Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria (104866 Views)

Which Is Better? Automatic Transmission Or Manual Transmission / Is Power Sterring Fluid Diffrent From Automatic Transmission Fluid? / Which Do You Prefer - Manual Or Automatic Transmission? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Xclusivdon: 4:13pm On Jan 12, 2016
Guys. i have been following this thread and i must say you guys are doing a marvelous job.

i drive an 06 Honda accord (DC) and just recently it started blinking on "grin". what could be the issue?
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Xclusivdon: 4:13pm On Jan 12, 2016
blinking on D
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 6:52am On Jan 13, 2016
Xclusivdon:
Guys. i have been following this thread and i must say you guys are doing a marvelous job.

i drive an 06 Honda accord (DC) and just recently it started blinking on "grin". what could be the issue?

Check ATF level, if low, get DW1 and top up. If it's still blinking, scan for fault codes.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by wealthyhrt: 8:14am On Jan 13, 2016
you guys are wonderful.Keep up the Good job.

please i drive a 99 toyota corrolla automatic. my odometer works fine sometimes and everything is fine,but sometimes the odometer trips off on d cluster and my gear selection wont be smooth again and the engine will go high to enter gear 2 sometimes the odometer comes on again.please what do i do?
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by valarinz: 5:07pm On Jan 13, 2016
autowiz:
We have come to notice during our series of transmission repairs that Nigerians are of the opinion that transmission overhauls and repairs are not reliable here. but they truly are if it is done right. Autowiz nig has been fixing gear problems in Nigeria for a while with warrantee the customers are happy. We will be happy to help you with yours. Give us a call for assistance 08060018388 or post your complaints here.

Good day,

Please i need to know the actual cost of auto gear of 2002 mazda 626LX and what it will cost to replace it to proper functionality.

Thanks
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by wealthyhrt: 8:28pm On Jan 14, 2016
please talk to me @autowiz
wealthyhrt:
you guys are wonderful.Keep up the Good job.
please i drive a 99 toyota corrolla automatic. my odometer works fine sometimes and everything is fine,but sometimes the odometer trips off on d cluster and my gear selection wont be smooth again and the engine will go high to enter gear 2 sometimes the odometer comes on again.please what do i do?
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by casid: 7:47am On Jan 21, 2016
I have a gear problem with my Honda accord 1999. All measures have been tried and to solutions but I have made up my mind to buy another gear. I need your brotherly advice on what to look at for before buying it because our people are funny when it comes to matters like this. They claim to sell a tokunbo gear but sometime it is a repaired one. Kindly advice on the gear oil to buy, if it requires scanning after/before and other things to watch out for.

Again, lights like ABS, SRS and Engine check displays and the mechanic said if I change the gear box, they will all disappear.

Thanks for your help and other suggestion is welcome.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by autowiz: 10:31am On Jan 21, 2016
casid:
I have a gear problem with my Honda accord 1999. All measures have been tried and to solutions but I have made up my mind to buy another gear. I need your brotherly advice on what to look at for before buying it because our people are funny when it comes to matters like this. They claim to sell a tokunbo gear but sometime it is a repaired one. Kindly advice on the gear oil to buy, if it requires scanning after/before and other things to watch out for.

Again, lights like ABS, SRS and Engine check displays and the mechanic said if I change the gear box, they will all disappear.

Thanks for your help and other suggestion is welcome.
Changing the gear box will not make ABS and SRS lights go away they are they are different systems

When buying a gear check the colour, quality and smell of the oil in it.
then look around it for signs of earlier repair like worn bolts, gasket gum use and replaced seals
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by casid: 10:50am On Jan 21, 2016
autowiz:

Changing the gear box will not make ABS and SRS lights go away they are they are different systems

then look around it for signs of earlier repair like worn bolts, gasket gum use and replaced seals

Thanks Boss.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by casid: 5:48pm On Jan 21, 2016
autowiz:

Tru Value Tru Value Multi-Purpose ATF - Dexron III/Mercon.. I saw this on Jumia. Can I use this for Honda Accord 1999 4clyd for my gear oil?
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by sharpsharp: 11:10pm On Jan 21, 2016
ABS light came on for Lexus after mech. worked on both front shaft and ball joint.
P0500 Vehicle speed sensor A was displayed on scan tool. Anyone in here know which speed sensor is A, if it's the drivers side or passengers side in front? Urgent reply needed to avoid trial by error. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by MrJames007: 11:26pm On Jan 21, 2016
Autowiz and all the TECHs in d house I greet u.

