Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... (2689 Views)

Why Didn't You Gain Admission Last Year? Let's Learn From Our Mistake. / Alright Vs All Right : What's The Difference? Let's Learn. / FG Declares French Compulsory For All Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by ClassyTins(f): 11:19am On Mar 17, 2015
Qui est avec moi pour apprendre le français?
Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by ClassyTins(f): 11:23am On Mar 17, 2015
Toujours personne?
Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by ClassyTins(f): 11:35am On Mar 17, 2015
Bonjour tout le monde..... that's good day everyone..
Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by Effizzy2much(m): 12:03pm On Mar 17, 2015
Nice. I would really like to know french
Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by ClassyTins(f): 12:56pm On Mar 17, 2015
Effizzy2much:
Nice. I would really like to know french

Cool! Do you have any basic in french already?
Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by ClassyTins(f): 1:26pm On Mar 17, 2015
Alphabets first:

There are same 26 alphabets in french as in english, the difference is their pronounciation:

Here they go

A - ha
B - bae
C - say
D - day
E - hoe (mouth forms a hole) sort of challenging
F - airf
G - jay ( G is pronounce J is french and inverse)
H - ash
I - ee ( pronounced letter e)
J - gee (pronounced as G)
K - ka
L - l
M - m
N - n
O - o
P - pay
Q - queue
R - err (beware that the french don't pronounce r to sound like the english)
S - s
T - tay
U- hu
V - vay
W -dublue vay
X - heex
Y - egreg ( like e-Greg)
Z - zed

That's how to pronounce and read the french alphabets

1 Like

Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by Effizzy2much(m): 5:10pm On Mar 17, 2015
More lesson. I don't have basic or rather I lost my basic knowledge. It has been a while. So what's d next step
Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by ClassyTins(f): 6:22pm On Mar 17, 2015
Effizzy2much:
More lesson. I don't have basic or rather I lost my basic knowledge. It has been a while. So what's d next step

hahaha funny @ lost my basic knowledge.

Have you tried to pronounce the alphabets one after the other? don't lie just try them as if you are saying them to someone close to you
Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by medoyin(m): 6:24pm On Mar 17, 2015
On board.!
Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by ClassyTins(f): 7:11pm On Mar 17, 2015
medoyin:
On board.!
Bienvenue à bord Doyin... (welcome on board) Have you read out the alphabets?
Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by medoyin(m): 8:15pm On Mar 17, 2015
ClassyTins:

Bienvenue à bord Doyin... (welcome on board) Have you read out the alphabets?

Oui
Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by ClassyTins(f): 8:40pm On Mar 17, 2015
medoyin:

Oui

Great! I hope it sticks, tomorrow we will be doing translations of some simple words from english to french, do have a nice night guys.
Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by Effizzy2much(m): 2:27pm On Mar 18, 2015
Yes, I have pronounce them out. I wrote them out too. Continue.
Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by Effizzy2much(m): 2:31pm On Mar 18, 2015
In the 26 alphabet you gave out, there is no alphabet with hyphen. What does the hyphen in the à stand for?
Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by ClassyTins(f): 10:32pm On Mar 18, 2015
Effizzy2much:
In the 26 alphabet you gave out, there is no alphabet with hyphen. What does the hyphen in the à stand for?

Hi, i hope you had a great day? i was a bit busy today... yes you are right about my alphabets not having the sign called (accent in french). Its normal the accents stand alone there are 4 of them. You don't put accents on basic alphabets when written out, the accents are to show you how a letter is being pronounced when you see an accent on it.
Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by ClassyTins(f): 11:35pm On Mar 18, 2015
Only vowels carry accent in french, please note that accent is pronounced "akxon" in french. Now let's roll:

é is pronounced (hey) as in bébé-(baybay) note that the "akxon" on the letter e goes up and faces right

è called "akson grav" grave accent pronounced (heir) as in mère- (mair) note that the "akxon" on the letter e goes down and faces left

ê called "akson circonflexe" circumflex accent initially used in old french to pronounce a word as if it has letter s as in forêt (pronounced forare), être (pronounced etr) note that the sign is like a roof on the letter

ë called "akson tréma" is used to pronounce a word like it has letter y/w where you see the "akson" as in noël -nowel, maïs- mayis. Note that the sign has two dots on the letter.

Feel free to ask questions....... Good night friends
Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by Nobody: 5:41am On Mar 19, 2015
ClassyTins:
Only vowels carry accent in french, please note that accent is pronounced "akxon" in french. Now let's roll:

é is pronounced (hey) as in bébé-(baybay) note that the "akxon" on the letter e goes up and faces right

è called "akson grav" grave accent pronounced (heir) as in mère- (mair) note that the "akxon" on the letter e goes down and faces left

ê called "akson circonflexe" circumflex accent initially used in old french to pronounce a word as if it has letter s as in forêt (pronounced forare), être (pronounced etr) note that the sign is like a roof on the letter

ë called "akson tréma" is used to pronounce a word like it has letter y/w where you see the "akson" as in noël -nowel, maïs- mayis. Note that the sign has two dots on the letter.

