Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,797 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm (26723 Views)

Pictures Of My Cucumber Farm From Land Preparation To Harvest / Dairies Of My Cucumber Farm In Owerri. / My Cucumber Farm! Wonders Of Creation!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 7:06pm On Mar 16, 2015
Last week, when I came back to owerri, I went to the market, to buy some fruits for my fridge. The Lady selling the fruits told me the small ball of watermelon I was pricing was N500. I was flabbergasted! Is this not the same watermelon that is sold for N100 in wholesale?

It got me angry, and I made up my mind that my watermelon farm that I have been delaying for so long must start up immediately.

Also, my cucumber has been in demand of recent, naturally I sell my cucumber within imo state, but now I am getting calls from Rivers, Delta, Abia, Edo and Cross River states for supply and my little 2hectare farm can no longer meet up with the demand.

So, I have decided to take the bull by the horn now, I have secured 20 hectares in the Hastom Green City at Ogbomosho, Thanks to Hotmas911.

The Land has been cleared, we are moving in next week for Land preparation.

Everything is set. The market, Labour, technical team and Land. the only thing that is left is the farm input.

I am taking up 10hectares personally, and opening up the remaining 10hectares for interested investors.

The ROI is a minimum, or over 50% in 5 months.

If you know me well, you'll know that I say only what I am sure of

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by stagger: 7:12pm On Mar 16, 2015
One cucumber here is sold for N100 in FCT.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 7:13pm On Mar 16, 2015
if you are interested in investing in my watermelon/Cucumber farm, whatsapp me on 08097273034. half of the farm is up for investment (10hectares/25 acres).
Inputs for each acre cost an estimate of N250,000.
This input include, best seeds, irrigation system, green tunnel for sweetening, Manure, Mulching Film e.t.c

Hotmas911 for Land grin

Innovationafrik for farm technology

Thai Agro & Allied for Best Seed.

We will be planting seedless watermelon and Super sweet watermelon

2 Likes

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 7:17pm On Mar 16, 2015
stagger:
One cucumber here is sold for N100 in FCT.
My brother, the cost of vegetables and fruits now is quite scandalous. This must turn to good news for farmers and not only sellers.

I am raising a marketing team that will deliver to the retailers at their stores on a pay on delivery basis.

The specie of watermelon I am planting is the sweetest I have tasted. and I am ordering the seed from Thailand
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by hotmas911(m): 9:26pm On Mar 16, 2015
I am in
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 9:38pm On Mar 16, 2015
hotmas911:
I am in
The Landlord has spoken... cheesy.

1 Like

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by innovationafrik: 10:04pm On Mar 16, 2015
Present Sir. We will provide best-in-class farm technology.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by AreaFada2: 10:23pm On Mar 16, 2015
Very exciting.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by PapaBrowne(m): 10:32pm On Mar 16, 2015
Liking this!!
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by wanaj0: 12:29am On Mar 17, 2015
Count me in. What are the terms?
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 6:43am On Mar 17, 2015
Okay, I have been receiving a lot of calls since yesterday. There have been a few FAQ's let me briefly answer them as quickly as possible.

The 10hectares is not for sale, it's not part of the contract.

The contract lasts for a year.

Most of the inputs from the N250,000 should last the year

50% ROI is the "minimum". If the yield and sales is as high as my team is projecting, it can go as high as 100%.

The project is already in motion, the Land has been cleared, tractor moves in next week, after my technical team has inspected the soil characteristics.

Am I working alone on this project? No. I have a team of professionals working with me.

The market is already made, and they are waiting for me to produce, so I am producing this time around.

2 Likes

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Denn(m): 7:06am On Mar 17, 2015
Thumbs up bro...
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Pavore9: 7:29am On Mar 17, 2015
jasper7:

My brother, the cost of vegetables and fruits now is quite scandalous. This must turn to good news for farmers and not only sellers.

I am raising a marketing team that will deliver to the retailers at their stores on a pay on delivery basis.

