Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,175 members, 7,807,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:19 PM

Challenges Of A Single Mother - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Challenges Of A Single Mother (21445 Views)

Can Someone Who Decides To Live A Single And Childless Life Be Happy? / The Big Challenges Of Being A Pastor's child / Single Mother Looking For Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by maternal: 11:32am On Mar 18, 2015
The same single mothers shouting don't discriminate are the same ones who wouldn't date a broke man prior to their condition. I'd rather die than date a single mom.
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by franzis(m): 11:36am On Mar 18, 2015
they are one of the most special and wonderful people to date / marry, if I have my way , I would get married to one in this life and next life after
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by stinggy(m): 11:36am On Mar 18, 2015
chimkaire:
Ma so cheesy grin

Sweerie you've been to london? undecided
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by coogar: 11:38am On Mar 18, 2015
maternal:
The same single mothers shouting don't discriminate are the same ones who wouldn't date a broke man prior to their condition. I'd rather die than date a single mom.

but you cannot generalise.....
not all women are materialistic but i agree with your sentiments that women often look down on men that are less-privileged.
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by Ama111(f): 12:15pm On Mar 18, 2015
Tallesty1:
I am here.

Saying NO to abortion isn't their crime.

Their crime is fornication and unprotected sex.

I have a feeling this is one of your advanced sarcasm but just in case it isn't.

I am trying and God is my strength. Thanks

I don't have to be a saint to say the truth, what is wrong is wrong even if the whole world is doing it. Our Parents said we should abstain from Premarital sex, we said NO, we shall do it.

A group after seeing that we can't zip up decided to invent another means of protection, they didn't just invent it, they made sure it is affordable but the rebellious generation said NO, skin to skin is better.

So they went ahead and had sex against the warnings of their parents and government and got pregnant, now they expect us to congratulate them when the consequence surfaces. Something that wouldn't have happened if we had listened to all the warnings that were issued to us.

It is not like I am condemning anybody but they should know that the whole world won't accept them.

If you are strong enough to open your leg and have unprotected sex then you should also be brave enough to stand up and live with the consequences, Jesus was a good man yet he was stoned.

There is nothing you will do on earth that will be generally accepted, not one.

Obey your parents and abstain from sex, or better still use condom or be ready to face the stigmatization.

You can insult me all you like, insults from kids don't move me at all.
my dear u re d tallest fool eva nah ur type dey give gal bele run cow

2 Likes

Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by Champele(m): 12:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
Chillis:

FVCK WHAT the society thinks. Do the best for you and your child. If them like make dem keep face like gorilla. How will that put food on your table undecided.

Yeye society that let's paedophile roam around every corner.
society that doesn't care about you.pow. I'm waiting for the day I will start considering what the society think about me or what I want to do.
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by nkemdi89(f): 12:21pm On Mar 18, 2015
It depends, an average yoruba man doesn't discriminate a woman if she already have a child, infact they prefer her to the single ones who haven't go through the threshold of motherhood cos she has shown the sign of fruitfulness even his mother would embrace her than the later which they often refer to as adelebo so also an ijaw man. It varies with cultural believe which has prove that been a single mother doesn't mean you are promiscious but shows the fruit of a consumated moment .N.B( an average yorubas not all )

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by MASCOTECH: 12:25pm On Mar 18, 2015
Your only crime is not rejecting Abortion but FURNICATION
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by amokeme(f): 12:26pm On Mar 18, 2015
tivta:
. As long as the man did not force her to have sex, he is only liable to take care of the child and not MARRY the woman out of pity. It takes to tangle. Women should learn how to always protect themselves, there are medications you take after unprotected sex and even for the fear of HIV the woman should have quickly gone to the clinic for first aid treatment.
God bless you! I don't have any problem with single mums.. Infact, there are some you see and u just love them.
But the set i can't stand are the ones forming the victim, making it look like it the guys fault and the world should pity them cos "he go me pregnant" i think if the man takes care full responsibility of the child's welfare then he is a good man! But most of the single mums are pained becos they thought having a child for a man will make him marry you. It doesn't work that way anymore.. And its easy to know pple in this category. But i so love the single mums that just decides to have a child, because they want to. You just got to love their kids..
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by Tallesty1(m): 12:33pm On Mar 18, 2015
Ama111:
my dear u re d tallest fool eva nah ur type dey give gal bele run cow
Why not read this?
https://www.nairaland.com/1934821/how-keep-cool-when-someone
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by Tallesty1(m): 12:44pm On Mar 18, 2015
Champele:
you are just a fool.who knows how many abortion you have done in your life. I will always advice people not to listen o or take advice from people like you.selfish maggots.
Very funny, you don't know me yet you advice people not to advice from people like me, isn't that foolish? Now we know who is a fool between us.

I am not a woman nor a physician so I have never done abortion. I have never aided abortion in any way and I will always tell people that it is had to abstain but it is better than being a single mom.

Abortion is no option so let God be the judge between you and I.
If I practice what I preach then let God bless me and let destruction take me unawares if I don't.

As for you, I have only this to tell, speak only of the things you know.

An elder once told me that people who are guilty of what you preach will attack you unnecessarily so keep it coming, I now know where you belong.

I wish I can send maturity to you via a pmsad

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by Nobody: 12:45pm On Mar 18, 2015
stinggy:

Sweerie you've been to london? undecided
I live in Pekam undecided lipsrsealed grin
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by charlsecy(m): 12:47pm On Mar 18, 2015
rittyben:
But in truth, our only crime was to say NO to ABORTION.
And perhaps, unprotected premarital sex...
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by cococandy(f): 3:05pm On Mar 18, 2015
alentyno:
grin Please don't tell me you believe tallesty1 is a virgin. Dammit you're not even a newbie!

