Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,246 members, 7,780,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:29 PM

Nigerian Rappers - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Rappers (4098 Views)

no / Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers / Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Rappers by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jan 20, 2009
I am not saying that there are no good rappers in nigeria, just saying that with many of them, there is MAJOR room for improvement, MAJORLY major.
Re: Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 9:08pm On Jan 20, 2009
lalaboi:

Gud. . .

Most Naija borns grow up speaking their local language more than english. English aint naija's 1st language, if not for slave trade will nigerians be speaking english? Dont think so.
You want them to upgrade their vocabs and make everone else dumb. . . . . ABINIBI is different from ABILITY. the fact that people born abroad tend to speak more english with strong VOCABs(although most of them cant spell it lol) and they understand it, dont mean a country like nigeria which their majority only learn the basic and dont give a damn about the vocabs can do it better than them. . . . .

Cheese n Rice. . . . . .How many English folks can read/write or even speak the language properly??
Half of em don't have a clue what the tenses or the structure are so the art is a level playing field.
If the likes of Wole Soyinka can rip literature n poetry. . . . .Chinua Achebe and co. . . .Why can't young Nigerians sit their asses down, think and spit out lyrics with substance??

Football wasnt created by the brazilians and they can do it better than the inventors. . . Englishmen
Their language is in built! it wasnt invented. . . , so the point about football doesnt count. . . .
If they choose to do it in yoruba. . .why not? they are in LASGIDI a yooba state. . . .
its like saying a french rapper should go to newyork city and start rapping in french and people will feel him

If they want to do it in yoruba style then they should drop the whole American swagger.
They should stop wearing baggy jeans and heavy chains!!!
U can't have it both ways.
I just k'inda like hearing lyrics with substance. Knowledge dropping is the KEY!!!
Re: Nigerian Rappers by lalaboi(m): 9:40pm On Jan 20, 2009
The likes of wole soyinka, chinua achebe are one in a million. . . . . .

The americans are the leaders in the game of rap. . .everyone copies them. . .them wearing baggie jeans and gold chains dont say nothing about what they rap.

I'm happy to what i listen to the few that i think are trying. . . . so lets leave it at that. . .

I rest ma case. . . .
Re: Nigerian Rappers by darequam(m): 11:45pm On Jan 20, 2009
Rap is like a nu bornbaby in 9ja, wait patiently for it to grow
Re: Nigerian Rappers by Bamsyle(m): 9:44am On Jan 21, 2009
@lalaboi

I said ma piece and kept ma peace . . . on this topic . . . but sumwhere along the line, I think there's been a lil' digression from what this thread actually stands for.

Basically, the impression I get from the original poster is that Nigerian rappers lack lyrical content and good rap artistry in general. And sincerely over the years of my rap listenership, I've come to discover that two thangs make a good rap artiste - Lyrics and Delivery. All other thangs are secondary.

I agree with you on some thangs. A Nigerian rapper can rap in his local parlance and still have an international appeal. However, wisdom is applicable here. If the whole rap verses are not done in that local parlance, it's acceptable IMO. For example, MI and Rugged mix plain English, pidgin and Yoruba language in their raps. IMO, this sounds good enough. I also got no prob with local choruses. But I'll give you a -ve example to illustrate my point. DAT NIGGA RAW. My days, I DO NOT LIKE THAT DUDE AT ALL. WTF? OMG, that guy sounds really wack to me. 2shotz also started out well but compromised. . .

But then like I said earlier, these dudes are atimes compelled to go wackie - cos of promoters, VJs/DJs/presenters and atimes even the wack audience. You see a major portion of Nigerians don't even know what Hip Hop is. The larger percentage of those who know Real Hip Hop are amongst the youth.

Well, I really don't have major probs with local parlance or not. What I'm on are Lyrics and Delivery. These 2 elements are the most important for any rapper. Mode is very promising on lyrics, Rugged/MI on delivery. If Mode can work well on his delivery, he'll be untouchable on the Naija Rap Scene. As for MI, I've observed that he's not really into lyrics - he just likes playin' around with words. Just like Eminem does. That's why I don't blame him for sayin' "Mo gbona felifeli/Yo' lyrics are smelly smelly" and stuff. He's playin' on words - the Nigerian way. Playin' by Nigerian standards. Given another playin' field, he might choose to play better. Or differently. Rugged is also not into lyrics. But he's very promising on delivery. But then ALL of them - including these 3 . . . HAVE A LOT OF WORK TO DO.

I disagree with you on one point - I believe that with a lot of hardwork, Nigerian rappers can outdo their American counterparts. Not in accent - they shouldn't even try that cheesy. In lyrics and delivery.

