Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,967 members, 7,803,210 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

Christians Please Make Me Understand Better. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Please Make Me Understand Better. (4578 Views)

Christians , Please What's Your Take On This / Help Me Understand And Explain This Dream Please / Christians,please Meet Brian Deacon The Man Who Is Regards As Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians Please Make Me Understand Better. by johnydon22(m): 9:56pm On Mar 21, 2015
5minsmadness:

see hin head like coconut! grin
why did you leave catholic church?

abeg when you set up the thread send me the link smiley
Hit the science section sharpaly https://www.nairaland.com/2209258/auroras#31868175 smiley
Re: Christians Please Make Me Understand Better. by Aizenosa(m): 9:17am On Mar 22, 2015
If Moses wrote the story of creation and the likes and all and all when he wasn't there so how did he know about the story of creation, moreover, the story of creation is to hint man on how things came to be. it isn't the exact story, God painted him a picture
Re: Christians Please Make Me Understand Better. by sinkhole: 9:35am On Mar 22, 2015
@OP, when pastors discver that they are clueless about a certain issue then they resort to " are you questioning God?", this is to intimidate you to keep quiet and ask no more!
Again, note that there are some animals that do not have separate male or female existence, both sexes are in a single body. The question is "did God created those too and why was it not recorded in the Bible?"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians Please Make Me Understand Better. by Hiswordxray(m): 4:40pm On Mar 22, 2015
5minsmadness:
Genesis 1:26-28King James Version (KJV)

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

1. God makes men and women(plural) not one man and one woman.

"My punishment is greater than I can bear, Behold, Thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass that everyone that findeth me shall slay me." (Genesis 4:13‑14)
this is cain after God punished him.
Who was cain afraid of? Why did God answer him by putting a mark on him?

Cain had sexual relations with his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch. Then Cain founded a city, which he named Enoch, after his son. ◄ Genesis 4:17

where did cain get his wife?
cain founded a city. you cannot found a city for two people. There were people that came into the city of Enoch, which cain had named after his son.

@hiswordxray
Are you saying this verse is wrong?
""45 And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit." (1Cor 15:45).
Re: Christians Please Make Me Understand Better. by 5minsmadness: 6:56pm On Mar 22, 2015
Hiswordxray:

Are you saying this verse is wrong?
""45 And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit." (1Cor 15:45).

NO I am not. I am saying the bible is a compact but complex key of knowledge put together for the main purpose of salvation for the common man. That verse you quoted has a deeper meaning than what you are reading there.

But Don't worry yourself. It's not important. As long as the salvation. Message is passed across. Most of the other knowledge can be very distracting.
Re: Christians Please Make Me Understand Better. by Hiswordxray(m): 6:08pm On Mar 23, 2015
5minsmadness:

NO I am not. I am saying the bible is a compact but complex key of knowledge put together for the main purpose of salvation for the common man. That verse you quoted has a deeper meaning than what you are reading there.

But Don't worry yourself. It's not important. As long as the salvation. Message is passed across. Most of the other knowledge can be very distracting.
You are right, it doesn't really matter.
When the time comes we would know the full story.
Brothers should argue about unimportant things.
Re: Christians Please Make Me Understand Better. by alolatee(m): 8:50pm On Mar 23, 2015
HumanPsycho:
Your question, as to wheather he created animals male and female?
The answer is Yes. For diversity and recreation.
It is important that you note that God intended to create Man as male alone, unlike other animals where He added female factors, but he thought it would not be good for the man who is of higher thinking to be alone, so he created the woman. Note that in Genesis, God had the knowledge of a woman all along, he only thought he could create man alone since there is no female factor to his divinity, remember man was created first in his likeness, but seeing the fragility of the man He created woman for companionship as primary aim (this became sole problem of humanity till date). God was and Is perfect alone.

Read Genesis1 and 2 properly and you will observe God specifically in Genesis 2vs20 that none of the created thing expecially animals was a perfect companion for man.
Re: Christians Please Make Me Understand Better. by Trustworthiness: 9:29pm On Mar 23, 2015
johnydon22:
A supposedly omnipotent being thought it would be good but alas was wrong...isn't that funny? cheesy
Too bad he created man with joystick thinking man would be perfect alone (probably to be wanking (self service)) buh Oops he turned out to be dead wrong, so he created woman thought again that he was helping man but ended up creating the ultimate problem for man..woooow I love this grin

That God is not worthy of been called God. A defective God, creating more problems for His creation. Really interesting one.
Re: Christians Please Make Me Understand Better. by MuttleyLaff: 7:45pm On Mar 24, 2015
5minsmadness:
NO I am not.
I am saying the bible is a compact but complex key of knowledge put together for the main purpose of salvation for the common man.
That verse you quoted has a deeper meaning than what you are reading there.

But Don't worry yourself. It's not important. As long as the salvation. Message is passed across.
Most of the other knowledge can be very distracting.

about "the deeper meaning" and "other knowledge"
Please, pretty please.
Re: Christians Please Make Me Understand Better. by folanaira: 3:38pm On Jul 14, 2015
@chigoizie7: Questioning the Bible IS NOT EQUAL TO questioning God. The Bible is barely 2000 years old, surely the two can not be the same..
Re: Christians Please Make Me Understand Better. by chigoizie7(m): 3:43pm On Jul 14, 2015
folanaira:
@chigoizie7: Questioning the Bible IS NOT EQUAL TO questioning God. The Bible is barely 2000 years old, surely the two can not be the same..

I only asked for clarification
Re: Christians Please Make Me Understand Better. by jcross19: 7:18pm On Jul 14, 2015
HumanPsycho:
Your question, as to wheather he created animals male and female?
The answer is Yes. For diversity and recreation.
It is important that you note that God intended to create Man as male alone, unlike other animals where He added female factors, but he thought it would not be good for the man who is of higher thinking to be alone, so he created the woman. Note that in Genesis, God had the knowledge of a woman all along, he only thought he could create man alone since there is no female factor to his divinity, remember man was created first in his likeness, but seeing the fragility of the man He created woman for companionship as primary aim (this became sole problem of humanity till date). God was and Is perfect alone.
see don't be carried away about seclusion of woman in the bible. Read tha genesis 2 vs 1 to 8, then you will see that its clear that he made human in his own image male and female, even there are billions female angel in heaven if you don't know and. God has a plan for a woman in the creation but the time to create woman have not materialise , until that time. God work with time , I mean appropriate time because HE take HIS time to do HIS will.
Re: Christians Please Make Me Understand Better. by chigoizie7(m): 11:08pm On Oct 31, 2019
johnydon22:
Op just like the adam and eve story is jewish myth their is another jewish mythological folklore of a woman named lillith who was adam's first wife created the same time with him, but was barnished for claiming equality with him then eve was created.. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith
smiley

But the Bible made us to understand that he only created eve because he realized that Adam was lonely and needs a companion.

Well, according to you, when he created Lillith, was it from Adams ribs?

If not, why did he create eve from Adams ribs?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible / What Is Faith? / Famous American Actor SYLVESTER STALLONE Has Surrender His Life To Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.