Please what is the cost for a tokunbo transmission of 2003 MDX. I'm sure the system is dead because I ignorantly used seahorse dextron 111 ATF instead of the recommended ATF. It all started when I drive the MDX the RPM will read high while the speed of the vehicle remains slow while in 'Drive'. After sometime it will pick up. It kept on that way until it finally became worst. As it is right now, the ride won't be able to climb a speed bump from a standstill even if you ground the throttle. The ATF is dirty brown(almost black) in color and it smells burnt. I've not taken it for diagnosis yet because I know it would require replacing the whole system(transmission). So I want to know the cost to expect before towing it to the workshop.
Please how much is it?
Do you sell it?
Can you help me buy it if ready?
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 3:03am On Jan 22, 2016
sharpsharp:
ABS light came on for Lexus after mech. worked on both front shaft and ball joint.
P0500 Vehicle speed sensor A was displayed on scan tool. Anyone in here know which speed sensor is A, if it's the drivers side or passengers side in front? Urgent reply needed to avoid trial by error. Thanks in anticipation.

locate the club lexus thread in cartalk and lets start from there, youre sure to find better response and answers there. Thanks.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Omike85(m): 5:04am On Jan 22, 2016
please I have a Lexus ls400 car with "ect pwr" light comes up and starts blinking anytime I accelerate. scanned for codes and it gave p0773 shift solenoid e electrical. a mechanic changed the shift solenoid e for me and new trans fluid but still the same... what could be wrong?
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by santakris(m): 6:08am On Jan 22, 2016
sharpsharp:
Sir, your mechanic must have tampered with the wire that connect the speed sensor. The mechanics use to cut this wire to allow them work at times because it is short. My advice remove the front tire yourself and check critically for any cut or disconnected wire.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Kashif(m): 12:13pm On Jan 25, 2016
Omike85:
please I have a Lexus ls400 car with "ect pwr" light comes up and starts blinking anytime I accelerate. scanned for codes and it gave p0773 shift solenoid e electrical. a mechanic changed the shift solenoid e for me and new trans fluid but still the same... what could be wrong?

At what gear range does this happen, or does it happen anytime you accelerate at any range? Was the replacement solenoid tested before installation? If yes, how? Do you have any driveability issue - slips, shudders, flares? If not, check your atf level and top up as required. Level might be low, or filter might be dirty. Toyotas are very touchy when it comes to those damn solenoids.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by autowiz: 10:16am On Feb 04, 2016
MrJames007:
Autowiz and all the TECHs in d house I greet u.

Please what is the cost for a tokunbo transmission of 2003 MDX. I'm sure the system is dead because I ignorantly used seahorse dextron 111 ATF instead of the recommended ATF. It all started when I drive the MDX the RPM will read high while the speed of the vehicle remains slow while in 'Drive'. After sometime it will pick up. It kept on that way until it finally became worst. As it is right now, the ride won't be able to climb a speed bump from a standstill even if you ground the throttle. The ATF is dirty brown(almost black) in color and it smells burnt. I've not taken it for diagnosis yet because I know it would require replacing the whole system(transmission). So I want to know the cost to expect before towing it to the workshop.
Please how much is it?
Do you sell it?
Can you help me buy it if ready?
The gear should range btw 100-150k
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by balogunsam(m): 2:51am On Feb 05, 2016
Hi guys, please help me out here.
Since we bought our ford Windstar 1999 we have been experiencing that the O/D light begins to flash when we are on the express and travel for like 10 minutes. It does not do so when driven in town where gears have to change occasionally due to traffic and co. We have changed the transmission twice but still the same thing happens over and over. By the time we reach our travelling destination we would be forcing the vehicle to pick up or change gears, then the transmission smokes lightly like its overheating. Some said its an electrical issue, some said gear etc...please help...thanks.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by kingreign(m): 12:11pm On Feb 05, 2016
Xclusivdon:

Na wa o, you didn't give me a reply again.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Charmarlegne: 6:43am On Jun 26, 2016
@gazzuz I really appreciate the great advice you and the other techies are dishing out here.
Here goes my issues. I drive an Audi a4 v6 2000 model. Automatic transmission. Changed the tranny a month ago and recently changed the oil pump and converter which was causing atf leak due to a minor accident. Just yesterday the car refused to enter reverse gear. It doesn't even notify reverse on the dashboard. It only enters reverse after the gear brainbox is unplugged from the car. However, diagnostic machine revealed that nothing was wrong with the brainbox. The gear lever has been recalibrated, but the fault still persists. Help a brother.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by AbeOwolabi(m): 10:02pm On Jun 29, 2016
Good evening all, my Honda Accord EOD 2003/2004 model has gear problem. The car isn't moving at all when you start and engaged the gear. Pls who knows a very good affordable trustworthy and sincere repairer at Ladipo? Pls I need his number urgently. Thanks.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by AbeOwolabi(m): 6:17am On Jun 30, 2016
Pls who is good at repairing car gears in Lagos. My Honda Accord 2003/04 model popularly called EOD is starting but when I engage the gear, it doesn't move or select at all. Can someone assist pls?
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by mialate: 8:06pm On Jul 11, 2016
Hi great men, I drive a Nissan Maxima 1998 model
Issues:
1. In reverse it jerks really hard before taking off same thing when it's in drive.
2. Morning ritual: it just never goes into drive without delays so if in hurry you need to use 2 or 1 for about 2 to 3 mins before it slides nicely into drive. At this point it doesn't give the hard jerk noise like the engine is about to fall off. Someone standing close by feels the jerk noise. Please I need a solution. Am based in Lagos
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by dubaiprince: 7:19am On Jul 12, 2016
Hello house, my car started vibrating as a result of a bad ignition coil. This was changed and it stopped. Now, when I start my vehicle and apply too much pressure on the throttle when hitting the road, the engine goes off. It starts without hesitation. What could be the cause of the engine going off? Gear problem as gear oil is kind of brownish? Spark plugs or coil not properly fixed or something with the gas pedal? Car is a Toyota matrix 2003. Thanks
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Kashif(m): 2:58pm On Jul 12, 2016
dubaiprince:
Hello house, my car started vibrating as a result of a bad ignition coil. This was changed and it stopped. Now, when I start my vehicle and apply too much pressure on the throttle when hitting the road, the engine goes off. It starts without hesitation. What could be the cause of the engine going off? Gear problem as gear oil is kind of brownish? Spark plugs or coil not properly fixed or something with the gas pedal? Car is a Toyota matrix 2003. Thanks