The issue of a rapper's dopeness or wackness is atimes difficult to explain in writing. But those who know real rap know when a rapper's hot. And when he's not.
Re: Nigerian Rappers by MojiEsther(f): 3:26pm On Jan 21, 2009
Quote from: MojiEsther on Yesterday at 04:51:22 PM
"i diss a Baba, i am not talking about Ethiopa", You can't decipher that? You can't even tell y and how it goes with the entire song?
I can tell you are not a rapper, a poet not to think a lyricist.

I can see you are a little bit spastic and demented.
How the hell is that punchline gon' be recognised internationally.
Isn't that what the OP was talking about in the first place about our music lacking substance??
It is so mis-directed as many artistes use 'Baba' in the Naija hip-hop industry. Mode9 coulda worded the punchline better.
He has no sense of direction.

You can't feel Banky W's/Rihanna song, fine, but you think its the most pathetic and laziest attempt at stardom.
Well, like tens of thousands of people dont think it is.

Cos the tens of thousands don't have class and a listening ear.
tens of millions of people also think Eedris is better than 50 cent so forget the figures and open your eyes.

I think your critisicm is not constructive, its illogically destructive. I smell beef,

I don't expect people who function on a negative integer IQ to see what i see.
Go home, go play with your toys.

Good day, Sauron, How are you doin? Howz kindergarten?
I refuse to come down to your level and then address you the way you just did.
I can tell your age?, level of intelligence, from the way you put your words.
You are so emotional about this forums and you dont have 'teets', Or do you?
If you know so well how about punchlines, how about releasing a single and putting ur music video on some international music channel? Chicken!
About the BankyW issue , You know nothing about the naija music business, i can tell u dont buy C'ds but beg for songs on NL. Ota aje!
Maybe you are one of the 'talented but no sense of biz artiste' , who keep doin music without having the third party(consumers) in mind, You no go sell!And nobody go come your show.
You think tens of thousands dont have a listening ear? I rest my case! Now its many against one.
Your argument lacks content. Shut down your system! If you dont you'll be banned on NL!
Re: Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 3:39pm On Jan 21, 2009
MojiEsther:

Good day, Sauron, How are you doin? Howz kindergarten?
I refuse to come down to your level and then address you the way you just did.
I can tell your age?,  level of intelligence,  from the way you put your words.

Seeing u cannot even use the "quote" button, i guess i was right when i said your IQ is subzero. grin
I suggest you buy yourself some artificial intelligence.

You are so emotional about this forums and you dont have 'teets', Or do you?
If you know so well how about punchlines, how about releasing a single and putting ur music video on some international music channel? Chicken!
About the BankyW issue , You know nothing about the naija music business, i can tell u dont buy C'ds but beg for songs on NL. Ota aje!
Maybe you are one of the 'talented but no sense of biz artiste' ,  who keep doin music without having the third party(consumers) in mind, You no go sell!And nobody go come your show.

Yet anutha waste of bandwidth. . . . . .

Show me where i said i was an artiste or beg for songs?? Do u think with the sole of your feet??
Doing business without having 3rd party in mind is the reason a full grown adult would remix "umbrella" to "Ebute Metta".
I am not sorry to say u are retarded.

You think tens of thousands dont have a listening ear? I rest my case! Now its many against one.
Your argument lacks content. Shut down your system! If you dont you'll be banned on NL!

15 million Nigerians still think there's nuthing wrong with female genital mutilation(does that make it right??)
I am done arguing with simpletons on the net.
You need to STFU cos your breath stinks.
Take 50 cents, go get yourself some peppermint.
Re: Nigerian Rappers by MojiEsther(f): 3:56pm On Jan 21, 2009
I dont understand these people oh. The poster is talking bout lyrics and made reference to one of the trying nigerian rappers as rubbish. and errbody is saying yea yea he's right.

yea he's right. but he still doesnt know what he's talking about. he doesnt listen to naija rap. that was the 1st time he'll listen to it(in his uncles car ) and then he used that little piece he heard to judge the whole nigerian rappers. waaahhh? he didnt even bother making a research or sumn. Instead of him to ask for the best out of the best in naija, he's busy badmouthing all of them.

Did nigerians start rap or what? how are they supposed to do it better than those that do it abroad. .? unless or maybe they grew up there. No one can tell me a full proper nigerian, born and bred, will do rap better than someone who grew up abroad. . . . .the vocabs compared to what guy learn in naija is just different . . . . . . . .

So, the little that do it and people feel them are trying. . . .they dont need to do at the same level as the kanyes, jayzs, nas's and so on.
its naija. . . .and rocking naija is enough. . . .if you feel they dont appeal to you, simply close ya earz whenever their songs are being played. . . . .

