Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. (16920 Views)

Angry Youths Bar Shettima From Campaigning In Southern Borno / Why Gov. Fayose Is Vigorously Campaigning Against Buhari / Why Jonathan Is Not Campaigning In Kano- Kwankwaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by Swiftboy(m): 8:53am On Mar 20, 2015
Point of correction 4 years plus. Thank you
Intendy:

Meaning:- When a government of approximately 6 years does such it means they have done nothing tangible to the benefit of the people.
else they will spend their time show casing their achievements

1 Like

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by henrysam(m): 8:53am On Mar 20, 2015
eleojo23:
Do you know why they don't bother about intelligent manifestos? It's because we (as a people) like to fight dirty. Who cares about issue based campaign? Just tarnish the opponents' image by all means and afterward go around town sharing indomie, money and bags of rice and the people will vote for you (after all, the masses are easily bought over by cheap stuff).

We really have a long way to go in this country.

The masses (electorate) must learn to look beyond negative propaganda and cheap gifts handed out by politicians.

That's the only way real and positive change will come, if not, we will keep dancing around in circles.
Thanks. When you even tell nigerians the truth. We prefer to listen to lies. Casting aspersions and propaganda and our politicians knows what will want. That is why we cannot have issue based campaigns
People deserve the type of leaders they want
Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by olajide8(m): 8:54am On Mar 20, 2015
Two can play the game, the opposition has decided to release their own documentary - which was started by the ruling party and all hell, has been let loose by the ruling party* - they have now termed it a slap against the presidency- but it's obvious every inch of the documentary would be true, because if any contrary thing is said a lot of people would land in jail.
Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by sCun: 8:57am On Mar 20, 2015
AdaNri1:
[size=13pt]Poster are you saying it's only GEJ's campaign that's negative?
All these Amaechi and Fashola talk was it positive?
Abi Jonathan own pain you?...eiyah[/size]
God bless you.
APC got popularity using nothing but negative campaign tactics against PDP and Jonathan, now they are complaining.
Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by Ohibenemma(m): 8:59am On Mar 20, 2015
We must be sincere here; both parties are very guilty of this act! Lai Mohammed started it long ago...the word, clueless, retarde(en)d, etc readily springs to mind. It is no wonder that he retained same position when ACN merged with others to form the APC. The PDP, if I can remember correctly, brought in Okupe simply for that purpose - to counter the darts of the opposition.
It is bad, but they are ALL guilty!
Also, those bringing in the trend in the civilized world are uninformed. The campaign between Romney and Obama was characterized by multiple mudslinging and slanderous insinuations, so much that Romney had to apologize for certain things he said after Obama's victory.
May the best candidate win.
#ihavedecided...

1 Like

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by Osezzua(m): 9:13am On Mar 20, 2015
Vivly:
I just finished watching Network news on NTA and I saw a PDP commercial. It started with a video of 'Buhari as a former dictator' to a slogan' A dictator is always a dictator' and finally, vote for Goodluck Jonathan- Always a civilian.
This is just one out of several.

This is so wrong. The rule of thumb states 'Never ever use negative campaign tactics. Instead of opponents to focus on what they've achieved or failed to achieve, they channel their energy to showing us the supposed shortcomings of the other person.
I think we all know who the real culprits of this negative campaigning are, and honestly, they are encouraging poor voters turnout, creating a worse image of themselves, increasing indifference and possible election violence.

In Civilized countries, even the incumbent would have been sued for slander and libel.
Please learn to campaign by showing us your proposed manifestoes and stop telling us Military rule is a bad thing or that someone from another religion shouldn't rule because from all indications, Nigeria had the best years during the military era and besides, who says ours is the superior religion?

The funny thing about retaliation is a simple issue which could have been resolved amicably can be taken to a level of Fighting that is unimaginable. For over four years, U guys called GEJ clueless, some went to the extreme extent of saying he has done NOTHING in six years. Now he's retaliating and you are crying as a victim. Please lets relax and watch the drama unfold.

1 Like

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by hope4nigeria(m): 9:20am On Mar 20, 2015
Vivly:
I just finished watching Network news on NTA and I saw a PDP commercial. It started with a video of 'Buhari as a former dictator' to a slogan' A dictator is always a dictator' and finally, vote for Goodluck Jonathan- Always a civilian.

This is so wrong. The rule of thumb states 'Never ever use negative campaign tactics. Instead of opponents to focus on what they've achieved or failed to achieve, they channel their energy to showing us the supposed shortcomings of the other person.
I think we all know who the real culprits of this negative campaigning are, and honestly, they are encouraging poor voters turnout, creating a worse image of themselves, increasing indifference and possible election violence.

