Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport (150530 Views)

Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) / Wrong Place On My Friend Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by AllBusiness(m): 6:02pm On Apr 12, 2016
Any solution here
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2016
GoldCircle:
How did this discrepancy arise in the first place? You may have to go to the immigration HQ in Abuja to have this effected. I understand that all such corrections are only made with the approval of the CG of immigration.

errors happen everytime so dnt ask such a question

2 Likes

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by smut: 12:44am On Jun 20, 2016
Hi guys, does anyone have contact of who to call in Abuja to know the status of one's application? I have applied for a change of data on my passport for over 3months and I have not heard anything about it.my application was approved and I have paid every necessary fee.thanks
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by dotcomnamename: 7:38am On Jun 20, 2016
smut:
Hi guys, does anyone have contact of who to call in Abuja to know the status of one's application? I have applied for a change of data on my passport for over 3months and I have not heard anything about it.my application was approved and I have paid every necessary fee.thanks

DOB or Just names?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by smut: 2:25pm On Jun 20, 2016
If you have any contact of whom to reach overthere kindly let me know.... thanks !!!
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Rubypca: 3:51pm On Aug 16, 2016
@ tlk2prince, luvlydevin and others who have links. I am really serious about this issue. I have a similar problem any useful link will be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Luvlydevin(m): 5:50pm On Aug 16, 2016
Rubypca:

I am really serious about this issue. I have a similar problem any useful link will be appreciated. Thanks.
what is the problem, what do you want to do
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by ambrosini593(m): 5:04pm On Aug 24, 2016
its well
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by barbiee: 2:47pm On Sep 06, 2016
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by menuhome5: 7:53pm On Sep 06, 2016
nineteenth:
Hello everyone,

I need your candid opinion on a burning issue which has been troubling me for some time now. I am really ashamed and remorseful of my actions, it was just the situation I found myself. I was once a footballer and once had an opportunity to travel to Europe for my footballing career but this did not work out as planned. I got a passport for this purpose where I did not use my real age, as advised by my coach and agent. I later dropped football and went back to school. Now I am done with my first degree and I intend going abroad for my masters degree. The old passport with my false age expired and I proceeded to the NIS office where I met an Immigration officer who assisted me and got me another passport after I did the Biometrics. I actually paid him 100k for this. I really don't know if it was renewal or re-issue he did but this new passport has my real age and name which tally with my academic documents. The new passport has the old and new passport numbers written on it its data page. Now my question is, with the old number available on the passport, will the embassy verify and compare the information on the new and old passports?

Thanks for your useful contributions.

I don't think embassy will ever do such. I knew someone who did exactly same thing and he has travelled with it . I don't think they have application to verify such info.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by ladylco: 3:20pm On Sep 16, 2016
ShootingStar88:
But if you have anyone that has successfully changed it or have heard of such, let me know so that I won't waste my little change on travelling, lodging, and even applying for COD and it will all waste away.

once again, thanks Nairalanders,

hello, did you succeed with your DOB change? please share

1 Like

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Oluwatubold98: 7:33am On Sep 23, 2016
If anyone should tell you he or she can help you out, you have to be careful about the person because he or she is trying to scam you..the best way you can go about it is to go down to passport headquarter in Abuja because I did my own yesterday..the cost depend on who attend to you,but for me I spent 95k....60k to government account 30k for the officer coleleting your documents and 5k for officer taking your passport

3 Likes

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by smut: 1:22pm On Sep 23, 2016
hello, how long did it take you to get your passport?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by smut: 1:23pm On Sep 23, 2016
Oluwatubold98:
If anyone should tell you he or she can help you out, you have to be careful about the person because he or she is trying to scam you..the best way you can go about it is to go down to passport headquarter in Abuja because I did my own yesterday..the cost depend on who attend to you,but for me I spent 95k....60k to government account 30k for the officer coleleting your documents and 5k for officer taking your passport
how long did it take to get your passport?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by dotcomnamename: 2:11pm On Sep 25, 2016
Oluwatubold98:

And how long does the process take? I heard it can now be done in Lagos, how true is this?.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by dotcomnamename: 11:34pm On Sep 29, 2016
This thread going down?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Talk2Bella(f): 8:40pm On Nov 07, 2016
ShootingStar88:
thanks for all the convincing advices. i'm most grateful. i'll find my way to the Abuja office soon to give it a trial.

have u been able to do the change of birth on your international passport

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) / My Experience Living And Working In The UAE / Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.