Thank you so much. That was so on point!
I wonder why some people are so quick to critisize without first doing some research and thinking,
Is there anything wrong with aiming to be a 'global brand with a Nigerian perception'?
Re: Nigerian Rappers by MojiEsther(f): 4:09pm On Jan 21, 2009
@ Sauron

Yes, of course you are not an artiste, how can you be? Thats y u know nothing about Naija music/music business and you are so in a hurry to run your crooked fingers on your bosses'overdue to be changed' pentium 1 desktop computer! Oops, you've got no job. If you do, you'll sound more responsible and stop talking to people like an uncivilized man? boy!.
Keep quiet when we talk about music/music business, you have no idea. You can contribute when sissies open a thread!
Yes i cant use the 'quote' well, i noticed. Maybe you should teach me, since you are the one who wants to teach all Naija rappers how to rap. Olodo!
Re: Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 4:19pm On Jan 21, 2009
MojiEsther:

@ Sauron
Yes, of course you are not an artiste, how can you be? Thats y u know nothing about Naija music/music business and you are so in a hurry to run your crooked fingers on your bosses'overdue to be changed' pentium 1 desktop computer! Oops, you've got no job. If you do, you'll sound more responsible and stop talking to people like an uncivilized man? boy!.

Stop disgracing your worthless self on a public forum.
What has pentium 1 desktop gotta do with this debate?? One problem about Mushin-residents like you is your pseudo-attitude of always trying to preach opulence when you are poverty-stricken.
I won't even lower meself to airbrush your cob-webbed brain cells.

Keep quiet when we talk about music/music business, you have no idea. You can contribute when sissies open a thread!
Yes i cant use the 'quote' well, i noticed. Maybe you should teach me, since you are the one who wants to teach all Naija rappers how to rap. Olodo!

What do u know about music/music business?? U think sitting down at home on ur fat-ass to watch MITV is knowing about music??
Be smart, don't be a retard!!! tongue
Re: Nigerian Rappers by javalove(m): 4:49pm On Jan 21, 2009
@Moji

The earlier u ignore Sauron, the berra for u. He was on my neck too sometimes back too but i discovered his brain is watery. It cant hold nothing

Can som1 bring us back on track. I'm enjoying this thread
Re: Nigerian Rappers by MojiEsther(f): 4:51pm On Jan 21, 2009
@ Sauron

Close that dictionary! , It took you so much time to search for the right words to fix in this reply message.
Dust your C.V( If you have one) and go get a job since you are not a music artiste( cos you lack talent).
What i know about music busines, you'll be shocked! My boy, and thats why i can be here cos i know what i'm talking about when i do. And when i dont, i don't say anything.Unlike you,
Meanwhile i don't have a fat ass, you should read my signature line( if you can think and read).
And its not sitted at home, its sitted at MY OFFICE. So i have nothing to lose,
I derive pleasure in helping you exhibit your folly and lack of masculinity on NL.
And guess what? Again, you are so emotional about this issue, you've being distracted from the topic at hand. Sissy girl!
Re: Nigerian Rappers by MojiEsther(f): 5:01pm On Jan 21, 2009
Thanks javalove. I think i'll stick to your advice.
Back to the topic at hand jare,
Re: Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 5:29pm On Jan 21, 2009
javalove:

@Moji
The earlier u ignore Sauron, the berra for u. He was on my neck too sometimes back too but i discovered his brain is watery. It cant hold nothing

U just have to put ur eczema-stained nose in this biz, right??

MojiEsther:

@ Sauron

Close that dictionary! , It took you so much time to search for the right words to fix in this reply message.
Dust your C.V( If you have one) and go get a job since you are not a music artiste( cos you lack talent).
What i know about music busines, you'll be shocked! My boy, and thats why i can be here cos i know what i'm talking about when i do. And when i dont, i don't say anything.Unlike you,

Close me dictionary?? Are u okay??
U know nowt about music business so tape it shut!!!
Only a complete pillock would say BankyW's Rihanna-remix makes any iota of sense.
And of course, with dimwits like u populating Nigeria, i now know BankyW has a target audience of plonkers.

Meanwhile i don't have a fat ass, you should read my signature line( if you can think and read).
And its not sitted at home, its sitted at MY OFFICE. So i have nothing to lose,
I derive pleasure in helping you exhibit your folly and lack of masculinity on NL.
And guess what? Again, you are so emotional about this issue, you've being distracted from the topic at hand. Sissy girl!

