Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,771 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash (29989 Views)

My Sister Got Duped At An ATM Point, Can I Get My Money Back? / RSS Arrests Man Who Uses Nude Pictures Of Female Victims To Blackmail Them / Kidnappers Feed Their Victims With Soft-Drinks And Biscuits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Bobopupa: 9:05am On Mar 19, 2015
GoodBoi1:
What if the pin is 2222?
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Pyroxene: 9:06am On Mar 19, 2015
The CCTV hardly every work and even if the work a simple face cap well bent or a hat can block the view. And imagine a cctv in adeniyi jone atm machine viewing some robber dat finishes his satanic ordeal and goes to his house in Epe. How d police wan start d investigation and that's if d cctv even worked
IamOpemipo:

Those figure head cctv

2 Likes

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by puzo(m): 9:06am On Mar 19, 2015
What Simply do is leave the 'Gbemu' (plenty cash) in an account i dont have ATM, Internet Banking etc, and just put small change in my ATM account incase of "incasities" like dis. The person should just go to the bank and ask them for the footage of the person that withdrew from her account. Shikena.
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Dolemite(f): 9:06am On Mar 19, 2015
kilokeys:
In developed countries.. when you are forced to withdraw from ur ATM. all u have to do is enter the reverse of ur pin.. it would dispense cash but alert the police the same very moment..

if ur pin is 1234, enter 4321..

shikena..

Naija we hail theee.. cry

That is a myth, please check your sources before declaring them as facts.

https://blog.asb.co.nz/posts/2014/02/mythbusting-if-i-enter-my-pin-backwards-will-the-atm-call-the-police.html

1 Like

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by franugo(m): 9:08am On Mar 19, 2015
Juve4:
IT IS REALLY BAD. ONLY GOD CAN SAVE US FROM THIS KIND OF PROBLEM.

na everything una dey leave 4 God sef? Rubbishundecided

1 Like

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by mu2sa2: 9:08am On Mar 19, 2015
yuncka:

Very true, another good way is to use the cctv installed in the machine. Many people dnt know dat ATM comes wit camera.
The situation is hopeless in Nigeria. Even if the robbers are captured on video police may do nothing to arrest them.
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by franugo(m): 9:11am On Mar 19, 2015
Pyroxene:
The CCTV hardly every work and even if the work a simple face cap well bent or a hat can block the view. And imagine a cctv in adeniyi jone atm machine viewing some robber dat finishes his satanic ordeal and goes to his house in Epe. How d police wan start d investigation and that's if d cctv even worked

dem no go put d bast.a.rd pic 4 tv
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by profstar(m): 9:12am On Mar 19, 2015
coogar:

no such system exists, bro.
it has always been a hoax. what if your original PIN is 1221. how would the reverse PIN work with that? if you are forced to withdraw money from ATM, the bank must refund your money.
Refund?? ? Seriously? Pls tell me more
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Anonymous1900: 9:12am On Mar 19, 2015
kilokeys:
In developed countries.. when you are forced to withdraw from ur ATM. all u have to do is enter the reverse of ur pin.. it would dispense cash but alert the police the same very moment..

shikena..

Sorry guys and dont mean to burst your bubble but i dont think that developed country your referring to exists yet

"The concept of an alternative emergency PIN system, or duress code, for ATM systems has been around since at least July 30, 1986, when Representative Mario Biaggi, a former police officer, proposed it in the U.S. Congressional Record, pp. 18232 et seq. Biaggi then proposed House Resolution 785 in 1987 which would have had the FBI track the problem of express kidnappings and evaluate the idea of an emergency PIN system. HR785 died in committee without debate.

Zingher has not been successful in marketing licenses for his patent.[2] Police in New York, New Jersey, Ohio, Illinois, and Kansas have supported the concept.[3][4][5][6] Police support prompted the Illinois legislature to pass a law making it mandatory on all ATMs in Illinois. The law was changed shortly after it was passed by a "follow-on" bill that changed the meaning to the exact opposite of what they were seeking.[7][8][9][10]

In 2006, an e-mail chain letter hoax circulated that claimed a reverse PIN duress code system is in place universally.[11] American Banker reported on January 2, 2007 that no PIN-reversal duress code is used on any ATM as of that date. In September 2013 the hoax was still circulating in Australia with the text:
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Afritop(m): 9:12am On Mar 19, 2015
kilokeys:

shikena..

AND I BEGIN TO WONDER IF WE HAVE A CBN GOVERNOR

1 Like

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by franugo(m): 9:14am On Mar 19, 2015
dataplus87:
That's bad

I was setup in such instant where all my phones where collected and I was forced to go withdraw with my ATM...I withdraw #20,000 for the hoodlums before i was released

'forced 2 go withdraw' Shuooshockedshocked dem use otomokpo take hold u?
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Pyroxene: 9:16am On Mar 19, 2015
franugo:

dem no go put d bast.a.rd pic 4 tv
That ll be a cool way to start sha. With a promise of a handsome reward too
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by sCross: 9:17am On Mar 19, 2015
GoodBoi1:
What if the pin is 2222?

no atm would accept a pin similar to 2222. You my friend have an inquisitive mind

1 Like

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by gud4dbest(m): 9:18am On Mar 19, 2015
eedrees:
Naija!!!
developing country!
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Nobody: 9:19am On Mar 19, 2015
I would suggest you open a current account. Though the process might be stressful.