Feel free to ask questions....... Good night friends

pouvez-vous discuter de la façon dont le verbe " Chercher " pourrait être utilisé
Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by Nobody: 12:17pm On Mar 19, 2015
combien idiots que nous avons ici?
Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by Veron265(f): 12:23pm On Mar 19, 2015
Lemon12:
combien idiots que nous avons ici?

Tu es un hater! grin
Leave them folks to learn oo...knowledge is power n'est pas?
Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 19, 2015
Veron265:

Tu es un hater! grin
ne suis pas un ennemi, je veux juste savoir combien idiots que nous avons ici
Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 19, 2015
Veron265:

Tu es un hater! grin
vous êtes belle, se il vous plaît allez-vous être ma petite amie?
Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by ClassyTins(f): 1:09pm On Mar 20, 2015
Wscholar:
pouvez-vous discuter de la façon dont le verbe " Chercher " pourrait être utilisé

HI, its so sad that i answered the question you asked and even posted a conjugasion page to explain further but nairaland took it off and even put me on a ban for a whole day. Is that not disgusting?
Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by ClassyTins(f): 1:15pm On Mar 20, 2015
Lemon12:

Je voudrais juste savoir si tu t'es compté parmis les idiots hahaha très drôle, tu viens pour draguer des femme et tu passe des insultes au gens. Ce n'est pas malin pour un drageur! tu ne trouves pas? cheesy
Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by ClassyTins(f): 1:20pm On Mar 20, 2015
Wscholar:

Mais bon je vais quand même essayer de dire quelque chose.

Le verbe chercher "to look for" est conjuger comme suit

Je cherche
tu cherches
il/on cherche
Vous cherchez
Nous cherchons
Ils/elles cherchent

exemple:
Je chercher un stylo
tu cherches correctement
vous cherchez quoi exactement?

Je crois que c'est clair.

2 Likes

Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 20, 2015
ClassyTins:

Je voudrais juste savoir si tu t'es compté parmis les idiots hahaha très drôle, tu viens pour draguer des femme et tu passe des insultes au gens. Ce n'est pas malin pour un drageur! tu ne trouves pas? cheesy
que les idiots partie i ne faisais que plaisanter .. donc ne soyez pas offensé .., qui sait je pourrais être votre Mr Right, pensez-vous pas?
Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by Mayorblaze: 10:55pm On Mar 20, 2015
Seems that you guyz have finally decided to personalize this thread..

Thought i was going to learn french but it seems French is now learning me

Classytins try and help we beginners

1 Like

Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by Nobody: 11:19pm On Mar 20, 2015
ClassyTins:

HI, its so sad that i answered the question you asked and even posted a conjugasion page to explain further but nairaland took it off and even put me on a ban for a whole day. Is that not disgusting?
Eiyah, sorry....same thing happened to me. I even posted two questions, the moderator deleted one and also banned me too for a whole day...very disgusting. Thanks got your post later on.
Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 20, 2015
ClassyTins:

Mais bon je vais quand même essayer de dire quelque chose.

Le verbe chercher "to look for" est conjuger comme suit

Je cherche
tu cherches
il/on cherche
Vous cherchez
Nous cherchons
Ils/elles cherchent

exemple:
Je chercher un stylo
tu cherches correctement
vous cherchez quoi exactement?

Je crois que c'est clair.
sourires ... intéressant oui , très clair, merci

1 Like

Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by Veron265(f): 11:00am On Mar 21, 2015
Lemon12:

Merci, tu es gentil. smiley
votre amie? c'est ne pas un problem...
Ta petite amie?....mmmh, c'est ne pas possible, merci, mais non merci

1 Like

Re: French Is Interesting To Learn Let's Learn Together... by Veron265(f): 11:29am On Mar 21, 2015
Mayorblaze:
Seems that you guyz have finally decided to personalize this thread..

Thought i was going to learn french but it seems French is now learning me

Classytins try and help we beginners

Je suis tres desole ( I am sorry) for being a distraction. May I make it up by conjugating the verb Etre (to be), and Avoir - (to have)...

Le verbes sont conjuger comme suit;

Etre- to be

Je suis - I am
Tu es - You are
Il/ells est - He/She is
nous sommes - We are
Vous etes - You are (plural)
ils/elle.s sont - They are

usage; Je suis Malawienne - I am Malawian

Avoir- to have
J'ai - I have
Tu as - You have
Il/Elle a - He/ She has
nous avons - We have
vous avez - You have (pl)
Ils/Elle.s ont - They have

Usage; nous avons un belle continent - we have a beautiful continent

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

2017/18 WAEC Chemistry Practical Instructional Material. / Top 7 Most Marketable Courses In The World / Lagos State Screening Tests Into Model Colleges Past Questions With Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.