Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Groom Fails Math Test; Indian Bride Walks Out Of Wedding - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Groom Fails Math Test; Indian Bride Walks Out Of Wedding (1450 Views)

List Of Things A Guy First Sees In A Lady Before He Walks Up To Woo Her / Guy Proposes To A Girl At Florida Mall And She Walks Out (Photos) / What Is The Excitement Of Wedding Night When Your Wife Is Not A Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Groom Fails Math Test; Indian Bride Walks Out Of Wedding by boujaye: 11:04am On Mar 16, 2015
NEW DELHI (AP) - An Indian bride has walked out of her wedding ceremony after her groom-to-be failed to solve a simple math problem.

The bride tested the groom on his math skills and when he got the sum wrong, she walked out.

The question she asked: How much is 15 plus six.

His reply: 17.

The groom's family tried persuading the bride to return, but she refused. She said the groom had misled them about his education.

Local police mediated between the families and both sides returned all the gifts that had been exchanged before the wedding, police officer Rakesh Kumar said Friday.

Most marriages in India are arranged by the families of the bride and groom. Except for brief meetings, the couple rarely get to know each other before the nuptials.

I don't support the guys trying to play a smart one, but Naija gurls, would you have toed the same line with this India girl? Is education a pre-requisite? what is your take?

link:[url]http://www.aol.com/article/2015/03/13/groom-fails-math-test-indian-bride-walks-out-of-wedding/21152915/?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl17|sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D627459[/url]

1 Like

Re: Groom Fails Math Test; Indian Bride Walks Out Of Wedding by richol(m): 11:15am On Mar 16, 2015
too bad for the groom
Re: Groom Fails Math Test; Indian Bride Walks Out Of Wedding by jashar(f): 11:31am On Mar 16, 2015
kiss correct babe. Despising the shame and refusing to settle for less.

1 Like

Re: Groom Fails Math Test; Indian Bride Walks Out Of Wedding by sinizia: 2:02pm On Mar 16, 2015
boujaye:
NEW DELHI (AP) - An Indian bride has walked out of her wedding ceremony after her groom-to-be failed to solve a simple math problem.

The bride tested the groom on his math skills and when he got the sum wrong, she walked out.

The question she asked: How much is 15 plus six.

His reply: 17.

The groom's family tried persuading the bride to return, but she refused. She said the groom had misled them about his education.

Local police mediated between the families and both sides returned all the gifts that had been exchanged before the wedding, police officer Rakesh Kumar said Friday.

Most marriages in India are arranged by the families of the bride and groom. Except for brief meetings, the couple rarely get to know each other before the nuptials.

I don't support the guys trying to play a smart one, but Naija gurls, would you have toed the same line with this India girl? Is education a pre-requisite? what is your take?

Link?
Re: Groom Fails Math Test; Indian Bride Walks Out Of Wedding by boujaye: 2:32pm On Mar 16, 2015
Re: Groom Fails Math Test; Indian Bride Walks Out Of Wedding by dammillicious: 2:51pm On Mar 16, 2015
A practical example showing that a honest WASCE will more likely be preferrable than an assumed PHD grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Groom Fails Math Test; Indian Bride Walks Out Of Wedding by Raymysterio(m): 3:29pm On Mar 16, 2015
Which kain broom... Sorry.. Groom be dis?
Re: Groom Fails Math Test; Indian Bride Walks Out Of Wedding by slybe: 4:01pm On Mar 16, 2015
I saw this news on washingtonpost, but this groom na big olodo. Common fifteen plus 6
Re: Groom Fails Math Test; Indian Bride Walks Out Of Wedding by yungryce: 4:49pm On Mar 16, 2015
Re: Groom Fails Math Test; Indian Bride Walks Out Of Wedding by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 16, 2015
This can't happen in Naija. Marriage is a do or die affair for some women in Nigeria.
Re: Groom Fails Math Test; Indian Bride Walks Out Of Wedding by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 16, 2015
slybe:
I saw this news on washingtonpost, but this groom na big olodo. Common fifteen plus 6

What is 15+6?
Re: Groom Fails Math Test; Indian Bride Walks Out Of Wedding by DocAdray(f): 8:37pm On Mar 16, 2015
The bride knows what she wants and obviously won't settle for anything less..

1 Like

Re: Groom Fails Math Test; Indian Bride Walks Out Of Wedding by slybe: 8:45am On Mar 17, 2015
handsomeness:

What is 15+6?
Are you sure you are not the groom.
Re: Groom Fails Math Test; Indian Bride Walks Out Of Wedding by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 17, 2015
slybe:
Are you sure you are not the groom.

grin
Re: Groom Fails Math Test; Indian Bride Walks Out Of Wedding by Mhizizzy(f): 10:10am On Mar 17, 2015
Dumb
Re: Groom Fails Math Test; Indian Bride Walks Out Of Wedding by Nobody: 2:39am On Mar 18, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Omg, I'm dead! To be fair, I would be just as appalled. 15 + 6 = 17? Really, Patel?! Really?

No way in hell I'm paying that groom price -Rajeesh knows the answer!

2 Likes

Re: Groom Fails Math Test; Indian Bride Walks Out Of Wedding by Nobody: 3:04am On Mar 18, 2015
jashar:
kiss correct babe. Despising the shame and refusing to settle for less.
and you think Thats d best option....smh
Re: Groom Fails Math Test; Indian Bride Walks Out Of Wedding by Nobody: 3:06am On Mar 18, 2015
15+6=?
Re: Groom Fails Math Test; Indian Bride Walks Out Of Wedding by Nobody: 5:10am On Mar 18, 2015
Ipledge:
15+6=?

Just, wow.

'To the left
To the left...'
undecided
Re: Groom Fails Math Test; Indian Bride Walks Out Of Wedding by sdavirus: 8:49am On Mar 18, 2015
If she was so wise, she would have asked that question earlier..... BEFORE they got to the wedding stage. She was just looking for a way out..... Simply put.
Re: Groom Fails Math Test; Indian Bride Walks Out Of Wedding by jashar(f): 9:16am On Mar 18, 2015
Ipledge:
and you think Thats d best option....smh

Smh back @ u sweerie. tongue
Re: Groom Fails Math Test; Indian Bride Walks Out Of Wedding by Exjoker(m): 9:32am On Mar 18, 2015
Nawao for this groom o. Me no blame the bride
Re: Groom Fails Math Test; Indian Bride Walks Out Of Wedding by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 18, 2015
jashar:

Smh back @ u sweerie. tongue
make I no talk sha

(1) (Reply)

Guyz This Is For U,ladies You Are Invited To Join If You Care To. / 5 Things Women Shouldn't Do In The Name Of MARRIAGE / Is This Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.