Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. (67295 Views)

Ask Me Anything About Ethiopia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by gregyboy(m): 11:31pm On Sep 27, 2019
OMANBALA1:

"people like me"....sound like you are trying to superimpose an already made structure on me. Madam,easy. You barely know me. Meanwhile, you belong to the mix race category....anything not more than 90% black is not black to me...am I not being fair. I could say 100% like the whites and Asians.

However, miss, I know you can always find a weak minded black man who worships mixed race kids and put them on a pedestal...smile because you will never run out of love...and you know what I meant...init ?

You been to cold on her ....she is african too she is not the cause of our mental backwardness we are ....

I really don't fancy mixed kids ...i just feel they neither here or there ....but they are beautiful ...even if we dont regard her as a black woman we still regard her as human and a pretty mixed lady both race can have...
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by Olu317(m): 2:08pm On Sep 28, 2019
Thatssobeyonce:

Pple like u make us believe we don't belong in both races cox we r mixed nd besides both my parents re Africans so stop wv the discrimination nd keep ur opinions to urself....
Pretty one, please don't bother yourself over anyone's comment as it regard your mix ancestry because some people are actually ignorant of the beauty of your type. In fact, Bob Marley is a legend as at decades ago,even after his death. He was aa big influence on many Africans with Jah(Jehovah) songs claiming Rastafarian cheesy. interestingly, Jah isnt an ancient Semitic word for God but English language that called the word God grin .The same Bob Marley's father was a typical pure Irishman Caucasian. Invariably these people claiming black superiority of Faro( Pharaoh) era are bunch of Hippocrates adoring Caucasians from behind the scene. You can Google all Pharaohs of Egypt to see their era and their facial looks. Some aren't as a typical black man with a compressed nose and a fat lips cry.

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by Shayooluwah(m): 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2019
Just bumped into this thread today. It's a bit of a coincidence because I'm learning Spanish.
I know the basics, but I'm in need of a tutor. I tried Language exchange, but most people are not really down on helping. I know Dominicans speak Spanish. So if there's anyone on here that can help. Please reply.
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by compton11(m): 12:10am On Sep 30, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Niggaz amaze me...you stood there and told us how much you love black women but as soon as a chic with mixed blood shows up you punked out...weak azz nigga. I put it to you, you will marry a white girl if you have the opportunity. This chic you are shamelessly drooling over doesn't look anything like an ideal black woman. Amara la negra is a black woman!!

Typical black man put ppussy ahead of everything.....and you just saw a face that is probably padded with make up, she could be ugly. Secondly, you haven't seen her physique.....you embody one of the problem of black men....ppussy whooped!
yo bro,the lady is even black because her parents are Nigerian and Eritrean
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by compton11(m): 12:13am On Sep 30, 2019
OMANBALA1:

I don't have any issue with you,miss. I also dont consider any mixed race person a black...my loyalty lies with pure blacks! And , point of corrections indecent dressing is not a characteristic of a black woman...dont insult my people. EOD.
if you don't consider mixed people as black,in which mean people like snoop Dogg,naomi Campbell and 90% of African American ain't blacks cos all those people are mixed too.
and sometimes I used to consider these people black if they choose to identify themselves as black because it gene and features show in them.
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by KayceeBanks: 8:55am On Oct 04, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Ok. But dont misunderstand me because everyday I see black men putting white and mixed race women on the pedestal over our black women and it eats me up...i hate it to my bone marrow!

One love, blood.
The way the guy turned 180 to show attention to the white light skin lady, lol.
Mixed ladies be always looking for attention and worship from black guys. Maybe something psychological

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by OMANBALA1: 12:05pm On Oct 04, 2019
compton11:
if you don't consider mixed people as black,in which mean people like snoop Dogg,naomi Campbell and 90% of African American ain't blacks cos all those people are mixed too.
and sometimes I used to consider these people black if they choose to identify themselves as black because it gene and features show in them.

