Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Traveling To UK- Police Clearance Report And Medical Certificate - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling To UK- Police Clearance Report And Medical Certificate (1819 Views)

Help! He Wants To Decline A Lecturing Job Offer And Travel To UK / My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road. / Virgin Atlantic Flight To Uk To Make Stop Over In Ghana Due to Fuel Shortage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traveling To UK- Police Clearance Report And Medical Certificate by Nick28: 11:18am On Mar 19, 2015
Hi everybody, I'm a British guy, who has lived for five years in Nigeria taking also the nationality. I would like to return now to Britain, but when I arrived at the airport, I was asked to show a police clearance report and a medical certificate. Since I didn't have them, I asked how much it would cost to obtain these documents. I was told that the police clearance report costs 95000N and the medical certificate 130000N.
I would like to know if it's true that they cost so much and if they are compulsory to travel to UK.
Re: Traveling To UK- Police Clearance Report And Medical Certificate by rhames(m): 4:45pm On Mar 19, 2015
who gave you this information sir?
Re: Traveling To UK- Police Clearance Report And Medical Certificate by Nick28: 7:46pm On Mar 19, 2015
I was told so at the immigration office. Is it true, what they told me?
Re: Traveling To UK- Police Clearance Report And Medical Certificate by fourfunmi: 11:41pm On Mar 19, 2015
Sir, I doubt the authenticity... I think some scrupulous people want to take advantage of you... Did you overstay your visa? I doubt that because I see you mentioned nationality. By the way a police clearance doesn't cost more than N3000 and a medical clearance depends on the hospital is max N35000. And I am sure you don't need that to return to your country.
Re: Traveling To UK- Police Clearance Report And Medical Certificate by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 04, 2016
Greedy, corrupt Custom Officers

(1) (Reply)

Has Anyone Here Been To Uganda? Need Assistance, I Am Going For A Conference / Pics: Air Hostess Feeds A Paralyzed Elderly Man On A Flight / An Igbo Man Who Left Nigeria 50+ Years Ago And Has Never Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.