Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,272 members, 7,780,611 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:35 PM

Which Presidential Candidate Have You Supported Since 1999 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Presidential Candidate Have You Supported Since 1999 (750 Views)

Who Is Nigeria's Best Minister Of Information Since 1999? / List Of Impeached Nigerian State Governors Since 1999 / ADCs Of The President Of Nigeria Since 1999. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Presidential Candidate Have You Supported Since 1999 by MORNDEW(m): 7:38pm On Mar 20, 2015
Before i start this, i must duff my hat for Abdusallami Abubakar for peacefully transiting Nigeria to Democracy he could have decided to continue and never allowed us to practice it, but he chose not to.

During the 1999 democratic elections, we had two major Presidential Candidates Chief, Olusegun Obasanjo contesting under the PDP and Chief Olu Falae contesting under AD. As a small boy in still in primary school i followed up all the build ups to the election. (no be today i start to dey follow national issues). I usually don’t miss 9’oclock news then, i had planned to be a politician but as i grew up i realised our environment was not good enough for sound, sane and intelligent politics.

In that election, even though i was not eligible to vote, i rooted for Olu Falae

REASONS: first, Obasanjo to me looked like who would loot the Government but Olu Falae looked more like a calm man who would care more for the people. Secondly, i like slim men so my likeness for Falae.

In 2003, no need to support any candidate because i knew Obasanjo will still win and besides , the PDP already had their normal way of life working for them.

In 2007, i had grown more in experience of politics and also know what good governance is. I had also started following international politics and daily i get angry the way our country is being run. By this time many of the 1999 Governors have finished their second term and was eyeing the presidency. Then i was strongly rooting for Donald Duke, the former Cross River State Governor. I folowed him very much . Daily while on my way to school, i would stop and read his daily quotes in one of the dailies. I can never forget this one “Money is a tool not an ornament, the more acquisition of money is a burden not a sign of achievement”.

REASONS: his uncommon transformation of Crossriver State, at a time when his contemporaries only embezzled government money. Tinapa etc.
I wanted him to be President but when i woke up the next day after the PDP presidential Primaries, i heard that Yar’Adua has won the primaries. I also knew Yar’Adua will win, and Maurice Iwu ”wuruwuruly” proved me right.
Yar’Adua though bought my heart with his ”servant leadership” slogan but death never allowed him to finish it up. (this one wey dem dey say GEJ na Democrat, for where? Yar’ Adua na democracy himself).

In 2011, there was no two ways about it my heart and love was for Goodluck Jonathan.

REASONS: I believed he was relatively new to politics and as such has not enmeshed himself in too much corruption, he is younger with new ideas, a graduate, i believed he was just like me an ordinary man getting to such exalted position and lastly but the least, he is from my own region we ve cried to be president this is our chance.

I stood in a scorching sun, i was happy i will be part of history. Eventually he won, but to be truthful, after 8 months i started regretting why i voted him. Till today am not happy with Jonathan’s Presidency. And the reasons can make a full texbook for a course in the University.

Here we are today, faced with another election this time around between two familiar foes, Goodluck Jonathan and Mohammadu Buhari. I ve never supported ethnic politics and am too matured now to do so. A man i hated so much in the past years, i now love. I ve never loved any Nigerian Politician the way i love him today.

REASONS: our biggest problem is corruption and this man seems to have the answers to this problem. (real answers o no be d one wey dem tell us say dem dey use tekinology to fight corruption when china self wey get tekinology pass us still dey use corporal punishment. Smh).
Today our dollar exchange is in a mess, our security situation gives one heart attack, most of what they said about him i ve discovered to be lies,
theres this believe in many that this ”poor man” is the right man for the job as it stands.

If he wins and decides to toll the same part as others, he will also get my cane and bitter pills.

So friends since the inception of Democracy in Nigeria, who have you given your support

https://enlightennigeriablog./2015/03/20/which-presidential-candidate-have-you-supported-since-1999/
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Have You Supported Since 1999 by Seaen(m): 7:48pm On Mar 20, 2015
You are wise. May your days be long my friend. For me, its Olu Falae; Obasanjo; Also wanted Donald Duke but supported Yaradua when he was chosen; Then Buhari cos I saw how Jonathan led for 19 months and knew he was up to no good, but he won and I supported him; Now it is Buhari again and for the sake of our dear nation I hope he wins.
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Have You Supported Since 1999 by buskie13(m): 7:52pm On Mar 20, 2015
GEJ till infinity...
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Have You Supported Since 1999 by MORNDEW(m): 7:57pm On Mar 20, 2015
buskie13:
GEJ till infinity...

the writter said since 1999. Is it GEJ u ve been supporting since den?
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Have You Supported Since 1999 by Kestolove(m): 7:59pm On Mar 20, 2015
1999-2007 obj.....2007-date GMB
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Have You Supported Since 1999 by MORNDEW(m): 8:03pm On Mar 20, 2015
Kestolove:
1999-2007 obj.....2007-date GMB
wow how did u keep up wit it?
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Have You Supported Since 1999 by buskie13(m): 8:11pm On Mar 20, 2015
MORNDEW:

the writter said since 1999. Is it GEJ u ve been supporting since den?
definitely obj...if it was since independence... i would go for yakubu Gowon...man of valour...
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Have You Supported Since 1999 by MORNDEW(m): 8:16pm On Mar 20, 2015
buskie13:
definitely obj...if it was since independence... i would go for yakubu Gowon...man of valour...
ok
Re: Which Presidential Candidate Have You Supported Since 1999 by MORNDEW(m): 10:29pm On Mar 20, 2015
I wish Duke had been president

(1) (Reply)

(photo): Pdp Sharing Agege Bread In Lagos / pix:President Jonathan With Apga Guber Candidate, Dr Alex Otti At Aba Yesterday / Frank Okon Vs Akpabio: Court Dismisses Lawsuit Against Akpabio’s Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.