Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,751 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers (33417 Views)

Saraki Replies Sun Newspapers Over Allegations / Another Survey Tips Buhari To Win Presidential Poll By 62% Votes / Polls: Only Dishonest Politicians Need Fear Card Readers- The Sun Newspapers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:19am On Mar 19, 2015
Just ten days to the presidential election of March 28, a sur­vey carried out by a National Think Tank Group, has pre­dicted victory for the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), General Muhammadu Bu­hari.

The two-page analysis of the survey, tagged: “Straw Predic­tion of 2015 Presidential Election”, made available to Daily Sun by Dr. Peter Orji, gave Buhari/APC an estimated votes of 15.4 million and President Goodluck Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), 11 million.

The researchers stated that they ar­rived at the figures after “a careful study of the demographics of Nigeria voting patterns,based on an unbiased analysis of how voters shall cast their votes.”

According to the group, Buhari would lead in the North-East, North- West, North-Central and South-West, while Jonathan would win in the South-South and South-East.

The survey said Buhari would even­tually have an upper hand going by heavy votes he would record in his catchment areas against Jonathan, who the survey said, would garner fewer votes in his areas of strength.

However, unlike 2011, General Buhari, the survey said, “will secure substantial votes in the North-Central and greatly improve his showing in the South-East.”

The survey summed up the distribu­tion of the votes across the zones thus: “North-Central, PDP, 1.73million, APC, 1.86million. North-East, PDP, 1.3million, APC, 2.55million. North- West, PDP 2.15million, APC, 5.65mil­lion. South-East, PDP 1.65million, APC, 650,000. South-South, PDP, 2,.2million APC, 1.7million. South- West, PDP, 2million, APC, 2.9million. FCT, PDP, 150,000, APC, 200,000.

In summary, the survey revealed that, “the APC candidate will carry all the states in North-West and North- East and will win marginally in North- Central,” saying, “the margin of vic­tory for Gen. Buhari is a staggering 4.4million votes and it is impossible for President Jonathan to close such a margin.”

What would boost Buhari’s victory in the North-East and North-West, the poll explained, would largely be due to expected increase in the vot­ers’ turnout, “whilst the turnout in the South-East and South-South is likely to decrease.

The simple explanation, according to the group, “is that the North-East, North-West and South-West zones feel that their sons, Buhari and Osinbanjo, are on the APC ticket and considering the number of votes accruing to the three zones, Jonathan will find it abso­lutely impossible to fill the gap.”

While concluding, the group said that, “because of the postponement that occurred five weeks ago, a repeat this time will not go down well with Nigerians who very likely will accuse the administration of having its hand in disrupting the process, and because of the tight timelines to avoid a pos­sible constitutional crisis a shift in the elections this time may become im­possible to contemplate.”

Source: The SunNewpaper Cover Story!

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=109818

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by hazyfm: 9:22am On Mar 19, 2015
HMMM...

SAI NO TO BLACKOUT, CORRUPTION, INSECURITY AND CLUELESSNESS
SAI BABA

294 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by SeverusSnape(m): 9:22am On Mar 19, 2015
They can keep deceiving themselves, they should come and survey my ass. grin

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:26am On Mar 19, 2015
Interesting....Conducted by an Igbo man....reported by an Igbo Newspaper! Hmmm! There is fire on the mountain!!!

328 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by asEdeyHOT: 9:28am On Mar 19, 2015
The handwriting is on the wall. Buhari is going to be elected as the president of Nigeria.

PEJ is shouting everywhere because she does not have children and has never experienced the pains of childbirth. The end of stealing is not corruption is nearly here

271 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by cozy7(m): 9:28am On Mar 19, 2015
A big AMEN to that prediction.

226 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by phlemzy: 9:30am On Mar 19, 2015
The defeat that will slap PDP in the face come March28 is in the gym doing pressUp!
We're fighting corruption with technology but we don't want card reader technology.Our party is allergic to it - PDP

227 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by Jaraworldsms(m): 9:33am On Mar 19, 2015
Let us wait till then. GEJ or Buhari would sure be the president. Both have different leadership qualities.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by egift(m): 9:34am On Mar 19, 2015
Suddenly PDP no longer believe in the relevance of Technology. PDP now resort to the lifestyle of the Early Man.

Someone should tell Jonathan's Supporters that this is the 21st Century and that all technological and scientific indicators of the New Age shows BUHARI is the next President of Nigeria.

9days to Libration. We say no to corruption, violence or rigging.

175 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by tociano009(m): 9:36am On Mar 19, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:41am On Mar 19, 2015
emiye, PapaBrowne, PassingShot, Omenka, sincerenigerian, you may want to see this!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by rubii09: 9:48am On Mar 19, 2015
Voters that will make up their minds at the polling centre will decide this election.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by YEMOYEMI: 9:57am On Mar 19, 2015
Keenly following. GMB is unstoppable

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by omenka(m): 9:59am On Mar 19, 2015
Whoohooo! In your faces spongebobs!! cheesy

I think Tinubu must have bought the Sun Newspaper as well. cry

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by psucc(m): 10:02am On Mar 19, 2015
That is a mere forecast and no probability is used to give an allowance for variation. The margin of 15m to 11m is not too wide so any variation in the voting pattern can still give the thieves sorry PDP the victory.

The reality may prove otherwise.

5 Likes

Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by PassingShot(m): 10:02am On Mar 19, 2015
This is what GEJ/PDP know of and it explains why they have been running around like headless chicken.

