Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,369 members, 7,781,007 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:23 AM

Polls: Jega Ignored My Request For A Meeting – Oritsejafor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Polls: Jega Ignored My Request For A Meeting – Oritsejafor (694 Views)

2015 ELECTION RESULTS: JEGA Ignored Jonathan's Phone Call / Polls : Jega Ignored My Request For A Meeting – Oritsejafor / Security Chiefs Put Pressure On Me To Shift Polls – Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polls: Jega Ignored My Request For A Meeting – Oritsejafor by siraj1402(m): 9:00pm On Mar 18, 2015
President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor Wednesday expressed bitterness over how the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Prof. Attahiru Jega refused to hold a meeting with him.

Oritsejafor, who said the botched meeting, would have held earlier this year, hinted at the probability of Jega ignoring his request based on what some of the close associates of the electoral umpire must have told him.

“Some people have told me that I am too small to meet with him (Jega),” Oritsejafor said.

He made this disclosure at a one-day interactive session of key stakeholders in the Nigerian project comprising religious, political organizations and security agencies organized by think Nigeria Christian-Muslim movement with the theme: ‘towards a peaceful and purposeful political transition in 2015.’

Oritsejafor said: “The General Secretary of CAN has the INEC Chairman’s number. He sent him a text saying the CAN President wants to meet with you. The INEC chairman text back saying those days were not good so Jega gave us two days to chose from and we chose one and he (Jega) accepted. I do not live in Abuja, I live in Warri, and so I have to make my plans to come here. All my plans were made and just as I was ready to come to Abuja my General Secretary contacted me again that the INEC chairman (Jega) said he cannot meet with us that he is too busy.

“Till today I don’t have access to the INEC Chairman. I could not meet this man. We wanted to discuss things bordering us with him. We want to give him some solutions, suggestions but that was it. No new date for us to meet with him. So this is a problem that is why I am saying this now publicly. This happened a little less than two months ago.

“INEC is a necessary organization that every nation must have. I am concerned about two things. One is on the issue of the Permanent Voters Cards (PVC). I have had it said several times that there are many Nigerians who are refusing to collect their PVC. I beg to disagree on this because I sample this and the church I pastor in Warri with about 35 thousand people and I asked to show me there PVCs and I was shocked, I tell you probably close to half of my congregation do not have their PVC.

“I sent my pastors over 100 of them out to meet them and find out why this is so.

“I think one of the things INEC can do is to publish the PVCs that they have quickly, so that Nigerians can easily locate them or pass information on it to each other, so that one can go there to collect it. I am not saying this will solve all the problems but it will go a long way to solve the problem. We charge INEC to please make sure that everyone of those Card Readers work. They should work, they must work.”
Oritsejafor said for the election to be successful Christian and Muslim leaders must sign a peace pact ensuring that Christians and Muslims are safe before, during and after the general elections.

He said: “If we are going to have a successful election there must be confidence building. And one of the things that will build confidence is that Christians and Muslims must resolve that we will protect each other.

“Let Christians who live in predominantly Muslim areas not be afraid to remain there. Many are running away. They shouldn’t. After all they are Nigerians. And our Muslim brothers must make a commitment to say Christians will not be killed in predominantly Muslims areas while Christians should also say Muslims who live in their area will not be killed.

“We must make that commitment to each other. And we must make it publicly. Let the nation know that nobody is going to be victimized based on his or her religion. Everyone must and should be free to go out and vote freely believing that who they are voting for will help them. That is what democracy is all about. Many of us here today are preachers; some are politicians and others. But the most important ones are the preachers because if you are politicians you will either go to the church or the mosque.

“The preachers here must also make a commitment to go to the churches and to the Mosques to begin to preach that Christians are save everywhere and Muslims are save everywhere and we must begin to teach our people to believe in Nigeria. We must begin to emphasize to our
people that we are all Nigerians.”

He advised leaders of both religions that: “We must begin to tell our leaders, our followers to begin to think Nigeria. Nobody is superior to the other.”

The CAN leader also urged all to encourage the military for their fight against Boko Haram.

The President General of the Supreme Council of Islamic Preachers in Nigeria (SCIPIN), Sheikh Muhammed Nourayn Bn-Ahmad said the two major problems: “currently threatening the corporate existence of the Nigerian nation are that of religious extremism/intolerance, as well
as subterranean forces working to break-up Nigeria into those previous pieces and ethnicities that were amalgamated in the past 100 years.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/polls-jega-ignored-my-request-for-a-meeting-oritsejafor/

Re: Polls: Jega Ignored My Request For A Meeting – Oritsejafor by siraj1402(m): 9:02pm On Mar 18, 2015
Imagine what the president has turn this country to?He was disappointed he could not deliver Mr President's message like Obanikoro did.Nice one Jega.

1 Like

Re: Polls: Jega Ignored My Request For A Meeting – Oritsejafor by xreal: 9:04pm On Mar 18, 2015
....and Jega said NO to arms deal business.

BTW, does orisa still represent the christianhood?
Re: Polls: Jega Ignored My Request For A Meeting – Oritsejafor by bamog(m): 9:12pm On Mar 18, 2015
undecided oya tel me aw diz post go make hazard win d ballon d'or
Re: Polls: Jega Ignored My Request For A Meeting – Oritsejafor by GboyegaD(m): 9:24pm On Mar 18, 2015
Unfortunately, Jega doesn't have any business with him and doesn't see reasons why he should honour him. If he has issues to discuss with him, then he should book an appointment to go see him.
Re: Polls: Jega Ignored My Request For A Meeting – Oritsejafor by Kagarko(m): 9:25pm On Mar 18, 2015
Imagine this.