I go by percentage of black ancestry and hair texture...thats how you know a black person. Nobody can look at Snoop dog, or Naomi Campbell and not think they are black. However, from distance you can tell Halle Berry, Alicia keys etc. are not black. By they way, black Americans are not true definition of what a black should be...they are not the standard.
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by OMANBALA1: 12:06pm On Oct 04, 2019
Shayooluwah:
Just bumped into this thread today. It's a bit of a coincidence because I'm learning Spanish.
I know the basics, but I'm in need of a tutor. I tried Language exchange, but most people are not really down on helping. I know Dominicans speak Spanish. So if there's anyone on here that can help. Please reply.

Why do you want to learn Spanish ?? To go worship their women ?

1 Like

Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by OMANBALA1: 12:39pm On Oct 04, 2019
gregyboy:

You been to cold on her ....she is african too she is not the cause of our mental backwardness we are ....

I really don't fancy mixed kids ...i just feel they neither here or there ....but they are beautiful ...even if we dont regard her as a black woman we still regard her as human and a pretty mixed lady both race can have...

Not all mixed kids are beautiful....Not all black women are beautiful and definitely not all White women are beautiful but what makes you a diehard black man is your loyalty to the black woman....we must love , respect and honor the qualified black women because our women have been abused emotionally and globally and only us can redeem their image. Because of the way our women have been subjected to mockery it leaves them with low self esteem which leads to want to be like others...example: fake hair worn by most black women.

1 Like

Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by compton11(m): 7:21pm On Oct 04, 2019
OMANBALA1:

I go by percentage of black ancestry and hair texture...thats how you know a black person. Nobody can look at Snoop dog, or Naomi Campbell and not think they are black. However, from distance you can tell Halle Berry, Alicia keys etc. are not black. By they way, black Americans are not true definition of what a black should be...they are not the standard.
but if u see all those 50℅. children, black features usually showed in them much,people like Kelvin boateng,and also most of them see themselves as black cos this is how world see them
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by WhyNa: 7:02pm On Oct 06, 2019
Gurus in the house, please what's it like getting an English teaching job in Dominican Republic?

1 Like

Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by manyrich: 5:35pm On Oct 07, 2019
I love everything I saw here.but one thing i want to is if one can easily get a job there.any body wit an idear please help me out .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by gregyboy(m): 7:01pm On Oct 07, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Not all mixed kids are beautiful....Not all black women are beautiful and definitely not all White women are beautiful but what makes you a diehard black man is your loyalty to the black woman....we must love , respect and honor the qualified black women because our women have been abused emotionally and globally and only us can redeem their image. Because of the way our women have been subjected to mockery it leaves them with low self esteem which leads to want to be like others...example: fake hair worn by most black women.

The fake hair our women cannot be worn by any other race so its uniquely for black women ......so let them wear it looks good on them and unique to them too...
And also wearing thier natural hair also looks good too i personally love ladies on lowcut.... And ladies who can style thier natural hair too ...
A lady who carries her natural hair and has good curves is my goddess of love other guys love it more if they wear weavons....
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by Trustmeall: 8:24pm On Oct 18, 2019
Please, I am tired of staying in Nigeria I want to relocate in order to experience a good life.

I am a man, 50 years old but with a mind of 30s. Married, strong, Educated up to university level (B. Agric, PGD in Management Studies). I can do any legitimate job as long as it can pay my bills.

Kindly help with a clue on Dominica Republic or any other country where I can work without immigration's harassment.

Kindly help. Thanks.

Let me also know how much it will cost.
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by greggng: 1:59pm On Oct 19, 2019
yodanyrd:
Am Dominican and ask me anything about my people. I would love to hear your questions and answer them as best as i can.

Now, before any further question, i will post some pictures and stats about my people.
Cheers.

In the Last 2010 Dominican Census, Dominican marked themselves as follow...