Move your bulk money there, normally they don't connect your current account to the ATM card, except you request for it.

If @all, this doesn't work for you, the ATM has a cctv, now some robbers are smart to wear hat/face caps_ this scenario is a bad one.

OR
The cctv of the ATM might not be working, time to sue the bank - copy CBN. Finito
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by igraman(m): 9:19am On Mar 19, 2015
kilokeys:

shikena..

ds can't work in naija..cos even if d police is alerted I'm sure they won't do anytn
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by aLgoridim(m): 9:24am On Mar 19, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:
yorobbers

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 19, 2015
kilokeys:

shikena..

that's a myth, what if your pin us 1221?
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by netmillionaires(m): 9:35am On Mar 19, 2015
GoodBoi1:
What if the pin is 2222?
Person wey talk say u no be nigerian na bast*rd.... The wey Nigerians dey reason ehn u go dey wonder whether no be dem God first create. Someone just put up a nice solution and u don quick see the shortcoming of the system. You too much no be small. na people like us our leaders need to dey help them brain-storm and find solution to every problem.... It remind me of my days in university. As lecturers dey find another wey to stop malpractice, part-time students go see another way to beat the system withing few minutes.

1 Like

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 19, 2015
Mekybliss:
Ndito ino
Ata ndito ino.... undecided
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by JideTheBlogger(m): 9:43am On Mar 19, 2015
only keep money u can afford to lose in ur ATM accounts.
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by dammytosh: 9:44am On Mar 19, 2015
kilokeys:

shikena..

U are in the bus remember ?

They can harm u if u try anytin funny.

I will advise u have two account in your bank. One should be link to ur atm card while d other MUST NOT.

Anytime u need extra cash, u transfer from the non linked to the linked via ur internet banking / any medium
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by dljbd1(m): 9:46am On Mar 19, 2015
For security reasons I don't walk about with my salary account ATM. I have a suspense account where I transfer just about enough to take me for a week and that's the ATM I take about with me. I don't pray anything happens to me but that doesn't mean I shouldn't take necessary precautions to save my hard-earned money from those who have refused to do something better with their lives. Aren't judging them...but if you can be as creative as to plan such act you should be creative enough to find something legit to do rather than make innocent people disheartened. Guys...apply wisdom. Don't lay all your eggs in a basket. VOTE ChAnGe grin

Don't mind my conclusion....I'm really serious about the suspense account issh sha.... wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by stephenponti(m): 9:47am On Mar 19, 2015
GoodBoi1:
What if the pin is 2222?

You can't be a novice to use such kind of password, will you?

1 Like

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by logica(m): 9:51am On Mar 19, 2015
jnrbayano:
The robbers who try this are not aware a camera is right there above their head.

They may achieve their aim quite alright but will never successfully settle down to eat their loot...
...and what is the use of a camera when we don't have a database to match the faces against? Even if they put their faces on the pages of newspapers or TV news, will anybody come forward to identify them?

1 Like

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by logica(m): 9:52am On Mar 19, 2015
GoodBoi1:
What if the pin is 2222?
I doubt that kind of symmetric pin will be accepted.
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 19, 2015
Tell the robber sey ur ATM get Ebola for body grin grin but to serious Nigeria is lacking when it comes to security, u go nearest police station wetin dem go talk na , e be like sey na chinedu dey do like dat and ugo be d guy wey dey use dat kind format grin
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by 36STATES: 9:54am On Mar 19, 2015
kilokeys:

shikena..

Stop your motor park news. Which advanced country do you live in? Really surprised many uninformed people gave you a thump up.
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by dejt4u(m): 9:54am On Mar 19, 2015
kilokeys:

shikena..

you cn lie oo..

What if my pin is 1111, 2222, 1991, 1881 etc that means for each transaction I do, the police or security personnel wil be alerted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Mekybliss(f): 9:55am On Mar 19, 2015
MRLINGTON:

Dose pple in Switzerland ain't they human?? No be Human being be dem president?? No be human beings be dem citizens??

No be world Bank dey there?? If na Naija dem for don move d bank
your point being ?
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 19, 2015
Believe You me i was a victim from ojota to costain on the 15th of January in the early hours like 6:30am was still dark when i was rushing for an appointment. They collected all valuables and took my ATM card and held a bottle of acid over my head as i willing type my pin into their phone, but God Almigth save me as i trick them to be a petty trader and told them lets go to the ATM that i dont have one naira there how they believed embarassed me i can say expect for the grace of God, i had a lot of money above 100k spread across four banks which i had all ATM on my wallet this was mostly clients money for some jobs we were handling currently or about to start. God save mylife and peoples money but my laptop with phones and other valuable worth about 250k left me in seconds and i was viewing it like a movie. But i thank God for life as God has replaced every thing they took. but cant forget me files in my lappy and ex harddisk as i was to travel after the appointment as such was with virtually everything i needed for the trip. undecided
Re: Robbers (inside Commercial Bus) Took Their Victims To ATM Point To Withdraw Cash by SOREB: 9:58am On Mar 19, 2015
GoodBoi1:
What if the pin is 2222?

Nice one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

45-Year-Old Bricklayer Sodomises 11-Year-Old Boy, Gives Him N20 (Photo) / 15-Year-Old Girl Impregnated By Father In Edo Dies Mysteriously / Tanzanian Drug Lord Killed Taxi Driver In South Africa And They Blamed Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.