Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,697 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:34 PM

Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. (16919 Views)

Angry Youths Bar Shettima From Campaigning In Southern Borno / Why Gov. Fayose Is Vigorously Campaigning Against Buhari / Why Jonathan Is Not Campaigning In Kano- Kwankwaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by Vivly(f): 10:59pm On Mar 19, 2015
I just finished watching Network news on NTA and I saw a PDP commercial. It started with a video of 'Buhari as a former dictator' to a slogan' A dictator is always a dictator' and finally, vote for Goodluck Jonathan- Always a civilian.
This is just one out of several.

This is so wrong. The rule of thumb states 'Never ever use negative campaign tactics. Instead of opponents to focus on what they've achieved or failed to achieve, they channel their energy to showing us the supposed shortcomings of the other person.
I think we all know who the real culprits of this negative campaigning are, and honestly, they are encouraging poor voters turnout, creating a worse image of themselves, increasing indifference and possible election violence.

In Civilized countries, even the incumbent would have been sued for slander and libel.
Please learn to campaign by showing us your proposed manifestoes and stop telling us Military rule is a bad thing or that someone from another religion shouldn't rule because from all indications, Nigeria had the best years during the military era and besides, who says ours is the superior religion?

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by igbsam(m): 8:20am On Mar 20, 2015
grin I don't usually comment on fridays

But when I do,

I make sure it has to be FTC

Meanwhile, PDP started the Trend courtesy Oga Fayose. The Stomach Infrastructure Expert. Followed by his kid brother "The Singing Bird" Oga FFK. And the TANOIDS on here.

Meanwhile, if you quote me just to yab me, walahi......even frontpage comment u no go see till this year runs out.

*runs out of thread*

Meanwhile, This is me in front of TANOIDS....You all can do no shyt

[img]http://i./l41m6ws99bt88BhHW.gif[/img]

103 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by eleojo23: 8:20am On Mar 20, 2015
Do you know why they don't bother about intelligent manifestos? It's because we (as a people) like to fight dirty. Who cares about issue-based campaign? Just tarnish the opponent's image by all means and afterwards, go around town sharing indomie, money and bags of rice and the people will vote for you (after all, the masses are easily bought over by cheap stuff).

We really have a long way to go in this country.

The masses (electorate) must learn to look beyond negative propaganda and cheap gifts handed out by politicians.

That's the only way real and positive change will come, if not, we will keep dancing around in circles.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 20, 2015
.That is how desperate they tend to be. They are campaigning against the other parties . This is cos failure runs in there system..... Who cares about them... If dem like make dem say he worse pass Devil.. It go change nothing... angry

7 Likes

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by acidtalk: 8:21am On Mar 20, 2015
A MUST READ:

The 1st Lady's Secret Advice To Mr President

https://www.nairaland.com/2203727/1st-ladys-secret-advice-mr
Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by simplemach(m): 8:21am On Mar 20, 2015
The thing tire me self. But OP, even though you said the truth, u kinda sounded like a 'change' agent.

10 Likes

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by holatin(m): 8:21am On Mar 20, 2015
Instead of opponents to
focus on what they've achieved or failed to achieve,
they channel their energy to showing us the supposed
shortcomings of the other person.

I first thought its only the presidency that involve in this stupid act until I see their supporter online with same behaviour.
instead of they (saTANist) to try and sell their candidate, his plan, manifesto, they will rather abuse buhari as a response to a failed promise by GEJ.

even our guy that decamp because of protection too has activated dat negative campaign method.

see attach pics

it seems all PDP are control by the same remote, same behaviour fayose, ayedee, FFK, etc exhibit.

sai baba
GMB/PYO

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by jeeqaa7(m): 8:21am On Mar 20, 2015
Sorry asses

What do u expect .. Wen we lick their boots and do not question their excesses ... We give room for the rubbish happening ....

Give change a chance

Great Nigeria
Great

8 Likes

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by angrybird007: 8:21am On Mar 20, 2015
No b PDP.
Na today undecided.
They don't av anything to run on undecided
They are giving us reasons to run from their opponent(OUR GENERAL)
But geuss what....
IT'S NOT WORKING cheesy
We love him(BUHARI)more and more everyday.
#SAI BABA

27 Likes

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 20, 2015
God bless you OP

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by Ideyontop: 8:22am On Mar 20, 2015
A very bad trend which has a very bad result. The ordinary Nigerian is the one that suffers the outcome not the politicians who have made arrangements for their children to elope once anything happens ( that is if they are still around),while the supposedly foolish 'supporters/fanatics' are waiting to collect the bullets.

As much as I can remember,it all began from the APC camp, PDP picked it up to counter APC's negative campaign effects. It all started with the exit of Amaechi and his team from PDP, since then they have carefully (with oil funds) stirred this nation into chaos. That's the truth.

And it will be very foolish of Nigerians to let themselves be led into chaos by these few mad fellows who have lost conscience and who do not really care for their supposed followers.

10 Likes

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by adssguy: 8:22am On Mar 20, 2015
ATTENTION - Nicki Minaj Goes Raunchy On Stage (Photos)

http://.in/2015/03/nicki-minaj-goes-raunchy-on-stage-photos.html
Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by gurusmac4: 8:22am On Mar 20, 2015
Hit like for #APC in you believe in change

15 Likes

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by Sanchez01: 8:22am On Mar 20, 2015
With us in Nigeria, anything goes.
Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 20, 2015
[size=13pt]Poster are you saying it's only GEJ's campaign that's negative?
All these Amaechi and Fashola talk was it positive?
Abi Jonathan own pain you?...eiyah[/size]

24 Likes

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by phayvoursky(m): 8:22am On Mar 20, 2015
THAT'S OUR OWN SYSTEM OF POLITICS. IT'S A COMPETITION FOR SURVIVAL.