59% Other(Mixes)
29% White
12% Black

According to C.I.A. Fact Book estimates Dominicans are:

73% Mix Tri-racial(Spanish ,Afro ,Native)
16% White( Spanish/Other European)
11% Black

According to recent genealogical tests by DNA-Tribe the average Dominican is estimated to be:
58.1 % Spanish European
35.2% African
6.4% Taino Indio

http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/pp323/cristiano3/DNA-4.jpg

According to another DNA test made on Dominicans from around the island, it scored on average:
60% European
29% African
7% Taino Indian

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?authkey=CL2T54EF&hl=en_US&key=0At1sp4m_NTCLdHB4a2FZYXRxZnh0UzRfbzlTV2lXSWc&type=view&gid=0&f=true&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

According to PLOS Genetics the average Mix Dominican is
57% Spanish European
38% Afro
5% Native American.

http://journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1003925

Which mean most Mixes Dominicans are a mixture of 3 races with a higher percent of Europeans ancestry because of the many European who immigrated and settled in the island and become modern day D'cans.

Where can I find a Dominican woman to marry ....she most be a nurse ...,
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by Trustmeall: 8:59pm On Oct 26, 2019
Please, can someone (a Nigerian) get a job in Dominican Republic after entering with a tourist visa?

1 Like

Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by khia: 2:47am On Oct 27, 2019
Olu317:
Pretty one, please don't bother yourself over anyone's comment as it regard your mix ancestry because some people are actually ignorant of the beauty of your type. In fact, Bob Marley is a legend as at decades ago,even after his death. He was aa big influence on many Africans with Jah(Jehovah) songs claiming Rastafarian cheesy. interestingly, Jah isnt an ancient Semitic word for God but English language that called the word God grin .The same Bob Marley's father was a typical pure Irishman Caucasian. Invariably these people claiming black superiority of Faro( Pharaoh) era are bunch of Hippocrates adoring Caucasians from behind the scene. You can Google all Pharaohs of Egypt to see their era and their facial looks. Some aren't as a typical black man with a compressed nose and a fat lips cry.

Cheers

All black ethnicities aren't what you described because all blacks aren't negroid, hence the Egyptians were black but didn't have those African features.
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by khia: 3:10am On Oct 27, 2019
Thatssobeyonce:
Bn a half caste challenges my dad is yellow nd my mom is brown,nd I'm brown too fair skin is beautiful bt the beauty in black skin last longer as they say blacks don't crack so accept ur skin d way it is

How are you a half caste if both of your parents are African?
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by Olu317(m): 4:07am On Oct 27, 2019
khia:

All black ethnicities aren't what you described because all blacks aren't negroid, hence the Egyptians were black but didn't have those African features.
What I described? I don't get your point. Early Egyptians were Nubians,Ethiopians, Olmec people etc, whose countenance: A hollow face and a wide, flat nose. Greeks called Egyptians and Scythians Niger(Negroid) is an old word which was used in Antioch on Simeion Niger of Antioch. And there is no place in history that Simeon Niger was known to have had a hollow face and a wide, flat nose, which is different from the ancient Egyptian's Sphinx, that affirmed the identity of ancient Egyptian authority. After all archeological finding has shown this to be true description of early Egyptians and not the later one who were of different ethnic groups,where intermarriages changed the facial feature of the Egyptians Nubians and Ethiopians descendants etc.
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by khia: 1:06pm On Oct 27, 2019
Olu317:
What I described? I don't get your point. Early Egyptians were Nubians,Ethiopians, Olmec people etc, whose countenance: A hollow face and a wide, flat nose. Greeks called Egyptians and Scythians Niger(Negroid) is an old word which was used in Antioch on Simeion Niger of Antioch. And there is no place in history that Simeon Niger was known to have had a hollow face and a wide, flat nose, which is different from the ancient Egyptian's Sphinx, that affirmed the identity of ancient Egyptian authority. After all archeological finding has shown this to be true description of early Egyptians and not the later one who were of different ethnic groups,where intermarriages changed the facial feature of the Egyptians Nubians and Ethiopians descendants etc.

