Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

What Y'all Think? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Y'all Think? (5671 Views)

No ls taken / Helmholtz Love: What Do Y'all Think? / Wat Do Y'all Think About Da Idea Of Marrying A Guy 4rm Nigeria & Bring Him 2 Us? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Y'all Think? by Sissy3(f): 2:06pm On Jan 17, 2009
Ok folks ur thoughts needed: should relationships/marriage be about give and take? In otherwords input= output Or does one person has to sacrifice more in order for the relationship to be stable? The sacrifice can be intentional or not.
Re: What Y'all Think? by Tgirl4real(f): 5:23pm On Jan 17, 2009
This is a dicey one.

I would say it should be give and take. Both of u should be willing to sacrifice 100% ( talking within d confines of marriage now ). But if I want to be realistic, women tend to sacrifice more.

I believe a woman should be willing to do all within her power to keep her home together even if it's just because of her kids.

That's my humble submission.
Re: What Y'all Think? by iice(f): 7:28pm On Jan 17, 2009
Give and take but at the same time know your place.
Appreciate and acknowledge the sacrifices given.
Re: What Y'all Think? by bluespice(f): 7:49pm On Jan 17, 2009
what is it called?
a relationship
not a dictatorship
hence its a mutual thing between two people
therefore both parties must be willing to make sacrifices
irrespective of whether such a relationship is altar bound or not
however, in a marriage, the sacrifice should be everything possible without the loss of the individual
hence a woman should be willing to sacrifice everything except the things that make her who she is like her relationship with her God,
her family, her sense of pride in being a woman, e.t.c
same also goes for the man

relationships are a thing of sacrifice
Re: What Y'all Think? by Sissy3(f): 1:09am On Jan 18, 2009
thnks ladies thats all i needed to hear kiss kiss
Re: What Y'all Think? by Taken(m): 1:34am On Jan 18, 2009
Most of you are right, but most relationship are not yet in the give and take mode. For women, be wise and keep your house (this requires sacrifices that women alone can offer).
For men, do everything possible to provide for the family (love, protection, provisions, procreation, partnership, and whatever there is that only men can offer).

Application:
If your man is weaker than you, then be the true help mate.
If the woman is weaker, then the man should live with her with an understanding heart.

If both are strong, let the man know his place and the woman her place.

If both are weak, may God help them.

Se Fini!
Re: What Y'all Think? by Sauron1: 1:36am On Jan 18, 2009
~Sissy~:

Ok folks ur thoughts needed: should relationships/marriage be about give and take? In otherwords input= output Or does one person has to sacrifice more in order for the relationship to be stable? The sacrifice can be intentional or not.

Women has to sacrifice more as they are the ones more likely to be kicked out like polio. tongue
Re: What Y'all Think? by Sissy3(f): 1:37am On Jan 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

Women has to sacrifice more as they are more likely to be kicked out like polio. tongue

really shocked embarassed
Re: What Y'all Think? by Sauron1: 1:38am On Jan 18, 2009
~Sissy~:

really shocked embarassed

Do the heartbreak ratio and get back to me.
Re: What Y'all Think? by Tbag5: 1:39am On Jan 18, 2009
@ Topic.

When it comes to relationship, I think the women should invest more than the guys emotionally. . . .
while the guy should invest more financially and security wise. . .decision making too.

My opinion. . .please.
Re: What Y'all Think? by tope2000(f): 1:40am On Jan 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

Women has to sacrifice more as they are the ones more likely to be kicked out like polio. tongue

Who told u men cant be dropped like a bad habit too undecided tongue
Re: What Y'all Think? by Sissy3(f): 1:40am On Jan 18, 2009
Taken:

Most of you are right, but most relationship are not yet in the give and take mode. For women, be wise and keep your house (this requires sacrifices that women alone can offer).
For men, do everything possible to provide for the family (love, protection, provisions, procreation, partnership, and whatever there is that only men can offer).

Application:
If your man is weaker than you, then be the true help mate.
If the woman is weaker, then the man should live with her with an understanding heart.

If both are strong, let the man know his place and the woman her place.

If both are weak, may God help them.

Se Fini!

hmmm, and u really think men like to admit they r even weak not to talk of them accepting women take the lead in the relationship undecided
Re: What Y'all Think? by Sissy3(f): 1:42am On Jan 18, 2009
tope2000:

Who told u men cant be[b] dropped like a bad habit too [/b] undecided tongue

xactly girl tongue we can also kick them out like measles since sauron says they can us out like polio tongue
Re: What Y'all Think? by Sauron1: 1:44am On Jan 18, 2009
~Sissy~:

xactly girl tongue we can also kick them out like measles since sauron says they can us out like polio tongue

Measles have cure, i cannot say the same about Polio.

tope2000:

Who told u men cant be dropped like a bad habit too undecided tongue

Of course men can be dropped but 70% of heart-break victims are women.
Re: What Y'all Think? by tope2000(f): 1:46am On Jan 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

Of course men can be dropped but 70% of heart-break victims are women.

