Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? (24921 Views)

What Is Your Delivery Option? C-sections Or Vaginal Delivery? See The Pros And C / Ebonyi Tops In VVF/ Vaginal Fistula Disease Cases Nationwide - USAID / My Fiancee Has Fibroid, How Can We Handle This? Please Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by Depathologist: 5:22pm On Mar 25, 2015
The fibroid is not the problem here but the location of the fibriod. My wife gave birth through vaginal delivery even though she has a fibroid which is still there till now. I will advise she goes for another Ultra sound scan for the last time b4 her due date. In order to determine the actual location of the fibroid cos as the pregnacy advances and foetus continue to grow, there's often a constant change in the position of the fibroid. Wish her an uncommon Miracle from above
Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by Zikkie(f): 5:41pm On Mar 25, 2015
I want to appreciate everyone who has called to encourage me and give us assurance. I'm amazed at the show of love. May God bless you all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by Zikkie(f): 5:41pm On Mar 25, 2015
Depathologist:
The fibroid is not the problem here but the location of the fibriod. My wife gave birth through vaginal delivery even though she has a fibroid which is still there till now. I will advise she goes for another Ultra sound scan for the last time b4 her due date. In order to determine the actual location of the fibroid cos as the pregnacy advances and foetus continue to grow, there's often a constant change in the position of the fibroid. Wish her an uncommon Miracle from above

Amen!
Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by blackedwin: 5:49pm On Mar 25, 2015
what's the cost for the C section?

1 Like

Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by Macmilla(m): 6:40pm On Mar 25, 2015
Zikkie:

She had fibroid with her first but that particular pregnancy was very eventful. Swollen legs, general weakness, and her water broke before EDD but no contractions. It was an emergency CS. The baby came out with jaundice and was put inside a cot with blue light (rays)

The previous CS was four years ago
I advice that the pregnancy be monitored by a gynaecologists/obstetrician, who will be on the lookout for those signs. If they appear, then an elective CS should be done ASAP.
The fibroid should be investigated, size, stage and position. If it's anywhere close to the lower segment of the uterus, it's an elective CS till otherwise stated. If it's large, it can cause restricted growth of the baby and even fetal death.
Put all the above factors together and you will see that the chances of this pregnancy ending in a CS is quite high.
All in all, I pray she has an uneventful delivery.

Myomectomy is the surgical removal of uterine fibroid.

1 Like

Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by ManTiger(m): 7:09pm On Mar 25, 2015
Zikkie:

She is 33years
My sister, she's not having a threatening issue but i will advice she goes for CS.
Though you rightly said money is an issue at a moment and i'm sure
a quite number of good people over here on NL can do something to
save the situation.

There is no shying cos at a point in time, we all will need assistance.

1 Like

Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by Stancima(m): 7:37pm On Mar 25, 2015
We don't pray for complications however if it gets to that, you guys will still raise the necessary funds to handle it. Therefore, I strongly advise that you don't take chances at all, to avoid raising funds for C-section only to get out a dead baby and risking the loss of mother. She's a high risk patient having had a C-section and a co-existing fibroid. However the significance of the fibroid depends on its size and location. I usually advice patients in your sisters position to ensure they are under the management of an obstetrician even if they opt for VBAC (vaginal birth after caesarean). I beg you in the name of God while acknowledging the difficulties around as you stated, to please and please do not take her to a maternity without an experienced doctor resident. Is LUTH also on strike? If yes consider taking her to UCH if you have a possible temporary accommodation. I bet she will get a decent care at a very affordable cost. Please advise her to stay away from pregnancy subsequently until she sorts out her marriage and finances because she can be easily mismanaged going by her history.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by tyum: 9:43pm On Mar 25, 2015
She can visit Goodness & Mercy hospital at ofatedo area. Dr Adekanle is a chief consultant O&G, Lautech. He charges moderately and God fearing. I wish ur sister a safe delivery.

2 Likes

Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 25, 2015
SpencerLewis:

It depends on the location of the fibroid and the size too. What was the reason of the 1st c/s? was it due to the fibroid or other reasons such as CPD, fetal distress, maternal distress, medical conditions such as pre-ecclampsia, GDM, cardiac prom etc?
2ndly what is the interval b/w the previous c/s and now?
3rdly shd follow her doctor's advise to avoid regret all b/c of money that will come out when the inevitable happens.
4thly, is better to borrow money or enter agreement with the doctor if in a private hospital on the mode of payment (I do so with my patients here in P/H, even though few disappoints) than regret later.
5thly, enjoy ur day(according to my radio pal Muyiwa Afolabi frankly speaking)
Doctor please have the same issue with my wife,we have nt been able to get pregnant since marriage 2yrs now though she has missed her period for 2months dis year and d fibroid is about the size of a 6months Pregnancy. Please how can I get ur clinic/number.