In Civilized countries, even the incumbent would have been sued for slander and libel.
Please learn to campaign by showing us your proposed manifestoes and stop telling us Military rule is a bad thing or that someone from another religion shouldn't rule because from all indications, Nigeria had the best years during the military era and besides, who says ours is the superior religion?
I'm still suprise with this politician stuupidity! Buhari ruled 2yrs 3month,eliminated corruption,stabilised economy,maintain law and order which is our major problem curently,ensure maximum security of life and properties but eliminated the upressor. E.g armed rubbers and thiefs. Imagine an attack on civilians,banks and soft targets have no place in Buhari govt. PDP now castigating him for good work while in their Sixteen yrs, all we see is corruption at peak,wasting of civilian's life,excesive porverty,honor those deserve to die by firing squred,and all evil. People still can't understand who the worst evil is. Now Gej is a civilian; many nigerians died under his watch. Oh no. I don't. Know what to say to people again oh.
Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by saintchyco: 9:25am On Mar 20, 2015
snowland:
No be naija we dey again?. Thats PDP for you. Attached picture will show you that PDP has just only one thing to offer Nigerians and that thing is BUHARI. Anyways, March 28 is almost here.

WE KNOW WHERE YOU STAND U DONT NEED TO TELL MORE LIES

1 Like

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by francizy(m): 9:25am On Mar 20, 2015
XBLadez:

I would have commended your write up but it seems you're just another APC/Buhari sympathizer. Why don't you change the topic to 'PDP Negative Campaign in Nigeria' instead of giving us the notion that your real intention was to point out a small fault in the Nigerian politics. If you were fair enough you would have include another example from the APC's numerous propaganda against GEJ and PDP. This is lame!

Bullshit!

Don't mind them, that is how they are. They are always economical with the truth. Never have I seen an objective APC supporter. They are all totally and sentimentally biased.

How will hypocrisy deliver Nigeria?
How will lies deliver Nigeria?
How will propaganda deliver Nigeria?
How will deciet deliver Nigeria?
How will violence and insults deliver Nigeria?
How will tribal sentiments deliver Nigeria?
How will bigotry deliver Nigeria?
How will desperation deliver Nigeria?

These and many more questions are left to be answered.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by francizy(m): 9:29am On Mar 20, 2015
hope4nigeria:
I'm still suprise with this politician stuupidity! Buhari ruled 2yrs 3month,eliminated corruption,stabilised economy,maintain law and order which is our major problem curently,ensure maximum security of life and properties but eliminated the upressor. E.g armed rubbers and thiefs. Imagine an attack on civilians,banks and soft targets have no place in Buhari govt. PDP now castigating him for good work while in their Sixteen yrs, all we see is corruption at peak,wasting of civilian's life,excesive porverty,honor those deserve to die by firing squred,and all evil. People still can't understand who the worst evil is. Now Gej is a civilian; many nigerians died under his watch. Oh no. I don't. Know what to say to people again oh.

You don't need to tell us all these lies bro. Can we compare and contrast GEJ and GMB rule form the world to see, because it's only lazy people who can't utilize the free services of Wikipedia that will believe all these lies in your post.

If you wanna get to it, holla me so that we create more awareness rather than receiving the gullible masses.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by sniperr007(m): 9:32am On Mar 20, 2015
angrybird007:
No b PDP.
Na today undecided.
They don't av anything to run on undecided
They are giving us reasons to run from their opponent(OUR GENERAL)
But geuss what....
IT'S NOT WORKING cheesy
We love him(BUHARI)more and more everyday.
#SAI BABA

Instead of condemning d useless,degrading tactics of our politicians,u defending ur party like dey r not guilty of same crime.

Both parties r guilty eg pej callin buhari brain dead and ffk sayin tinubu mouth smells also fasola blaming gej for robbery,ameachi always sayin dey r after his life.

They show der desperation for power and ve no sense of decency.
Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by Intendy: 9:38am On Mar 20, 2015
Swiftboy:
Point of correction 4 years plus. Thank you
Jonathan is 5 years plus
Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by rabbaba: 9:41am On Mar 20, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Rubbish!!!
som ppl who has not handle leader ship talks rubbish when they don't have anything to say. PDP power . Power for d ppl PDP.let them talk PDP gave them freedom of speech yet they use it to fight em. GEJ 2019

1 Like

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by hope4nigeria(m): 9:43am On Mar 20, 2015
francizy:

You don't need to tell us all these lies bro. Can we compare and contrast GEJ and GMB rule form the world to see, because it's only lazy people who can't utilize the free services of Wikipedia that will believe all these lies in your post.

If you wanna get to it, holla me so that we create more awareness rather than receiving the gullible masses.

