Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,994 members, 7,806,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

Marvel Cinematic Universe - TV/Movies (379) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Marvel Cinematic Universe (661809 Views)

Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / DC Universe Vs Marvel : Superman Vs Vision (who Will Win) / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (539) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Blackspider: 9:25am On Oct 23, 2019
NeededGist:

I'm not debating over which is more iconic all I'm saying is that Iron man is iconic in the MCU and CBM's as a whole like it or not.
MCU yes, CBM? Lol, dr doom and green goblin is even more iconic than he is

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Vic2Ree(m): 5:38pm On Oct 23, 2019
NeededGist:

I'm not debating over which is more iconic all I'm saying is that Iron man is iconic in the MCU and CBM's as a whole like it or not.
Blackspider:
MCU yes, CBM? Lol, dr doom and green goblin is even more iconic than he is
Doctor Doom and the Green Goblin (this one is debatable) being more iconic than Iron Man does not change the fact that Iron Man is iconic in his own right. Iron Man is iconic post-MCU. Period.

3 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Vic2Ree(m): 5:45pm On Oct 23, 2019
Kaycee7:
Spider-Man 2 still holds up nicely.
I'm conflicted about the Raimi Spiderman trilogy. The story was great; the action and the set pieces were top-notch for its time. However, I still maintain that Tobey Maguire was the worst live action iteration of Spider-Man. I could go into long details but I have neither the time nor strength for such.

Y'all should consider this an opinion before picking up pitchforks and shotgunning me with rebuttals. LoL.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by nani667: 3:19am On Oct 24, 2019
Vic2Ree:

I'm conflicted about the Raimi Spiderman trilogy. The story was great; the action and the set pieces were top-notch for its time. However, I still maintain that Tobey Maguire was the worst live action iteration of Spider-Man. I could go into long details but I have neither the time nor strength for such.

Y'all should consider this an opinion before picking up pitchforks and shotgunning me with rebuttals. LoL.

In my opinion the Tobey Maguire trilogy remains my best Spiderman movies... The others Spiderman movies have just been depressing... Tom Holland I only liked him in the Avengers movies, particularly Endgame..., his Spiderman movies have been terrible, probably the worst of the lot

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by dragonflyy(m): 7:02am On Oct 24, 2019
nani667:

In my opinion the Tobey Maguire trilogy remains my best Spiderman movies... The others Spiderman movies have just been depressing... Tom Holland I only liked him in the Avengers movies, particularly Endgame..., his Spiderman movies have been terrible, probably the worst of the lot
worse than spiderman3 and amazing spiderman 2?... wow bro.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Lala39(f): 7:14am On Oct 24, 2019
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Lala39(f): 7:45am On Oct 24, 2019
Cassie Lang (Emma Fuhrmann) babysitting Morgan Stark (Lexi Rabe) at Universal studios

https://mobile.facebook.com/emmacfuhrmann/photos/a.256538964455988/2253114668131731/?type=3&is_lookaside=1&_rdc=1&_rdr

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by dragonflyy(m): 9:20am On Oct 24, 2019
Lala39:
Cassie Lang (Emma Fuhrmann) babysitting Morgan Stark (Lexi Rabe) at Universal studios

https://mobile.facebook.com/emmacfuhrmann/photos/a.256538964455988/2253114668131731/?type=3&is_lookaside=1&_rdc=1&_rdr
the young avengers. can't wait to see her in antman 3
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 24, 2019
Lala39:

Abby Ryder Forston will always be our Cassie!
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by KingGoblin: 10:55am On Oct 24, 2019
Taika Waititi has even bigger plans for 'Thor: Love and Thunder
LINK

KING

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by nani667: 11:28am On Oct 24, 2019
dragonflyy:

worse than spiderman3 and amazing spiderman 2?... wow bro.

Yup... Only thing the Tom Holland movies have over the rest is just better CGI, Amazing spiderman movies may be Crap that I just barely managed to complete..., but I will still take them over Tom Holland Movies

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Lala39(f): 11:34am On Oct 24, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:
Ok
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by KingGoblin: 11:53am On Oct 24, 2019
pu7pl3:

Show him this one too
This is ridiculous. Things go in phases. Right now, we are in a phase where the entertainment market is so saturated with high quality content being streamed directly into people's homes and yes, getting people out to brick & mortar theaters is a chore. Scorcese has already embraced this by using Netflix as primary distribution of his latest work. I don't foresee the tides turning to where the public becomes more reliant on these "outside the home" experiences except for the big ticket items like the MCU, Star Wars blockbusters etcetera. Filmmakers claiming that these types of films are despicable or insulting the craft of these films seems very much like "get off my lawn!" types of reactions.

Just because their filmmaking style is dissimilar with the MCU gives them no reason to attack the works and insult the credibility of those involved in the process.

KING

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by dragonflyy(m): 12:15pm On Oct 24, 2019
nani667:

Yup... Only thing the Tom Holland movies have over the rest is just better CGI, Amazing spiderman movies may be Crap that I just barely managed to complete..., but I will still take them over Tom Holland Movies
dude what are you even saying? marc webb's amazing spiderman franchise was a disjointed mess. part 1 was just a repeat of the very first spiderman and part 2 was stuffed with too many sinister 6 plot points for its own good and sacrificed story and character development. one thing i like about the mcu spiderman films is how they made them different while maintaining the energetic, flamboyant nature of the original spiderman comics. mcu spiderman is not the most accurate version but it still beats the first two series hands down. spectacular spiderman cartoon and spiderman ps4 are the most accurate

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nickshrapnel: 12:40pm On Oct 24, 2019
IMO, Tom Holland is a better Peter Parker while Andrew Garfield played Spiderman well. Toby's iteration will only make my list because he was our first love.