Sitted?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Abi SEATED?? angry angry angry angry
When are we going to get rid of these half-baked graduates??
What is sitted?? Are u sure u passed through the four walls of any school at all??
"Sitted"?? My 6-month old puppy won't make such humongous error.
Take me advice, stop disgracing urself in public.
Re: Nigerian Rappers by shotster50(m): 11:29pm On Jan 21, 2009
I think the problem here is not just the fact that there very few good rappers in Nigeria. I think it is a problem of trying to to find a balance between American hip hop and our African culture. Since there is no written guideline on that, I guess this guys will keep doing what they are doing till the art becomes evolved.
Re: Nigerian Rappers by smurf1(f): 11:34pm On Jan 21, 2009
embarassed undecided undecided
Re: Nigerian Rappers by tosinaded(m): 4:56pm On Jan 23, 2009
sauron calm downure a moderator u shouldnt be excchanging words anymore u know
Re: Nigerian Rappers by bgees(m): 5:35pm On Jan 23, 2009
sauron don become moderator? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Rappers by darequam(m): 6:40pm On Jan 23, 2009
Haha! What a shit the thread has turned to, why r u guys blazing urselves, Easy Oh
@sauron
u never mail me i'm serious we've got to do a track. EHEN!
Re: Nigerian Rappers by javalove(m): 6:35pm On Jan 24, 2009
darequam:

Haha! What a shit the thread has turned to, why r u guys blazing urselves, Easy Oh
@sauron

mumu
Re: Nigerian Rappers by darequam(m): 8:11pm On Jan 24, 2009
@java
wetin do u?
What's ur post suppose to mean?
Why did u post ur botanical name under my post?
Don't tell me u want a piece of me again (babwire).
Do remember that?
I didn't even aim at u wit ma post.
Re: Nigerian Rappers by Sauron1: 10:46pm On Jan 24, 2009
bgees:

sauron don become moderator? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Are u serious?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

darequam:

@sauron

I have mailed u THRICE.
Send me the beats, l'emme ride on your beats with spiritual lyrics that would make Mode9 quake in his boots. grin

tosinaded@:

sauron calm down ure a moderator u shouldnt be excchanging words anymore u know

Being a mod does not take ma rights to bear arms
Re: Nigerian Rappers by A40(m): 1:39am On Jan 25, 2009
darequam:

@java
wetin do u?
Do remember that?
You guys are straight clowning grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers by javalove(m): 4:19pm On Jan 25, 2009
darequam:

@java
wetin do u?
Do remember that?

why u dey deny d name wey pastor take time read out for congregation on ur child dedication.

maybe i didnt get the spelling or better still MU-MU or MUM-U or M-UMU.
Re: Nigerian Rappers by tosinaded(m): 4:58pm On Jan 25, 2009
Java ure beginning so sound dumb this days!
Re: Nigerian Rappers by javalove(m): 5:35pm On Jan 25, 2009
@rosin

na d people wey old pass me for ur house u dey follow talk
Re: Nigerian Rappers by tosinaded(m): 5:44pm On Jan 25, 2009
I know say the msg dan sink
Re: Nigerian Rappers by helenpee(f): 7:18pm On Jan 26, 2009
lol, u guys are derailing the thread
Re: Nigerian Rappers by darequam(m): 6:07pm On Jan 27, 2009
(Freestyle)

Wetin de do dis POMO-GUY
He makes the thread goes SO rowdy rowdy
and make everybody wanna act crazy like him.
He starts 2 be phony then,
he start to look funny.
Some niga starts laughn and he thinks its is CREDIBILITY
Sounds so INCREDIBLE that he is not even SENSIBLE cus all he does is GRUMBLE whenever he's told he's FUMBLING.

WHO?
, U kno who.
Re: Nigerian Rappers by javalove(m): 8:08pm On Jan 27, 2009
darequam:

(Freestyle)

Wetin de do dis POMO-GUY
He makes the thread goes SO rowdy rowdy
and make everybody wanna act crazy like him.
He starts 2 be phony then,
he start to look funny.
Some niga starts laughn and he thinks its is CREDIBILITY
Sounds so INCREDIBLE that he is not even SENSIBLE cus all he does is GRUMBLE whenever he's told he's FUMBLING.

WHO?
, U kno who.

yawn !!!
Re: Nigerian Rappers by darequam(m): 11:08pm On Jan 28, 2009
Dropped a froggy into the disgusting tunnel.
And waits for his next crazy post,
Re: Nigerian Rappers by darequam(m): 11:09pm On Jan 28, 2009
Dropped a froggy into the disgusting tunnel.
And waits for his next crazy post,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Gospel Music: Sinachi - No One Knows (2016) / Lil Kesh Ft Wizkid X Justin Bieber Video / M.i & Iceberg Slim Face-2-face Freestyle Battle @ The Nea Awards Last Nite(video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.