Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,823 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:24 AM

Okrika Attack: I Won’t Respond To Amaechi, Says Patience Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okrika Attack: I Won’t Respond To Amaechi, Says Patience Jonathan (864 Views)

Flashback: What Commissioner Of Police Joseph Mbu Did To Amaechi Under Jonathan / Nigerians React To Amaechi's Appointment As Transport Minister (Pix) / Nigerians React To Amaechi's Confirmation As Minister Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okrika Attack: I Won’t Respond To Amaechi, Says Patience Jonathan by MRLINGTON(m): 7:58am On Mar 19, 2015
The First Lady, Mrs. Patience Jonathan, has said she will not descend so low as to reply the Rivers State Governor, Chibuike Amaechi, on the allegations levelled against her that she was responsible for the political violence that has rocked the state, especially the attack at the All Progressives Congress (APC) rally at Okrika.

This came as the state Police Commissioner, Mr. Dan Bature, on Wednesday said Governor Amaechi lied in his allegation that the withdrawal of the anti-terrorism unit, C4I, from the APC gubernatorial candidate, Dr. Dakuku Peterside, was an attempt to assassinate him.

Mrs. Jonathan spoke at the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential women rally at the Liberation stadium, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

She described Amaechi as a rascal and said it would be demeaning for her to respond to such allegations.

“They are rascals and I will not respond to them. Don’t let me open my mouth to talk about these rascals,” she said.

According to her, “I have come here to talk about issues; to say what Jonathan has done in Rivers State. If you come to the transport sector, the federal government has completed the East-West Road. Today if you look at the Aba-Port Harcourt road, federal government is working on it.

“If you come to the aviation sector; if you go to the Port Harcourt International Airport, it is being rehabilitated. The railway system stopped working several years ago but today, our railway is nearing completion. Today, railways in Rivers are nearing completion, not 100 years monorail that will never be completed until your grandchildren will be born. We have done the jetty at Okrika, Degema. This was done by the PDP. I am saying this because they claim whatever project that is done by the PDP.

“Onne Road has also been completed. Today, the Onne Port 3 and 4 have also been completed. We have also converted the gas that had been wasting at Onne to electricity. About 150 companies are working at Onne, providing employment to Rivers indigenes.”

She also warned the people of the state not to vote APC presidential candidate, General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd.) on the March 28 election as he would fill all the prisons in the country with people he perceived to be his political enemies, adding that “once a dictator will remain a dictator”.

She insisted that Buhari does not have what it takes to fight corruption or fulfill any of the promises he had been making to the people.

“Whenever he (Buhari) comes to you again, ask him what he did for Rivers State when he was Head of State. Rivers people are not fools. Nobody can fool us,” she said.

The first lady warned the women not to sell their permanent voters’ card  (PVCs), for any sum of money, noting that it was within their power to vote out “this expired drug called APC”.

On the governorship elections, Jonathan said PDP would ensure the victory of its candidate, Chief Nyesom Wike, as the next governor of the state.

She said the people of Rivers state would reclaim thjeir mandate and give it to the PDP.

“We did not vote for these people. We in Rivers state voted Celestine Omehia but these people came and stole our mandate and today they are abusing us. They don’t have respect for elders. They are busy abusing me and my husband. I will not answer them. But a man that can descend to insult his father, his sister, his grandfather; what do you expect from such a man. In Rivers State we respect elders but these rascals have no respect for their elders. We must vote them out in April,” she said.

Meanwhile, Bature, has said Amaechi lied in his allegation that the withdrawal of the anti-terrorism unit, C4I from Peterside, was an attempt to assassinate him.
Bature, in a statement issued yesterday in Port Harcourt, described Amaechi’s allegations against the police as spurious and wispy.

The police commissioner said in the statement, “It is on record that since my assumption of duty as the Commissioner of Police six months ago, I have remained focused and committed to performing my constitutional duties and responsibilities of protecting lives and property amongst others. I have refused to be provoked or drawn in unnecessary responses to the avalanche of unsubstantiated allegations, in most cases wild imaginations that are predicated in falsehood that seem to be the penchant of the state government.”

He explained, “Redeployment of C4i Policemen from Hon. Dakuku Peterside to their traditional duties of fighting violent crimes and their immediate replacement with the elite Special Protection Unit (SPU) has now been attributed to withdrawal of the policemen attached to him.

“Cases of cultists’ related clashes that sometime resulted in deaths have suddenly been attributed to killing of political party supporters. The alleged killing of seven supporters of a political party is not only unfounded as the command has not received such report.

“Arrests made on cases of unlawful possession of firearms, robbery, cultism and murder are now attributed to politics. What a mathematical wonder! Six suspects arrested and charged to court for unlawful possessions of firearms have now become over 400 supporters of a political party in our custody. The allegation of the purported plan to arrest 307 leaders of a political party is nothing but a ruse to whip up public sympathy. The command has no plan to arbitrarily arrest anybody. Anyone who is not planning to cause or foster violence or breach of public peace has no cause to fear or raise false alarm.”

While advising the state government not to turn security issues to “comical entertainment,” Bature said, “It is strongly believed that the vituperations are frustrating signs of the government’s inability to pressure the command to release hardened criminals involved heinous cases of murder, deadly cult activities, unlawful firearms possession, kidnappings and sundry acts of lawlessness that ordinarily would have been charged to court but for the industrial action of the Rivers State Judiciary.”

