Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. (31048 Views)

Security Agents Comb Site In New Push Against Magu / Soldiers Capture Boko Haram Gun Truck In Goneri Town / Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by PhockPhockMan: 4:39am On Mar 16, 2015
The military is set for a final push to retake Gwoza, Sambisa and Goneri, the last three major havens of Boko Haram insurgents.
This is in furtherance of its determination to make the areas safe ahead of the upcoming general elections.

Also, the military plans to use this week to review its ongoing campaign in the North-east.

Gwoza Local Government Area (LGA) of Borno State, which is the de facto headquarters of Boko Haram self-proclaimed but dwindling caliphate, Goneri town in Gujuba LGA of Yobe State, and Sambisa Forest are among the last strongholds of the Boko Haram terror group in the North Eastern Nigeria yet to be liberated by the Nigerian military with the support of troops of the allied countries of the Lake Chad Basin Commission.

Military sources, who spoke to THISDAY, disclosed that Gwoza is the only major town yet to be recaptured.

The sources noted that even though Bama has not been officially declared liberated, "as there are still some strategic mop up operations", all LGAs have been retrieved from the insurgents except Gwoza.

"Apart from Gwoza LGA another remaining part of the Nigerian territory to be liberated is Goneri town in Gujuba LGA of Yobe State."

It would be recalled that the Director of Defence Information (DDI), Maj-Gen. Chris Olukolade, while on a tour mission in the North-East last week confirmed the completion of the operations in Adamawa State.

Olukolade said that the Nigerian troops have succeeded in clearing terrorists out of Madagali, which is the last frontier held by the Boko Haram terrorists in Adamawa State.

He also noted mopping up is on-going in other areas, and that more details would be provided by the Defence Headquarters (DHQ).

The Defence Spokesman, however, could not speak further on the operations when contacted by THISDAY, especially the nature of the territories still under the siege of the Boko Haram terrorists.

Nevertheless, some top security and intelligence sources told THISDAY that the only remaining town in Yobe (Goneri) would soon be liberated as the military are already headed there to engage the terrorists.

They also noted that Bama would soon be officially declared liberated, while a major and final onslaught would be launched to free Gwoza.

On Sambisa forest, military sources explained that the forest is a large territory that straddles across four LGAs in Borno state including Bama, Konduga and Gwoza.

"This to the effect tells you that any LGAs that have been recaptured also include the part of Sambisa forest within it. I can tell you that there was massive bombardment of that area and most of the terrorists have also fled," the source said.

One intelligence source further explained that most of the Boko Haram terrorists are majorly concentrated in Gwoza town, and that their control does not cover all parts of the LGAs.

The source noted that the planning for the final liberation is well detailed and cautious because of the difficult terrain of Gwoza, which is criss-crossed with caves, dangerous mountains, valleys and parts of the dreaded Sambisa forests.

"However, I am sure that in a matter of days the major combat operations would be achieved and mopping up operations would follow, if things go according to the plans. We are positive because the troop’s morale is high and we have appreciable right kind of arms and ammunition to finish the job. The victory is at hand," the source assured.

Meanwhile, the Chief of Army Staff (COAS) 2015 First Quarter Conference coming up this week will be tailored to seek new ways to improve the ongoing strategies in the counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency efforts in the North East.

The Acting Director of the Army Public Relations (DAPR), Col. Sani Usman, disclosed this in a statement yesterday, saying that the conference is also aimed at discussing general administration of soldiers.

According to Usman, the first quarter conference will be "reviewing the ongoing military campaign against terrorists in the North East and other internal security operations, as well as taking stock of Nigerian Army's activities within the last three months".

He said that "the conference will also project and strategize for the next quarter and the remaining part of the year and consider the Nigerian Army development plan in the next 20 years.

"Preparations for ensuring security before, during and after the 2015 General elections will also feature in the agenda".

The Army Spokesman added that conference was expected to take far reaching decisions that would place the Army in a more robust position to effectively carry out its constitutional duties.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/army-in-final-push-against-boko-haram-in-gwoza-sambisa-goneri/204118/

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by temitemi1(m): 4:44am On Mar 16, 2015
We are moving forward... GEJ till 2019!!!

