Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town (50415 Views)

Husband And Wife Arrested And Arraigned For $8Million Scam In Lagos / 3 Nigerian Students Busted For Running Online 'love Scam' In Malaysia (pic) / Two Nigerians Arrested In Fake Currency Scam In The UAE (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town by wree91: 11:58am On Mar 22, 2015
A lady friend of mine just narrated to me what happened to her

She was in the waiting room of an office where she went to conduct some business when this guy walked up to her saying that she looked familiar and he believed that they were in camp together.

Being a long time my friend couldn't really remember but they exchanged numbers and started talking. He told her he lives in Akure, is widowed and has a daughter.

Within a week he introduced her to a lady over the phone claiming to be his mother, saying she lives and works in Asaba. They got talking, with the woman calling her several times a week while the guy was subtly hinting towards a relationship and marriage even though they had only met once and everything has been over the phone.

He now called my friend that he is travelling to the UK for a few days and will come to visit her in Abuja when he returns.

Some days after his departure his mother called my friend in a state of panic that his daughter had a fall in the bathroom and cracked her skull that the hospital needed 250k to run some tests and was wondering if my friend could help with the money, to which she (my friend) responded that she didn't have that kind of money.

The next day the doctor called her saying that the girls condition was serious and required surgery, and then asked if my friend could help raise some money.

My friend expressed her concern and promised to support in any way she could, but reiterated that she didn't have money.

As it stands both the guy and his supposed mother are no longer answering their phones. I believe they have moved on to the next mark.

108 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town by OsoDupe(f): 12:04pm On Mar 22, 2015
Uhmmm, these 419ers and their brain sha. Your friend should have requested for the picture of the daughter na.U ought to post that number of theirs here, so people can disturb the hell outta them.

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town by falconey(m): 12:04pm On Mar 22, 2015
smart

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town by tosyne2much(m): 12:04pm On Mar 22, 2015
Hmmmm !!!

I wouldn't put too much credence in this write-up

Scamming is a respecter of nobody, be ye a/an Pastor, Alufa, Bishop or an herbalist

2 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town by Princecalm(m): 12:11pm On Mar 22, 2015
Well that is not even how to scam people.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town by Enegod(m): 12:20pm On Mar 22, 2015
OP, thanks for sharing cool

1 Like

Re: Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town by Gabrielwilliams(m): 3:24pm On Mar 22, 2015
Nothing these people wouldn't do for money. After all is said and done, dey will b crying in future dat their child needs help. For real

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town by Bonapart(m): 9:09pm On Mar 22, 2015
Ladies falling for scammers becos of relationship since before the formation of the world

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town by adenine02: 9:10pm On Mar 22, 2015
This system still work on dum pple shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town by vicoloni(m): 9:11pm On Mar 22, 2015
That's quite new o
Re: Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town by niceguy7(m): 9:11pm On Mar 22, 2015
Naija I dey hail oo

1 Like

Re: Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 22, 2015
ok
Re: Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town by bright007(f): 9:11pm On Mar 22, 2015
how much did your friend give the woman?
Re: Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town by tiamiyukunle69(m): 9:12pm On Mar 22, 2015
Terrible scammers
Re: Ladies Beware, This Could Be The Latest Scam In Town by reaky(m): 9:12pm On Mar 22, 2015
Seriously
It's trending this days
I have saved a lady friend from this
Told her den that this is a cheap scam for my knowledge I thank God she found out on time

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CCTV Camera Captures Robbers Who Robbed A Man In Yaba (photos) / Thief Caught On Arik Air Flight From Lagos To Abuja (Photos, Video) / Northern Youth Goes Wild After Getting High On Illicit Drugs (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.