Source:
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/okrika-attack-i-won-t-respond-to-amaechi-says-patience-jonathan/204492/

1 Like

Re: Okrika Attack: I Won’t Respond To Amaechi, Says Patience Jonathan by Holla911(m): 8:00am On Mar 19, 2015
Re: Okrika Attack: I Won’t Respond To Amaechi, Says Patience Jonathan by SeverusSnape(m): 8:01am On Mar 19, 2015
yes ma'am... Don't descend to the fool's level.

1 Like

Re: Okrika Attack: I Won’t Respond To Amaechi, Says Patience Jonathan by IanDiamonds: 8:02am On Mar 19, 2015
The fear of ICC would shut this woman up..till she returns to Otoueke temporarily, afterwards KiriKiri...
Re: Okrika Attack: I Won’t Respond To Amaechi, Says Patience Jonathan by viczing(m): 8:02am On Mar 19, 2015
He doesn't deserve your attention, we all know he stage and organised the violence so ignore him

2 Likes

Re: Okrika Attack: I Won’t Respond To Amaechi, Says Patience Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:02am On Mar 19, 2015
Save your responce for ICC when you appear in Hague.
Re: Okrika Attack: I Won’t Respond To Amaechi, Says Patience Jonathan by biafranqueen: 8:07am On Mar 19, 2015
IanDiamonds:
The fear of ICC would shut this woman up..till she returns to Otoueke temporarily, afterwards KiriKiri...
Keep dreaming Buhari will be the President of Nairaland only and he can only rule in the religion section that is for his people period end of story.

4 Likes

Re: Okrika Attack: I Won’t Respond To Amaechi, Says Patience Jonathan by IanDiamonds: 8:13am On Mar 19, 2015
biafranqueen:
Keep dreaming Buhari will be the President of Nairaland only and he can only rule in the religion section that is for his people period end of story.

And GEJ the president of Biafra right??... You're not in your right senses... You're in your wrong state of mind.. Cone into the light..
Re: Okrika Attack: I Won’t Respond To Amaechi, Says Patience Jonathan by StealthyMe(m): 8:18am On Mar 19, 2015
Yes you're right! Don't reply him...we've had enough of your comedic relief undecided

1 Like

Re: Okrika Attack: I Won’t Respond To Amaechi, Says Patience Jonathan by januzaj(m): 8:22am On Mar 19, 2015
biafranqueen:
E be like say FFK don lash bra*n out of you....go give am head jhur
Re: Okrika Attack: I Won’t Respond To Amaechi, Says Patience Jonathan by nzeadachie: 8:28am On Mar 19, 2015
DON'T REPLY HIM, JUST LEAVE HIM FOR FAYOSE AND KAYODE THEY HAVE THEIR MEDICINE

3 Likes

Re: Okrika Attack: I Won’t Respond To Amaechi, Says Patience Jonathan by bewla(m): 8:31am On Mar 19, 2015
grin grin mama no talk o na her ghost spoke this one in her engrish i donate my family on behave of two million
Re: Okrika Attack: I Won’t Respond To Amaechi, Says Patience Jonathan by ilovecritics(m): 8:52am On Mar 19, 2015
Re: Okrika Attack: I Won’t Respond To Amaechi, Says Patience Jonathan by signz: 8:59am On Mar 19, 2015
I like this woman. I like the way she mentioned what and what her party did in River state.

She's a good politician
Re: Okrika Attack: I Won’t Respond To Amaechi, Says Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 19, 2015
You should have thought of that when you were urging your foolish supporters to stone APC members to death.

Whether you reply Amaechi or not, it doesn't stop you & your drunk kleptomaniac of a foolish Husband from being booted out of Asorock come May, the 29th.
Re: Okrika Attack: I Won’t Respond To Amaechi, Says Patience Jonathan by mcdc: 9:28am On Mar 19, 2015
you are right Mama peace. he is confused and ready to come beg you after elections for forgiveness.
Re: Okrika Attack: I Won’t Respond To Amaechi, Says Patience Jonathan by buskie13(m): 9:31am On Mar 19, 2015
ahn ahn....first Lady have u forgotten ur name is mama Peace?

ignore that pest Amaechi n let him keep fooling around... tell him he needs piss not Peace...

PGEJ till after 2019
Re: Okrika Attack: I Won’t Respond To Amaechi, Says Patience Jonathan by sammyj: 9:34am On Mar 19, 2015
Re: Okrika Attack: I Won’t Respond To Amaechi, Says Patience Jonathan by Jaraworldsms(m): 9:43am On Mar 19, 2015
It is sad that most Nigerian celebrates evil that occurred in Rivers. Ameachi is not affected but common man like u and I. Why is president wife moving with thugs?
Re: Okrika Attack: I Won’t Respond To Amaechi, Says Patience Jonathan by quixotic: 10:11am On Mar 19, 2015
its interesting to note that said Amaechi does not respect elders. And she said where she is from they respect elders. Match this to her insults on the person of buhari.and why she hasn't given ffk the same advice. Contradiction is the result of talking too much without employing the use of your thinking faculty. March 28 beckons. We will retrieve this country and restore our values as a people,
Re: Okrika Attack: I Won’t Respond To Amaechi, Says Patience Jonathan by Godfullsam(m): 11:33am On Mar 19, 2015
She don't want to respond to them, she dont want to open her mouth. Yet she called them rascals. I wonder what she will call them if she decides to open her mouth.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Vote in Another State With My PVC? / About The Upcoming Presidential Election 2015 / "Singer,may D Assaulted Me For Many Years"-adebola,his Baby Mama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.