Well he'd have to be one to type that comment innit?
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by link2jude(m): 3:07pm On Mar 18, 2015
Most of them end up consciously dating married men and even go to the extend of defending their abominable acts when confronted.
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 18, 2015
maternal:

u again. afterall u ar married , u dnt av any business here.
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 18, 2015
maternal:

u again! afterall u ar married.u dnt av any business here.
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by AngelicaDivine(f): 3:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
Say no to abortion & unprotected premarital sex. Stay safe ladies
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 18, 2015
Thinkr:
hmmm that's good. But don't tell me you do have seks outside wedlock stil. I wonder how you cope. It must rili be hard. God is your strength.

that shuld be a private matter besides women has a higher capacity to stay off sex than men especially wen a child is involved.

our emotions are channeled to d child nd work so as to provide d best for d kid which makes it harder to even tink of sex.

2 Likes

Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 18, 2015
MizMyColi:

Ultimately.....what defines a person as good or bad......in my worldview isn't their action(s).....It's their soul.[/font]

If your actions don't define you then what will ?
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 18, 2015
MizMyColi:

Ultimately.....what defines a person as good or bad......in my worldview isn't their action(s).....It's their soul.[/font]

You were doing great till this part , people are judged best by their actions not by their soul/spirit/essence or whatever nuance you may come up with.
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 18, 2015
goodmorning40:
I look forward to the day we begin to have single father's too, the day our men will stop being cow brained and begin to live up to their responsibilities if u can't handle it then leave the girl alone ur life does not depend on konji

For every single mother there is a single dad unless of course he's dead , so I don't know what you're on about
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by goodmorning40: 3:37pm On Mar 18, 2015
neoapocalypse:

For every single mother there is a single dad unless of course he's dead , so I don't know what you're on about
How will u know what am at. How many of those babies u fathered and ran away are with u. How many of them can u give account of

1 Like

Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 18, 2015
MizMyColi:

For example.....I'm not a typical church girl, I go to church because that's one way to keep my Mom in the know that her daughter hasn't gone haywire. I really don't believe that there's a God up above the sky. I believe that the God and Heaven we so desire lies within us, and that, until we turn towards this power and dimension within us, raising it up for the world to see.......we'd continue enjoying, even in our suffering.I don't believe in Hell. I have lost faith in institutional Christianity. Simply put? I see no need in attending Church as I know it today.
[/font]

Haha , a lot of closet atheist on this forum ( or should I say closet agnostic in your case )
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by Nobody: 3:54pm On Mar 18, 2015
goodmorning40:

How will u know what am at. How many of those babies u fathered and ran away are with u. How many of them can u give account of

Running away doesn't mean they aren't single dads
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by MizMyColi(f): 4:00pm On Mar 18, 2015
neoapocalypse:

You were doing great till this part , people are judged best by their actions not by their soul/spirit/essence or whatever nuance you may come up with.

Looool
Your Dp is funny gaan cheesycheesycheesy

I know this would make me sound holier than thou....
But those who know me beyond NL know say Nuh Be Me Holy Passgrin

It just boils down to this.....
Man has Body, Spirit and Soul.
Sometimes.....we take actions which are not a true representation of the state of our souls/spirit beings.

Take the manager who had to rob his bank because his life was threatened, in the process, six people died.
Agree or not.......the blood of those people are on him....

It would be very easy for us humans to condemn him, because, matter of fact, he had a choice.....but that would have been a very tough call.....

In this case, I am looking at who this man really is at the core of his being.....his soul.
Before his spirit caught a virus....now to restore him, he'd have to be formatted.

He would go around for the rest of his life blaming himself.
Thinking of himself as a murderer.

But I'd say to him......
"True, you made a wrong call and people died.
But contrary to the world's view.....I don't see a murderer in you.
I don't see a person who is beyond redemption.
Allow your soul to connect to your source.
Walk in the awareness of who you really are.
Everyone else sees you as bad, irredeemable......but someone in here (touching his chest) knows that was just an anomaly......
You are better.
You will do better.
Quit beating yourself up and live again."

^^^ What I just did now is speak healing to that man.
People think that showing people love has a way of making them indulge in wrong ways...
But that's a lie.
Whether you show a person Love or Not, if they will do wrong by themselves, they will!
Matter of fact, employing the cold way of correction approach has a way of making most folks become obstinate....even though it might seem like your gist is sinking in at the time.

What I preach is this.
Whether a person has flaws or not.
Whether you have lived or living wrongly or not.

There is someone (Eternal Spirit) who sees beyond your actions....
Who understands your struggles, and who accepts you nonetheless, his love for you knows no bounds, and while it may seem like you are suffering the consequence of your choice(s), keep your gaze and focus on him, he is not up there in the sky, he is within you, about you, around you......he has a way of turning things, he has a way of turning your sorrows to joy. He heals, He restores.

He sees you, not for what you are now, but for what you can be.
And that is how I choose to see you too (So Help Me Jah).
kiss

Oops, @Neoapocalypse......I think I stopped replying you since o
Lool, The words were coming and I had to pen them down.

If those words are meant for you, whoever you are.......I love youkissand you are accepted, no judgement.
You wanna be better? You will be betterwink
Re: Challenges Of A Single Mother by goodmorning40: 4:04pm On Mar 18, 2015
neoapocalypse:

Running away doesn't mean they aren't single dads

That boils down to what am saying, the woman bears it all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should Husband And Wife Have A Joint Account? / Paternity Dispute: Two Men Battle Ownership Of 5-Month Baby In Warri / I Suspect My Friend Of Bad Luck Aura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.