Thank you.
I know you are a paid e-agent and that is my opinion; I say a prayer for you I; let. God arrange ur destiny/career the way Jonathan is rulling/arranging this Country. Thesame prayer for me the way Buhari rule Nigerian when he was head of state. Amen. I'm only expecting amen as a reply from you if you are not the one lieing. Thank you.
Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by lovat(m): 9:45am On Mar 20, 2015
Vivly:

did you take time to go through APC negative campaign that has been gracing social media and broadcast houses. Na God go judge the mod wey push dis. Poo to FP

1 Like

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by saintandsinnerz: 9:49am On Mar 20, 2015
Fadre7:
The problem that we have is the President himself- a President who prides himself on his own weakness and incompetence and whose love of false prophets and strange women knows no bounds and has no end. A President who is as confused and as clueless as the comic character called Chancey Gardner in the celebrated 1970′s Peter Seller’s Hollywood blockbuster titled ”Being There”.
A President who does not understand the meaning of the word ”class” or ”honesty” and who breaks his own word consistently.
A President who has abdicated his responsibilities, destroyed his own political party, divided his own country, alienated his own friends, humiliated his own mentor, abandoned his own people, brought ridicule to his own faith, cowers before his own officials, betrays his own governors, scorns the international community and breaks his solemn oath to protect and defend the Nigerian people.
A President who does not even have the nerve or the guts to call to order any of the numerous Jezebels that control him. He is the problem we have in our country today and until he resigns, is impeached or is voted out of power nothing will change and Nigeria will continue to go from bad to worse. That is what you get when you vote for a man who never wore shoes to school.
May God deliver our country**

Rubbish, your rant looks exactly like you
Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by Abayhormy(m): 9:50am On Mar 20, 2015
PDP campaign strategy:

Hate campaign,

Demonization of opponent ,

Planting of Ethnic/religious sentiments and Discord

And Mismanagement of funds/Dollars spree.

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by saintandsinnerz: 9:53am On Mar 20, 2015
layinkakeem:
Lol,

Am just sure gej won't win this election,
We want change,
We want buhari,

If you want change click that like button

You are just sure Gej won't win this election, then why can't you bet a good money on it and see yourself smiling to the bank. Nairabet has offered an attractive odd for Buhari winning the election, so if i were you i will even borrow to back Buhari to win since you are sure Gej will not win

1 Like

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 20, 2015
MTSHEEW....A DICTATOR IS A DICTATOR

WEN OBJ WAS DERE WAS HE NOT DICTATING?

CHANGE NI CHANGE KOR

ORISISI APC grin
Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by Enoquin(f): 10:18am On Mar 20, 2015
*sighs*
OP, I eagerly opened to read hoping I'd see all parties especially the top two being admonished.
It was on Nairaland long before campaigns started that I heard the terms 'shepopotamus' 'clueless' 'drunkard from otuoke' 'appendage (adopted from Wole)' 'barren woman' etc. Couldn't there have been a better way at passing points without being insultive?
Now, PDP has joined with 'Buhari' and has gone overboard on TVs and Radios and at their campaigns...

What am I driving at? These two parties APC and PDP are guilty of negative campaigning. Negative campaigning isn't new but this one has crossed so many lines and have gone too personal. The thing is once you go down this road of being abusive and personal, it breeds violence that is hard to come back from.
Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by BraniacX(m): 10:20am On Mar 20, 2015
AdaNri1:
[size=13pt]Poster are you saying it's only GEJ's campaign that's negative?
All these Amaechi and Fashola talk was it positive?
Abi Jonathan own pain you?...eiyah[/size]

Don't mind the idiotic foppish OP undecided a topic in which he/she was expected to be neutral and point out the flaws from both sides of the divide, the scoundrel decided to focus on the biblical speck in the PDP's eyes ignoring the log(s) (amaechi, okorocha, lai mohammed, el-rufai, fashola, aregbesola, thievenubu e.t.c) in the APC's eyes in a disgraceful show of shameless partisanship.

2 Likes

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by lanog: 10:24am On Mar 20, 2015
Unfortunately for the incumbent, these negative campaigns have been good propellants to those on the fence to pitching their tents with the APC.

The brainy ones though.
Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by BraniacX(m): 10:36am On Mar 20, 2015
lanog:
Unfortunately for the incumbent, these negative campaigns have been good propellants to those on the fence to pitching their tents with the APC.

The brainy ones though.