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Vic2Ree(m): 1:07pm On Oct 24, 2019
KingGoblin:

Filmmakers claiming that these types of films are despicable or insulting the craft of these films seems very much like "get off my lawn!" types of reactions.

Just because their filmmaking style is dissimilar with the MCU gives them no reason to attack the works and insult the credibility of those involved in the process.

Exactly! They are making the same amount of mid budget movies. I mean even this year, if you look at the top 70 movies only 30 or so are even near higher budget territory and the rest are not connected to any franchise, they're totally original. What Coppola and Scorcese don't want to talk about are the media landscape itself changing and all focus on streaming movies and premium television, which Scorcese should be thinking about, since he bitched about Netflix like this few years go but took that Irishman check this year, no problem. LMFAO!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by dragonflyy(m): 1:11pm On Oct 24, 2019
Vic2Ree:

Exactly! They are making the same amount of mid budget movies. I mean even this year, if you look at the top 70 movies only 30 or so are even near higher budget territory and the rest are not connected to any franchise, they're totally original. What Coppola and Scorcese don't want to talk about are the media landscape itself changing and all focus on streaming movies and premium television, which Scorcese should be thinking about, since he bitched about Netflik like this few years go but took that Irishman check this year, no problem. LMFAO!
so true bro. they know the issues, they're just being old assholes and whining grin
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Vic2Ree(m): 1:15pm On Oct 24, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:
Both of them will always be our Cassie
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Vic2Ree(m): 1:20pm On Oct 24, 2019
dragonflyy:

so true bro. they know the issues, they're just being old assholes and whining grin
They're also whining about the well made movies that are doing well and known about rather than the less good/worse reviewed ones of the same genre that might actually give the "saturating the market" argument some weight. Scorcese, Coppola et al really fall my hand to be honest. To me, they're all just picking on what's popular for attention.

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by AfricaGalactic(m): 2:35pm On Oct 24, 2019
Still find it hard to believe that the little girl that played Morgan Stark actually got cyber bullied to the point where they had to post this. Disgusting.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 24, 2019
Lala39:

XxSabrinaxX:

Lala39:

Ok
I mean, no disrespect to Fuhrmann, but Abby just played off Rudd in a way that was so great. Hope that if Ant Man 3 is slated for release in 2022, they at least consider getting her back, since she'd be the proper age at the point.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 24, 2019
KingGoblin:
Taika Waititi has even bigger plans for 'Thor: Love and Thunder
LINK

KING
Let me guess, the whole thing with Jane Foster getting Mjolnir is false and it's actually Korg who gets it?
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nickshrapnel: 3:16pm On Oct 24, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Let me guess, the whole thing with Jane Foster getting Mjolnir is false and it's actually Korg who gets it?
LOL, you know that can't happen
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by pu7pl3(m): 3:17pm On Oct 24, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

Lmao grin grin grin

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 24, 2019
Nickshrapnel:
LOL, you know that can't happen
It's Taika we're talking about innit? cheesy

Hmmm... undecided

Cranking up the improvisation of percentages from 80 to 100 grin

2 Likes

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nickshrapnel: 3:47pm On Oct 24, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

It's Taika we're talking about innit? cheesy

Hmmm... undecided

Cranking up the improvisation of percentages from 80 to 100 grin
If he’s gonna do that, then they might as well change the title to Thor: Stone and thunder grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by dragonflyy(m): 3:55pm On Oct 24, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahh... dead grin grin
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by dragonflyy(m): 3:57pm On Oct 24, 2019
Nickshrapnel:
If he’s gonna do that, then they might as well change the title to Thor: Stone and thunder grin
plot twist : korg gets cancer grin

1 Like

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by dragonflyy(m): 4:02pm On Oct 24, 2019
Vic2Ree:

They're also whining about the well made movies that are doing well and known about rather than the less good/worse reviewed ones of the same genre that might actually give the "saturating the market" argument some weight. Scorcese, Coppola et al really fall my hand to be honest. To me, they're all just picking on what's popular for attention.
i swear. marvel is doing the same thing they did with the comic books, which is to create a large universe that has many titles and stories. if trash dc hadn't screwed things up earlier to begin with, there would have been more balance, but now marvel is the only one doing something on this massive scale.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Nickshrapnel: 4:09pm On Oct 24, 2019
dragonflyy:

plot twist : korg gets cancer grin
Chris, Natalie and Tessa would be in a throuple relationship
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by Darkprime(m): 4:12pm On Oct 24, 2019
I think Disney/Marvel are holding back the TV shows way too long.

For Disney+ to work, they need to put out the primo stuff on first, otherwise if they just have the Disney back-catalog on there, people without kids will burn through it a couple of months and unsubscribe.
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe by AfricaGalactic(m): 4:33pm On Oct 24, 2019
XxSabrinaxX:

I mean, no disrespect to Fuhrmann, but Abby just played off Rudd in a way that was so great. Hope that if Ant Man 3 is slated for release in 2022, they at least consider getting her back, since she'd be the proper age at the point.
I thought Emma was excellent in her small Endgame appearance. I don't see why they'd bring Abby back, as great as she was. It's not like Marvel is against recasting but I feel like it would be weird for continuity reasons and they probably could've hired someone who looks more like Abby than Emma did, maybe do CGI, just not include Cassie, or have her snapped.

Emma mentioned in an interview that the Russos, Feige, and Reed all approved her in the casting process, so I trust they made the right decision. I think Abby was fantastic as Cassie too but I don't see them bringing her back. They want an older actress and they found one and it just makes sense to keep her.

(1) (2) (3) ... (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) ... (539) (Reply)

Thread For Anime Lovers (NO HENTAI PLEASE) / The Vampire Diaries and The Originals Fan Page / Big Brother Titans (BBTitans) 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.