96 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by Ayoola171(m): 5:09am On Mar 16, 2015
Never again shall terrorist took over any part of our dearest Nation. May the presence of God never depart from our Gallant men; as they proceed on the final battle. God bless Nigeria, amen.

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by dunkem21(m): 5:12am On Mar 16, 2015
#NeverAgain

35 Likes

Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by deskossy(m): 5:23am On Mar 16, 2015
I pray they apprehend shekau soon

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by eleko1: 5:28am On Mar 16, 2015
Ok.Election must hold on 28 sha undecided.CHANGE IS IMMINENT.

14 Likes

Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by Nobody: 5:28am On Mar 16, 2015
May the Lord give them victory

Sai Buhari!!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by phlemzy: 5:38am On Mar 16, 2015
Six weeks of unimaginable wonders! GEJ the blood of those innocent souls will tail you for playing politics with their souls.

33 Likes

Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by StealthyMe(m): 6:03am On Mar 16, 2015
What pains me is that this is just an election winning strategy undecided If only the Nigerian government could have been this responsive to this issue from the onset,it would have been a massive point scorer for this government. But, uncountable deaths after and an election drawing near,our ogas gave finally decided to take the lives of the masses seriously sad

18 Likes

Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by tit(f): 6:22am On Mar 16, 2015
StealthyMe:
What pains me is that this is just an election winning strategy undecided If only the Nigerian government could have been this responsive to this issue from the onset,it would have been a massive point scorer for this government. But, uncountable deaths after and an election drawing near,our ogas gave finally decided to take the lives of the masses seriously sad

your boko haram terrorist strategy has been nullified by NA's brilliant 6-week campaign.
even mallam shekau no cry pass you for this matter!
na wetin?

phlemzy:
Six weeks of unimaginable wonders! GEJ the blood of those innocent souls will tail you for playing politics with their souls.

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by StealthyMe(m): 6:34am On Mar 16, 2015
tit:

your boko haram terrorist strategy has been nullified by NA's brilliant 6-week campaign.
na wetin?

You don't get my point do you? And i can totally understand...its the GEJ euphoric sensation that has clouded your judgement.
What i simply meant was,seeing the recent success of the army,wouldn't it have been better if this had come earlier and innocent lives had been saved. My guess is you haven't lost any loved one to this BH dilemma.
Why this is coming now is not because the president cares for the people,its cos he needs their votes. I am not an avid supporter of any party...lest you crucify me,i am just a concerned citizen.
After lives had been wasted,with our president turning a blind eye and dancing away,suddenly election day draws nigh and he needs our votes,he decides to go on a BH rampage ( something that should have been done earlier).
It just doesn't work that way...At all bros! Nigerians are the wiser for it undecided

53 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by speaktome(m): 6:36am On Mar 16, 2015
Victory is from God!!

Ride on our Galant Soldiers!!

The Lord is your Strenght!!

11 Likes

Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by justi4jesu(f): 6:37am On Mar 16, 2015
Forward ever.

5 Likes

Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by fr3do(m): 6:39am On Mar 16, 2015
More power to their elbows!

6 Likes

Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by adsguyy: 6:39am On Mar 16, 2015
go go gi
Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by Nutase: 6:40am On Mar 16, 2015
shocked
Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by blackjack21(m): 6:40am On Mar 16, 2015
gringringrin

06:40:12
Mon, Mar 16, 2015
Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by luvinhubby(m): 6:40am On Mar 16, 2015
Shame on those that sympathised with boko haram & insulted our soldiers for selfish political gains.

Shame on those working clandestinely both locally & globally to destroy Nigeria & make it's leaders look bad to boost their political chances.

Shame on those tearing Nigeria along religious & ethnic lines in the night only to wake up in the morning blaming our president.

And big SHAME on those using media propaganda against our gallant soldiers to make the the govt. of the day appear weak.