1 Like

Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by MissAma(f): 10:55pm On Mar 25, 2015
Am sure you have goten more than enough advice on this issue,just want to encourage you to attend Prophet TB's Joshua church and get the annoiting water.Pray fervently from now on till she puts to bed whether CS or V.Godbless.
Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by Nicole7R: 4:40am On Mar 26, 2015
I was diagnosed with fibroid and my two tube was blocked also, it is almost a year now since i order an herbal product from (Oduduwa Ajakaye) on facebook, Today i have giving birth to a baby boy

1 Like

Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by Macmilla(m): 6:04am On Mar 26, 2015
obakovich:

Doctor please have the same issue with my wife,we have nt been able to get pregnant since marriage 2yrs now though she has missed her period for 2months dis year and d fibroid is about the size of a 6months Pregnancy. Please how can I get ur clinic/number. 08173199937
She has a fibroid the size of a 6months pregnancy and you have not bothered removing it? Yet you are looking for a child? It never occurred to you the a fibroid of that size could be the reason for her difficulty to conceive? undecided
Please try to confirm she's actually pregnant, if she is, your best option should be to monitor the pregnancy closely and pray it progresses without complications. But with that size of fibroid, it will be a miracle if the baby makes it without some form of growth restrictions or even worse.
Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by Macmilla(m): 6:14am On Mar 26, 2015
Nicole7R:
I was diagnosed with fibroid and my two tube was blocked also, it is almost a year now since i order an herbal product from (Oduduwa Ajakaye) on facebook, Today i have giving birth to a baby boy
"Almost a year now", let's take that to be 10 months. Pregnancy takes 9months and you already have a baby boy. Even if your baby was born today, it means you took ur herbal products for only one month and it opened your blocked tubes, huh? Kai! Please can you tell us a believable lie?
Please go n find out what really happened. Who made the diagnosis of fibroid? Who told you your tubes are blocked? How did he reach that conclusion? How did you confirm your pregnancy? Did you do a scan? How much did you spend in the process of getting this baby? Is the fibroid still there currently?
So many unanswered questions

2 Likes

Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 26, 2015
Macmilla:

She has a fibroid the size of a 6months pregnancy and you have not bothered removing it? Yet you are looking for a child? It never occurred to you the a fibroid of that size could be the reason for her difficulty to conceive? undecided
Please try to confirm she's actually pregnant, if she is, your best option should be to monitor the pregnancy closely and pray it progresses without complications. But with that size of fibroid, it will be a miracle if the baby makes it without some form of growth restrictions or even worse.
Mac,please can we talk in Private? Wanted to but she has a serious Phobia for knives.
Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by Zikkie(f): 1:36pm On Mar 26, 2015
tyum:
She can visit Goodness & Mercy hospital at ofatedo area. Dr Adekanle is a chief consultant O&G, Lautech. He charges moderately and God fearing. I wish ur sister a safe delivery.

Amen. Thank you. Guess u were the one who sent a text? She is no longer in osogbo as there would be no one to run around there for her. She is in UCH at the moment to see the Gynae emergency doctor. I guess we would know what next from there
Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by Zikkie(f): 1:42pm On Mar 26, 2015
Stancima:
We don't pray for complications however if it gets to that, you guys will still raise the necessary funds to handle it. Therefore, I strongly advise that you don't take chances at all, to avoid raising funds for C-section only to get out a dead baby and risking the loss of mother. She's a high risk patient having had a C-section and a co-existing fibroid. However the significance of the fibroid depends on its size and location. I usually advice patients in your sisters position to ensure they are under the management of an obstetrician even if they opt for VBAC (vaginal birth after caesarean). I beg you in the name of God while acknowledging the difficulties around as you stated, to please and please do not take her to a maternity without an experienced doctor resident. Is LUTH also on strike? If yes consider taking her to UCH if you have a possible temporary accommodation. I bet she will get a decent care at a very affordable cost. Please advise her to stay away from pregnancy subsequently until she sorts out her marriage and finances because she can be easily mismanaged going by her history.

