Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,600 members, 7,801,727 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport (150067 Views)

Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) / Wrong Place On My Friend Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by dotcomnamename: 12:32am On Nov 24, 2016
jane1205:
Please share the officer that help you phone number number please.

Wrong quote

1 Like

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by gabi101(m): 3:16pm On Dec 28, 2016
good day all!
its very possible to change dob on e passport.the main thing is to know the right persons to help you in abuja.im a living witness to that.i had problem with mine due to some intended reasons but now i have corrected the mistake i made on my dob Thank GOD!. dont believe that nothing is impossible or naysayers just give it a try with the rigth people and success will be your story.peace!

1 Like

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 29, 2016
gabi101:
good day all!
its very possible to change dob on e passport.the main thing is to know the right persons to help you in abuja.im a living witness to that.i had problem with mine due to some intended reasons but now i have corrected the mistake i made on my dob Thank GOD!. dont believe that nothing is impossible or naysayers just give it a try with the rigth people and success will be your story.peace!

Bro, I sent you a dm. Please check. Thanks!
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 02, 2017
gabi101:
good day all!

How many days did it took you to change details in passport? Did you bribe or did it official way?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by gabi101(m): 6:28pm On Jan 04, 2017
cowleg:

How many days did it took you to change details in passport? Did you bribe or did it official way?

it took some days or a week i think i cant remember the duration but as for the other question im not sure of what to answer.though if you want it fast you might have to pay much but if you want it at the normal duration then you might have to wait long,of course you know Nigeria(im just guessing)...for me i paid 180k last year for it and it didnt take long, so be prepared.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by chakalaka: 5:31pm On Jan 21, 2017
Go to Immigration office Headquarter in Abuja to rectify any error on your international passport.
once you reach there, go straight to GLASS HOUSE, enter there and turn to your right, walk straight down and locate the staircases, then enter the first room by your right ( ACG office ), enter the office and explain yourself to any officer in that room. (any other officers apart from those ones working in ACG office will likely be calling different unofficial prices for you, take note).
You will be directed properly on how to go about it.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by chakalaka: 5:40pm On Jan 21, 2017
ADDITION to my earlier post.
official price before ACG approval is 33,000
additional price after the approval is 25.00ADDITION to my earlier post.
additional price after the approval is 25.0000.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by chakalaka: 5:45pm On Jan 21, 2017
additional price after the approval is 25.000.

dont pay unnecessary money to any officer acting as if they are helping you ooo.
thats the reason i posted going to glass house and enter the ACG office, you will see some of the officers there, willing to help without charging you.

1 Like

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by dotcomnamename: 11:23am On Jan 23, 2017
chakalaka:
Go to Immigration office Headquarter in Abuja to rectify any error on your international passport.
once you reach there, go straight to GLASS HOUSE, enter there and turn to your right, walk straight down and locate the staircases, then enter the first room by your right ( ACG office ), enter the office and explain yourself to any officer in that room. (any other officers apart from those ones working in ACG office will likely be calling different unofficial prices for you, take note).
You will be directed properly on how to go about it.

But its not easy like that o! Those officer will definitely emand for more! grin
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by kayfuture: 4:13pm On Feb 02, 2017
chakalaka:
additional price after the approval is 25.000.

dont pay unnecessary money to any officer acting as if they are helping you ooo.
thats the reason i posted going to glass house and enter the ACG office, you will see some of the officers there, willing to help without charging you.

Bro, I don't think its very easy as you suggested.. I might be wrong also but here is my own experience.. was @NIS HQ on the 14th of Jan to change some details on P.. Was directed to this same glass house, went through the stairs, randomly met an old looking officer.. narrate the whole stuff to him, We both entered a room (production room,) their we discussed extensively.. he told me HOHA , which route I wan follow.. if I am going for the normal route, it can take for ever.. but if I am going through the back door .3-4weeks max! we bargain for 140k.. I gave him halve the payment.. instantly, a file was created for me, they also drafted a letter for me (reason for change). A young officer took me to the picture room opposite the glass house to snap(VIP room).. less than 30mins, I was already through.. he called me yesterday that it has being approved! Bottom line, money answereth all problems in Nija.. If you wan follow due process, you go tey small.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by millhouse: 1:56am On Feb 03, 2017
kayfuture:

Bro, I don't think its very easy as you suggested.. I might be wrong also but here is my own experience.. was @NIS HQ on the 14th of Jan to change some details on P.. Was directed to this same glass house, went through the stairs, randomly met an old looking officer.. narrate the whole stuff to him, We both entered a room (production room,) their we discussed extensively.. he told me HOHA , which route I wan follow.. if I am going for the normal route, it can take for ever.. but if I am going through the back door .3-4weeks max! we bargain for 140k.. I gave him halve the payment.. instantly, a file was created for me, they also drafted a letter for me (reason for change). A young officer took me to the picture room opposite the glass house to snap(VIP room).. less than 30mins, I was already through.. he called me yesterday that it has being approved! Bottom line, money answereth all problems in Nija.. If you wan follow due process, you go tey small.
the M word is the only language they understand
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by dotcomnamename: 2:00pm On Feb 03, 2017
kayfuture:

What if in a situation where the person is not in Nigeria, but has relative in Nigeria?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by kayfuture: 1:55pm On Feb 04, 2017
rebekah126:
pls me sef wan do oo,aw can i reach you or d man dt did urs pls?thanks

You sef wan do? LoL.. My candid advice is for you to go down to Abuja.. see things yourself.. Partially everyone at the said glass house can assist you. as long as he/she is an officer with a Name and tag.. Its just like an Administrative dept. so its your choice to got through the normal protocol route or back door.

