Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Cheap Flight From Nigeria To USA - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cheap Flight From Nigeria To USA (15642 Views)

Nigerian Man Collapses, Dies On A Flight From Dubai To Luwanda. Do You Know Him? / "Smoke Covers Aero Flight From Port-Harcourt To Lagos"- Female Twitter User Says / Chaos At Jos Airport: Passengers Block Arik Air Flight From Taking Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cheap Flight From Nigeria To USA by greenstonecomp: 7:30am On Mar 20, 2015
By God's grace, I will be traveling to tHe USA (Miami) in the middle of May this year. I attend staying there for just 2 weeks. Does anyone have an idea of the cheapest way to fly there. I don't mind stopovers in Asia n Europe. I even see the stopovers as part of the adventure. The cheapest I have found so far is 1,140 Euros (return ticket with two stopovers in Netherlands and Atlanta) Looking forward to hear from you guys. Thanks
Re: Cheap Flight From Nigeria To USA by 19naia(m): 5:11am On Mar 21, 2015
Your search is in Euros? You are flying to USA, search in US$. Any way, €1,140 looks like a good price if it is from lagos direct to USA and then a transfer flight to Miami...
Its hard to find cheaper than that unless you fly direct to Houston texas and no transfer flight to other cities.. Houston is the hub for US carriers to Nigeria.. I think they also have some flights from Atlanta... United and Delta are the US carriers that ply Nigeria route and they have their hubs in houston... The cheapest flights are direct non transfer flights to a carriers hub airport.... Newyork has european and other international carriers that will get you from Nigeria to USA or from USA to Nigeria... JFK flights are easy to find good prices from Nigeria, but then comes the price of the transfer to Miami...
Houston is far from Miami but not so bad to go cheap by road if you have time to spare for adventure to see the land..

My airline is United, i have used them to fly to quite a number of international and domestic USA routes... I will likely use them to fly to Nigeria in the next few years.. I have a mileage account with them and have around 15k miles registered with them to date.. That will earn me some advantages eventually when i reach frequent flier status...

I use a web site called CheapOair... They find the cheapest flights automatically, but its not easy to get a flight booked there that originates outside of USA or permited countries.. It may have to do with the websites restricted right to operate for foriegn customers.. You can book flights from USA to Nigeria and roundtrip back to USA, using cheapOair...

1 Share

Re: Cheap Flight From Nigeria To USA by 19naia(m): 5:25am On Mar 21, 2015
just an idea of how big USA is.. Flying from Houston to Miami is like flying from lagos to congo..

1 Like

Re: Cheap Flight From Nigeria To USA by Moana(f): 10:43am On Mar 22, 2015
Why dont you just use delta? Wont u need transit visas if you pass through other countries?

1 Like

Re: Cheap Flight From Nigeria To USA by Lerzy: 2:08pm On Mar 22, 2015
Dear sir,
I feel that is too expensive you gave book ticket with Emirates it much more cheaper and you have less connection time, you can also look at British airways, Ethiad and Virgin Atlantic.
greenstonecomp:
By God's grace, I will be traveling to tHe USA (Miami) in the middle of May this year. I attend staying there for just 2 weeks. Does anyone have an idea of the cheapest way to fly there. I don't mind stopovers in Asia n Europe. I even see the stopovers as part of the adventure. The cheapest I have found so far is 1,140 Euros (return ticket with two stopovers in Netherlands and Atlanta) Looking forward to hear from you guys. Thanks
Re: Cheap Flight From Nigeria To USA by Lerzy: 2:10pm On Mar 22, 2015
Ah too me I feel it's too expensive and For example if your connection flight is in London you don't need a visa as long as you are not going out of the airport. Buh if you want to explore London for a while you can get a transit visa.
Moana:
Why dont you just use delta? Wont u need transit visas if you pass through other countries?
Re: Cheap Flight From Nigeria To USA by nehas(m): 4:44pm On Mar 22, 2015
Check Ethiopia airline
Re: Cheap Flight From Nigeria To USA by anaifey(f): 5:58pm On Mar 24, 2015
check wakanowtickets
Re: Cheap Flight From Nigeria To USA by Moana(f): 8:35pm On Mar 24, 2015
Lerzy:
Ah too me I feel it's too expensive and For example if your connection flight is in London you don't need a visa as long as you are not going out of the airport. Buh if you want to explore London for a while you can get a transit visa.
The OP sees the stopovers as part of his adventure ( he might want to explore) so definitely transit visas will be involved
Re: Cheap Flight From Nigeria To USA by Lerzy: 9:17pm On Mar 24, 2015
That's true sef Do you know the process of getting a UK transit visa. Thank you
Moana:
The OP sees the stopovers as part of his adventure ( he might want to explore) so definitely transit visas will be involved
Re: Cheap Flight From Nigeria To USA by greenstonecomp: 1:20pm On Mar 25, 2015
this is the cheapest i got so far
The route is:
Outbound:

9:35pmLagos, Murtala Muhammed (LOS), Nigeria

Date:Saturday 9th May 2015

Landing:5:40amAmsterdam, Schiphol (AMS), Netherlands

Date:Sunday 10th May 2015

Duration: 7h 5m

Flight: KL 588

Change planes: 2h 5m

2nd leg

KLM

Take-off:7:45amAmsterdam, Schiphol (AMS), Netherlands

Landing:10:25amDetroit, Detroit Metro (DTW), Michigan, United States

Duration: 8h 40m

Flight: KL 6035

Change planes: 1h 40m

3rd leg

KLM

Take-off:12:05pmDetroit, Detroit Metro (DTW), Michigan, United States

Landing:3:09pmMiami (MIA), Florida, United States

Duration: 3h 4m

Inbound:

Take-off:7:00pmMiami (MIA), Florida, United States

Date:Saturday 23rd May 2015

Landing:9:03pmAtlanta (ATL), Georgia, United States

Duration: 2h 3m

Flight: KL 7440

Change planes: 1h 17m

2nd leg

KLM

Take-off:10:20pmAtlanta (ATL), Georgia, United States

Landing:12:45pmAmsterdam, Schiphol (AMS), Netherlands

Date:Sunday 24th May 2015

Duration: 8h 25m

Flight: KL 622

Change planes: 0h 50m

3rd leg

KLM

Take-off:1:35pmAmsterdam, Schiphol (AMS), Netherlands

Landing:7:20pmLagos, Murtala Muhammed (LOS), Nigeria

Duration: 6h 45m

Flight: KL 587

What do u guys think?
Re: Cheap Flight From Nigeria To USA by 19naia(m): 3:53am On Mar 26, 2015
What do u guys think?[/quote]

Thats a good price if the exchange rate is 200 to 1$.. Dont waste time trying to find cheaper.. The price may go up if you delay.. Trying to get better than this is not easy and there is more risk this one may sell out while you delay, and then only more expensive ones will remain...
Its a good deal you have there...
Re: Cheap Flight From Nigeria To USA by Moana(f): 9:58am On Mar 27, 2015
Lerzy:
That's true sef Do you know the process of getting a UK transit visa. Thank you
thats something you should be able to google or call the embassy and ask
Re: Cheap Flight From Nigeria To USA by Lerzy: 1:03pm On Mar 29, 2015
Alright thanks noted
Moana:
thats something you should be able to google or call the embassy and ask
Re: Cheap Flight From Nigeria To USA by gistcity(m): 12:55am On Feb 22, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Profiling The Beauty Of Lagos: The Sights And The Sounds / Where Are The Romantic Places In Lagos? / Boarding A Taxi In Lagos? Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.