Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:48 PM

Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers (42788 Views)

Beware Of These Scammers In Town. Am A Victim. (pics)!! / See The Latest Method Banks Have Now Employed To Devaluate The NAIRA (photo) / 4 Ways To Identify "SCAMMERS" On Most Online Market Platform Like OLX Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Obinoscopy(m): 8:51am On Mar 17, 2015
These internet scammers are becoming more sophisticated in their attempt to defraud people.

The one en vogue now is to send mails to people alerting them that someone logged into their bank online account.

I got several of such mail and almost fell for their trap. What saved me was that I checked the mail used by the sender and realised it wasn't an official mail from the bank.

See a snapshot of the mail below. The mail that was used to send that of First Bank was toniii360@gmail.com while that of Access Bank was tracywells@hotmail.co.uk. Can you imagine!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by tempest01(m): 8:55am On Mar 17, 2015
Old ploy though

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Matthewbriggs(m): 9:06am On Mar 17, 2015
It's called Phishing or social engineering... in the world of hackers

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Gboliwe: 9:12am On Mar 17, 2015
That's a pretty old method.
They send me countless of such mails, I know they are fake because:
1. I don't have a Zenith, Access or First bank account
2. The bank I have its online access always has less than 2k in it and I rarely even use the platform

They are just hungry and lazy Nigerians. Maybe I will start pasting their email addresses too online.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Nostradamus: 9:43am On Mar 17, 2015
Gboliwe:
Maybe I will start pasting their email addresses too online.
please do.
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by englishmart(m): 3:13pm On Mar 17, 2015
"you don't scam a scammer."
That's the response I usually give them

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by africanman85: 10:30pm On Mar 17, 2015
Just the way i was scammed by one Olajumoke Eleboda who they call Cremeanchic on Nairaland. Women are on it now because pple are afraid of men.

8 Likes

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Nmeri17: 11:02pm On Mar 17, 2015
africanman85:
Just the way i was scammed by one Olajumoke Eleboda who they call Cremeanchic on Nairaland. Women are on it now because pple are afraid of men.
Hi bro smiley. hope today was good?? please stop peddling this yo lies everywhere. do have a nice evening wink

PS: mods please ban this guy angry he always breaks rule 8 &10
cc naijacutee, puskin

**modified
before you attack me for supporting the aforementioned moniker, please note that the plaintiff is on a personal vendetta against the woman he claims scammed him. he is simply out to tarnish her image. He's a broke, frustrated,dumb and lazy airhead. it is in your best interest to disregard his claims

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Gboliwe: 4:24am On Apr 07, 2015
Here are two of them. I don't bank with either banks.

I am more interested in the one with afamefuna@gmail.com. Very shameful

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Gboliwe: 4:03pm On Apr 08, 2015
This one is also trying to clone yahoo. The name/email address sounds African too

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Gboliwe: 8:08am On Apr 11, 2015
This one almost got me. Almost in the sense that I had to look at it twice before I was convinced I was set up for a scam.

Came in a couple of minutes ago. This time around, it's with GTB and I have an account with them.
I knew it was fake because my transaction alert doesn't come from GENS. I still tried to follow the link they gave and it redirected me to http://ibank.gtbank.com.cmvingenieria.cl/ibank3/security/

With the cmvinblahblah, I knew it was cloned. I keyed in www.gtbank.com by myself and saw the difference. We should be really alert. These thieves mean serious business.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by AMI3(m): 8:31am On Apr 11, 2015
Gr8t job naija guys. We can xpose dis criminals frm their hide out.

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by mezabo(m): 7:33am On Apr 12, 2015
Thanks for the information

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Innodon(m): 7:34am On Apr 12, 2015
Ok..thanks for the info

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Nobody: 7:34am On Apr 12, 2015
old method, i receive such mails like daily.
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by brainbox1000(m): 7:36am On Apr 12, 2015
Noted.
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Marksule(m): 7:38am On Apr 12, 2015
Thanks
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by ShakurM(m): 7:38am On Apr 12, 2015
Until I turn the scammer to being the scammee angry
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by libertyfather(m): 7:39am On Apr 12, 2015
Everything looks strange to me because I don't an email adee, I don't have a bank account,my money is always here with me

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by AskProf: 7:40am On Apr 12, 2015
africanman85:

Can we have more details pls?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by onadana: 7:41am On Apr 12, 2015
coolThis is not a new scam...it is as old as Methuselah.Why bother even logging in when you know you didn't.If you log in you will find out what curiosity did to the monkey.It earned it a bullet in the head.

6 Likes

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Lexusgs430: 7:41am On Apr 12, 2015
Any official correspondence that does not have your proper name as detailed, is a phising mail!!!

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 12, 2015
ss
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by kekakuz(m): 7:43am On Apr 12, 2015
something way Yoruba boys don dey do tey tey name I'm una just day start
learners

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 12, 2015
What of those flat scammers that will lock places down for you and una still go lose.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Bonapart(m): 7:43am On Apr 12, 2015
Everybody wanna made
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 12, 2015
africanman85:

Before nko? Na them nah! Yoruba and scamming are like bread and butter! Yet they want change whenthey are not ready to CHANGE!

10 Likes

Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 12, 2015
Odi egwu
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Darejyde(m): 7:44am On Apr 12, 2015
BUsTED!
Re: Beware Of The Latest Technique By Internet Scammers by Provie(m): 7:45am On Apr 12, 2015
FirstBank is a Plc, not a Ltd. Besides they dont say "Dear Customer"; dey replace Customer with ur real name.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dr. Obiora Okonkwo Tapping Palm Wine (Video) / Aliko Dangote & His Daughter Arrive Maiduguri, Welcomed By Govt Officials.Photos / About Computer Village,ikeja,lagos State.(largest I.T Market In Nigeria)pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.