1 Like

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by rebekah126: 8:25am On Feb 05, 2017
kayfuture:

You sef wan do? LoL.. My candid advice is for you to go down to Abuja.. see things yourself.. Partially everyone at the said glass house can assist you. as long as he/she is an officer with a Name and tag.. Its just like an Administrative dept. so its your choice to got through the normal protocol route or back door.
lol...dont mind me,pls did you take any document??cuz d man somone introduced to me said i shud bring som documents plus 180k...i dey fear make dem no dupe me..180k no b small money for dis jain recession period
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by kayfuture: 11:26am On Feb 05, 2017
rebekah126:
lol...dont mind me,pls did you take any document??cuz d man somone introduced to me said i shud bring som documents plus 180k...i dey fear make dem no dupe me..180k no b small money for dis jain recession period

Any official form to identify yourself with.. I presented my driver's license,waec,national identity, nysc cert, university cert, birth cert.. They might not need all, but sha, bring everything bring able.. as for your price. it depends on the bargain scope. Best wishes

1 Like

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by bizmania(m): 6:41am On Feb 06, 2017
Good morning everyone. Please I intend to acquire an international passport this week ahead of some international conferences I will be attending this year. I'm very clueless about how to go about this. I have heard some people mention 32 page passport while others have mentioned 64 pages. What is the basic difference between them? which one is ideal for my purpose of travel (conference)?
What do I need to get ready before visiting the immigration office? Lastly, please drop any information you think will be of use.
Thank you.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by dotcomnamename: 8:06am On Feb 06, 2017
kayfuture:

Any official form to identify yourself with.. I presented my driver's license,waec,national identity, nysc cert, university cert, birth cert.. They might not need all, but sha, bring everything bring able.. as for your price. it depends on the bargain scope. Best wishes

You did not answer my question
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by kayfuture: 11:59am On Feb 06, 2017
dotcomnamename:

What if in a situation where the person is not in Nigeria, but has relative in Nigeria?

Bro, I am not an officer so I can't give you a definite answer..but My opinion about it is that, it is essential for the applicant to be present for capture..and I don't think you can scan it and send it to them.. The capture is most important aspect.. They will render the previous one invalid.. I hope I don answer you small cool
dotcomnamename:

Bro, I am not an officer so I can't give you a definite answer..but My opinion about it is that, it is essential for the applicant to be present for capture..and I don't think you can scan it and send it to them.. The capture is most important aspect.. They will render the previous one invalid.. I hope I don answer you small
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by dotcomnamename: 1:11am On Feb 07, 2017
kayfuture:

Bro, I am not an officer so I can't give you a definite answer..but My opinion about it is that, it is essential for the applicant to be present for capture..and I don't think you can scan it and send it to them.. The capture is most important aspect.. They will render the previous one invalid.. I hope I don answer you small cool

Bro, I am not an officer so I can't give you a definite answer..but My opinion about it is that, it is essential for the applicant to be present for capture..and I don't think you can scan it and send it to them.. The capture is most important aspect.. They will render the previous one invalid.. I hope I don answer you small

Can they process it in Abuja, while the applicant capture at the Nigerian embassy abroad. The reason i asked the question is because i have someone who applied for change of data to the Nigerian embassy since 2014 but they keep saying the passport headquarter in abuja haven't sent approval to them and there is nothing they can do until they receive approval from abuja. Does that not mean its possible to get it done in Abuja without the appearance of the applicant? or am i missing something?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by MabraO: 5:24pm On Feb 07, 2017
Am in same things. Want to change my name nd dob. I know it's in Abj but don't know how much to hold.
I ve been calling to confirm but nobody Dey answer me.

Pls who can give me genuine response as to how much to hold both lodging and acquiring the passport

1 Like

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by justwise(m): 6:24pm On Feb 08, 2017
@boro11

nairaland is not a branch office of any dubious immigration officer, no decent immigration officer will give his or her personal details to be shared in public forum like this.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 7:00pm On Feb 08, 2017
justwise:
@boro11

nairaland is not a branch office of any dubious immigration officer, no decent immigration officer will give his or her personal details to be shared in public forum like this.

Did you see any details here ?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by justwise(m): 7:21pm On Feb 08, 2017
boro11:

Did you see any details here ?

You volunteered to supply one.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by bukiboy(m): 7:52pm On Feb 08, 2017
ShootingStar88:
it was ignorance. the agent that did it then was the one that made a mistake from the information I sent to him via sms, but he convinced me it won't be a big deal (I was gullible) but now I have to pay for it in a big way.

Why wait for that long to effect the change?

we should all try to do the right thing. you have to go to Immigration HQ and explain what happened. just be honest

1 Like

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 17, 2017
Brothers and sisters. I wanted to add a to my first name, November 29 2016, I applied officially for change of details. For 2months and some days I waited patiently no information or details or feed back. Headed back to abuja went to office of ACG passport, lo and behold nothing was done on my file. I saw a letter which said I should come to ACG passport, I met both the junior and senior officers in that office, nobody wanna listen or attend to me. I keep meeting some of them yet not granted attention. I beg the junior officer to find my file he was skeptical, till I gave him 2k my file came out. I withdrew my passport and met an officer willing to assist me with lobby fee 180k. Nigerian immigration is a safe heaven for corruption.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) / My Experience Living And Working In The UAE / Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.