LIKE IN A BATTLE FIELD. KILL OR GET KILLED.

MY OPINION.

3 Likes

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by Fadre7(m): 8:22am On Mar 20, 2015
The problem that we have is the President himself- a President who prides himself on his own weakness and incompetence and whose love of false prophets and strange women knows no bounds and has no end. A President who is as confused and as clueless as the comic character called Chancey Gardner in the celebrated 1970′s Peter Seller’s Hollywood blockbuster titled ”Being There”.
A President who does not understand the meaning of the word ”class” or ”honesty” and who breaks his own word consistently.
A President who has abdicated his responsibilities, destroyed his own political party, divided his own country, alienated his own friends, humiliated his own mentor, abandoned his own people, brought ridicule to his own faith, cowers before his own officials, betrays his own governors, scorns the international community and breaks his solemn oath to protect and defend the Nigerian people.
A President who does not even have the nerve or the guts to call to order any of the numerous Jezebels that control him. He is the problem we have in our country today and until he resigns, is impeached or is voted out of power nothing will change and Nigeria will continue to go from bad to worse. That is what you get when you vote for a man who never wore shoes to school.
May God deliver our country**

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by layinkakeem(m): 8:22am On Mar 20, 2015
Lol,

Am just sure gej won't win this election,
We want change,
We want buhari,

If you want change click that like button

15 Likes

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by snowland(m): 8:22am On Mar 20, 2015
No be naija we dey again?. Thats PDP for you. Attached picture will show you that PDP has just only one thing to offer Nigerians and that thing is BUHARI. Anyways, March 28 is almost here.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by misterchris(m): 8:22am On Mar 20, 2015
politics na politics
Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:22am On Mar 20, 2015
Negative campaign aka smear campaign is one out of many tools politicians use when canvassing for vote. It is a tool used in even mature democracies.

The goal is to expose the hypocrisy of your opponent.

Negative campaign or attack ads in its essence are not wrong. What is wrong is when most of its content are with out concrete proof or basis. It is a delicate campaign tool that can back fire if not implemented carefully.

5 Likes

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by SeverusSnape(m): 8:22am On Mar 20, 2015
A dictator is always a dictator!!!
[size=14pt]Buhari IS A DESPOTIC TYRANT[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by okotv(m): 8:22am On Mar 20, 2015
I like that someone is speaking out against this trend. The facts remain that there would be life after elections. I detest any form of negative campaign and if you do that, you lose my support. Its so inhumane to call anyone names for mere political posts that you would leave after a stipulated time. If you want me to vote for you, its simple. Tell me what you can do and if I like I vote for you not telling me your opponent is evil. The negative campaign by the ruling party on the main opposition party was one I followed keenly, the silence from the opposition camp made me smile even though so unwarranted comments were made, it goes to show that we can rise above hate and propaganda and that's a good thing cause our developing democracy need it more than ever now.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Say no to violence
vote for peace.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 20, 2015
Good point OP

I too am distressed at the level of negative campaigning.....both on TV and even on the internet. It seems that Nigerians prefer campaigning by abuse, rather than campaign of ideas and issues.

That is why sometimes....I wonder if Nigerians really understand what democracy is. Many seem to think it means putting their brother in office above all else.

2 Likes

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by Samguine: 8:23am On Mar 20, 2015
Very true. Instead of each party to focus on telling the electorate what they have in mind to do, laying out their agenda and manifestos, they instead engage themselves in smear campaigns to score cheap political points. Arrant nonsense. Your works are meant to speak for you but when you have nothing to show, you become desperate.

God help us all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by gen2briz(m): 8:23am On Mar 20, 2015
Another clueless move
Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 20, 2015
PDP has nothing to campaign with that is why they resort to slander. Voting for APC is the best choice cos APC will perform not only to impress the electorates but also to ensure they get a return ticket in 2019.

PDP on the other hand will. spend the next four years looting our treasury to recover the billions they have injected into hate campaign, sponsored documentaries, bribery of pastors and traditional rulers, etc.

Nigerians be wise for once.

4 Likes

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by dyabman(m): 8:23am On Mar 20, 2015
Nice one op

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by kingthreat(m): 8:23am On Mar 20, 2015
Im sorry but what we are practicing here isn't democracy. Every democratic act we do is a direct opposite of what is done in civilized nations. Here the ruling party damage people's hard end reputations in order to win elections. Government of the people indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by SeverusSnape(m): 8:23am On Mar 20, 2015
Fadre7:
[s]The problem that we have is the President himself- a President who prides himself on his own weakness and incompetence and whose love of false prophets and strange women knows no bounds and has no end. A President who is as confused and as clueless as the comic character called Chancey Gardner in the celebrated 1970′s Peter Seller’s Hollywood blockbuster titled ”Being There”.
A President who does not understand the meaning of the word ”class” or ”honesty” and who breaks his own word consistently.
A President who has abdicated his responsibilities, destroyed his own political party, divided his own country, alienated his own friends, humiliated his own mentor, abandoned his own people, brought ridicule to his own faith, cowers before his own officials, betrays his own governors, scorns the international community and breaks his solemn oath to protect and defend the Nigerian people.
A President who does not even have the nerve or the guts to call to order any of the numerous Jezebels that control him. He is the problem we have in our country today and until he resigns, is impeached or is voted out of power nothing will change and Nigeria will continue to go from bad to worse. That is what you get when you vote for a man who never wore shoes to school.
May God deliver our country**[/s]
Rubbish!!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Corruption: Sss Is Protecting Maina, Not Allowing Efcc Arrest Him – Omojuwa / President Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs (Photos) / Work Begins On Owo-Akungba Road, Ondo, Aftermath of Social Media Outburst

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.