Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,473 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Nigerian Rappers - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Rappers (4111 Views)

no / Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers / Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Rappers by darequam(m): 11:10pm On Jan 28, 2009
Dropped a froggy into the disgusting tunnel.
And waits for his next crazy move,
Re: Nigerian Rappers by darequam(m): 11:10pm On Jan 28, 2009
Dropped a froggy into the disgusting tunnel.
And waits for his next crazy move,
Re: Nigerian Rappers by darne(m): 2:49am On Jan 29, 2009
hey guys you dont have to talk bad about MI Okay, grin grin
hes da bomb and hes a good rapper better Rugged mand cheesy
whos sucks Kid?? lipsrsealed,
MI jor, grin
better still Mode9, Ovadose, Illbliss, Ibo boy, cheesy grin
We are Nigerians we should try to Appreciate Our Artistes , even though they are not doing fine like JIgga and Nas or Fitty, well they are still gonna be recognised worldwide, M.I, kiss kiss
Re: Nigerian Rappers by tosinaded(m): 4:12am On Jan 29, 2009
Hiss!
Re: Nigerian Rappers by BloodShed1: 11:03am On Jan 29, 2009
Wow, Naija hip-hop has a looooooooong way to go.

They should stop trying to sound American, especially Southern American. As for the ones that dont form their accents, LEARN TO RHYME PROPERLY, not those nursery rhymes I keep hearing.

''Break bottles like breakables'', still grieving over that.
Re: Nigerian Rappers by lalaboi(m): 11:24am On Jan 29, 2009
Blood_Shed:

Wow, Naija hip-hop has a looooooooong way to go.

They should stop trying to sound American, especially Southern American. As for the ones that dont form their accents, LEARN TO RHYME PROPERLY, not those nursery rhymes I keep hearing.

''Break bottles like breakables'', still grieving over that.

Created a topic like this, caused huge arguements,
even wasted my time posting links to nice songs for you,  Not even a feedback,
And u come to spew some diluted rubbish again,  Bogus Mofo, 
If you can do better like u said earlier, Actions speaks louder than words!!
Re: Nigerian Rappers by BloodShed1: 3:37pm On Jan 29, 2009
lalaboi:

Created a topic like this, caused huge arguements,
even wasted my time posting links to nice songs for you, Not even a feedback,
And u come to spew some diluted rubbish again, Bogus Mofo,
If you can do better like u said earlier, Actions speaks louder than words!!

LOL I aint a rapper but give me time, if I was to frestyle on the spot I'll sound better than ''your lyrics are smelly-smelly'' LMAO. But I aint heard any other songs by M.I and the only reason I aint downloaded it is because I cant do that where I'm at. I'll probably try tomorrow though.

This better be worth my time lol.
Re: Nigerian Rappers by lalaboi(m): 8:58pm On Jan 29, 2009
Blood_Shed:

LOL I aint a rapper but give me time, if I was to frestyle on the spot I'll sound better [/b]than ''your lyrics are smelly-smelly'' LMAO. But I aint heard any other songs by M.I and the only reason I aint downloaded it is because I cant do that where I'm at. I'll probably try tomorrow though.

This better be worth my time lol.

Wait, which rappers were I talking about with each of those lyrics? Name names, I want to listen to those songs with those lyrics just fora good laugh. PLEASE??! Someone make my day lol.

[b]Shit, I dont even rap, but I can deliver better than them. And I mean it, I really think its that bad

U r so fake,
Re: Nigerian Rappers by ksmallsz(m): 7:18am On Jan 30, 2009
check-out the Inspired up and comin Rapper from Nigeria. Lyrics are off tha hook, the kid doing he's only 21.

K SMALLS -Z (KSZ) is currently working on an album.
http://www.showcaseyourmusic.com/ksmallsz

u can send your comments on the songs to ksmallsz@hotmail.com
Re: Nigerian Rappers by ksmallsz(m): 7:20am On Jan 30, 2009
check-out the Inspired up and comin Rapper from Nigeria. Lyrics are off tha hook, the kid doing he's only 21.

K SMALLS -Z (KSZ) is currently working on his first album. Titled: I'm Movin on now, ( watch-out in ya neighbourhood )
http://www.showcaseyourmusic.com/ksmallsz

u can send your comments on the songs to ksmallsz@hotmail.com
Re: Nigerian Rappers by DOGGMAN: 12:24pm On Jan 30, 2009
i agree wit the poster, his sure right even mode9 spit bulls**t sometimes in his rap, MI d wost and so on. i prefer to use my money to buy Ajasa and Dagrin and if i want to listen to fone rap, i will rather go for Americans Mc's album than listen to rappers using nusery rhymes. wink
to me rap is rap, keep it real,
dont try to be, wanna be, be urself. we are who are, NIGERIANS
God loves Hip Hop.
God bless us all
God bless Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Rappers by khanye(m): 12:42pm On Jan 30, 2009
DOGGMAN:

i agree wit the poster, his sure right even mode9 spit bulls**t sometimes in his rap, MI d wost and so on. i prefer to use my money to buy Ajasa and Dagrin and if i want to listen to fone rap, i will rather go for Americans Mc's album than listen

Proper local boy grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:14am On Mar 31, 2009
Why are people hating on MI Abaga? The guy is the TRUTH!!!
Re: Nigerian Rappers by BloodShed1: 1:28pm On Mar 31, 2009
JosBoy4Lif:

Why are people hating on MI Abaga? The guy is the TRUTH!!!

