Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,088 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) (32048 Views)

Which Is The Best Option To Land A Good Wife? / One Of The Reasons Why Men Cheat On Their Wife By Going After Young Ladies / Money Given To A Wife By Her Husband Is Called What.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by SirShymexx: 9:59pm On Mar 18, 2015
Idowuogbo:

lmaooo! Damn! Nice pic shy shy cheesy

Lol.

They can't keep the black man down - these folks are the willing tools they're using for the destruction of black men.

They cry too much, man...that pic is utterly disrespectful and images are powerful.

1 Like

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by SirShymexx: 10:01pm On Mar 18, 2015
DollyParton1:

never knew a day like this would come......
undecided undecided undecided

Err, you have joined the scandalous bumble bees, no?

Better fall back in line before I strip ya skirt down, and whoop that ar.se. tongue
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by DollyParton1(f): 10:17pm On Mar 18, 2015
SirShymexx:

Err, you have joined the scandalous bumble bees, no?

Better fall back in line before I strip ya skirt down, and whoop that ar.se. tongue
errm u have never strung those words together with women in the same sentence.

1 Like

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by SirShymexx: 10:22pm On Mar 18, 2015
DollyParton1:

errm u have never strung those words together with women in the same sentence.

So, you don't see me allude to giving back whatever energy you receive all the time? - it basically means reciprocating the gesture.

However, when most of the chicken heads running around these days are head-cases - they'll get the same treatment.

Life's about survival of the fittest, and when it comes to ya survival - doing what's best for you is always the best approach. You should never put an ingrate/disloyal-mofo on a pedestal, else she'll end up stepping all over you. grin

Act right. tongue
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by bukatyne(f): 10:27pm On Mar 18, 2015
aderonila18:
By Nigerian standards Good wife = Sufferhead/ Mumu

Don't forget to add to your list that she's expected to pack condoms in his suitcase when he is traveling and then do fasting and prayer against those jezebels tempting her first child since the Nigerian man is never to be held accountable for his actions When she catches him cheating she must give him more sex, cook his favorite meals, make herself look pretty and never dare to nag him grin

She should submit her salary to him and even if she earns more and contributes largely financially she's never to ask questions about how and what he intends to spend the household money on otherwise she will be labelled an evil woman who arrogant because she has money undecided

Everyone loves a Mugu, who wouldn't like a "good Nigerian wife" grin

Lol @ everyone loves a mumu. grin

1 Like

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by bukatyne(f): 10:29pm On Mar 18, 2015
slimyem:
Why does anyone have a problem with the original picture.It's not like it is too far from the truth. That's what our men of today expect a wife should be. A do-it-all woman.Gender equality proponents have also not made the struggle any better IMO.
It is left for every woman to know her limits and know when to say it's just enough.

@Gender equality proponents, How is that So?
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by bukatyne(f): 10:32pm On Mar 18, 2015
@OP,

True in Some cases.
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by slimyem: 11:16pm On Mar 18, 2015
bukatyne:

@Gender equality proponents, How is that So?
Well...
I am saying the gender equality cause has made the expectation higher and it is as if these men are waiting for us to prove that we can do it all or fail in the process. Have you not seen how they are quick to point out or refer to the cause in mockery when issues or topics like this come up?

Most responsibilities in the home like domestic labor, child care, tending to the elderly, and so forth, continues to fall on the women so also is constantly looking like Cleopatra while contributing to family coffers.

Rather than the fight been seen as one where women are supposed to be able to do ANYTHING,it is seen as one where we are supposed to be able to do EVERYTHING.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 12:37am On Mar 19, 2015
Yadoctora:
I won't honour the ewure with a mention. Don't have time for dysfunctional people.

