use an xtreme kareoke move to defeat thanos........
I actually wnt d heroes to have a huge sense of danger....becuz no Marvel villian has been d@ threaten so far....

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (539) (Reply)

Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.