What is the connection between religion and electoral issues.

You are too small to invite him. Even the president have limitation.

Nigeria sai GMB/PYO.
Re: Polls: Jega Ignored My Request For A Meeting – Oritsejafor by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 18, 2015
Pls this man dey take cocaine?
Re: Polls: Jega Ignored My Request For A Meeting – Oritsejafor by otukpo(f): 9:30pm On Mar 18, 2015
It is people like this that continues to bring Jona down, and try to spoil his good name.

But God pass them.

The God that put Jona there in the first will also keep him there till 2015 for him to complete his transformation agenda.
Re: Polls: Jega Ignored My Request For A Meeting – Oritsejafor by sirvic01(m): 9:33pm On Mar 18, 2015
IMO Thats not enough reason to invite Jega, Its high time Men of God stay clear from politics, suggestions should be written to INEC...being CAN president doesn't give one right to make invitation to discuss how election should be run.
Re: Polls: Jega Ignored My Request For A Meeting – Oritsejafor by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 18, 2015
So every interest group should now demand to meet the INEC Chairman...?

This is the level that this present governemnt have given some people unnecessary influence....to the extent that they want to create chaos in the polity.
Re: Polls: Jega Ignored My Request For A Meeting – Oritsejafor by size40: 9:36pm On Mar 18, 2015
una dey see wetin person dey see for this country so? who is Oritsjafor to invite Jega for a meeting?
Re: Polls: Jega Ignored My Request For A Meeting – Oritsejafor by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 18, 2015
otukpo:
It is people like this that continues to bring Jona down, and try to spoil his good name.

But God pass them.

The God that put Jona there in the first will also keep him there till 2015 for him to complete his transformation agenda.
I know you wanted to type 2019 but mistakenly you typed 2015,do you know the meaning of the mistake??it means that GEJ is not destined to rule for another four years.......Gej is going back to otuoke by may29

1 Like

Re: Polls: Jega Ignored My Request For A Meeting – Oritsejafor by gebest: 9:38pm On Mar 18, 2015
Pastor Oritsejafor, please answer this simple question for me, are u CAN president or PDP chairman?
Re: Polls: Jega Ignored My Request For A Meeting – Oritsejafor by dor75: 9:41pm On Mar 18, 2015
Nigeria Secret Meeting:

Security Chiefs have reliably confirmed that in the presence of Nigeria’s president, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, the army chiefs trained loaded guns on Jega, putting the cold muzzle to his skin and telling him that “he was the only obstacle in their path and they will not hesitate to ‘waste’ him and his family if he thought he could send them to jail or the gallows” in the event of an opposition, Buhari/Osinbajo win.

Jega was released to decide whether he will “play ball” with the PDP including abandoning the PV card readers and possibly postponing the elections to cause chaos and preempt options like an Army take-over. It was discussed that the PDP has purchased millions of card numbers from unsuspecting Nigerians and these cannot be used to rig unless the PV card reader is abandoned.Jega was also promised over a billion dollars if he cooperated. He was also promised a commensurate sum if he simply resigned.

Kenneth Minimah told Jega in departing that “you do not have to carry a problem that is not yours on your head… play ball or simply resign and no one will hold it against you. Nigerians will never even appreciate this your suicide battle for them.
”Read more: http://newsrescue.com/nigeria-secret-meeting-army-chiefs-put-gun-to-jegas-head/#ixzz3UkIwVLDp.

Can Anyone confirm the story. Regards
Re: Polls: Jega Ignored My Request For A Meeting – Oritsejafor by Abayhormy(m): 9:44pm On Mar 18, 2015
Jonathan did Not sack Abamoro after hail and hearty Nigerian citizens/job seekers were killed by a scam/fraudulent exercise.

But he sacked Lamido sanusi for raising Alarm on corruption.

He sacked sure P chairman for delivering a speech at Obasanjo's birthday.

More importantly, I keep Wondering;

With the satellites Nigeria launched into space, with the information gathering drone(gulma) that was commissioned, with ALL the gadgets of
Airforce and with ALL the BH terrorists that has been captured over time and escaped/rescued BH victims, why hasn't this administration been able to tell us they've traced at least a single evidence to the links or connections of BH to a sponsor ?

Why haven't The alleged BH Food supply Helicopters been spotted or Located by FG for Once ??

Only God knows the truth.
Re: Polls: Jega Ignored My Request For A Meeting – Oritsejafor by crownprince102: 9:46pm On Mar 18, 2015
Jega is INEC chairman not a CAN member or pastor nor a PFN member of any diocese.

By the way, what authority do you have to summon Jega. Does he look clueless? Jega only has the priviledge not right to summon you.

With all due respect, you have been some kinda disgrace to christianity in Nigeria. Why does a CAN chairman involve himself "deeply" in politics?

It's a big shame your private jet was use to launder money out of this country. Is that the example you set for all Nigerian christians?

No wonder the Catholic church back out of CAN. It's a disgrace you couldn't bring harmony to the christian community.

No wonder we have RICH CHURCHES, RICH PASTORS but POOR MEMBERS.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is Sharia Candidate, ISIS Supporter, U.S Foreign Expert Warns Obama / Latest Polls Indicate A Massive Lead For GEJ As He Is Set To Return As President / Why You Should Not Vote Buhari Come 28 March, 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.