Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

How Do I Know When My Female Alsatian Is On Heat? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Do I Know When My Female Alsatian Is On Heat? (2259 Views)

My Male Dog Refuses To Mount Females In Heat (Photos) / How I Lost My Female German Shepherd Dog During Pregnancy. / How Do I Know My Dog Is On Heat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Know When My Female Alsatian Is On Heat? by Kingsyze: 10:30am On Mar 19, 2015
Please kindly advise me on this subject matter, my dog (Spencer) is 15 weeks old and I need to mate her with a Caucasian. How do I know when she is on heat?
Re: How Do I Know When My Female Alsatian Is On Heat? by Machiny: 12:07pm On Mar 19, 2015
Kingsyze:
Please kindly advise me on this subject matter, my dog (Spencer) is 15 weeks old and I need to mate her with a Caucasian. How do I know when she is on heat?
before a dog goes on heat.the dog wld be 8months and above.during heat you will see drip of blood on the floor.that's why its advisable you keep you bitch where you cld see the stains.if your bitch is 8months old and havn't seen heat yet..always take her on a long walk.
Re: How Do I Know When My Female Alsatian Is On Heat? by mayorall(m): 12:49pm On Mar 19, 2015
Kingsyze:

Depend on your dog. many dogs start 7 months. The dog will start bleeding but some are so smart that they lick the blood immediately it drops. Not really advisable to mate at first heat.

Also check the vulv.a, you will see it swollen and warming up for konji penetrationgrin
Re: How Do I Know When My Female Alsatian Is On Heat? by smileysmiles(f): 2:52pm On Mar 19, 2015
Kingsyze:

You want to mate a 3months,3weeks old dog?? I'm not a breeder but isnt she still a lil too young..?
Why not give her a little time to leave puppy stage first?

Lemme call the experts

Arcbay
Prodeegee..

A lil help here please...
Re: How Do I Know When My Female Alsatian Is On Heat? by Prodeegee(m): 3:04pm On Mar 19, 2015
smileysmiles:

You want to mate a 3months,3weeks old dog?? I'm not a breeder but isnt she still a lil too young..?

Lemme call the experts

Arcbay
Prodeegee..

Madam call animal rights activist not us cheesy
Re: How Do I Know When My Female Alsatian Is On Heat? by smileysmiles(f): 3:10pm On Mar 19, 2015
Prodeegee:

Madam call animal rights activist not us cheesy

Oga no vex. D matter shock me ni.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Know When My Female Alsatian Is On Heat? by Prodeegee(m): 3:14pm On Mar 19, 2015
smileysmiles:

Oga no vex. D matter shock me ni.
Beware of dog's.
Re: How Do I Know When My Female Alsatian Is On Heat? by mayorall(m): 4:02pm On Mar 19, 2015
smileysmiles:

Lemme call the experts

Arcbay
Prodeegee..

Not that miss. He is just trying to learn, know what he needs to know before hands.
Re: How Do I Know When My Female Alsatian Is On Heat? by smileysmiles(f): 4:04pm On Mar 19, 2015
mayorall:

Not that miss. He is just trying to learn, know what he needs to know before hands.

I sincerely hope you are right...
Re: How Do I Know When My Female Alsatian Is On Heat? by arcbay(m): 1:48pm On Mar 20, 2015
smileysmiles:

Lemme call the experts

Arcbay
Prodeegee..

The last time I checked, you successfully raised several pups into adulthood, that makes you an expert...
@Op, if this claim is true, i'll need to tell 911 on you o!!! lol
Re: How Do I Know When My Female Alsatian Is On Heat? by Prodeegee(m): 2:31pm On Mar 20, 2015
arcbay:

The last time I checked, you successfully raised several pups into adulthood, that makes you an expert...
@Op, if this claim is true, i'll need to tell 911 on you o!!! lol

Now that's true. Hmmmmm smileysmiles
Re: How Do I Know When My Female Alsatian Is On Heat? by Kingsyze: 2:59pm On Mar 20, 2015
sorry guys... I mean 15 months old not weeks! shocked
I also do not have enough time to take her on a long walk but I release her to roam the compound every night.
Re: How Do I Know When My Female Alsatian Is On Heat? by smileysmiles(f): 3:28pm On Mar 20, 2015
Prodeegee:

Now that's true. Hmmmmm smileysmiles

Loool! I'm just a "dog lover" sometimes my 'emotions" make me see things differently from you guys( lovers+breeders+ businessmen).
Re: How Do I Know When My Female Alsatian Is On Heat? by smileysmiles(f): 3:29pm On Mar 20, 2015
Kingsyze:
I also do not have enough time to take her on a long walk but I release her to roam the compound every night.

U scared me!
Re: How Do I Know When My Female Alsatian Is On Heat? by Machiny: 4:25pm On Mar 20, 2015
Kingsyze:
means you would wait when ever the heat comes on.but at 15months I blve your dog must have gotten 1st heat and you didn't notice.because it needs attention to know when she is on heat
Re: How Do I Know When My Female Alsatian Is On Heat? by Kingsyze: 4:32pm On Mar 20, 2015
I av been checking her everyday I come back from work since the 12th month, also I informed my security man who takes care of her to check out for the signs... she just eats my food and makes trouble yet no signs!!! cry
Re: How Do I Know When My Female Alsatian Is On Heat? by Kingsyze: 3:14pm On Apr 08, 2015
Finally the dog is on heat! My gateman informed me this morning. I need a big Caucasian to cross her here in PH. Pls contact me if you have!
Re: How Do I Know When My Female Alsatian Is On Heat? by wahabdisu: 12:47pm On Nov 08, 2015
Re: How Do I Know When My Female Alsatian Is On Heat? by barcaboi(m): 4:37pm On Nov 09, 2015
Kingsyze:
why mate a GSD wt a caucasian. ..u cld be left wt ugly dogs......pls look for a good gsd pedigree or a good slant......1st heat shd be btw 6-8months.....target 2nd heat....funny thing is my gsd is 11months and still without heat...some dogs are like that. ...
google too 2 help

(1) (Reply)

Imported Parent Neapolitan Mastiff / Suggest A Fancy Male Name For This Caucasian Puppy / Female German Shepherd For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.