LMAO!! "Ewure" for Ewuro?? *dies!* grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 12:51am On Mar 19, 2015
SirShymexx:

Gender roles are what they're based on societal roles and how folks were raised. It has more to do with skill-set and what each individual brings to the table, than how you lot translate everything into anti-women innuendos. Women are naturally better cooks and home-keepers, and they're mostly raised that way from childhood. While men tend to do better in physical chores, and they're raised to do that from childhood. So, what's bad in maintaining that order? Don't rock the boat - trying to fix something that isn't broken is the reason why the black family is dying

I think the fact that a particular gender is complaining that they are getting the short end of the stick is proof that it isn't working. The society has evolved, the old marriage institution doesn't work anymore.

10 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Ewuro4: 12:57am On Mar 19, 2015
freecocoa:
See you are laughing, you are not really sorry. grin

Seriously though, you both should bury the hatchet, I don't seem to understand what must have happened online that's so serious.

I really am grin grin

There's nowhere to bury the hatchet Nne, no more disposable land in Lekki, all sold out. grin
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by SirShymexx: 2:47am On Mar 19, 2015
Shollypopzz:

I think the fact that a particular gender is complaining that they are getting the short end of the stick is proof that it isn't working. The society has evolved, the old marriage institution doesn't work anymore.

Are they really getting the short end of the stick, or is it a case of eating ya cake and having it at the same time? And if you think fixing it is the way to go - why not fix both sides to make it a two-way street? However, these folks just want to fix are the aspects they deem unfavourable to them - while trying to keep that favours them to the detriment of the other party. It doesn't work that way. I believe the whole madness has more to do with having leverage and complete dominion over men - and that's unacceptable.

Let me cite a few examples:
- The man has to be the protector/primary-provider but decision making in the family has to the woman's responsibility - and he has no authority. When even in businesses the primary shareholders, with the highest number of shares (in terms of contribution) are always the directors/authority. So, if the man is the biggest contributor, why deny him the authority?

- Oh, African traditional marriage setting is obselete - however, paying for traditional rites/rituals during marriage ceremony isn't. And men have to pay bride, and go through all that other nonsense with the bride's family. A culture that's obsolete in the same western culture they're trying to project as "modern". Why not do away with darn redundant traditional rites/rituals - and make the evolution complete?

- Equality is the new kumbaya - but when it comes to domestic violence, she can get physical with the man and hit him. However, if he reciprocates the gesture, he automatically becomes an abuser. Why not mutual combat, affray, or self-defense (based on the first person to get physical)?

Etc.

Personally, I wouldn't mind an "evolution" that's all inclusive and that actually works - not some one-sided nonsense that's only favourable to one party. Thus creating dysfunctional marriages, with an extremely high divorce rate, unhappiness, and a sharp rise in "baby mama" culture - the bane of every society. Also, when you juxtaposition let's say our parents' generation with this one - you'll find out that despite whatever imperfection was/is in their marriages, it's still far better than what's attainable today. So, why fix it, in lieu of something more problematic? - hence I said it isn't broken. A lot of these folks just don't know what they want - it's basically about creating some inane fantasies in their heads, and expecting everyone else to buy into that utopia.

I'd say a better "evolution" that's a two-way would be very perfect for most guys. At least, that'll take a lot of societal pressure off our backs, and it'll make the institution more competitive - without leeches. And I'm all for the individualism it will create. When women-folk are ready for that - I shall buy into.

Anyway, what do you think about the picture ol'girl posted on the first page?

1 Like

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by SpcAgtOko: 4:33am On Mar 19, 2015
dre11:

This is a lie

The cake is a lie
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 5:17am On Mar 19, 2015
Yadoctora:

After she does all of the above, what do you do for her? You complain that she does not dress sexy, smells of maggi and is too tired to satisfy you in bed.You complain of her saggy br.east even when you fight for ownerahip with the children and made it so cheesy .

To help her with the chores, wahala. mama from the village sef must not hear.

There are good Nigerian men though.
In short, I'm a bad Nigerian man abi? God pass you.
After she does all of the above I do what a man is supposed to do for her. Simple and precise. And why should I help with the chores, what is her job? And who do the children belong to, she couldn't even do half a good training job as I would.

