Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,457 members, 7,770,137 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:21 AM

How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? (6662 Views)

Meridians Life Support Foundation Skill Acquisition Program / Chartered Institute Of Environmental And Public Health Management Of Nigeria / Degrees Are No Longer Enough: It's Time To Learn A Skill! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? by Plus10(m): 8:14am On Apr 03, 2019
Titugirl:

Yes, first Saturday... Not very certain about time but I think its 10am
Alright thanks
Re: How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? by Titugirl(f): 2:31pm On Apr 03, 2019
Plus10:

Alright thanks
You're welcome
Re: How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 09, 2019
Titugirl:

You're welcome

Happy birthday sweet, my senior with a whole 24hrs. Llnp
Re: How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? by Ajibaba101(m): 10:53am On Apr 10, 2019
see the best way to make the best oral presentation https://explicitsuccess.com/steps-for-preparing-effective-oral-presentation-2/

1 Like

Re: How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? by Titugirl(f): 6:24am On Apr 11, 2019
Drabeey:

Happy birthday sweet, my senior with a whole 24hrs. Llnp
Happy belated birthday dear
Re: How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Apr 12, 2019
Titugirl:

Happy belated birthday dear

Thanks sweet!
I hope u enjoyed yours
Re: How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? by Titugirl(f): 11:06pm On Apr 12, 2019
Drabeey:

Thanks sweet!
I hope u enjoyed yours
I sure did
Re: How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? by Nobody: 5:46am On Apr 14, 2019
Titugirl:

I sure did

I sent you a pm.
Re: How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? by gerizzim: 4:24pm On Apr 14, 2019
Titugirl:
i'm a law student but i'm always shy when i have to speak in public, please i want suggestions and ideas on how one can build up a good advocacy and public speaking skill?
d hidden truth of bin a good public speaker is not rilly attending a tutorial session or master class or wateva sematic it is called.

Dos master class most tyms gives you a temporary therapy to your hunger to be a good public speaker.

A lasting solution comes from inside outside. If you want to be a very good public speaker,be a lover of books. Be a very good reader of any ND everything you can lay ur hands on.

Watching professional tv presentation too will help.in here, I will say watch more of news,talk shows and mature on-air debate ND less of Nollywood crap

Be observant too how presentation is done in seminars ,churches and events.

This will surely help you dou not making you an overnight guru in pub speaking but it's a sure ND gradual way . watsapp mi a PR officer08094943690

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? by Titugirl(f): 11:59pm On Apr 14, 2019
gerizzim:
d hidden truth of bin a good public speaker is not rilly attending a tutorial session or master class or wateva sematic it is called.

Dos master class most tyms gives you a temporary therapy to your hunger to be a good public speaker.

A lasting solution comes from inside outside. If you want to be a very good public speaker,be a lover of books. Be a very good reader of any ND everything you can lay ur hands on.

Watching professional tv presentation too will help.in here, I will say watch more of news,talk shows and mature on-air debate ND less of Nollywood crap

Be observant too how presentation is done in seminars ,churches and events.

This will surely help you dou not making you an overnight guru in pub speaking but it's a sure ND gradual way . watsapp mi a PR officer08094943690
Thank you.. I'd definitely send you a dm
Re: How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? by Yemisiadeslay: 2:37pm On Mar 11, 2020
there are numerous to choose from. google is your friend
Re: How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? by Jamalaliyuman: 3:03pm On Mar 11, 2020
theres a public speaking school in Lagos. I attend their program once. it was so great. let me google the name

1 Like

Re: How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? by obinneka2020: 3:38pm On Mar 11, 2020
Fordax public speaking school is the place to be, Dr Miki offers great professional public speaking courses that would enable one overcome the fear of public speaking, Dr Miki can be reached on WhatsApp by clicking this link https:///2347035957197
Titugirl:
i'm a law student but i'm always shy when i have to speak in public, please i want suggestions and ideas on how one can build up a good advocacy and public speaking skill?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? by Jamalaliyuman: 10:20am On Mar 12, 2020
I attended my own public speaking training at Fordax. We were about 3 students in my set which made it easy for the trainers to know me. It was a good experience for me. We had live practices every Saturday where we stand on the stage to speak. I would recommend the school. Their Lagos program has really helped.

Titugirl:

1 Like

Re: How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? by lovethchioma(f): 5:50pm On Mar 12, 2020
Who attends toastmaster club in Abuja? I need to know the one to attend in Abuja that will help me speak eloquently with good confidence.

