Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview (39166 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie's Make-Up Advert On London Billboard (Photo) / Chimamanda Adichie Makes Vanity Fair List Of International Best Dressed / Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Bonapart(m): 9:19pm On Mar 21, 2015
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 21, 2015
Lol
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by chomygolden(f): 9:28pm On Mar 21, 2015
EroticAngelina:
U expect me to read all these? Mbanu.
meaning you failed JAMB undecided

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by chomygolden(f): 9:29pm On Mar 21, 2015
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 9:31pm On Mar 21, 2015
Chichi my luff...
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by kraftykc(m): 9:32pm On Mar 21, 2015
She smacks of self adulation. I think she has too high an opinion of herself. No one deserves to be called a boy in that fashion and I don't blame the "boy" for getting rough.

Either way this is not a call to arms for feminists or self proclaimed misogynists, you grown up folks should know better.

7 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by chomygolden(f): 9:32pm On Mar 21, 2015
tchidi:
First of all, Elnathan can do no wrong in my eyes...

Chimamanda, be careful!
wetin dey worry this small boy
Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 21, 2015
She is a complete arrogant nitwit

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by DonDiego(m): 9:35pm On Mar 21, 2015
Misogynist2014:
How can someone in her right mind call a fellow human 'boy'?! She must be very silly. Her billions worth of property and trillions of fans have gone into her beautiful and One in a million brain.

Apparently, the word 'boy' is for animals not humans while someone like you who might refer to someone's 'kids' apparently mean it in the original sense of baby goats, right?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by chomygolden(f): 9:36pm On Mar 21, 2015
Misogynist2014:
How can someone in her right mind call a fellow human 'boy'?! She must be very silly. Her billions worth of property and trillions of fans have gone into her beautiful and One in a million brain.
you re equally a boy,i guess poverty have gone to ur brain

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by laplace12(m): 9:37pm On Mar 21, 2015
slimmy05:
She is a complete arrogant nitwit

Nope.

Rather her self-confidence crashed into your insecurity.

17 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by laplace12(m): 9:38pm On Mar 21, 2015
The most intelligent response I have read in a long time kiss

10 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by sobmos(m): 9:40pm On Mar 21, 2015
Vickybee:

Other way round.

You guys aren't in a class with my handbag not to talk about breaking my heart. undecided
you be lesbo? undecided
Vickybee:

Other way round.

You guys aren't in a class with my handbag not to talk about breaking my heart. undecided
you be lesbo?

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Misogynist2014(m): 9:40pm On Mar 21, 2015
chomygolden:
you re equally a boy,i guess poverty have gone to ur brain
Typical woman

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by laplace12(m): 9:42pm On Mar 21, 2015
.." I used to automatically think there was virtue in the non-famous person and vice in the famous person..."

Epic kiss

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by femi4: 9:45pm On Mar 21, 2015
Misogynist2014:
Mourinho called his players "Kids".

What matter is the context in which its been used

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by femi4: 9:48pm On Mar 21, 2015
Vickybee:
My big time role model.

One, out of many things that's synonymous with both of us is that we fear no man. tongue
Men don show this one pepper

12 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by tablu: 9:49pm On Mar 21, 2015
No writer in my generation has inspired me the way you have done but your feministic idealogies has really got alot of critics thinkin...dont mind him he is jst an attention seeker, he lacks what it takes to come out with someting excitinly brilliant.Such persons are not humble enough to learn from others little wonder they will always fumble.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by iyobs7(f): 9:51pm On Mar 21, 2015
He is from the North, am not surprised, they are very good at assasinating someone's characternin public to make them look like saints. For example El-rufai and Sanusi. He has their trait.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by cococandy(f): 9:52pm On Mar 21, 2015
They better kiss and make up.

Chimamanda hasn't fully realized how much ego even the most enlightened of Nigerian males is.

I blame her.

Next time she should thread carefully and avoid assuming that others are operating on the same frequency as her.
What constitutes a joke to her may mean more to him.
Even as her protege, he doesn't see himself as a learner under her.

Because I'm quite sure if she was a man, he would have problems with the term 'boy' even if it wasn't meant as a joke.

Next time be careful madam.

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Misogynist2014(m): 9:54pm On Mar 21, 2015
femi4:
Mourinho called his players "Kids".

What matter is the context in which its been used
Do you know how many years he took from each of them? If chimamanda were 15 yes older than him, this wouldn't have been news at all. Moreover, he's a man, he has his pride to protect. Just followed him on Twitter.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Misogynist2014(m): 9:56pm On Mar 21, 2015
femi4:
Men don show this one pepper
She's ludicrous grin

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by An0nimus: 10:00pm On Mar 21, 2015
Vickybee:

Other way round.

9 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 10:00pm On Mar 21, 2015
El-Nathan John was my course mate in Uni. I dare say that given half the oppurtunity that Chimamanda was given, he is a far better writer than she could ever hope to be.
A woman with a big ego is all I see.
A woman who thinks she is the be all and end all of writers and therefore should be worshipped.
She should give it a rest.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by stigman(m): 10:01pm On Mar 21, 2015
The truth is that northerner believe that women should be under men, that is why he is angry when u called him boy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 21, 2015
Very arrogant little biatch feeling on top of the world because she wrote some fairytales.

Someone saw you as a mentor; looked up to you for guidance yet you came to the public to call him one of your boys and you want him to come and hug you. Fuckingretard

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 21, 2015
El-Nathan John aka El-Joe was my course mate in Uni. I dare say that given half the oppurtunity that Chimamanda was given, he is a far better writer than she could ever hope to be.
A woman with a big ego is all I see.
A woman who thinks she is the be all and end all of writers and therefore should be worshipped.
She should give it a rest.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by MasterKtops(m): 10:03pm On Mar 21, 2015
daveP:
All i kept coming across as i read was email, email and emailer and boy....

Chima should please come up in some positive news when nxt i hear her pls. embarassed

Well, she was nominated for a Grammy award recently. But haters like you wouldn't care about that, will you?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chimamanda Adichie Blasts Elnathan John, A Writer From Kaduna In New Interview by CSTR: 10:03pm On Mar 21, 2015
What a nincompoop.
In a world where arrogant mediocres are celebrated, her so-called achievements are worth squat to me.
If she had the brains of more talented authors like ben okri and the likes, she'd probably demand to be worshipped.
Typical woman.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations / A UNILAG Babe's Twitter Love Story / "365": A Novelette

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.