Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,374 members, 7,808,309 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) (32053 Views)

Which Is The Best Option To Land A Good Wife? / One Of The Reasons Why Men Cheat On Their Wife By Going After Young Ladies / Money Given To A Wife By Her Husband Is Called What.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 18, 2015
TreQuartista:
If we ask this OP now if she saw/experienced this growing up at home, she'd say no. What about your brothers and uncles, do they lead similar lives? Absolutely not! But somehow, she confidently makes sweeping assertions about every other Nigerian house-hold except those associated with her.

True to type!

Well, I have read many comments on Nairaland. I have seen people like that and some other people have responded in the affirmative.

Still, I made it clear that there are exceptions.

3 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by bennyrazz: 2:17pm On Mar 18, 2015
Yadoctora:

No. It does not depict a woman as being everything. It speaks of the woman's responsibility in catering for the family's needs. The man should support her. Rathet, he expects care like a child.

The other parts of your write up are disjointed. I donno what ur rant is about
you will say in your own marriage, your husband expects care like a child not that of others because you are not in their shoes. I'm not ranting, You need to see things beyond your nose
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by SirShymexx: 2:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
Lol.

That looks like ya family portrait, and an isolated case, only peculiar to ya family. Not shocking to know that also influenced ya thought process. However, I've got news for you: everyone else was raised differently. tongue

Real images of the traditional African family and good wives right here;

4 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 2:21pm On Mar 18, 2015
bennyrazz:
you will say in your own marriage, your husband expects care like a child not that of others because you are not in their shoes. I'm not ranting, You need to see things beyond your nose

I didnt say it happens in all marriages. I said it happens in a typical/ traditional Nigerian setting.

You have problems with comprehension. sorry to say.
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Ewuro4: 2:21pm On Mar 18, 2015
Yadoctora:

where is the jab?
If u have to tell me u ar blessed, then U av a problem.
babyosisi come and carry ur ewure o. I no get her time.

Bingo grin you're one of her dogs. I was right.

Next time put a disclaimer on your thread so I'll avoid it. Modaforkin sadists ruining marriage image. If that's how your papa treat your mama for ya villa , kuku just grab his axe and kill him.

'Too blessed to be stressed' cool

Osharo omo obirin yi..

2 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by bennyrazz: 2:25pm On Mar 18, 2015
Yadoctora:

I didnt say it happens in all marriages. I said it happens in a typical/ traditional Nigerian setting.

in your own made up Nigerian setting abi?
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 18, 2015
SirShymexx:
Lol.

That looks like ya family portrait, and an isolated case, only peculiar to ya family. Not shocking to know that also influenced ya thought process. However, I've got news for you: everyone else was raised differently. tongue

Real images of the traditional African family and good wives right here;

I ddint create the image. I am not interested in untillegent banters either.

Your image is subject to scrutiny too and possibly represents the good old days when men had something to hunt for. It didn't stop women from being care givers to their husband and children in the home front while the men lifted no finger to help out.

I could lift stories from this same family section that point to what I posted above

I didn't post it to ridicule men. I hoped it would be a reason for a discourse on gender roles in marriages.

4 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Mar 18, 2015
I won't honour the ewure with a mention. Don't have time for dysfunctional people.

9 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 18, 2015
7footre:
It's about time somethings change... she's a super woman

The need for change cannot be over emphasised.
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by SirShymexx: 2:38pm On Mar 18, 2015
Yadoctora:

I ddint create the image. I am not interested in untillegent banters either.

Your image is subject to scrutiny too and possibly represents the good old days when men had something to hunt for. It didn't stop women from being care givers to their husband and children in the home front while the men lifted no finger to help out.

I could lift stories from this same family section that point to what I posted above

I didn't post it to ridicule men. I hoped it would be a reason for a discourse on gender roles in marriages.

You're not the sharpest tool in the shed. Can't you see you just contradicted yourself by citing "good old days" in this reply, while alluding to "traditional" in ya opening description of the utterly disrespectful and asinine image you created the thread for? Or perhaps you don't know "good old days" and "traditional" are interchangeable in this context? Better learn the meaning of words and phrases before throwing them around carelessly cos you'll always end up looking confused and obtuse.

Regardless, you just added credence to the message represented in the image I posted - while making ya own assertion blinkered. End of discourse. You're a troll.

Just go and sin nomore.

4 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Ewuro4: 2:39pm On Mar 18, 2015
Yadoctora:
I won't honour the ewure with a mention. Don't have time for dysfunctional people.

Says a deranged idîot championing rubish and thinks it's funny .... If you have nothing great in your life to accolade, do us all a favor and join your fellow OPONU sheep or better jump in makurdi river.

2 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Ewuro4: 2:42pm On Mar 18, 2015
Awon omo anakuri..
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 18, 2015
SirShymexx:

You're not the smartest tool in the shed. Can't you see you just contradicted yourself by citing "good old days" in this reply, while alluding to "traditional" in ya opening description of the utterly disrespectful and asinine image you created the thread for? Or perhaps you don't know "good old days" and "traditional" are interchangeable in this context? Better learn the meaning of words and phrases before throwing them around carelessly cos you'll always end up looking confused and obtuse.