It is their knowledge of this kind of study, which they must have done a similar one, that has made them to engage in many unthinkable stunts. This kind of findings is what caused them to:

1. Postpone the election
2. Kicked against card reader and PVC
3. Flying ING card
4. Sponsoring unsubstantiated documentaries
5. Personal attacks on GMB even by those who cannot match a quarter of the General's integrity
7. Prefer a military take over as revealed by Okupe's aide and Okupe himself when he said "Buhari will never be president"

Without massive rigging of the kind never seen before, GEJ cannot survive this election.

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by emiye(m): 10:08am On Mar 19, 2015
Really ? , South-South, PDP, 2,.2million APC, 1.7million . , but this looks too good to be true sha, or maybe i am just not in tune with the current voters perception in that region.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by stebell(m): 10:08am On Mar 19, 2015
If yu OP and the man who conducted dis poll believes that APC wud win Abuja, then, yu are very crazy and a nut case.

March 28th, is not far again.
I also kno that Buhari has been winning opinion polls since 1999 but the one that matters most in his life to lead Nigerians is like a mirage to him.

We've rejecte him three times, let's make it the fourth tym Nigerians.

#Never Again.
GEJ tilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 2019.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by PassingShot(m): 10:09am On Mar 19, 2015
psucc:
That is a mere forecast and no probability is used to give an allowance for variation. The margin of 15m to 11m is not too wide so any variation in the voting pattern can still give the thieves sorry PDP the victory.

The reality may prove otherwise.

Brother, 4 million votes no be beans ooo. It is insurmountable except a major catastrophe befalls APC before election.

15 Likes

Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by tenry(m): 10:13am On Mar 19, 2015
Even my young daughter knows Buhari will win this election. I was surprised to read OKonjo Iweala's prediction of a difficult year. This iis the same woman who assured us all will be well in Dec 2014 as they have been putting measures on ground to make things work. I guess she must hav seen the level of lavish spending of GEJ in d last one month, and the effect it ll have on our economy. This is what happened when people live in pretence or disguise portraying all 'is well' attitude. Dugbe Dugbe to n mi loke yi, really afraid cos there is fire on the mountain. But as a child of God, the period will not be difficult for me, rather I ll blossom and become richer. Yes, the word of the lord will not fail.

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by Nellybii: 10:17am On Mar 19, 2015
stebell:
If yu OP and the man who conducted dis poll believes that APC wud win Abuja, then, yu are very crazy and a nut case.

March 28th, is not far again.
I also kno that Buhari has been winning opinion polls since 1999 but the one that matters most in his life to lead Nigerians is like a mirage to him.

We've rejecte him three times, let's make it the fourth tym Nigerians.

#Never Again.
GEJ tilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 2019.

Yeah indeed continue to deceive yourself giving false hopes As if all the voters that got.GEJ into power in 2011 have laptops and 3G mobile phones. NW + SW will always determine the presidency in Nigeria..A total of 30 million registered voters in these regions out of the total 68million is not a joke
Do the maths.PDP winning will never be a stroll in the park. Peace

55 Likes

Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by Nobody: 10:19am On Mar 19, 2015
Tandroids will come here now to say Buhari is our online president.

This people no share wan hear the truth.

#SaiBaba

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by OLADD: 10:22am On Mar 19, 2015
Hope APC will not bring up these phantom polls as the reason to form parallel govt when they loose scandalously next week. All, I repeat, all online polls overwhelmingly favoured Fayemi to win the last guber election in Ekiti and we all know the result; it ended 16-0. Buhari's defeat will be massive.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by stevikenna: 10:32am On Mar 19, 2015
THE NIGERIAN PEOPLE YEARN FOR CHANGE
CHANGE IS IMMINENT
VOTE FOR AN END TO CORRUPTION AND INSECURITY
#IHAVEDECIDED
SAI BUHARI

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by Bonapart(m): 10:32am On Mar 19, 2015
Let me say this. If you check all my comment my support was always on jonathan but yesterday night i had a dream. I saw myself and some of my fellow prayer warriors in our church my Apostle also present. My pastor began some prayers and prophecy and start asking God for ''change'' in Nigeria. He said our government won't continue like this that we need change. I was shock and suprise. .. so my people don't be surprise if Buhari win this election.
Buhari might be right about being a converted democrat but I don't like tinubu.... may God help us
From today and for the first time. .....

#sai Buhari

121 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by bunmioguns(m): 10:33am On Mar 19, 2015
No amount of propaganda by PDP can change my mind

I have decided

GMB/PYO

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by Richie0974: 10:33am On Mar 19, 2015
H
Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by miteolu(m): 10:34am On Mar 19, 2015
We shall all see. But it seems their will be bye-election.

1 Like

Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by Calebosko(m): 10:34am On Mar 19, 2015
which one be that? Land surveyor?
Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by lifestyle1(m): 10:34am On Mar 19, 2015
Re: Survey Tips Buhari To Win March 28 Election- The Sun Newspapers by Dannyset(m): 10:34am On Mar 19, 2015
As certain as Day and Night.
Meanwhile, let me use this medium to warn all these online polls conductors or referees. They are the reason PEJ is about to face International Criminal Court now, and are also the same reason why GEJ is running from pillar to post to scuttle this election. The rate at which he is looking for who to head his evil and demonic Interim Govt ehn, he might end up even begging Baba Adeboye to come and head the Interim govt oo! But Thank God, Baba is not like others.

25 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos: GEJ Returns From The US / Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye, Others Visits Tinubu In Abuja - Photos / Ex-militants Mount Road Blocks In Warri Over Amnesty Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.