The venue and meeting days will be helpful
Re: How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? by sexylassie2(f): 5:55pm On Mar 12, 2020
lovethchioma:
Who attends toastmaster club in Abuja? I need to know the one to attend in Abuja that will help me speak eloquently with good confidence.

The venue and meeting days will be helpful

Go to their website, you will see location for abuja, I think it is at wuse 2

1 Like

Re: How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? by lovethchioma(f): 6:10pm On Mar 12, 2020
sexylassie2:

Go to their website, you will see location for abuja, I think it is at wuse 2
Okay thanks.
Re: How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? by Titugirl(f): 9:35pm On Mar 12, 2020
Jamalaliyuman:
I attended my own public speaking training at Fordax. We were about 3 students in my set which made it easy for the trainers to know me. It was a good experience for me. We had live practices every Saturday where we stand on the stage to speak. I would recommend the school. Their Lagos program has really helped.

Thank you. Pls can you give details about what it would take to enroll in fordax
Re: How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? by TakeYourChance: 5:44pm On Jun 29, 2020
Titugirl:

Practice, especially in front of a mirror. use your friends as guinea pigs too, to practice.

Generally, relax, breathe, have key points on piece of paper, and also imagine your audience are sitting on a toilet or nude(this will make you relax, it is a common global advice looool and it works.)

Except you want to go to court, there are also many other roles, even more lucrative- PA at a top company, Legal Advisor, Product/Service Compliance Manager, Market regulator, Legal Officer, etc in different sectors from the bust oil and gas, to agriculture, startup, health, finance, education, etc. Read online articles like www.disrupt-africa.com , www.techcabal.com and www.techpoint.ng etc to see such amazing companies in Nigeria and Africa.

In addition, you dont need to work in an office. Even before corona virus, it is common to work from home for a company in Nigeria or abroad.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? by Titugirl(f): 6:46pm On Jun 29, 2020
TakeYourChance:

Practice, especially in front of a mirror. use your friends as guinea pigs too, to practice.

Generally, relax, breathe, have key points on piece of paper, and also imagine your audience are sitting on a toilet or nude(this will make you relax, it is a common global advice looool and it works.)

Except you want to go to court, there are also many other roles, even more lucrative- PA at a top company, Legal Advisor, Product/Service Compliance Manager, Market regulator, Legal Officer, etc in different sectors from the bust oil and gas, to agriculture, startup, health, finance, education, etc. Read online articles like www.disrupt-africa.com , www.techcabal.com and www.techpoint.ng etc to see such amazing companies in Nigeria and Africa.

In addition, you dont need to work in an office. Even before corona virus, it is common to work from home for a company in Nigeria or abroad.
Thanks for your input. I would read the articles
Re: How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? by fatokunbolu: 1:18pm On Jan 16, 2022
You can become a good public speaker through having a good trainer, making sure you seize every opportunity to make yourself better or simply belonging to a public speaking community and you just might become good enough as public speaker that you'll want to build a career out of it.

You could join a fast growing public speaking community based in Nigeria called SPS (Society of Public Speakers). They organize the SPS Speaker Conference, and big events for speakers to talk, which also would be of help to you. Message ODU'ola, He's a public speaking coach and Head of SPS.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? by Titugirl(f): 5:13pm On Feb 08, 2022
Alright, I will. Thank you
Re: How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? by emusmithyy(m): 10:18am On Jun 29, 2022
Titugirl:

Yes, I'm still improving though but I'm definitely a better speaker than I was

What about now?

Really wanna start
Re: How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? by Ofon1million: 9:03pm On Nov 17, 2022
I've become an advocate for the Fordax Public Speaking School Abuja.

I made this decision after their program helped my life.

I got a message yesterday saying they now run a public speaking club in Abuja every week.

The public speaking club is an opportunity to master public speaking by constantly speaking and getting feedback.

I was also told it'd be as cheap as N2,500 per month for membership.

This is there website - https://abujapublicspeakingclub.com.ng

Personally, I prefer their 4 weekends training. It's more intensive and has produced too many great results.

Just Google Fordax online to see for yourself.

Re: How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? by mickum(m): 1:26pm On Nov 19, 2022
Please Call let's talk

(1) (2) (Reply)

NUPENG Begins Strike In Warri / Befitting Architectural Designs / Another List Of Successful Candidates For Nigerian Airforce Recruitment 2014 Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.