If you want to argue with sentiments you've come to the wrong address. grin
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 5:24am On Mar 19, 2015
Yadoctora:

No. It does not depict a woman as being everything. It speaks of the woman's responsibility in catering for the family's needs. The man should support her. Rather, he expects care like a child.

The other parts of your write up are disjointed. I donno what ur rant is about
the man should support what? Look, each partner has their role to play and they should play it accordingly. I don't know you but no man in my lineage ever hung on to a woman like that nonsense in the OP. Any other womanly duty should be carried out by a woman. Cikenan
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 5:27am On Mar 19, 2015
Yadoctora:

where is the jab?
If u have to tell me u ar blessed, then U av a problem.
babyosisi come and carry ur ewure o. I no get her time.
Oh, I see now. You're just here to be an asz eh? Noted
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by freecocoa(f): 8:32am On Mar 19, 2015
Ewuro4:

I really am grin grin

There's nowhere to bury the hatchet Nne, no more disposable land in Lekki, all sold out. grin

grin grin grin.

Funny you, make una bury am for Ikorodu, land still boku for that side.
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by DollyParton1(f): 8:56am On Mar 19, 2015
Timbuktou:
the man should support what? Look, each partner has their role to play and they should play it accordingly. I don't know you but no man in my lineage ever hung on to a woman like that nonsense in the OP. Any other womanly duty should be carried out by a woman. Cikenan
I am just curious, please what are the roles of the man and wife? I have been asked this particular question before. But I got no answer.
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 9:00am On Mar 19, 2015
DollyParton1:

I am just curious, please what are the roles of the man and wife? I have been asked this particular question before. But I got no answer.
The gods have seen fit to answer your "dilemma" today.

The roles are simple and basic:

Wife to keep the home, husband to provide for and protect the home. Cikenan
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by DollyParton1(f): 9:12am On Mar 19, 2015
SirShymexx:

So, you don't see me allude to giving back whatever energy you receive all the time? - it basically means reciprocating the gesture.

However, when most of the chicken heads running around these days are head-cases - they'll get the same treatment.

Life's about survival of the fittest, and when it comes to ya survival - doing what's best for you is always the best approach. You should never put an ingrate/disloyal-mofo on a pedestal, else she'll end up stepping all over you. grin

Act right. tongue
You always give this negative energy when it comes to female folks.

1 Like

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by bukatyne(f): 9:13am On Mar 19, 2015
slimyem:
Well...
I am saying the gender equality cause has made the expectation higher and it is as if these men are waiting for us to prove that we can do it all or fail in the process. Have you not seen how they are quick to point out or refer to the cause in mockery when issues or topics like this come up?

Most responsibilities in the home like domestic labor, child care, tending to the elderly, and so forth, continues to fall on the women so also is constantly looking like Cleopatra while contributing to family coffers.

Rather than the fight been seen as one where women are supposed to be able to do ANYTHING, it is seen as one where we are supposed to be able to do EVERYTHING.

Philosopher slimyem cheesy

You are very correct...

It is well
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by DollyParton1(f): 9:20am On Mar 19, 2015
Timbuktou:
The gods have seen fit to answer your "dilemma" today.
The roles are simple and basic:
Wife to keep the home, husband to provide for and protect the home. Cikenan
But wives these days are providing equally as the husbands.
I still don't understand what protection entails.

3 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 19, 2015
Timbuktou:
In short, I'm a bad Nigerian man abi? God pass you.
After she does all of the above I do what a man is supposed to do for her. Simple and precise. And why should I help with the chores, what is her job? And who do the children belong to, she couldn't even do half a good training job as I would.

If you want to argue with sentiments you've come to the wrong address. grin

Traditionally, women work and provide for their family too. I know Yoruba history at least, Women were traders, worked in farms and through their associations had chiefs in governing councils.Today, same applies. Women have their career and run the home.

Men should simply drop the ego and do same. Let them be super women and be hands-on at home too.