The specie of watermelon I am planting is the sweetest I have tasted. and I am ordering the seed from Thailand

l just love the seedless variety. Wishing you the best and may the project leap frog beyond your expectations.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 8:18am On Mar 17, 2015
Pavore9:

l just love the seedless variety. Wishing you the best and may the project leap frog beyond your expectations.
Amen sir.... The seedless watermelon is amazing. very interesting and not available yet in Nigeria. so mine will be the first of its kind cheesy. you know me, I like to do my things special.

2 Likes

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Pavore9: 8:22am On Mar 17, 2015
jasper7:

Amen sir.... The seedless watermelon is amazing. very interesting and not available yet in Nigeria. so mine will be the first of its kind cheesy. you know me, I like to do my things special.

And that 'special' will make the price 'special'. grin
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 8:23am On Mar 17, 2015
Denn:
Thumbs up bro...
I see you sir
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Pavore9: 8:52am On Mar 17, 2015
jasper7:

l read something pasted inside a bus recently and it read 'There is no traffic along the extra mile'. The seedless variety is the extra mile where you have no competitor. Just make sure your packaging and marketing is tight, targeting premium buyers.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by PapaBrowne(m): 9:25am On Mar 17, 2015
jasper7:

If the seeded varieties are selling 500 Naira per ball, then trust me if I say you can sell the seedless for double that price.
I'll love to be a part of this.

Just a few questions.

1) How many balls(just a rough estimate) are expected per acre. Or better still what is the expected yield per acre, either in balls or in Tonnes.

2)How many production rounds are expected in a year?

3)Can participants be a part of the farming process albeit irregularly for learning purposes?
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 10:00am On Mar 17, 2015
PapaBrowne:

If the seeded varieties are selling 500 Naira per ball, then trust me if I say you can sell the seedless for double that price.
I'll love to be a part of this.

Just a few questions.

1) How many balls(just a rough estimate) are expected per acre. Or better still what is the expected yield per acre, either in balls or in Tonnes.

2)How many production rounds are expected in a year?

3)Can participants be a part of the farming process albeit irregularly for learning purposes?
Good, Good.

1. We expect a minimum of 5,000 big balls per acre. There might be others, but they won't be as big.

2. We are looking at twice a year.

3. participants are highly welcome in the farm o. very very welcome. we even encourage them to come to the farm.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jamace(m): 10:04am On Mar 17, 2015
Very good idea.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by LONGFELLOW02(m): 11:42am On Mar 17, 2015
Oga Jasper7, pls can you get hybrid egusi seed for me 4rm Thailand?
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by omotititi: 12:12pm On Mar 17, 2015
Oga Jasper, i am also interested in the hybrid egusi and pepper. Welldone all the guys that are helping to make agric more attractive.....We've just begun! keep the fire burning bros.......
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by PapaBrowne(m): 12:30pm On Mar 17, 2015
jasper7:

Good, Good.

1. We expect a minimum of 5,000 big balls per acre. There might be others, but they won't be as big.

2. We are looking at twice a year.

3. participants are highly welcome in the farm o. very very welcome. we even encourage them to come to the farm.

Interesting. That means your 50% ROI estimates are bottomline conservative.

I'm postulating that Supersweet + Seedless watermelons would easily retail for btw 700- 1000 Naira. In which case I would be safe to assume a wholesale price point of btw 300-400 Naira per ball average.
Now, 5000 watermelons x (300-400 Naira)= 1.5 million-2 Million Naira.
That's an ROI of 600-800% minus distribution and marketing costs.

Ok. I know that's a bit too optimistic and just mere mathematics, but I hope you are not hoping to sell those Premuim Watermelons at the same price of regular watermelons.

I would call you up about participation this evening.
You've always been an inspiration.

2 Likes

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 12:51pm On Mar 17, 2015
PapaBrowne:

Interesting. That means your 50% ROI estimates are bottomline conservative.

