Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

Pc Boothing At A Very Slow Pace. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pc Boothing At A Very Slow Pace. (1216 Views)

Tips On How To Speed Up A Slow Computer. / My Laptop Is Very Slow / Hp Envy Corei3 Boothing Problem, Solution Needed Asap.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pc Boothing At A Very Slow Pace. by fasho16(m): 11:42am On Sep 02, 2006
hi, pls need ur help.my pc has been boothing at a very slow pace, ever since l installed Norton's anti-virus on it.what can l do, to reverse the trend.
Re: Pc Boothing At A Very Slow Pace. by topsydoo(m): 2:10pm On Sep 02, 2006
why dont u try and uninstall the Norton antivirus and possibly look for the new Mcafee. Norton is weighty as it draws many of yr other programs down. hope u have a good config for yr PC's makeup?<i mean memory, processor freq, etc>

go to remove programs and du dat!good luck
Re: Pc Boothing At A Very Slow Pace. by dhammer(m): 8:33am On Sep 03, 2006
Well if you like norton, all you have to do is ensure norton doesn't use up all your pc resources,
Click on Start , and to to run
type 'msconfig' this will bring up the pc system configuration utility.
on the startup tab, remove everything related to the norton install path, xcept the internet protection (ie if you are connected). Restart and you should be able to see the difference. Oh ya, I hope you are sure it was the norton that caused it. It could also be xcess dump from you using the os for a long time. See there are a million and one things that could cause slow startup. If this isint it, Hola back,
Re: Pc Boothing At A Very Slow Pace. by Ish: 1:46am On Sep 21, 2006
Hi, I suggest u check ur memory space or/ and disk space probably u have too many programes that ur disk can't convieneintly hold. Try reducing programmes with high number of bytes. That could work.
Re: Pc Boothing At A Very Slow Pace. by numen(m): 10:14am On Sep 21, 2006
maybe u told Norton to do a Full System Scan at every Startup. Try deselecting that option in Norton.

U might wanna try reducing the number of your startup programs. Your RAM also might be the cause(try upgrading). There are alot of things that can cause dis problem.

But since it started afta u installed Norton, try the first suggestion.

gudLuck cool

(1) (Reply)

If U Are A Computer Wizard Pls Help! / Dial Up Connection / Any Truth To The Tv Decoder Internet Modem Talk?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.