Regardless, you just added credence to the message represented in the image I posted - while making ya own assertion blinkered. End of discourse. You're a troll.

Just go and sin nomore.

The good old days when men had something to hunt for. the good was in relation to hunting and I made mention of the fact that even then, they didn't lift a finger. I didn't mean that they were not lacking domestically.

You are unintelligent as I said earlier. Read again!! make sure to calm down and have an understanding.
I won't stoop to insults. Those days are forever gone cool

10 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by TooNoisy(f): 2:48pm On Mar 18, 2015
Yadoctora:

Another polimonikering whoore of babyosisi. Bloody imbeciles. I know who you really are and I will soon expose you. Bloody person. Why don't you reveal who you are are? Biatch!

6 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by TooNoisy(f): 2:50pm On Mar 18, 2015
Yadoctora:

You call someone else dysfunctional. I have to laugh and babyosisi is the ideal person. Babyosisi that her own mother in law called her parents mad? And she is not dysfunctional? hehehehehehe. Ewu like you. Anu mpama!

3 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 18, 2015
TooNoisy:

Another polimonikering whoore of babyosisi. Bloody imbeciles. I know who you really are and I will soon expose you. Bloody person. Why don't you reveal who you are are? Biatch!

Interestingly, I was never a fan of Osisi. I only like her marriage thread. Well, this particular thread is not about her and I won't give in to trolls.
This is your charity mention. It is the last you'll get from me.

have a happy life. Maybe someday you'll realise the hate is unnecessary. I hope you do

5 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by TooNoisy(f): 2:54pm On Mar 18, 2015
Yadoctora:

Interestingly, I was never a fan of Osisi. I only like her marriage thread. Well, this particular thread is not about her and I won't give in to trolls.
This is your charity mention. It is the last you'll get from me.

have a happy life. Maybe someday you'll realise the hate is unnecessary. I hope you do

If you believe the hate is unnecessary, then why attack Ewuro4? Did she attack you? Why did you now call babyosisi to come attack her? Why are you filling the thread with hate already?

2 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by TreQuartista: 2:59pm On Mar 18, 2015
Yadoctora:

Well, I have read many comments on Nairaland. I have seen people like that and some other people have responded in the affirmative.

Still, I made it clear that there are exceptions.

I'm not sure you are to be taken seriously. So you are basing your judgement off comments from this forum? LOL

Yadoctora:

You sef agree cool so what is the bone of winkcontention?

Sarcasm!!!

Yadoctora:

It does not happen in all Nigerian marriages, but it happens in typical Nigerian marriages?

Are you trolling or you just have a problem with juxtaposition of words/terms/phrases?

1 Like

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by SirShymexx: 3:00pm On Mar 18, 2015
Yadoctora:

The good old days when men had something to hunt for. the good was in relation to hunting and I made mention of the fact that even then, they didn't lift a finger. I didn't mean that they were not lacking domestically.

You are unintelligent as I said earlier. Read again!! make sure to calm down and have an understanding.
I won't stoop to insults. Those days are forever gone cool

Lol. Vacuous stark illiterate.

Traditional and good old days are interchangeable in this context, you mor.on.

Why only buttress the "good" and not with the "old days" just as the phrase/idiom is? Erm, your explanation doesn't even make any sense whatsoever, and it's a case of a confused dolt grasping for air - after getting shown out for being a complete git.

Most of you have the IQ of a darn panda, and concentration span of a toddler. You just spout nonsense without an understanding of what the hell you're talking about. Go back to elementary school, you illiterate bonobo.

I'm out - no time for time wasters

5 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 18, 2015
TreQuartista:

I'm not sure you are to be taken seriously. So you are basing your judgement off comments from this forum? LOL

So you chose one of the three that I based it on, and I am to take you seriously?

oh! sarcasm all over?

2 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 18, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. Vacuous stark illiterate.

Traditional and good old days are interchangeable in this context, you mor.on.

Why only buttress the "good" and not with the "old days" just as the phrase/idiom is? Erm, your explanation doesn't even make any sense whatsoever, and it's a case of a confused dolt grasping for air - after getting shown out for being a complete git.

Most of you have the IQ of a darn panda, and concentration span of a toddler. You just spout nonsense without an understanding of what the hell you're talking about. Go back to elementary school, you illiterate bonobo.

I'm out - no time for time wasters

Of course, the most you can do, as always is throw tantrums.
A literate who can not articulate himself without being a 'mor.on'.

Of course, you should get out. You did wish this was a thread to show your insultive strength. so much for a man.

9 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
I did not open this thread with the thought that everybody will agree with me. People should learn to disagree politely undecided

5 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 18, 2015
Yadoctora:

where is the jab?
If u have to tell me u ar blessed, then U av a problem.
babyosisi come and carry ur ewure o. I no get her time.