2 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 9:24am On Mar 19, 2015
DollyParton1:

Just the point I just made.
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by remsonik(f): 10:08am On Mar 19, 2015
Nairaland men have come again o.

The image the op posted up there,isn't it what you men men want?
Now a mirror is being held up your faces and you are all getting angry.
You want wives like your mothers who would pound yam for their husbands everyday,respect him,worship him and also be everything in the homefront. Yet you dont want to be men like your fathers who would protect, provide and give everything to make their family happy.

You only want to relax on a couch,watch TV all day and read newspapers then bark around the house dishing orders.

Nonsense!!!

6 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 19, 2015
Yadoctora:

Traditionally, women work and provide for their family too. I know Yoruba history at least, Women were traders, worked in farms and through their associations had chiefs in governing councils.Today, same applies. Women have their career and run the home.

Men should simply drop the ego and do same. Let them be super women and be hands-on at home too.
Aya is aya, oko is oko. Traditionally, how many yoruba homes had their head of household sweeping and shiit? They did the heavy lifting; fix the house, mend the roofs and such. They left womanly stuff for women to handle. All those women you're talking about always came home to handle their bidness. Any man who cleans his home out of duty rather than necessity is a pansy. wink
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 19, 2015
DollyParton1:

in most homes where this is the dynamic, the marriage isn't so healthy chiefly because women desire a richer husband. If she earns a million she wants someone who earns ten. Aint it so?
Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 19, 2015
Timbuktou:
Aya is aya, oko is oko. Traditionally, how many yoruba homes had their head of household sweeping and shiit? They did the heavy lifting; fix the house, mend the roofs and such. They left womanly stuff for women to handle. All those women you're talking about always came home to handle their bidness. Any man who cleans his home out of duty rather than necessity is a pansy. wink

Then you agree with the op.
Men dont fix the roof or mend stuffs. They call on people who do such things to do it.They pay to get them done. Women are empowered and can as well pay. So, what makes the man different?

3 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by DollyParton1(f): 11:24am On Mar 19, 2015
Timbuktou:
in most homes where this is the dynamic, the marriage isn't so healthy chiefly because women desire a richer husband. If she earns a million she wants someone who earns ten. Aint it so?

I have seen cases of healthy homes where the wives earn equally as or more than the husband. The idea is that in such homes, the man should realize that he can't just pull the "traditional I am the head of the family" card.

Women tend to opt for richer husbands because it is safe for them. They can be who they are with the man without the man scrutinising their actions and thereby tagging them as arrogant.

So what does protection entail?

3 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by DollyParton1(f): 11:30am On Mar 19, 2015
Timbuktou:
Errrrm u fix the roof urself? Or u pay the carpenter to do it?
Yea sweeping wont kill the head of the family. What's wrong in occasionally helping your wife when you notice that she is overwhelmed with duties. She is helping you too by earning to support the family.

2 Likes

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by DollyParton1(f): 11:33am On Mar 19, 2015
Yadoctora:

Then you agree with the op.
Men dont fix the roof or mend stuffs. They call on people who do such things to do it.They pay to get them done. Women are empowered and can as well pay. So, what makes the man different?
he has a third leg.

1 Like

Re: The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) by DollyParton1(f): 11:34am On Mar 19, 2015
remsonik:
Nairaland men have come again o.

The image the op posted up there,isn't it what you men men want?
Now a mirror is being held up your faces and you are all getting angry.
You want wives like your mothers who would pound yam for their husbands everyday,respect him,worship him and also be everything in the homefront. Yet you dont want to be men like your fathers who would protect, provide and give everything to make their family happy.

You only want to relax on a couch,watch TV all day and read newspapers then bark around the house dishing orders.

Nonsense!!!

They scratch their balls while watching TV too.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

I Confronted My Dad For Slapping My Mum, And Got Slapped In Return / OPEN MARKETPLACE... Get Good Products At Unbeatable Rates Here. / Dad Begs For Forgiveness For Defiling His Daughters.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.