Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,668 members, 7,801,932 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers (19159 Views)

The 10 Most Inspirational Female Engineers In The World / See What This Woman Did In Construction Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by Nobody: 11:24am On Mar 16, 2015
Please I would like to know the ratio of cement to sand and gravel concrete mix using the ratio 1:2:4 and 1:3:6.....like in 1:2:4 I heard it's a bag of cement to two wheebarrows of sand and 4wheelbarrows of gravelani don't know how true it is.
Secondly,pls how many headpans of sand is in a wheelbarrow and how many wheelbarrows of sand is a tonn.......thanks and God bless
Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by klassicomega(m): 12:02pm On Mar 16, 2015
Its ratio 1:2:4
1bag of cement to 2wheel barrow of sand and 4 wheelbarrows of gravel.
25 headpans makes a tonne

2 Likes

Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 16, 2015
klassicomega:
Its ratio 1:2:4
1bag of cement to 2wheel barrow of sand and 4 wheelbarrows of gravel.
25 headpans makes a tonne
thanks..God bless
Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 18, 2015
So,does it means two headpans makes a wheelbarrow?because two headpans makes a bag of cement
Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by klassicomega(m): 12:34pm On Mar 18, 2015
Approximate. But the basic thing is thatan whichever tools that you want to adopt as a means of measurement, be consistent. If its heapan that you want to adopt, be consistent with it. If its wheelbarrow, be consistent. By so doing, you will be able to control the outcome of your measurement thereby avoiding unnecessary variations that might bring about confusion
Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by Nobody: 2:28pm On Mar 18, 2015
klassicomega:
Approximate. But the basic thing is thatan whichever tools that you want to adopt as a means of measurement, be consistent. If its heapan that you want to adopt, be consistent with it. If its wheelbarrow, be consistent. By so doing, you will be able to control the outcome of your measurement thereby avoiding unnecessary variations that might bring about confusion
thanks boss
Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 26, 2015
thanks..God bless
This must b a highest order confusion! How come will u say 1:2:4 and equate it to 1bag of cement to 2wheelbarrows just as d number appears! Ain't u using batch by volume?? Is it possible a bag of cement full a wheelbarrow ...unless mayb in lab shar....lol
On site where d real tin happens, a bag of cement is 2headpans and a wheelbarrow is 4headpans. For a bag of cement, u'll b using 1wheelbarrow of sand and 2wheelbarrow of gravel. Do the maths urself and verify it PRACTICALLY! ...*winks*...1Love!

4 Likes

Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 26, 2015
So,does it means two headpans makes a wheelbarrow?because two headpans makes a bag of cement

This must b a highest order confusion! How come will u say 1:2:4 and equate it to 1bag of cement to 2wheelbarrows just as d number appears! Ain't u using batch by volume?? Is it possible a bag of cement full a wheelbarrow ...unless mayb in lab shar....lol
On site where d real tin happens, a bag of cement is 2headpans and a wheelbarrow is 4headpans. For a bag of cement, u'll b using 1wheelbarrow of sand and 2wheelbarrow of gravel. Do the maths urself and verify it PRACTICALLY! ...*winks*...1Love!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by koolengrtimmy(m): 7:54am On Sep 27, 2015
1bag of cement -- 2 headpans !
1:2:4 means -- 2 headpans of cement , 4 headpans of fine aggregate (sand), 8 headpans of coarse aggegate(gravel).

1:3:6--- 2 headpans of cement, 6 headpans of fine aggregate (sand), 12 headpans of coarse aggegate(gravel).
4headpans = I wheel barrow, 20 bags of cement-- 1 tonnage of cement, 1bag of cement --50kg, 1 headpan full-- 25kg, 40 headpans full--1 tonne;

There are other mix ratio depending on structural elements to be built and workability of fresh concrete .

4 Likes

Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by geejayjax: 9:43am On Jun 17, 2016
The info here has been of help.... Thanks
Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by 11elisha(m): 9:29pm On Jan 23, 2018
How many shovel makes an headpan please
Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by Muyi002(m): 2:51pm On May 12, 2019
Please for a normal pillar for the building where the blocks will be joined and that of the front of the building, what ratio is advice.
Kindly assist.
Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by Amastermovic(m): 5:44pm On May 12, 2019
Muyi002:
Please for a normal pillar for the building where the blocks will be joined and that of the front of the building, what ratio is advice.
Kindly assist.

Use 1:2:4
Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by Muyi002(m): 5:08am On May 18, 2019
Amastermovic:

Many thanks.
Please I have three questions, please what quantity of sand, cement and granite/gravel stones will be required
1. To make a pillar that will be between block joining
2. To make lintel on 9 inch block
3. No of cement to lay 100 blocks
Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by koolengrtimmy(m): 6:23am On May 18, 2019
Muyi002:

Many thanks.
Please I have three questions, please what quantity of sand, cement and granite/gravel stones will be required

3--2.5--3 bags is enough, some use 2bags to lay 100blocks.

You may need to learn how this quantity is calculated from diagrams ok. It will help in future.

Whatsapp me let me explain some things to you .
Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by koolengrtimmy(m): 6:25am On May 18, 2019
Amastermovic:

Just like that,

The way you folks pick up ratio like ...

Do you know they type of building.

No wonder columns buckle at will
Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by Amastermovic(m): 9:52am On May 18, 2019
koolengrtimmy:

Just like that,

The way you folks pick up ratio like ...

Do you know they type of building.

