Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport (150533 Views)

Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth On Europe Bound Migrant Ship (pics) / Wrong Place On My Friend Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by BamBella(m): 11:31am On May 28, 2018
I have finally changed my date of birth on my Nigeria passport, I got the passport this morning after waiting for three weeks.

In total, I spent over 350k.

I thank God for everything.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Gewezzy1(f): 5:17pm On May 28, 2018
BamBella:

What do you want to rectify on your passport?
I would like to change my Name, the one on my Passport isn't my full name, what do i do please
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by BamBella(m): 12:22am On May 29, 2018
Gewezzy1:
I would like to change my Name, the one on my Passport isn't my full name, what do i do please

Is the name on your passport totally different from the ones you have on your other documents? If Yes, then you should go to the immigration headquarters in Abuja. That's the only place I know in Nigeria that issues like this can be resolved, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. When you get to the immigration headquarters, go straight to the Glass house and explain to any elderly officer you see around, please don't give the work to junior officers.

I said elderly officers because they seem to be the only reasonable ones who takes the work serious, after explaining he/she will tell you how much it will cost you. Whatever the amount they tell you, please don't bargain it too much as that alone might delay your work. I'm talking from experience, I'm sure you know how Nigeria government establishments work. With money you can easily buy your way through grin

If you want to Change it because you're now married, then you need to go along with some documents. E.g; your marriage certificate.

But whatever the case, be ready to spend a huge amount of money and also you'll need to be patient because the processing takes time.

2 Likes

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by BamBella(m): 9:15am On May 29, 2018
tonyik:
Dob, do you have a contact? please send to nkbeby@yahoo.com

I don't have a contact bro. But I'm sure you can easily get it done with money. Just go straight to the headquarters like I said, any elderly officer you meet there can virtually help you out.

All you need is to be loaded.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Olami90: 1:29pm On May 29, 2018
Nairalanders, please I have a question.

I want to ask how genuine is online application for renewal of Internal passport?

I saw it online that one can request and make payment online and later apply for physical screening.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by mimicue(f): 10:52pm On Jun 09, 2018
Please I just applied for passport and noticed the house address wasn’t spelt correctly , is this an issue
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by dadekunle: 12:39pm On Jun 19, 2018
I found out wrong DOB on my passport on collection at their office. The error was not from me because I checked before they validated it when I did my biometrics and it was correct. I did not collect the passport from them. Please what can I do?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by sharubutu(m): 5:07am On Jul 07, 2018
Good morning house. Please is it true that one can now do this change of DOB in other immigration offices apart from Abuja?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Spotlighte: 8:30pm On Jul 29, 2018
Hi guys,

I was issued my passport last year's December. I just realized today that my date of birth came out wrong. January was used instead of October. What do I do, and what's the cost implication?

I need to make a travel. Would it affect anything, as my documents all have October?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by teehay07: 6:28am On Sep 17, 2018
pls help..how do I go about change in place of birth due to a typo, Lagos spelt as lsagos on my passport. what do I do about this?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Sucreklint: 10:09pm On Oct 04, 2018
Pls I sent you a pm... Reply I need your help.. God bless
barbiee:
I finally changed the date of birth in my passport. It was not as hard as i thought, infact I got my passport changed within 1 week without paying for express, It was God's favour all through and perfect timing.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by lowisz: 1:11pm On Nov 22, 2018
BamBella:

Is the name on your passport totally different from the ones you have on your other documents? If Yes, then you should go to the immigration headquarters in Abuja. That's the only place I know in Nigeria that issues like this can be resolved, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. When you get to the immigration headquarters, go straight to the Glass house and explain to any elderly officer you see around, please don't give the work to junior officers.

I said elderly officers because they seem to be the only reasonable ones who takes the work serious, after explaining he/she will tell you how much it will cost you. Whatever the amount they tell you, please don't bargain it too much as that alone might delay your work. I'm talking from experience, I'm sure you know how Nigeria government establishments work. With money you can easily buy your way through grin

If you want to Change it because you're now married, then you need to go along with some documents. E.g; your marriage certificate.

But whatever the case, be ready to spend a huge amount of money and also you'll need to be patient because the processing takes time.

true talk ,u re right ,did change of name and change of for 250k , pls only Abuja head quarter that can make changes on ur international passport
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by kaymueez: 11:47pm On Nov 23, 2018
Pray for me and give me comforting advice.
Am born 1st june 1985. I applied for passport and mistakenly put 1981. I got to know after online payment but before capturing n biometrics, dy said its still amendable b4 print out. Now its printed out and its still 1981. Dy billing me 15ok and its only done in abj. I get a new passport with my real age. Am disturbed. Wana write ielts n process canada /Australia xpress entry. But dy said i dont need to go to abj in person as its not up to 6months dt its issued
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by ahnie: 12:08am On Nov 24, 2018
Please I wud like to know the process of acquiring an international passport and the cost.
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by millionboi2: 9:17am On Dec 09, 2018
youngbilly1:
Have been in your shoes before i increased my age for a reasons even tho I had visa stamps, I rectified mine in Abuja Headquarter it cost me N45,000, it was an immigration officer that helped me, I had no problem queuing I went in for my capturing expressly. It's very easy if you have your cash no worries. It can never cost you 70k or 100k don't let anyone deceive you, I did mine last year. If you have no link goto the headquarter you will see officers they will help you, just approach nicely.

All you need is 1. Birth Certificate 2. Waec result
i want to change mine,from 1990 to 1993,can I achieve this with a current waec result?

1 Like

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Zeewirld: 3:36pm On Dec 11, 2018
slimbullet:

I sent you a mail. Kindly reply. Thank you!

How true is this?
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Dantoria: 8:30am On Dec 21, 2018
My people....please all my names were correctly spelt and my surname was correctly placed. But my middle name and last name positions was interchanged and i just noticed it now( two weeks after collection).

On my official documents it was written as Eneh Vincent Chidozie but on my international passport it is written as Eneh Chidozie Vincent.

Correct details is

Surname is Eneh
Given names are Vincent Chidozie

But they wrote

Surname as Eneh
Given names as Chidozie Vincent

So the alignment has changed from Eneh Vincent Chidozie( which is on all other official documents) to Eneh Chidozie Vincent( on the international passport)

Please my people i intend to study further, marry and work overseas..will this wrong alignment pose a problem for me?? If yes...how do i go about it now that it is still early and fresh
Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Dantoria: 8:36am On Dec 21, 2018
Please my names are the same but the alignment of my first and middle name was interchanged with regards to what i have on all other official documents...the surname was rightly placed...only the alignment of first and middle name was interchanged like instead of Eneh Vincent Chidozie it came out as Eneh Chidozie Vincent and i wanna study, marry n work overseas....wont it affect me?? Should i start trying to interchange it
BamBella:

Re: Changing The Date Of Birth On My International Passport by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 26, 2018
Pls how did you achieve this, I need to process mine too... I just sent you a PM

barbiee:
I finally changed the date of birth in my passport. It was not as hard as i thought, infact I got my passport changed within 1 week without paying for express, It was God's favour all through and perfect timing.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (28) (Reply)

Aftermath Of Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Tanker Explosion (Graphic Photos) / My Experience Living And Working In The UAE / Nigeria Airways: The Nigerian Picture That Will Bring Tears To Your Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.