You can't be serious.
Re: Nigerian Rappers by moneyskid(m): 3:26pm On Apr 20, 2016
Ijakumo wo! ha ha, :intro-- MONEYSKID, skoran, prod by pc recrd, title, fake rappers!!
v (1)
u are fake/ ur rap is fake,ur mother voice sound like drake/ u are still a baby when i start rapping/ u even cal me daddy/and am happy/ ask ur family they are going 2 talk about me/, igba ti mo bere kosi eni tori mi/
mo wa rap ni gbo gbo shows won ro ejo lori mi, my rap sound like bomb/ try me u wil turn 2 dumb/ i they here they kil many beat/u knw i be ijakumo am the beast/
u step on my shit/
skoran!!!!
oro mi dami loju/ mio ki rin bi afo ju/ i be nic guy bere mi lowo peju/ listing 2 my rap oti dun ju/ awon elo mi won ni teeth/ no house i go sleep ma sun sori street./ if u dot lke me u hate urseif/ dont compare me with fake rappers/
v 2
they dont hav talent na copy copy/ stay der make i cll police/ jesus is lord pastor they toast iya kafaya/ mr umoru/ my dog they eat person e ye ma rin lo ru/
go bak 2 school fake rappers!!!!?08145845073 for shows or party,
Re: Nigerian Rappers by Gabbyraze(m): 2:24pm On Apr 21, 2016
Bamsyle:
Guys, poster does really have a point.

As easy as some think Rap Music sounds, it's not an easy art. You need to be armed with a lot of tools to be called a real rapper of international reckoning. Of these tools I think impressive lyrics with a corresponding on-point delivery or flow are the most important. A rapper is like a messenger. First, a messenger needs a message. But then he needs to deliver it well to be listened to. I remember the town criers that I used to see in some home videos back then. These guys go to town with a message . . . coupled with a sonorous/captivating voice and a gong to deliver it. Come to think of it, on finishing they even ask their audience - "Have I spoken well?" Shows how important your audience should be to you as a messenger. Your message must be delivered to 'em gracefully and effectively.

In Nigeria, rappers still got a lot of work to do to be regarded as rappers of international standards. That's why there's this pervading appreciation for singers more than rappers - in today's Nigeria. Which rapper in Nigeria enjoys international recognition like 2face, 9ice, Femi Kuti, Majek Fashek et al? Nigerian rappers need to take thangs to another level.

But then you may not all agree with me but like I said earlier, rap is more difficult as a music art than singing. A lot of peops don't understand that rappers also need music/voice training just like their singing counterparts. They need to learn MUSIC. They need to learn how to play instruments. Some so-called Nigerian rappers just walk up to the mic and spit nonsense. They brag and boast all the time, not knowing that most of the stuff their American colleagues brag about are real. It's not even about blings. What are the 4 elements of hip hop? MCing/Rap, Break-dance, DJ-ing and Graffiti. Rappers who have these on top of their minds can't but get respect. Rappers need to master the very first element very well - Mcing/Rap. That's where delivery and lyrics come in.

But then again the standard of Hip Hop has been lowered/compromised in Nigeria *and even the world over*. Marketers, promoters, producers, managers etc now dictate what these rappers should rap about. Not only rap, they dictate what music should sound like in Nigeria. I do know a lot of artistes in Nigeria who could sound a lot better if given a level playing ground. But these above mentioned people, plus DJs and presenters are the ones killing the game. They insist on club-bangers all the time. No messages. Just dance. No skills. If you make sensible music they won't play it. Just put a commercial producer on your joint and presto - there goes another hit song. That's bullsh*t.

We as a people have come to accept this brainwash. We now believe that songs must be all dance and no message. I'm not against dance but THERE MUST BE A MESSAGE! Not only that. As a rapper, whatever happened to wordplay, wit, humour, wisecracks, etc? And this is even spreading round the world. When rap was rap, an MC was a god. Commanded awe, respect, power. . .

A lot of questions come up in my mind. With the hungry DJs that we have, how won't the standards be compromised? They dictate what artistes should play. Everything has been commercialized. It's all banging banging and zero sense. Hardly do we hear sensible music on radio anymore. These DJs also get paid to play. That's nonsense.

In Nigeria, 3 rappers show a lot of prospects - Mode9, Ruggedman & MI. Whilst the first is lyrical, the last 2 are nice with delivery. Imagine a cross-breed between Mode and Rugged/MI . . .

Nigerian rappers need to study international acts like Biggie, Nas, 2pac, Eminem and know what they got going for 'em . . .

Well, can't stress it enough. A good rapper needs impressive lyrics and great delivery. Without these then we might as well say "Not Yet Uhuru".
You are soo on point homie...only one rapper gets close to those qualities you mentioned and that person is PROVERB. I can boldly say he got all,lyrics,delivery,storyline,message and he doesn't use curse words ever.
Goto waptrick and download most of his songs,then you will know 9ja rappers still dey learn.
Re: Nigerian Rappers by DoubleSixMUZIK(m): 9:47pm On Apr 21, 2016
@OP Nigeria has got some exceptionally talented MCs. Mode 9, Double Six, Vector, Jesse Jagz, Double K, Lyrikal etc etc. Dope MCs Yakpa for Naija bro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Instrumental: Patoranking Ft Sarkodie – No Kissing / Lil Kesh Ft Wizkid X Justin Bieber Video / Timaya And Nico Gravity: Is Timaya In Jail?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.