I heard my lovely name this blessed moooring
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by SirShymexx: 3:30pm On Mar 18, 2015
Yadoctora:

Of course, the most you can do, as always is throw tantrums.
A literate who can not articulate himself without being a 'mor.on'.

Of course, you should get out. You did wish this was a thread to show your insultive strength. so much for a man.

Are you high on some cheap wacky backy laced with cow dung? Don't tell me what to do, trifling little airhead. grin

After opening an utterly disrespectful thread emasculating the black man, with a disparaging caption based on outright lies and sweeping generalisations. I corrected you with the right image, based on what "traditional African setting" should be. However, you started the name-calling by labelling me "unintelligent". I overlooked that and showed you out for contradicting yourself and being vacuous. Yet you came back with the same disrespectful tripe. What insolence!

Oh, you were expecting me to pander to ya non-existent ego and illiteracy, no? - GTFOHWBS. grin You just got "prime-timed" - respect ya jaw, you mo.ron. cool

And please, "insultive" isn't a word in English language. Fix the cum residual polluting ya brain matter - and upgrade ya use of English.

Shalom!

3 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 18, 2015
SirShymexx:

[s]
Are you high on some cheap wacky backy laced with cow dung? Don't tell me what to do, little trifling airhead. grin
[/s]
After opening an utterly disrespectful thread emasculating the black man, with a disparaging caption based on outright lies and sweeping generalisations. I corrected you with the right image, based on what "traditional African setting" should be. However, you started the name-calling by labelling me "unintelligent". I overlooked that and showed you out for contradicting yourself and being vacuous. Yet you came back with the same disrespectful tripe. What insolence!
[s]
Oh, you were expecting me to pander to ya non-existent ego and illiteracy, no? - GTFOHWBS. grin You just got "prime-timed" - respect ya jaw, you mo.ron. cool[/s]

And please, "insultive" isn't a word in English language. Fix the cum residual polluting ya brain matter - and upgrade ya use of English.

Shalom!

Now I like the boldened. If you had mentioned that what you posted is about what it should be, there will be no argument. I like that picture and agree that it is what things should be like. I really wish things can be that way in all Nigerian homes. But No, things are not that way in the majority of them.

And please, "insultive" isn't a word in English language.
Thank you for the correction

5 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 18, 2015
babyosisi:

I heard my lovely name this blessed moooring
grin smiley
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Ewuro4: 4:05pm On Mar 18, 2015
Yadoctora:
I did not open this thread with the thought that everybody will agree with me. People should learn to disagree politely undecided

Polite

May sopona fire that your yeast infested mouth
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Ewuro4: 4:06pm On Mar 18, 2015
TooNoisy:

You call someone else dysfunctional. I have to laugh and babyosisi is the ideal person. Babyosisi that her own mother in law called her parents mad? And she is not dysfunctional? hehehehehehe. Ewu like you. Anu mpama!

Lol grin grin
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Ewuro4: 4:09pm On Mar 18, 2015
TooNoisy:

If you believe the hate is unnecessary, then why attack Ewuro4? Did she attack you? Why did you now call babyosisi to come attack her? Why are you filling the thread with hate already?

You dey mind the morönic slowpoke... She's the frustrated stuck housewife of them wink when people are choosing husbands, she was busy doing Aristos on and off NL.

I'm going back to work now jare.. Have a great day dear. kiss
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Ewuro4: 4:10pm On Mar 18, 2015
I will be back... Arnold S cool
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by SirShymexx: 4:12pm On Mar 18, 2015
Yadoctora:

Now I like the boldened. If you had mentioned that what you posted is about what it should be, there will be no argument. I like that picture and agree that it is what things should be like. I really wish things can be that way in all Nigerian homes. But No, things are not that way in the majority of them.

Thank you for the correction

Well, keep ad hominems away from me next time. Not cocky, but I lead my life as an original black man, and I don't pander to no one's ego, like the emasculated lot.

Anyway, I explained that in my first post...and alluded to the fact that whatever image you have in ya head must be a depiction of ya background. Never in history have black men been an appendage to black women.

Also, Nigerian homes of modern times are the way they're due to the excessive westernisation/bastardisation of a lot of values - and that started during the colonial era. Ditto the innate barbaric violence and savagely behavioural patterns a lot of folks exhibit these days. Yes, there were a few primitive tribes in Africa who probably existed the way ya picture is. However, traditional African (Nigerian) families were never like that. At least I can speak for my own ethnic group and how women have always been put on a pedestal, adored, celebrated, catered to, provided for, and protected.

Perhaps, when folks start taking time out to read/learn their own history/values - and how they should lead their lives to represent who they're - things might get better. Till then, leave the black man alone. The black man has more than enough to deal with already.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Dad Begs For Forgiveness For Defiling His Daughters. / OPEN MARKETPLACE... Get Good Products At Unbeatable Rates Here. / My Pregnant Ex Girlfriend Has Refused My Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.