To all of them we say.....NEVER AGAIN.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by fr3do(m): 6:40am On Mar 16, 2015
StealthyMe:
You don't get my point do you? And i can totally understand...its the GEJ euphoric sensation that has clouded your judgement.
What i simply meant was,seeing the recent success of the army,wouldn't it have been better if this had come earlier and innocent lives had been saved. My guess is you haven't lost any loved one to this BH dilemma.
Why this is coming now is not because the president cares for the people,its cos he needs their votes. I am not an avid supporter of any party...lest you crucify me,i am just a concerned citizen.
After lives had been wasted,with our president turning a blind eye and dancing away,suddenly election day draws nigh and he needs our votes,he decides to go on a BH rampage ( something that should have been done earlier).
It just doesn't work that way...At all bros! Nigerians are the wiser for it undecided

Initially when the Army was making progress under Ihejirika, was it not the opposition that was crying massacre thereby spoiling chances of the Army getting assistance from foreign countries?
Didn't your principal, Buhari say that an attack on boko haram is an attack on the entire north?

APC, a disgusting unpatriotic contraption.

71 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by free2ryhme: 6:40am On Mar 16, 2015
grin grin

The fear of buhari has finally given us a sign of peace. It has always been lack of will from the govt that has resulted in the death of over 15k pple, displacement of millions, economic destruction of these communities and states. Only God can judge this govt.

Good work Nigerian army! I am a huge supporter of APC and I strongly believe that it is a shame that this government waited 5years(13000 death) to do what can actually be done in 6 weeks! Its also a shame that the only thing that motivates the president is election!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by Flets: 6:41am On Mar 16, 2015
And the anguish continues in APC quarters

Buhari continues to loose his campaign points

Patriotic Nigerians continue to smile and hail NA

And we all say..... GEJ Continua!!!!!!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by Nobody: 6:42am On Mar 16, 2015
Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by octopusfreaky(f): 6:43am On Mar 16, 2015
SMH for this country,,,when elections are fast approaching their senses are back to normal....
Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by efilefun(m): 6:43am On Mar 16, 2015
I just pray they defeat this boko haram guyz so we can all head to the polls on the 28 and vote out the clueless one that left the matter of boko haram to last until now that he needs the votes of the masses, trying to bribe the masses at the die minute kojoooor, we are wiser than you think.... I have never seen any politician performing excellently in his second term even including fashola, you can't compare his first tenure to his second... So what does this clueless dog have for the country when he couldn't do anything in the first tenure... E go balance suck and dry Nigeria economy before una blink una eyes...

I just wonder if those shouting GEJ till 2019 don't have brain to think or they are just babies in this Nigeria political environment to know how things are being done.

A normal politician use the achievements of his first tenure to get votes for second term then relax, but oga Jona decided to start relaxing from his first tenure Cuz he knew he signed an agreement with PDP not to contest for 2nd term, all this one his doing is just "oju aiye" God will surely bring him down Cuz he got no good intentions for the nation .

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by chuksvialle(m): 6:44am On Mar 16, 2015
phlemzy:
get a life, mr clueless like u

6 Likes

Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by sholly007: 6:47am On Mar 16, 2015
Great move!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by lonelydora: 6:47am On Mar 16, 2015
Kudos to our gallant men.

3 Likes

Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by Icekyng: 6:47am On Mar 16, 2015
tit:

na wetin?

It is too early to insult yhu.
He commented brilliantly
Its just that when yhu PDP hear d truth, u just block ur ear
Why he no go cry for wetn dy go wrong for country
May God run ur life the way Jonathan has bn running Nigeria
Cn i hear a big amen ?
Smh

6 Likes

Re: Army In Final Push Against Boko Haram In Gwoza, Sambisa, Goneri. by duni04(m): 6:47am On Mar 16, 2015
OP please edit: SA\Russian\Ukrainian Mercenaries and Chadian soldiers in final push against Boko Haram! Let's not give that clueless dunce in Abuja any credit for what he didn't do!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: I Did Not Write The AGF, It Is Fake News - Emeka Ihedioha / President Buhari Arrives Abuja From London, February10,2016. / Chineye Amaechi Is Dead! Victor Oye's Daughter Dies Of Typhoid And Malaria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.