Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,470 members, 7,781,365 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:14 PM

Van Gaal's Demolition Of Tottenham Is A Sign Of What Is To Come - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Van Gaal's Demolition Of Tottenham Is A Sign Of What Is To Come (389 Views)

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 4th January 2017 / Chelsea Vs Tottenham Hotspur (2 - 1) On 26th November 2016 / Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Van Gaal's Demolition Of Tottenham Is A Sign Of What Is To Come by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:32pm On Mar 18, 2015
[b]Van Gaal admitted his side's 3-0 demolition of Tottenham had been a long time coming.

"We have waited a long time for such a victory," Van Gaal said.

"The performance was very good against a very good team so I am very pleased.

"I have to see the video again, you have to always see the game a second time, but I have to say that we played like a team - very determined and that is nice after a defeat against Arsenal.

"This was a massive, important game after the defeat against a competitor. So I'm very pleased with the players.

"We have played very well, I think. We have played very compact against Tottenham Hotspur and they had a lot of problems with that.

"I also think that they could not give passes so easily to Harry Kane so that makes it more difficult for him."

"Maybe this is the game that gives us a massive boost," Van Gaal added. "We have to go step-by-step, it is a rat race.

"We are two points from the second position and the next game, as you know is Liverpool.

"Arsenal is one point behind and we are two points behind."

Manchester United's impressive first-half performance against Tottenham, indicates what is to come if Manchester United can give Louis Van Gaal time. Van Gaal is a man who believes in his philosophy of the game and he is ready to lose matches to achieve this.

If Manchester United can give him the chance he needs, they will be one of the best playing sides in the country.

However, it is time for the Manchester United fans to know that Sir Alex Ferguson's era is over. Manchester United will not dominate the English Premier League as they did before. This is because we have teams investing in players and bringing in top coaches. Competition from top sides like Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool will continue getting tighter.

Manchester United can regain their European credibility under Van Gaal because he is a top coach and have built successful sides over the years but he will need realistic targets and patience.

http://footymail..com/2015/03/van-gaals-demolition-of-tottenham-is.html[/b]
Re: Van Gaal's Demolition Of Tottenham Is A Sign Of What Is To Come by Nobody: 4:36pm On Mar 18, 2015
Yeah! Yeah!!Yeah!!! In united we stand. cool

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Man Utd 0 - 0 (live) / Chelsea Vs Thailand Xi 1-0(full Time) / Highlights Of Played Matches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.