Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,842 members, 7,802,695 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) (37268 Views)

10 Things That Would Have Happened If Zuckerberg Visited Nigeria During PDP Era / Ezekwesili: We’re Being Reminded Of Military Era. The Cable. / We Are No Longer In Military Era, Abdulsalami Peace Committee Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by sweetgala(m): 1:56pm On Mar 20, 2015
akubudejud:
Execution by firing squad, sometimes called fusillading (from the French fusil, rifle), is a method of capital punishment, particularly common in the military and in times of war. Execution by shooting is a fairly old practice.

Execution at Bar beach, Lagos Nigeria. April 24th 1970.
That was the day the first set of armed robbers faced firing squad. Babatunde Folorunsho, Joseph Ilobo and wait for it…William Alders Oyazimo, Sub Lt., of the navy. Oyazimo and Ilobo had appeared before the Lagos state robbery and firearms tribunal, chaired by James Agboola Ojomo. The duo were accused of robbing One Alhaja Taibatu.

Nigerian soldiers shoot 43 prisoners who were sentenced to death, during their mass execution by firing-squad before a crowd of 1000 spectators, 22 July 1995 in Lagos. Nigeria’s military General Sani Abacha seized power and installed military rules in November 1993.

GLADYS IYAMAH, a HANDICAP mother of two paraplegic children was WRONGFULLY ACCUSED of drug trafficking was the first woman to be killed by firing squad in Nigeria!

GLADYS IYAMAH was not innocent
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by omanifrank(m): 1:57pm On Mar 20, 2015
chai
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by iyatrustee(f): 1:57pm On Mar 20, 2015
If this would reset the brains of the perpetrators of evil to default settings, why not?

We have become too lawless as a nation
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 20, 2015
no single northerner was executed during buhai's era

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by okotv(m): 1:59pm On Mar 20, 2015
Maccoy1:
All in all nobody has the right to take the life of another man.only d one who gave d life has the right to do so....jesus christ even came to earth to amend the law of moses...the best we can do is give them the long ride in jail..we know they've killed others but taking thr life won't bring back the dead....TWO WRONGS Don't make RIGHT....
So the military shouldn't kill those boko haram members who are enemies of the state
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by Bants(m): 1:59pm On Mar 20, 2015
Nigeria history month
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by LastProphet: 1:59pm On Mar 20, 2015
God punish the OP for saying 'wrongfully accused', so she was wrongfully accused? So she didnt carry drugs? or she should have been released because she has children or is handicapped? Have u ever travelled to Asia? GOD PUNISH YOUR ENTIRE GENERATION AND MAKE YOUR LIFE LIKE THE LIFE OF ANYTHING UNDER GOODLUCK JONATHAN
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by Donbabaj: 1:59pm On Mar 20, 2015
Which is preferable, sentenced to death by hanging or firing squad? I learnt from a friend that death by firing squad is no longer applicable in Nigeria.
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by tivereegega(m): 1:59pm On Mar 20, 2015
YES O
REAL HEL
[P
salmonkay:
GOD HELP US,
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by GentleToks(m): 2:00pm On Mar 20, 2015
kestolove95:
Had it been dix tin still continue...igbos for don finsh for nigeria oo.. grin

Hahahahahhahahahahahahaha Lmao lol.....

You r d baddest dude on earth.

This is hilarious.......

You are right to an extent though but trust me, Igbo people will fight back on behalf on their kinsmen; very patriotic and reliable people when it comes to things like this. They ll beat d present day Military to their games with tribal rhetorics and of course gimmicks. Didn't u see how much tribal fight/rhetorics they put on during Odua stealing saga?

China and all these Asian countries are lucky that their countries have less population of Igbos, otherwise Igbos would scream to the whole world that their kinsmen are victims of Tribalism and Marginalisation.....

And guess what,i am being subjected to this tribal rhetoric at home too by my dearest wife; she is Delta Igbo. If I m mistakenly chat or look too much at a Yoruba lady, she ll say "you don't give me attention cos of your Yoruba girls" lol

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by odeh1(m): 2:02pm On Mar 20, 2015
Send Cheap, fast & reliable Bulk sms At www.fastbulksmsportal.com for special invitation School PTA meeting, Church meeting etc

Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by jkendy(m): 2:02pm On Mar 20, 2015
What has these pictures got to do with the annoyance of His Excellency President Fani F. Kayode?

This is democracy. Military evil is behind us.
We're moving ahead.
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 20, 2015
Desperate moves to rubbish the image of Gen Muhammadu Buhari.
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by EmekaBlue(m): 2:05pm On Mar 20, 2015
past tense things
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by kr0ne(m): 2:05pm On Mar 20, 2015
Gosh! That last man standing! Alas! It's even more painful when one is expecting a bullet than when he's actually shot
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by johnbu: 2:05pm On Mar 20, 2015
omenka:
Is Jonathan intending to hand over to a military junta
once an offence is committed,then the punishment must upholds.
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by DONOCHAS(m): 2:06pm On Mar 20, 2015
Maccoy1:
All in all nobody has the right to take the life of another man.only d one who gave d life has the right to do so....jesus christ even came to earth to amend the law of moses...the best we can do is give them the long ride in jail..we know they've killed others but taking thr life won't bring back the dead....TWO WRONGS Don't make RIGHT....
That was 2 teach some pple a lesson
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by joystickextendr: 2:06pm On Mar 20, 2015
Am happy it was abolished...

