Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:31 AM

Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams (710 Views)

Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams / POLLS: 6m OPC Members Will Vote For Jonathan –Gani Adams / Gani Adams Reveals That 85% Of Lagosians Want Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by ducii: 4:18pm On Mar 16, 2015
ABEOKUTA – The National Cordinator of Oodua Peoples’ Congress, Chief Gani Adams has explained that his group resolved to endorse President Goodluck Jonathan for a second term, because of the promise to implement the report of national confab.
Adams also explained that, the OPC decided to dump former Lagos State governor and national leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tibubu for the People’s Democratic Party candidate because the former governor had lost the focus.
The OPC leader said this, during the Olokun festival and 2015 Lisabi day held in Abeokuta , Weekend, describing the festival as very important to Yoruba race.
While fielding questions with newsmen on the coming elections, Adams disclosed that, most groups have adopted President Jonathan for second term because of the pledge to implement 633 recommendations of the confab.
According to him, If it is the wish of President Jonathan to implement the outcome of the National Conference, let him be the President for a second term. That’s our position. That’s the position of OPC. Gani Adams, Fasehun; that’s the position of Afenifere. That’s the position of the Yoruba Council of Elders, that’s the position of many self-determination groups.
“Yet some civil society groups have kept quiet on these issues. So, we need to move this country forward on the basis of structure and not about saying Buhari will come to perform miracle. When Buhari was in power, it was Buhari/Idiagbon government, not only Buhari. Idiagbon did much of the job in government. Buhari was just the administrator. Idiagbon was the master-strategist of that government”, he said .
While explaining the reason the OPC dumped Tinubu’s party, for Jonathan, Adams said ” and my brother, Tinubu ,was the one that said that it’s a diversionary tactics .Tinubu was one of the people we learnt true Federalism from. I learnt true Federalism from Tinubu. We saw him as a hero 12 years ago, but , a sudden change in his ideology gave me a serious thought. I don’t have any serious issue about them because I’m not a government official but notwithstanding I have the right to defend my own future. I’m leading an organization of millions of people and I will not lead them the wrong way”.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/why-we-dumped-buhari-for-jonathan-gani-adams/

1 Like

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by espn(m): 4:34pm On Mar 16, 2015
Pledge..now it's obvious d clueless relates with the clueless.. he failed to fulfil 90% of his pledge during his first tenure..now u expect him too.m smh OPC can be likened to an article with no commercial value. a wasted commodity.

1 Like

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by Ezerbullet(m): 4:42pm On Mar 16, 2015
May God's candidate win.
Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by masseratti: 4:52pm On Mar 16, 2015
Gani Adams please what stop Gej from implementing to confab recommendations now before election? Please tell me which recommendation has Gej implement from various committee he commissioned? Are you aware that true Federalism was not part of the recommendations? That with derivation and resources control was left for FG to decide.APC campaign people in southwest are really sleeping or else they should have being very vociferous to call this Man a liar and denounced by Yoruba people.

1 Like

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by phlemzy: 5:14pm On Mar 16, 2015
If implementing the 633 recommendations of the confab is their primary reason for calling for second term,how come the other geo- political zones are not canvassing out of a common cause? Could it be that those recommendations are only favourable to the Yorubas? Why are these so called southwest leaders not calling for a second term based on the achievements of the first term?

2 Likes

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by OkuDiOver1(f): 5:21pm On Mar 16, 2015
What can I say?
Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by otukpo(f): 5:25pm On Mar 16, 2015
GEJ for contiued transfotmation..

1 Like

Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 16, 2015
Nicely put, GEJ will win the SW overwhelmingly.

If all these true Genuine SW groups with strong grassroot bases have all endorsed GEJ, I wonder who else will vote for apc.
Well, apc can manage 15% votes from the SW States.

GEJ TILL 2019
Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by olapluto(m): 6:15pm On Mar 16, 2015
Gabbysky:
Nicely put, GEJ will win the SW overwhelmingly.

If all these true Genuine SW groups with strong grassroot bases have all endorsed GEJ, I wonder who else will vote for apc.
Well, apc can manage 15% votes from the SW States.

GEJ TILL 2019
In fact GEJ will win 100% of SW. 12 days time, the results would have started trickling in. I just hope GEJ collected receipts for his dollars.
Re: Why We Dumped Buhari For Jonathan – Gani Adams by jaytee01(m): 7:27pm On Mar 16, 2015
There is no need for this long , winding story.

We all know the power of the dollars that our desperadoes are sharing during this endorsement bazaar!

(1) (Reply)

BOKO HARAM: Russia, Korea, Others Train Troops For Final Onslaught - LEADERSHIP / Tinubu's Political Calculations May Hurt Him / Photos From The Official 2015 Presidential Election Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.