Thanks for your advice. She had an implant for family planning on her left arm for close to four years till her body started reacting to it. We first thought it was a boil, it kept spreading. They had to do a biopsy (doctors thought it was cancer) but they later said her hormones were reacting to the implant and advised her to remove it and free her body from any contraceptives. Hopefully, once this is over, she would seek a better option
Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by Zikkie(f): 1:50pm On Mar 26, 2015
blackedwin:
what's the cost for the C section?

We haven't confirmed yet.
Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by abeyabiodun: 10:20pm On Mar 26, 2015
Hi, I found this very helpful. It's an article summarizing all you need to know about caesarean sections especially in Nigerian hospitals. http://www.medicalpings.com/all-you-need-to-know-about-a-caesarean-section-delivery/
wish your sister a very safe delivery...all is well!

1 Like

Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by Zikkie(f): 7:47am On Apr 13, 2015
UPDATE: I want to thank everyone that gave pieces of advice on this thread. My sister went through the caesarian and it was successful. She has a baby boy. Mother and son are doing well though still in the hospital. Thank you Osyxcel and Egbedore for moral support.I appreciate the constant check up via whatsapp and calls. God bless you.

Dinvictus! God Almighty will replenish your purse.

And for the two wonderful women who have chosen to be anonymous, I lack words to qualify your concern. God Almighty would meet you at the point of your needs. U shall be like a tree planted by the riverside, yielding your fruit in due time and season! I bless you from the depth of my heart. God would replenish your purses Amen!

Dr Banjoko from osogbo, thanks for offering to be of help though we didn't eventually settle for the osogbo option. God bless you.

Queendo, u were the first to comment on my thread and showed concern. Thank you my darling #hugs.

13 Likes

Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by Odunharry(m): 7:53am On Apr 13, 2015
cheesy cheesy mama na boy o

1 Like

Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by lovinam: 8:54am On Apr 13, 2015
Thank God!!
Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by Vanije: 8:56am On Apr 13, 2015
I'm happy for your sis Zikkie, we just thank God. I hope my rice still remain sha wink

Meanwhile, women, please constantly check your health. If you discover fibroid, it's advised you don't take in to avoid complications. Eliminate it first.

The baby may be affected by the fibroid depending on the size & location it. It could compress the foetus in some cases. We don't pray for this but please take precautions.

This is an article that has helped a lot of women:
http://trendyhealthworld.com/fibroid

Shout outs to Zikkie sis & baby once again,
Wish you all the best.
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 17, 2015
Zikkie I didn't see this on time. But it's good to find out ur sister and baby boy are well and alive. It's well sis. Stay strong.
Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by Zikkie(f): 2:19am On Apr 18, 2015
candygosh:
Zikkie I didn't see this on time. But it's good to find out ur sister and baby boy are well and alive. It's well sis. Stay strong.

Awwwww..... Thanks so much my darling! Thanks for your concern. Stat strong too deariie kiss

2 Likes

Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by Queendo(f): 3:25pm On Apr 19, 2015
Tank God my sis God wil bless d mother and baby and ur entire family for standing by her. Am over joyed to hear dis goodnews.

Queendo, u were the first to comment on my thread and showed concern. Thank you my darling #hugs.[/quote]
Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by Jorussia(m): 7:04am On Apr 21, 2015
Thank God for your sister.

1 Like

Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by Zikkie(f): 8:18pm On Nov 11, 2022
Just came back on nairaland...Going thru this post brings memories.... My sis in question is late now. I pray her soul keeps resting. @Osyxcel how r u doing
Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by ThefamilyHerbal: 9:13pm On Nov 11, 2022
May Her soul Rest in peace
Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by Osyxcel(m): 10:41pm On Nov 12, 2022
@Zikkie.

So sorry for your loss. May her soul rest in peace.

How are you and the kids?

Good to hear from you.
Re: She Has Fibroid, Can She Attempt A Vaginal Delivery? by Zikkie(f): 6:21pm On Jan 29, 2023
Osyxcel:
@Zikkie.

So sorry for your loss. May her soul rest in peace.

How are you and the kids?

Good to hear from you.

Thanks @Osyxcel . We are doing good...thanks so much. How are you too?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Advantages Of Swallowing Cum / I Am 22 And I Don't Have Beard. What Could Be The Problem? / Critical Analysis Of 'ponmo' By University Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.