And where did u get this statistics from?? who is ur source i want to know?? tongue cheesy
nobody is immune to heart-break my dear, so leave figures alone wink
Re: What Y'all Think? by Taken(m): 1:47am On Jan 18, 2009
Well a woman can take the lead when appropriate and released it when the big dawg is ready cus only men are enthroned with the long stick.
Re: What Y'all Think? by Sissy3(f): 1:50am On Jan 18, 2009
tope2000:

And where did u get this statistics from?? who is ur source i want to know?? tongue cheesy

no mind sauron, i had this boy that i left and he was so heart broken that he threaten to kill himself, he couldnt do any shit he stayed in bed all day and cry like a baby angry men always like to play hard but when it hits them it destroys them at once shocked

heart break is universal just like hiv/aids and hits everyone equally tongue
Re: What Y'all Think? by Sissy3(f): 1:52am On Jan 18, 2009
Taken:

Well a woman can take the lead when appropriate and released it when the big dawg is ready cus only men are enthroned with the long stick.

u wished
Re: What Y'all Think? by Sauron1: 1:52am On Jan 18, 2009
~Sissy~:

no mind sauron, i had this boy that i left and he was so heart broken that he threaten to kill himself, he couldnt do any shit he stayed in bed all day and cry like a baby angry men always like to play hard but when it hits them it destroys them at once shocked

I can't believe you. Sisi is a heartbreaker??
U almost drove a man to his death??
Tsssk tsssk.

I agree but it claims more victims from the womenfolk than the men.

tope2000:

Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: What Y'all Think? by tope2000(f): 1:54am On Jan 18, 2009
~Sissy~:

I am actually the kind of person that doesnt dwell too much on heart-break, Yes i am feeling hurt n sad but i tend to get over heartbreak very quickly. maybe its because i have always been the dumper not the dumpee tongue cheesy.

@sauron
u are the one deceiving urself ojare cool
Re: What Y'all Think? by Sauron1: 1:56am On Jan 18, 2009
tope2000:

I am actually the kind of person that doesnt dwell too much on heart-break, Yes i am feeling hurt n sad but i tend to get over heartbreak very quickly. maybe its because i have always been the dumper not the dumpee tongue cheesy.

All of a sudden, every babe on NL is the dumper.
This is hilarious. wink

@sauron
u are the one deceiving urself ojare cool

Hmmmmmmm.
Re: What Y'all Think? by tope2000(f): 1:57am On Jan 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

All of a sudden, every babe on NL is the dumper.
This is hilarious. wink

Are u surprised??
Bet u thot we are all shite n desperate huh?
Re: What Y'all Think? by Sauron1: 1:58am On Jan 18, 2009
tope2000:

Are u surprised??
Bet u thot we are all shite n desperate huh?

Forgive me manners. I underestimated y'all.
Re: What Y'all Think? by tope2000(f): 2:02am On Jan 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

Forgive me manners. I underestimated y'all.

pat on the head - good boy cheesy
Re: What Y'all Think? by Sissy3(f): 2:04am On Jan 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

I can't believe you. Sisi is a heartbreaker??
U almost drove a man to his death??
Tsssk tsssk.

I agree but it claims more victims from the womenfolk than the men.

yes i do break ppl heart especially those who think they r smarter, player, and more wiser angry

yea u think it claims more women cox men are the worst pretenders cheesy they deceive themselves into believing they r strong and can handle it but when the wind blows it carrys them away unlike us women tongue
Re: What Y'all Think? by tope2000(f): 2:06am On Jan 18, 2009
~Sissy~:

yes i do break ppl heart especially those who think they r smarter, player, and more wiser angry

yea u think it claims more women cox men are the worst pretenders cheesy they deceive themselves into believing they r strong and can handle it but when the wind blows it carrys them away unlike us women tongue

OMG. . . . .U know them tooooooooo well
3 gbosa 4 u! tongue
Re: What Y'all Think? by Sauron1: 2:07am On Jan 18, 2009
~Sissy~:

Now i know where the "Kill" came from in Sisikill.

Are u sure of this??
Re: What Y'all Think? by DaPhoenix(f): 2:08am On Jan 18, 2009
More often than not, one person has to sacrifice for it to work and most times that person appears to be the woman.
Re: What Y'all Think? by Sissy3(f): 2:10am On Jan 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

Are u sure of this??

i'm one hundered and ten percent sure all from pure personally experince cool

men are way more complicated than us women shocked
Re: What Y'all Think? by tope2000(f): 2:10am On Jan 18, 2009
DaPhoenix:

More often than not, one person has to sacrifice for it to work and most times that person appears to be the woman.

True but what baffles me is why?? in marriages, yeah i accept its the woman but in relationship must it be just the woman too? undecided
Re: What Y'all Think? by Sissy3(f): 2:12am On Jan 18, 2009
tope2000:

True but what baffles me is why?? in marriages, yeah i accept its the woman but in relationship must it be just the woman too? undecided

cox men think we r nothing without them so it is either we do or we do it no escape angry
Re: What Y'all Think? by DaPhoenix(f): 2:12am On Jan 18, 2009
tope2000:

Tope darl, key word appears. In reality, many women end up making the men do what they (the women) want them to do. Men just don't know it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ladies! Ever Had A Wardrobe Malfunction?? / Mr Nairaland: Nairaland Most Beautiful Guy Has Decided To Step Down. See Reasons / 19years Old Lagos Based,expose His Mum's Friend Asking Him Out On Whatsapp(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.