Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,705 members, 7,802,097 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

17 Lesser-known HMO Excluded Services - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 17 Lesser-known HMO Excluded Services (409 Views)

15 Lesser Known Amazing Human Body Facts. / 10 Little Known Facts About Menstruating That Might Surprise Some Girls / Beyond Merely Macho: 5 Lesser-known Benefits Of Beards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

17 Lesser-known HMO Excluded Services by Hubtain(m): 1:37pm On Mar 19, 2015
Few days ago I witnessed a scene where an HMO patient was making a fuss because she was told that a particular medical service was not covered by her HMO. I was deeply touched by her countenance and the tone of her voice [she sounded like all hope was lost]. That's what propelled me to write this blog post, and I also want to give you a glimpse of your HMO's limitation...

HMO Excluded Services:Random List Of Services Not Covered By HMO It is necessary that I mention this: most HMO sell out hype (a fad) to companies and prospects; the thing is, they show you a broad picture of their covered services-leaving out some excluded services...

Some employers also tell their staffs that their HMO covers almost every medical service – my friend, that’s not quite correct...Your company is only trying to make a point [that the HMO policy they bought for you is not cheap and that they know what's good for you].

Truth be told, no matter how expensive your HMO plan is, it doesn't cover you for all medical services known to man, there are exclusions. And the essence of this blog post is to show you the basic HMO excluded services.

Knowing your bounds and limits as an HMO policy holder is as important as knowing your covered services (or HMO's scope of coverage).

This piece of information will be of immense help to you, trust me!

Random List Of HMO Excluded Services

Here are the excluded services of most HMOs:

• Services that are not medically necessary [any treatment that is simply for convenience which is not necessary for your medical condition].

• Services performed or prescribed under the direction of a person who is not a certified and registered healthcare practitioner (provider).

• Treatment for any condition that is directly related to Human Immune Deficiency Virus (HIV), Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS Related Complex (ARC).

• Plastic (or Cosmetic) surgery to improve appearance, but not to correct deformity resulting from disease, trauma, etc.

Here's the rest:

http://www.sproutby.com/2015/03/17-lesser-known-hmo-excluded-services.html

(1) (Reply)

How To Convert Pdf To JPG / Your Body Your Wealth / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.