Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo (28403 Views)

Man Dies After Drinking 4 Crates Of Beer In Lagos / Man Dies After “excessive Drinking” In Abuja (Photo) / Man Dies After Drinking 20 Sachets Of Gin In N500 Bet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by lalasticlala(m): 8:01pm On Mar 18, 2015
It was all fun and games till a man died in a drinking competition he was having with his friends in Benin, Edo State.

Famous Ogbeide, 25, was attending the funeral of a friend's father when someone suggested they start a drinking competition.

Reports say, the deceased and his friends drank different types and combinations of gins and alcohol. Famous won the competition at the second round, earning him a cash prize of N4,000. Unfortunately, the prize couldn't be redeemed as he was immediately hospitalised and died shortly after.

The police have stepped into the case by arresting the organisers of the event.

Investigations have commenced.

http://pulse.ng/gist/a-death-that-breeds-death-man-dies-in-drinking-competition-at-a-funeral-id3579847.html
Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by SeverusSnape(m): 8:02pm On Mar 18, 2015
Oh!... The man died. cry
RIP man, Say no to excessive alcohol consumption.

13 Likes

Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by jnrbayano(m): 8:03pm On Mar 18, 2015
What proves strength is the refusal to take part in an alcohol consumption contest such as this and not engaging in it.

Poverty of the mind.

Adieu!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by Collynzo419: 8:08pm On Mar 18, 2015
May he rest in peace.

I sincerely hope that the outgoing president-GEJ reads this and learns a lesson from it.

Too much Ogogoro is not good for the body.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by Davotee(m): 8:10pm On Mar 18, 2015
Not sweet. Were am i? Fp i guess. Hmmm. I made it hia ragain. God bless NL longlive lala and i dedicate dis 2 Jega d inec boss. And 2 d matter on ground i fink d blame shud go to FG nd d presidency dey caused it. Now dis young man is dead. R.i.p 2 him. But d PDP led govt nid 2 step up dia game. Today iz armdrobry 2moro kidnap anoda day hot weather, some times heavy flood. D challenges ar jst too much 4 d clueless one. Use your PVCs to vote out cluelessness. Nb: and neither shuld u vote for d asociation of past criminals cos dey ar oll d same. Let it not look as if ayam power drunk bt u can vote 4 me #DAVOTEE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:10pm On Mar 18, 2015
Bad-bad abominable tinz happenin under someone's dictatorship administration (I no call names).

God pls cleanse & heal our land come March4Buhari.

NB: saTANists get behind me, I'm covered by d blood! cool

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by Nobody: 8:11pm On Mar 18, 2015
RIP drinking master.

7 Likes

Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by byteHead(m): 8:11pm On Mar 18, 2015
Dutch courage
Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:13pm On Mar 18, 2015
Blame it on Oshiomole..
Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by ObiOkpor(m): 8:13pm On Mar 18, 2015
lalasticlala:
It was all fun and games till a man died in a drinking competition he was having with his friends in Benin, Edo State.

Famous Ogbeide, 25, was attending the funeral of a friend's father when someone suggested they start a drinking competition.

Reports say, the deceased and his friends drank different types and combinations of gins and alcohol. Famous won the competition at the second round, earning him a cash prize of N4,000. Unfortunately, the prize couldn't be redeemed as he was immediately hospitalised and died shortly after.

The police have stepped into the case by arresting the organisers of the event.

Investigations have commenced.

http://pulse.ng/gist/a-death-that-breeds-death-man-dies-in-drinking-competition-at-a-funeral-id3579847.html
His stupidity has just sent him to hell!

5 Likes

Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by ObiOkpor(m): 8:15pm On Mar 18, 2015
Collynzo419:
May he rest in peace.

I sincerely hope that the outgoing president-GEJ reads this and learns a lesson from it.

I know you are on default settings and you urgently need attntion before you go harewire!

19 Likes

Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 18, 2015
Men just dey die anyhow, if woman no kill him drink go kill am. God protect men from dying anyhow! R.I.P sha.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by politricks: 8:18pm On Mar 18, 2015
It was all fun and games
fun and games in a funeral. Now what will he tell GOD happened?.

6 Likes

Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by siegfried99(m): 8:18pm On Mar 18, 2015
Awoof dey purge belle undecided

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 18, 2015
Lady: hello!!!good evening, thanks for calling
Airtel
customer care service, my name is Judith,
what's
your name and where are you calling from?
Me: hi!!!evening, my name is shegsky, and i'm
calling
from ib(ibadan)
Lady: How may i help you, shegsky?
Me:I'm looking for a wife to marry
Lady: is that why you called this customer
care
service?
Me: Yes, and i think i'm already in love
with
You...you know you have a very nice voice.
Lady:
Hellooo, please, we only attend to issues
about your
Airtel line, okay?
Me: yes 0... This is an issue about my Airtel
line
too...because i spend much credit calling so
many
girls asking their hands in marriage.
Lady: please, I would have to put an end to
this call...
Me: Baby don't talk like that now. I promise to
make
you happy...you would be happy with me. can
I have
your number?
Lady: *raises her voice* come, mr man, I
think
something is wrong with you.
Me: *cut in*... Hey, hold it there... I hope you
can
now feel how frustrating it is to receive a call
and
hear rubbish? From today, warn yourself and
every
other staff of yours over there,let nobody call
me
with a funny
number only for it to be an advert or send me
those
silly messages.you guys disturb my phone
daily like
say am dating Airtel...

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by Nobody: 8:33pm On Mar 18, 2015
Hez gonna get 72 bottles of orijin when he gets there. Some Men acting like fools.
Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by Daniel058(m): 8:34pm On Mar 18, 2015
chaboooo!!!!!!!
Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 18, 2015
You see this man called "poverty" fear am for your good.

1 Like

Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by chinex276(m): 8:35pm On Mar 18, 2015
I hope he will collect his prize in the after life... Smh

1 Like

Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 18, 2015
Heyaa......
Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by macpetrus(m): 8:35pm On Mar 18, 2015
Na wa Ooo
Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by VickyRotex(f): 8:36pm On Mar 18, 2015
And the man died...

Smhhh sad

Na one thing go kill person.

Bet I dont pray for things that I can avoid, to kill me...

Do I say RIP

1 Like

Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by Dyt(f): 8:36pm On Mar 18, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Onimukunmu
Osho free

1 Like

Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by apcmustwin(f): 8:36pm On Mar 18, 2015
lol
Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 18, 2015
Na for the funeral to continue with him be that nah

3 Likes

Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by Tic4tac(m): 8:36pm On Mar 18, 2015
Drunkey master

1 Like

Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:37pm On Mar 18, 2015
RIP

1 Like

Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by efilefun(m): 8:37pm On Mar 18, 2015
lmao thats a good advice to the otuoke dru.nkard, RIP to the dead
Collynzo419:
May he rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 18, 2015
dats gud for him and dem drinkers
Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by Onyiibazz: 8:37pm On Mar 18, 2015
I dont know wat to say though! But i blame it on GEJ, cos under his government, unemployment and poverty have skyrocketed so much. Vote APC

1 Like

Re: Man Dies In Drinking Competition At A Funeral In Edo by smilyice(m): 8:38pm On Mar 18, 2015
So sad RIP drunken Master

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top Nigerian Foods You Must Know / A Nairalander Kills A Big Ram To Mark Business End Of The Year Party / How Much Is 3kg Cylinder Gas In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.