Ok, I misunderstood you, I agree with this post.

1 Like

Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by morpheus24: 7:11pm On Oct 29, 2019
khia:

What is the difference between a "negroid" and a "black"

Please look up the meaning of the word Negroid, it means "negro" a latin workd derived from black and "oid" to mean "like". Therefore you make no sense in your descriptiong.

Egyptians were black African of the varying types of African phenotypes that exist within the continent.
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by Thatssobeyonce(f): 5:49am On Sep 27, 2020
OMANBALA1:

Niggaz amaze me...you stood there and told us how much you love black women but as soon as a chic with mixed blood shows up you punked out...weak azz nigga. I put it to you, you will marry a white girl if you have the opportunity. This chic you are shamelessly drooling over doesn't look anything like an ideal black woman. Amara la negra is a black woman!!

Typical black man put ppussy ahead of everything.....and you just saw a face that is probably padded with make up, she could be ugly. Secondly, you haven't seen her physique.....you embody one of the problem of black men....ppussy whooped!

Lol not me seeing this post a year later and laughing like i didn't see it before
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by AreaFada2: 6:06pm On Sep 27, 2020
Nice.
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by IDENNAA(m): 8:42pm On Sep 27, 2020
Thatssobeyonce:

Lol not me seeing this post a year later and laughing like i didn't see it before

Madam, you are just a pretty face with tiny body. You are not thick. I am not body shaming you but you horn Africans always think every west African drool over you and I don't, especially with the irritating attitude.

Cc. Thatssobeyonce.
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by Thatssobeyonce(f): 9:25pm On Sep 27, 2020
IDENNAA:

Madam, you are just a pretty face with tiny body. You are not thick. I am not body shaming you but you horn Africans always think every west African drool over you and I don't, especially with the irritating attitude.

Cc. Thatssobeyonce.
Well i respect your opinion. Enjoy ur day

3 Likes

Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 28, 2020
Thatssobeyonce:

Well i respect your opinion. Enjoy ur day
Salam alaikum. How have u been? U no even remember me sef grin grin. I like your reply to him.
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by Cousin9999: 4:06pm On Sep 29, 2020
Do you have a big, glorious, brown Dominican a**, or nah?
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by Thatssobeyonce(f): 4:59pm On Sep 29, 2020
gomojam:
Salam alaikum. How have u been? U no even remember me sef grin grin. I like your reply to him.

Waalaikumussalam.Lol I'm following you incase you dont know so I've not forgotten you.Don't mind him he tried his best to discriminate but couldn't

1 Like

Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 29, 2020
Thatssobeyonce:

Waalaikumussalam.Lol [b]I'm following you incase you dont know so I've not forgotten you.[/b]Don't mind him he tried his best to discriminate but couldn't
Hmmmm, I am happy to read the bolded. Don't worry I can protect you here biiznillahi. If only you would give me the chance in real life to protect you also. Lol.

Nontheless, you have proven to be emotionally intelligent with your response. Kudos.
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by Erojepromise(f): 10:07am On Oct 01, 2020
l can see verrry cute guys lol
Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by Thatssobeyonce(f): 5:53pm On Oct 01, 2020
gomojam:
Hmmmm, I am happy to read the bolded. Don't worry I can protect you here biiznillahi. If only you would give me the chance in real life to protect you also. Lol.

Nontheless, you have proven to be emotionally intelligent with your response. Kudos.

Thanks i appreciate that and why not (lol)

2 Likes

Re: I Am Dominican From Dominica Republic... ASK Me Anything. by Thatssobeyonce(f): 5:58pm On Oct 01, 2020
Olu317:

Cheers

Hello here

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Oba Ogunwusi Finally Marries Fourth Wife, Set To Marry 5th(pictures) / Juju/black Magic In Nigeria - Blood Money And Spiritual Attacks / "Abobaku" Of Ife Kingdom Is Currently On The Run #lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.