No wonder columns buckle at will

firstly Engr. the minimum mix ratio for a reinforced concrete is what I provide to the op and he's not employing d service of a structural engr and from his post you know he's building a bungalow or most a 2 storey building which 1:2:4 is still likely to work or work self

The buckling issue engr is caused when u didn't factor your load rightly and the member can not resist d forces here I didn't choose the column size nor reinforcement...
columns does not buckle by will sir. you can only say next time be sure to ask for the intended use of d structure and conditions

Thank you Engr morning

1 Like

Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by Amastermovic(m): 9:59am On May 18, 2019
Muyi002:

Many thanks.

What's the intended use of the structure let me know to help you accordingly. if you have d Architectural drawings it will go along way..

check my signature and contact me on whatsapp or upload it here If u wish
Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by Muyi002(m): 6:07pm On May 18, 2019
Amastermovic:

What's the intended use of the structure let me know to help you accordingly. if you have d Architectural drawings it will go along way..

check my signature and contact me on whatsapp or upload it here If u wish

Many thanks.
Please see attached.
I intend to out up 11 (two front pillars inclusive) pillars so the concrete parapet does not fully rest on the blocks.

Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by Muyi002(m): 6:13pm On May 18, 2019
koolengrtimmy:

3--2.5--3 bags is enough, some use 2bags to lay 100blocks.

You may need to learn how this quantity is calculated from diagrams ok. It will help in future.

Whatsapp me let me explain some things to you .
Sorry, please I don't understand. Is it 3 bags per pillar or what. Kindly assist with your WhatsApp number to assist
Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by Amastermovic(m): 7:34pm On May 18, 2019
Muyi002:

Many thanks.
Please see attached.
I intend to out up 11 (two front pillars inclusive) pillars so the concrete parapet does not fully rest on the blocks.

downloaded will get back to u when am true
Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by koolengrtimmy(m): 11:42pm On May 18, 2019
Amastermovic:

firstly Engr. the minimum mix ratio for a reinforced concrete is what I provide to the op and he's not employing d service of a structural engr and from his post you know he's building a bungalow or most a 2 storey building which 1:2:4 is still likely to work or work self

The buckling issue engr is caused when u didn't factor your load rightly and the member can not resist d forces here I didn't choose the column size nor reinforcement...
columns does not buckle by will sir. you can only say next time be sure to ask for the intended use of d structure and conditions

Thank you Engr morning

Thank you for the feedback ,
Dont be offended anyway.
Good evening from here .

1 Like

Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by koolengrtimmy(m): 11:46pm On May 18, 2019
Muyi002:

Sorry, please I don't understand. Is it 3 bags per pillar or what. Kindly assist with your WhatsApp number to assist

2.5 --3 bags of cement i mean to lay 100blocks.
Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by Muyi002(m): 9:33am On May 19, 2019
koolengrtimmy:

2.5 --3 bags of cement i mean to lay 100blocks.

My question for the first two weren't answered
Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by koolengrtimmy(m): 11:39am On May 19, 2019
Muyi002:

My question for the first two weren't answered

Amastermovic is getting along with you and i really must appreciate his response.

Dont expect one rough quote like a layman from us just like that.

Oya whatsapp me 08060241635
Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by Muyi002(m): 3:50pm On May 19, 2019
koolengrtimmy:

Amastermovic is getting along with you and i really must appreciate his response.

Oya no vex na. I have done as required.

Many thanks
Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by Amastermovic(m): 3:54pm On May 19, 2019
Muyi002:

Many thanks.

A bag of cement to lay 50numbers of 9inches block

for a column of 225by225 each use....

cement 16 bags
gravel 35 wheel barrow
sharp sand 17.5 wheel barrow

I estimated using wheel barrow to measure the materials needed incase u still have materials available at ur site because in tonnes its small..

though I don't know what stage of work u r presently if you r just starting adding d footing German floor etc to the estimation will increase it... if you already built and only want to insert d columns estimating the materials will give a better view of the materials like 5tonnes which can easily be got.. I hope you understand this... and my bozz koolengrtimmy will finish d rest for u via whatsapp..
Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by Muyi002(m): 5:41pm On May 19, 2019
koolengrtimmy:

Bros, thanks so much for the time on WhatsApp
Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by Muyi002(m): 5:46pm On May 19, 2019
Amastermovic:

cement 16 bags
gravel 35 wheel barrow

I estimated using wheel barrow to measure the materials needed incase u still have materials available at ur site because in tonnes its small..

though I don't know what stage of work u r presently if you r just starting adding d footing German floor etc to the estimation will increase it... if you already built and only want to insert d columns estimating the materials will give a better view of the materials like 5tonnes which can easily be got.. I hope you understand this... and my bozz koolengrtimmy will finish d rest for u via whatsapp..

Thanks a bunch to the two of you
Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by koolengrtimmy(m): 6:39pm On May 19, 2019
Muyi002:

Bros, thanks so much for the time on WhatsApp g

I am not a boss o
I am also learning

One love bros
Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by koolengrtimmy(m): 6:40pm On May 19, 2019
Amastermovic:

cement 16 bags
gravel 35 wheel barrow

Thank you boss , this is very detailed.
Re: I Need The Contributions Of Experienced Construction Site Engineers by Muyi002(m): 6:19am On Sep 08, 2019
Dear Good people,

Please assist with materials for concrete parapet that is moderate for a building dimension of 19.8m by 13m

I would also appreciate if you can give the number of parapet curves in a 1 by 12 plank.

Thank you as I await feedback.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sack Policemen Who Also Impregnate Women Out Of Wedlock - Okei-odumaki Urges IGP / Stanbic IBTC Fires 250 Of Their Staff Nationwide / What Money-Making Skill Do You Have Or Wish To Learn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.