Meanwhile are u having problems with your joystick size or having premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by johnbu: 2:09pm On Mar 20, 2015
sunnyshayne:
Desperate moves to rubbish the image of Gen Muhammadu Buhari.

thank u my brother. in this forthcoming, change is certained

1 Like

Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 20, 2015
Burger01:
Some peeps just mix military and civilian rule like they mix garri and groundnut angry
a good example is ayodele omo fayose

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by henrysam(m): 2:13pm On Mar 20, 2015
This is the era buhari wants to take us back to with all apc supporters.
We say NO. Backward never forward ever
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by Maccoy1(m): 2:14pm On Mar 20, 2015
okotv:
So the military shouldn't kill those boko haram members who are enemies of the state
MUMU use ur brain to read nd understand before you type poo.....B.H Issue is a war fare, in d war front you have to defend ur self.it's called self defence..even in war fare if you surrender peacefully you'll taken as a prisoner....am talking about killing an un armed individual...
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by Maccoy1(m): 2:17pm On Mar 20, 2015
DONOCHAS:
That was 2 teach some pple a lesson
what type of lesson....do you know that even with the jungle justice that has been in nigeria since 1800BC, people are still stealing, even on broadday light..
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by okotv(m): 2:18pm On Mar 20, 2015
Maccoy1:
MUMU use ur brain to read nd understand before you type poo.....B.H Issue is a war fare, in d war front you have to defend ur self.it's called self defence..even in war fare if you surrender peacefully you'll taken as a prisoner....am talking about killing an un armed individual...
the curse was unwarranted. Was the unarmed individual guilty or not

I don't support this though and to think you mentioned Christ. SMH.
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by johnbu: 2:18pm On Mar 20, 2015
GentleToks:

Hahahahahhahahahahahahaha Lmao lol.....

You r d baddest dude on earth.

This is hilarious.......

You are right to an extent though but trust me, Igbo people will fight back on behalf on their kinsmen; very patriotic and reliable people when it comes to things like this. They ll beat d present day Military to their games with tribal rhetorics and of course gimmicks. Didn't u see how much tribal fight/rhetorics they put on during Odua stealing saga?
then you should admonish the igbos to abstain from infringement act

China and all these Asian countries are lucky that their countries have less population of Igbos, otherwise Igbos would scream to the whole world that their kinsmen are victims of Tribalism and Marginalisation.....

And guess what,i am being subjected to this tribal rhetoric at home too by my dearest wife; she is Delta Igbo. If I m mistakenly chat or look too much at a Yoruba lady, she ll say "you don't give me attention cos of your Yoruba girls" lol
then, admonish the igbos to abstain from infringement act.
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 20, 2015
johnbu:

thank u my brother. in this forthcoming, change is certained

One thing I adore Buhari for is his stern advocacy for discipline and dogged fight against corruption. I'm a father and I want my kids to grow up and still find this country intact with better oppotunities for them.

The present situation in this country makes one so scared that indiscipline and corruption will sink this country.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by Maccoy1(m): 2:24pm On Mar 20, 2015
okotv:
the curse was unwarranted. Was the unarmed individual guilty or not

I don't support this though and to think you mentioned Christ. SMH.
guilty or not what would it change when yOU TAKE THE LIFE...why don't you just give the person a life sentence
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by grandstar(m): 2:24pm On Mar 20, 2015
Interestingly, what discourages criminals is not the harshness of the punishment, It is actually being apprehended

Harshness is a waste if they know they can get away with it- ECCLESIASTES 8:11
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Mar 20, 2015
CityNG:
Yawwwennnnnn...

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

If this will result in nightlife returning to Ibadan as we once enjoyed and not having to build a 10 foot security wall in my house then I'm all for it and will donate money to the cause.

Kill them all and let God sort them out.

Hahaha, even with the high security wall this days, these bastards go with drilling equipment to break through a fence and still commit crime, naija security is damn porous.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by okotv(m): 2:28pm On Mar 20, 2015
Maccoy1:
guilty or not what would it change when yOU TAKE THE LIFE...why don't you just give the person a life sentence
read the second paragraph again bro.
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by Laid2001: 2:31pm On Mar 20, 2015
Like PEJ abi!
steppin:

Smh...your parents are childless.
Re: Soldiers & Criminal Execution(firing Squad)in Nigeria During Military Era (pix) by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 20, 2015
[quote author=kestolove95 post=31817315]Had it been dix tin still continue...igbos for don finsh for nigeria oo
Hmmn are you insinuating that igbos are criminals.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Security Agencies Infiltrate Militants / Bala Na'Allah: My Son's Killers Were Not Armed With Guns / Hunters In Nigeria Also Have Paramilitary Uniform Like Customs, FRSC (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.