Your opinion and your opinion alone undecided
Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by misterh(m): 10:51am On Mar 20, 2015
Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by aLgoridim(m): 10:52am On Mar 20, 2015
Intendy:

Jonathan is 5 years plus
Jonathan since 2007.
Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by layinkakeem(m): 11:09am On Mar 20, 2015
saintandsinnerz:

You are just sure Gej won't win this election, then why can't you bet a good money on it and see yourself smiling to the bank. Nairabet has offered an attractive odd for Buhari winning the election, so if i were you i will even borrow to back Buhari to win since you are sure Gej will not win

If you can lend me the money, I'll be glad grin
I'll pay you back after the election
Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by CSTR: 11:11am On Mar 20, 2015
A thread that would have made sense is what the OP just turned on its head by his thinly veiled partisanship.
I am out of here.
Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by CSTR: 11:23am On Mar 20, 2015
Ohibenemma:
We must be sincere here; both parties are very guilty of this act! Lai Mohammed started it long ago...the word, clueless, retarde(en)d, etc readily springs to mind. It is no wonder that he retained same position when ACN merged with others to form the APC. The PDP, if I can remember correctly, brought in Okupe simply for that purpose - to counter the darts of the opposition.
It is bad, but they are ALL guilty!
Also, those bringing in the trend in the civilized world are uninformed. The campaign between Romney and Obama was characterized by multiple mudslinging and slanderous insinuations, so much that Romney had to apologize for certain things he said after Obama's victory.
May the best candidate win.
#ihavedecided...
Thank you very much.
You are one of the very few patriots on nairaland.
The rest are deceiving themselves.
They probably don't know they have a herod (PDP)and a pharoah (APC) running for presidency.
Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by francizy(m): 11:31am On Mar 20, 2015
hope4nigeria:
I know you are a paid e-agent and that is my opinion; I say a prayer for you I; let. God arrange ur destiny/career the way Jonathan is rulling/arranging this Country. Thesame prayer for me the way Buhari rule Nigerian when he was head of state. Amen. I'm only expecting amen as a reply from you if you are not the one lieing. Thank you.

You APC people think everyone can be bought like you were, right? Now I made a simple request that we engage in a reasonable debate and this is all you could come up with? It's a shame that you people never study but love to follow crowd ignorantly. If you wanna say prayers, then lemme say these ones for you too:

[b]May God misappropriate all your life earnings the way Buhari misappropriated the $2.8billion dollars as a petroleum minister during his time under OBJ's regime.
Afterwards, may God transfer every other money you make into your enemies account the way Buhari illegally transferred PTF/Nigerian money into the military account (Abacha's).
May your life be like that of the journalists killed or jailed for reporting about the soured state of the Nigerian economy during Buhari's rule.
May your success be banned like that of the well meaning bodies that were banned during Buhari's rule.
May your life be like that of pa. Ajasin who was tried and not found guilty but was still jailed.
May your enemies be placed under house ar(rest) like Shehu Shagari and may you be jailed like Ekwueme.
May you be jailed like Fela for possession of foreign currency and may your enemies be set free like Emir Gwandu for possession of 53 suitcases stacked with $700million.
May your life be frustrated like that of Ajaokuta steel and hence terminated like the Lagos metroline, just like Buhari did.
May you loose your job the way so many people lost theirs immediately Buhari took over.
May your job position face retrenchment like that of 200,000 civil servants during Buhari's rule.
May whichever business you start up face similar situation businesses faced during Buhari's rule.
Lastly, may your enemies acquire all your properties and that of eryone who is related to or close to you like Thieving-Bull acquired Lagos state properties.[/b]

If you can say amen to these prayers, then I will say a very big amen to your prayer.

Mind you, my point wasn't to descend low as saying worthless and useless prayer like you did but show you that the government you proclaim as heaven sent was actually more evil.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by holatin(m): 5:27pm On Mar 20, 2015
anonimi:

It is tit-for-tat all started by APC long before the real campaign season, calling our president names and spreading BASELESS rumours, propaganda and LIES about unfounded allegations.
pls give me two examples of those baseless rumour by APC before campaign season

1 Like

Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by anonimi: 5:29pm On Mar 20, 2015
holatin:
pls give me two examples of those baseless rumour by APC before campaign season

- the president feeds with N1 billion.
- the president drinks too much hence is incompetent.

Blatant complete LIES.
Re: Negative Campaigning In Nigeria. by holatin(m): 6:53pm On Mar 20, 2015
anonimi:

- the president feeds with N1 billion.
- the president drinks too much hence is incompetent.

Blatant complete LIES.
you can do better than that now, a link of the report now.
something to back your claim.

BTW wait, does he look drunk, act drunk and speak drunk and dumb

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abia Curfew: De Latinos To Government "Save Our Livelihood, Means Of Survival" / Kogi 2023 Governorship Election Live Monitoring, Updates, and Results / Bomb Blast In Maiduguri Just Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.