Can't seem to figure out what transmission issue that could be causing engine to stall at acceleration. If while coming to a stop then we know what to look out for.

Get a competent hand to check your engine tuning. Meanwhile, change your transmission oil since you say it is brown.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Kashif(m): 3:01pm On Jul 12, 2016
mialate:
Hi great men, I drive a Nissan Maxima 1998 model.
Issues:
1. In reverse it jerks really hard before taking off same thing when it's in drive.
2. Morning ritual: it just never goes into drive without delays so if in hurry you need to use 2 or 1 for about 2 to 3 mins before it slides nicely into drive. At this point it doesn't give the hard jerk noise like the engine is about to fall off. Someone standing close by feels the jerk noise. Please I need a solution. Am based in Lagos

I suspect high line pressure, broken accumulator springs or worn clutches.

MODIFIED:

Did not read properly; now I understand it happens only cold. Meaning accumulator spring and clutch should be struck off the suspect list. Line pressure control system is where my money is.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by mialate: 10:52am On Jul 13, 2016
Kashif:

Thanks Kashif, do you know any good mech who can check and fix..
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 13, 2016
mialate:
Hi great men, I drive a Nissan Maxima 1998 model.
Issues:
Sounds like what's called "morning sickness" in the Nissan community. As possible causes Kashif has suggested "high line pressure, broken accumulator springs or worn clutches." All very well, though I'm inclined with the first mentioned. The first two form part of the valve body, while the third are inside the trans case. If we opt for the clutches, the decision to head straight for another gear box might be more immediately compelling. Now to the valve body. Your transmission model is titled RE4F04A, and the valve body is primarily driven by an assembly (kit) of 5 solenoid valves, namely: toque converter clutch solenoid valve; overrun clutch solenoid valve; shift solenoid valve A; shift solenoid valve B; line pressure solenoid valve. I think your present symptom is the result of a clogged line pressure solenoid valve, and the fact that valve has not gone bad electronically explains why there are no error codes. Since the solenoid does not come as a single unit it means the entire assembly of 5 has to be replaced. [The revised version of the kit with part number 31940-80X25 costs less than $100, less by some $200 to the original version-31940-80X05] If you are lucky to have a patient mechanic (working in a neat environment), he could bring down the valve body and an attempt may be made to clean the line pressure solenoid valve by spraying a carb cleaner through the two small holes at the side of the valve. The valve body too should be properly drained. In all of this, there are three options: (i) attempt to clean the line pressure solenoid valve; (ii) replace the solenoid valve kit with a new one; (iii) replace the gear box with a used one as locally available.
Continued use as it is would in time damage the return/accumulator springs and the clutches.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Kashif(m): 5:40pm On Jul 13, 2016
mialate:

Thanks Kashif, do you know any good mech who can check and fix..

You will need to leave the vehicle there overnight.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by mialate: 5:48pm On Jul 16, 2016
Ok thanks. Please send the contact of the mech who can handle it.

Kashif:

MODIFIED:

Did not read properly; now I understand it happens only cold. Meaning accumulator spring and clutch should be struck off the suspect list. Line pressure control system is where my money is.
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Oladimejii(m): 6:52am On Sep 18, 2016
My Car.. a Mazda 626 1998 model started giving problems about 2 weeks ago. It will change to the second gear from the first with a jerk and the overdrive light will start blinking. I did an oil flush and had the mechanic clean the filter but the problem still persists. I'm yet to scan though. Please help!
Re: Automatic Transmission And Gear Repairs In Nigeria by Kashif(m): 3:14pm On Sep 18, 2016
Oladimejii:
My Car.. a Mazda 626 1998 model started giving problems about 2 weeks ago. It will change to the second gear from the first with a jerk and the overdrive light will start blinking. I did an oil flush and had the mechanic clean the filter but the problem still persists. I'm yet to scan though. Please help!

ATF change does not fix problems. Go for diagnosis

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply)

I Parked My Car, Went Into The Bank And This Happened / Lagos Number Plate Abbreviations & What They Mean / Meet Nigerians Who Own Bugatti Veyron Car(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.