I'm postulating that Supersweet + Seedless watermelons would easily retail for btw 700- 1000 Naira. In which case I would be safe to assume a wholesale price point of btw 300-400 Naira per ball average.
Now, 5000 watermelons x (300-400 Naira)= 1.5 million-2 Million Naira.
That's an ROI of 600-800% minus distribution and marketing costs.

Ok. I know that's a bit too optimistic and just mere mathematics, but I hope you are not hoping to sell those Premuim Watermelons at the same price of regular watermelons.

I would call you up about participation this evening.
You've always been an inspiration.
hahaha. that one is mathematics o. we can sell at 200 per ball for wholesale. so that we can sell swiftly. And I am also looking at free delivery for retailers at their POS (point of sale). for swift business.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by saliubello(m): 1:29pm On Mar 17, 2015
This is taking shape now. I have the following questions:
1. What are you suggesting as the minimum investment?
2. Why dont you want to earnmark the entire farmland for the investment project?
3. Are we looking up to you or your team as the receiver of the investment fund?

My suggestions:
1. Float a business entity duly registered with the necessary arms of government.
2. Choose your team of hands on farmers. ( Innovationafrik, hotmass, Thai Agro are investors, their inputs are their share capital)
3. Receive investment funds from people.
4. Intensify the campaign for investment funds.
5. You are the managing director.
6. Each member plus director will be receiving salary and at the end of the year, declare profit and disburse fund as appropriate.

Such an arrangement has prospect to grow faster. Brand marketing will be more easier. Just thinking aloud!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 5:29pm On Mar 17, 2015
saliubello:
This is taking shape now. I have the following questions:
1. What are you suggesting as the minimum investment?
2. Why dont you want to earnmark the entire farmland for the investment project?
3. Are we looking up to you or your team as the receiver of the investment fund?

My suggestions:
1. Float a business entity duly registered with the necessary arms of government.
2. Choose your team of hands on farmers. ( Innovationafrik, hotmass, Thai Agro are investors, their inputs are their share capital)
3. Receive investment funds from people.
4. Intensify the campaign for investment funds.
5. You are the managing director.
6. Each member plus director will be receiving salary and at the end of the year, declare profit and disburse fund as appropriate.

Such an arrangement has prospect to grow faster. Brand marketing will be more easier. Just thinking aloud!

Great ideas sir. I can't put up the whole 20hectares for investment. That one is my own private investment grin.

Just straighten up this area for me, Are you saying it should be a 1 time investment?

I have a 100hectare integrated farm project that I am still working on called the "R" project. This one is just "a toe in the water". This is more like a contract farming.

I should be in Thailand by next month to negotiate that one. The market I have now for vegetables cannot be satisfied by 100hectares. so, it's a work in progress.

This is just a short term contract farm. because the land it's being set on is to be used for "Greater things" by myself and hotmas911.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 5:30pm On Mar 17, 2015
2 hectares gone, 8 more to go.

Project go soon start, na Godwin. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Fhemmmy: 5:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
jasper7:
2 hectares gone, 8 more to go.

Project go soon start, na Godwin. cheesy

I am watching in 10D . . . . How much is investment for an Hectare?
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by Wonderboy1(m): 5:41pm On Mar 17, 2015
Please count mi in
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 6:22pm On Mar 17, 2015
Fhemmmy:

I am watching in 10D . . . . How much is investment for an Hectare?
250 X 2.5 = N625,000 grin.
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 6:23pm On Mar 17, 2015
Wonderboy1:
Please count mi in
How many hectares do you want? cheesy
Re: Invest In My 20 Hectare Watermelon/cucumber Farm by jasper7(m): 6:26pm On Mar 17, 2015
Payment portal will be opened 2moro. Payment portal will close on the 7th of April.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Orji Uzor-Kalu's Mega Farm In Abia State To Cost $400m / Rice Harvest: Kebbi Now Haven To Millers, Buyers / Man Ties Tree With Juju Cloth To Scare People, But See What Happened Next. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.